Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,564 members, 7,843,768 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 10:50 AM

Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread - Phones (187) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread (778817 Views)

How To Set Your Songs As Ringtone On Infinix Hot 2 X510 / Infinix Hot 2 (x510) Supports Usb Otg / How To Quickly Root Infinix Hot 2 X510 Without PC - Android One (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) ... (270) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by Toluene15: 9:44pm On Jan 27, 2016
XUI 5.1 on HOT 2. Download or zoom for clearer view

Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by Tnesbe: 9:46pm On Jan 27, 2016
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by holaz4real: 11:18pm On Jan 27, 2016
pls ouz,moi infinix nt displayin moi contact name,it only shows no n I Ve remove n add bak moi Google acc still nt showing,pls hep oda tin z dat 4 wixh folder I fit see all ma app cos I ain't seein ma app...buh I can play dem sha,I cn only see dem wen usin sender or play store
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by vanmusco(m): 11:21pm On Jan 27, 2016
Plz wu has purchased d extra back casing and d 3000mah batter. Is it real
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by PietroRico(m): 6:29am On Jan 28, 2016
Has anyone figured out how to change mm imei yet?
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by oluwaemmanuel: 7:56am On Jan 28, 2016
PietroRico:
Has anyone figured out how to change mm imei yet?

try using chamelephon.. It needs rooting bt try d app without rooting first and let me knw if it works
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by oluwaemmanuel: 7:58am On Jan 28, 2016
Any solution to 88% charging
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by UCprince: 8:34am On Jan 28, 2016
olahpet777:

It's not working. . all the games will play but won save. Saying I have less than 1 mb space on my internal memory even though I gat 4 gb
have you formated your sd card as internal memory if not it won't work,it will keep saying u have less dan 1mb or you should delete photos and videos but that will not sov it.
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by ibietela2(m): 9:31am On Jan 28, 2016
It takes time to charge this days
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by Nobody: 9:59am On Jan 28, 2016
Please link to download the 5.1 xui rom m tired with bugs on this 6.0 please the link
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by newd4all(m): 10:05am On Jan 28, 2016
Jeysmart:
Please link to download the 5.1 xui rom m tired with bugs on this 6.0 please the link

https://mega.nz/#!QBMSBCiK!25n8tAfL7AFpJr2V2g2gKAJU6uK1D8YEnSah-H-13rc

suggest you use mega download manager to save time and ease in download. hope this helps
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by holaz4real: 10:09am On Jan 28, 2016
Jeysmart:
bro I no fit see moi app folder,pls 4 wich folder I fit see m 4 moi internal storage,I cn jez play dem
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by larkz(m): 10:16am On Jan 28, 2016
vanmusco:
Plz wu has purchased d extra back casing and d 3000mah batter. Is it real

Yup very real.
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by fearlesschicken: 11:49am On Jan 28, 2016
SanMinato please how do i downgrade?
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by SanMinato: 1:11pm On Jan 28, 2016
PietroRico:
what would be the wiser choice?
Root and have it fixed myself or want for their bug fixes

That depends on how important the files are to you. If they're very important, root and get them out, then you can flash back 5.1.1 rom and then wait for a more stable marshmallow.
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by SanMinato: 1:17pm On Jan 28, 2016
fearlesschicken:
SanMinato please how do i downgrade?

I suppose you can flash a rom using sp tool or infinix flash tool. If you can, then do a back up (optional), do a factory rest, and then flash the Lollipop 5.1.1 to your phone. You can download the rom here

https://mega.nz/#!NE0RQDqK!U7YeICmOh_u83snCBE2oodotUuhrcL6vk7cwbN6U1xY

1 Like

Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by olahpet777(m): 1:51pm On Jan 28, 2016
UCprince:
have you formated your sd card as internal memory if not it won't work,it will keep saying u have less dan 1mb or you should delete photos and videos but that will not sov it.
Tnks ma man..!!
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by cassyrooy(m): 2:21pm On Jan 28, 2016
Oxytocin:
Wetin Cassy dey find here.. Lol
I see you bro. wink
Just got here, started from page0. grin grin grin

Researching on a new baby to buy, augster just dey hustle hard for here too.

Bro i see you too, wetin dey happen na? cheesy cheesy

The Mis5techy of iHot2 thread, bittg76 will contact you very soon.
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by Thelma2507: 4:18pm On Jan 28, 2016
SanMinato:

That depends on how important the files are to you. If they're very important, root and get them out, then you can flash back 5.1.1 rom and then wait for a more stable marshmallow.

Sanminato pls can u provide me ur wassap numb. Would really need ur asstanc. Thnk u

My files are impt to me, I don't know what root talks about, and I prefer to downgrade back to 5.1.1 .kindly assit root and recover my files. Den go back to 5.1.1

I don't want marshmelo again.

Thnk u
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by SanMinato: 5:06pm On Jan 28, 2016
Thelma2507:

Sanminato pls can u provide me ur wassap numb. Would really need ur asstanc. Thnk u

My files are impt to me, I don't know what root talks about, and I prefer to downgrade back to 5.1.1 .kindly assit root and recover my files. Den go back to 5.1.1

I don't want marshmelo again.

Thnk u

If you've never rooted a phone with PC before then it might be a tricky process for you though. Because you're going to need a lot of tools, and then you're going to have to be intuitive, especially mentally, because I can only do so much.

I can give you my number, but not on this page. The tools you're going to need are sp flashtool, infinix flashtool, twrp recovery for infinix hot 2, vcom and mtk drivers, su flashable zip (marshmallow compatible), the 5.1.1 rom, and of course a computer. You're going to have to download all those materials from different sources online if you want to root and get your files out. The links are there on the Internet if you can search well, I can also help you out on the steps if I can squeeze out some time.

The first step is getting to download those files to your Computer.
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by augster(m): 6:43pm On Jan 28, 2016
cassyrooy:
Just got here, started from page0. grin grin grin

Researching on a new baby to buy, augster just dey hustle hard for here too.

Bro i see you too, wetin dey happen na? cheesy cheesy

The Mis5techy of iHot2 thread, bittg76 will contact you very soon.
lol... Wetin man go do na? Sha mention me when you find perfect one grin
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by RandomVic(m): 7:51pm On Jan 28, 2016
TheeRevelation:
RandomVic , negga4al ..

Please is your mtn psiphon is connecting? Mine stopped this morning o

Mine still working.
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by RandomVic(m): 7:58pm On Jan 28, 2016
Going through the comments on this page I'm kinda asking myself if I'm using the same iHot2 you guys are using? Me neva see any major issue on marshmallow yet at all and I'm even rooted sef.

1 Like

Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by JeffreyJamez(m): 8:45pm On Jan 28, 2016
RandomVic:
Going through the comments on this page I'm kinda asking myself if I'm using the same iHot2 you guys are using? Me neva see any major issue on marshmallow yet at all and I'm even rooted sef.

Lol azzin ehn..... the only issue I was having was that memory ish, and I backed up my MC files and formatted my MC to internal memory and voila!... problem solved!.... other than that I'm good!..... The lag they're complaining about when phone is locked his what android 6.0 calls COMA to save battery. WHEN the phone is idle for a long time, it goes into COMA and takes a few seconds to come on.It kinda makes the battery last longer... and to be honest my battery is lasting even more than when I was on lollipop, so me I dunno Tue britinish all this people are talking about. grin

1 Like

Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by RandomVic(m): 9:18pm On Jan 28, 2016
JeffreyJamez:

Lol azzin ehn..... the only issue I was having was that memory ish, and I backed up my MC files and formatted my MC to internal memory and voila!... problem solved!.... other than that I'm good!..... The lag they're complaining about when phone is locked his what android 6.0 calls COMA to save battery. WHEN the phone is idle for a long time, it goes into COMA and takes a few seconds to come on.It kinda makes the battery last longer... and to be honest my battery is lasting even more than when I was on lollipop, so me I dunno Tue britinish all this people are talking about. grin

Guy me self tire o. Most commenters dey complain say marshmallow don dealt a huge blow on their battery performance but me dey see the opposite in fact my battery seem to be charging faster and last longer compare to lollipop grin even the memory ish sef I no face am, I did my update manually though, rooted afterwards. I'm guessing the reason why I have it so good compare to other iHOT2 users is because I went straight to marshmallows February 1 security patch update and thus negating the need to do a second update of 800+mb as most users did. I nor even know say that lag when the phone dey idle na feature sef, good thing you made mention of that nifty little coma feature. All in all marshmallow sweet die and I ain't complaining grin

3 Likes

Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by cassyrooy(m): 9:53pm On Jan 28, 2016
augster:
lol... Wetin man go do na? Sha mention me when you find perfect one grin
This dollar ish just plummet plans, i been wan buy iHOT2 with 2GB RAM.

I no like 1GB RAM devices if not i for buy the 1GB own.

iHOT2-1GB RAM variant na how much now? Plus pick to Gwarimpa.
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by augster(m): 10:08pm On Jan 28, 2016
cassyrooy:

#22,200 and #800
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by Nobody: 10:12pm On Jan 28, 2016
SanMinato:

It turns out it's a bug afterall. Your files are safe but they are hidden. You can't access it because the shortcut that's supposed to bring up the directory has a wrong target folder (a ROM bug). Instead of saving your files to /data, it's saving it to data/0. So the only way to get those files now is to root your phone and use a root browser. I'm really sorry.
After copying to a memory card, can I put d card in a rooted fone and copy
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by cassyrooy(m): 10:17pm On Jan 28, 2016
augster:
#22,200 and #800
Na wa o.
Don't be vexing o, 2GB RAM own nko? grin So that i can make a choice.
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by MrAnonymous: 10:56pm On Jan 28, 2016
cassyrooy:

If you are looking for a 1GB ram phone, I will advise you go for the Doogee X5 Android phone. It has almost same specs with Infinix hot 2, except it's cheaper. For N19,990.
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by ajascar2: 1:19am On Jan 29, 2016
Okay guys ...here is the good news....I have found a way!!!!!!!
I have been following this thread from the first post....
The update was sent to my phone OTA.... And after the update to marshmallow , I couldn't access my documents and my contacts were misbehaving...... Well the contacts ish has been solved which leaves us with one problem left...how to access the filea that has miraculously disappeared..... Well after much brainstorming and research I finally found how .....

First of all for those who says that marshmallow cannot be rooted Ure wrong..... I rooted mine .....
U will need a PC, infinix flash tools, SU, and some other tools ......
And also u can change the imei of marshmallow also .....I used chamelephon and it worked perfectly

So after doing that , download and install es explorer.....I will continue in the morning........... Am over joyed and feeling sleepy....I also have to be early to my PPA....

Goodnight guys....keep the hope alive!!

1 Like

Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by Oxytocin(m): 1:25am On Jan 29, 2016
JeffreyJamez:

Lolz... Abi
I have not seen any problem this guyz are all complaining about, and thank God the COMA stunt is a feature grin. Rooting is even possible using a laptop, but naah, don't like rooted phones.
Rocking the marshmallow jae.. cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) ... (270) (Reply)

Android, Anyone? Part II / Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing / How To Register A New 2go Account On 2go Chat Messenger

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.