Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,840 members, 7,810,236 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:20 AM

Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread - Phones (254) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread (775441 Views)

How To Set Your Songs As Ringtone On Infinix Hot 2 X510 / Infinix Hot 2 (x510) Supports Usb Otg / How To Quickly Root Infinix Hot 2 X510 Without PC - Android One (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (251) (252) (253) (254) (255) (256) (257) ... (270) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by cyrilomeru: 12:45am On Sep 07, 2016
Toluene15:
XOS Chameleon Ui for Infinix Hot 2(x510)

XOS Chameleon ported from infinix Hot 4

Disclaimer:
Code:
I'm not responsible if your device gain the ability to fly or
became very cool & awesome after flashing this rom!
You're flashing this at your own risk.
After countless time spent on porting this rom, I present to you the beautiful XOS rom !
What is working?

What is not working?
- Flash light toggle in systemUI
Bugs:
- Notification LED is buggy

Changelog:
Version 1:
Code:
- Based port on X557-H807A1-M-160815V57
- Added USB storage in build.prop
- Fixed screen lock password
- Removed apps inside system/vendor to reduce zip size
Screenshots
- Look in the screenshots tab.
Work- around for notification LED and flash light toggle:
- For LED you can try LED blinker notifications or Light flow with root to control LED and flash light, from playstore.
- You can also download any Torch app as an alternative for broken flash light toggle.

Download
https://docs.google.com/uc?id=0B7y4p3WSVdQgNnFxdkhRclVOSlk&export=download
XOS Chameleon V.2.0.0
How to flash?
- Make sure you have infinix partition table, or you were on infinix rom before.
- Go to recovery
- Wipe everything (Just in case)
- Flash rom
- Notice: flashing take time, so please be patient & wait.
- Alternatively you can try dual boot patcher to flash rom. (SD card doesn't work when using the app with MM roms)

~ Happy flashing ~

XDA:DevDB Information
XOS Chameleon, ROM for the Infinix HOT 2

Contributors
Mysteryagr, Nonta72
ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
ROM Firmware Required: Infinix rom partition table
Based On: Infinix

Version Information
Current Stable Version: 1
Stable Release Date: 2016-09-06

Created 2016-09-06
Last Updated 2016-09-06

bro pls I lost u contact , pls drop ur WhatsApp number or add me 08125106255
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by negga4al(m): 2:00am On Sep 07, 2016
SanMinato:
Who would have thought that my Infinix hot 2 had the capacity to look this beautiful.

What's the bug? Why haven't reported on XDA to OP?
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by SanMinato: 8:01am On Sep 07, 2016
negga4al:

What's the bug? Why haven't reported on XDA to OP?

I will do that.
Bugs are

1. weak network signals (not actually weak, it just appears to be weak)
2. No audio when connected to Bluetooth headset or earphones
3. Occasionally screen flickering when using apps like ucweb

I'm sure there may be others but these are the ones I've seen myself. It's an awesome from but that 2nd bug needs to be fixed ASAP.
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by Toluene15: 10:39am On Sep 07, 2016
I have successfully installed the XOS ROM for Hot 2.

-Please note that this ROM takes time to install(abt 20min) so you have to be patient. you might think it has freezed but it hasn't, give it time.
-Don't root this ROM yet because it will result in boot loop.
-Install over infinix ROM and not over Android one because of bootloop.
-Do the usual wipe (davlink,cache,system, data) don't check internal and external storage so as not to wipe you files.
-The battery life if Good.

functional
*Magazine lock screen is working but no 3 finger screenshot.
*Magazine lock screen receive updates + you can save images.

shortcuts
*pwr + vol up= screen record
*pwr + vol down= screenshot

Bugs:
- led notification bug. it works but not stable
-flashlight in toggle(use flashlight apps or 360 security)

~Happy flashing ~

Here are some screenshots

Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by Toluene15: 10:50am On Sep 07, 2016
more

Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by LeonMacJames(m): 5:19pm On Sep 07, 2016
Toluene15:
more
pls tell me otg is enabled .how did you try to root
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by Toluene15: 5:39pm On Sep 07, 2016
LeonMacJames:
pls tell me otg is enabled .how did you try to root
No otg and root sad
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by LeonMacJames(m): 5:48pm On Sep 07, 2016
SanMinato:
Who would have thought that my Infinix hot 2 had the capacity to look this beautiful.
is this cm13, does it support otg.
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by LeonMacJames(m): 6:13pm On Sep 07, 2016
Toluene15:

No otg and root sad
chaiiiiiiiii. cry How dd u try to root, kingroot, twrp recovery(via the latest supersubeta2.66.zip) or Pc. I really need a 6.0 rom with otg support
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by badbros(m): 7:27pm On Sep 07, 2016
SanMinato:
Deep darknes cool
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by Toluene15: 7:48pm On Sep 07, 2016
LeonMacJames:
chaiiiiiiiii. cry How dd u try to root, kingroot, twrp recovery(via the latest supersubeta2.66.zip) or Pc. I really need a 6.0 rom with otg support
I tried all except pc. Non worked. They said it's because androidone marshmallow kernel(the only marshmallow kernel for hot 2) was used and it doesn't support OTG
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by LeonMacJames(m): 8:38pm On Sep 07, 2016
Toluene15:

I tried all except pc. Non worked. They said it's because androidone marshmallow kernel(the only marshmallow kernel for hot 2) was used and it doesn't support OTG
so thatmeans no Otg on marshmallow even for that Tecno w4 6.0 rom
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by Esegracexxx(f): 8:44pm On Sep 07, 2016
The name of this theme?
SanMinato:
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by Toluene15: 8:57pm On Sep 07, 2016
LeonMacJames:
so thatmeans no Otg on marshmallow even for that Tecno w4 6.0 rom
All marshmallow ported ROM. Only lollipop have OTG.
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by LeonMacJames(m): 9:14pm On Sep 07, 2016
Toluene15:

im running infinix xui ported from x551. can i flash over it or i have to revert back back to initial infinix lollipop 5.1. [does the xos have hotknot]
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by Neyoalao(m): 9:18pm On Sep 07, 2016
Toluene15:

Please what's the procedure for porting roms. Its being a while i did and am on Androidone presently
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by Toluene15: 4:48am On Sep 08, 2016
LeonMacJames:
im running infinix xui ported from x551. can i flash over it or i have to revert back back to initial infinix lollipop 5.1. [does the xos have hotknot]
No, just do your wipe and flash. No Hotknot.

You can flash any custom ROM over each other as far as the phone stock Rom was on infinix 5.1 ROM which was flashed via sp flashtool earlier.
Just do the usual wipe then proceed.
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by Toluene15: 4:57am On Sep 08, 2016
Neyoalao:

Please what's the procedure for porting roms. Its being a while i did and am on Androidone presently
1. You'll have to leave Androidone and flash infinix stock ROM first
2. Flash TWRP recovery for infinix ROM
3. Boot to recovery then install the XOS Zip file
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by Toluene15: 5:03am On Sep 08, 2016
This might help those that wants to flash over Androidone ROM.

Ok.. I have a workaround for you
1- Download XOS rom
2- Unzip it
3- In META-INF folder go to com/google/android and delete "updater-script"
4- Download updater script from the attachment, unzip it and put it in the previous directory
5- Go to system/app and delete some apps to free some space, for example you can delete (Chrome, Hangouts, Youtube, & userguide)
6- Make sure that system folder size is less than 1.80 GB
7- zip the rom back
8- Flash it, it should boot.
Attached Files
updater-script.zip - [Click for QR Code] (3.2 KB) http://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3868026&d=1473278239

Ref
http://forum.xda-developers.com/hot-2/development/rom-xos-infinix-hot-2-t3456019/page4

1 Like

Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by Toluene15: 6:01am On Sep 08, 2016
[Other Country] Xos full theme for Cm13/12.x Only for author

#1 Sherif.Youssef1
Favorites 1 hour(s) ago
Hello Everyone

I have come with full XOS theme For Cm13/12.x Roms CM13/12.

What's Themed
_Xos icons
_Xos wallpaper
_Xos bootanimation
_Xos font
_Xos ringtone
_Xos alarm
_Xos notification
_Xos app color (dailer_contact_messages_clock_
setting_facebook_whatsapp)

Screenshots

Download Link: bit. ly /2cjb9vh
Please Don't replace link

Important notes
_Please don't replace link
_if you find proplem with link
open it with adblock browser (uc browser)
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by LeonMacJames(m): 12:21pm On Sep 08, 2016
Toluene15:

No, just do your wipe and flash. No Hotknot.

You can flash any custom ROM over each other as far as the phone stock Rom was on infinix 5.1 ROM which was flashed via sp flashtool earlier.
Just do the usual wipe then proceed.
my kernel version is 3.10.72 hope no problem with this
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by Oluwawapelumi(m): 2:40pm On Sep 08, 2016
My battery drains faster.
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by Toluene15: 3:36pm On Sep 08, 2016
LeonMacJames:
my kernel version is 3.10.72 hope no problem with this
No p
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by LeonMacJames(m): 9:06am On Sep 09, 2016
Toluene15:

No p
so until infinix makes a marshmallow ota that supports otg. We won't be seeing otg on marshmallow custom roms. Hmmm. Lemme try out all the 6.0 rom ive downloaded. If dont lije any ill settle down for resurrection remix ,amigo, or that cm12.1 xperia z5. Thanks anyway
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by khalz(m): 10:41pm On Sep 09, 2016
pls my infinx hot 2 charges very fast ..like in 35minutes ...its full....but then drains very fast....in like 30 minutes....what could be d problem please...thanks,
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by TobiStark: 11:43pm On Sep 10, 2016
Please how do I boot to recovery on my unrooted Marshmallow device
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by LoyhaLtee(m): 1:11am On Sep 11, 2016
Please, i want to upgrade my infinix hot 2 from 5.1 to 6.0... but it is saying i can only upgrade with wifi only until 5/14/2026... Please, how can i upgrade it with mobile data?
2. Please, will i lose any data like my music, applications when i upgrade to marshmallow?
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by Toluene15: 3:25pm On Sep 11, 2016
Who has received Android 7.0?

Wow! Android One Smartphones Now Receives Android 7.0 Nougat - Upgrade Now!
What are you still waiting for? When Android Nougat 7.0 now hits Android One Smartphones with their latest version. So Android 7.0 Nougat now roll out the upgrade over-the-air update method.
You might still be confused that what is OVER THE AIR
and what is ANDROID ONE SMARTPHONE? So let me break it down for you, OVER THE AIR is when you are sent a notification of latest System upgrade in order to upgrade your phone with your data easily while
ANDROID ONE SMARTPHONE is a line of consumer electronics devices that run the Android operating system. It is a standard created by Google for Android systems and customers in the developing world. So
Android one means smartphones that runs the OS system by Google E.g Infinix, Micromax Canvas A1, Lava Pixel V1, Cherry Mobile, and others.
So the way to upgrade to Android 7.0 nougat is exactly the way you upgrade to 6.0 Marshmallow which is called OTA ( OVER THE AIR) , the latest software update the day after Google releases the Nexus factory image.
How to upgrade my Android one to Android 7.0 Nougat
It is very easy and simple because is just the way you upgrade to 6.0 Marshmallow.
Go to settings
Then scroll down and click on ABOUT PHONE
Then after that, click on System updates
And you can the click on DOWNLOAD which will use 747.8MB to download.
Then your phone will reboot and immediately your phone will turn to Android 7.0 Nougat version.
Note: To check kindly click on settings>>about phone then scroll and see it. So enjoy your new Android version.
So if you are using Android one smartphone, we will look to hear from you, if you have received the software update notification.

Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by Nobody: 3:38pm On Sep 11, 2016
Toluene15:
Who has received Android 7.0?

Wow! Android One Smartphones Now Receives Android 7.0 Nougat - Upgrade Now!
What are you still waiting for? When Android Nougat 7.0 now hits Android One Smartphones with their latest version. So Android 7.0 Nougat now roll out the upgrade over-the-air update method.
You might still be confused that what is OVER THE AIR
and what is ANDROID ONE SMARTPHONE? So let me break it down for you, OVER THE AIR is when you are sent a notification of latest System upgrade in order to upgrade your phone with your data easily while
ANDROID ONE SMARTPHONE is a line of consumer electronics devices that run the Android operating system. It is a standard created by Google for Android systems and customers in the developing world. So
Android one means smartphones that runs the OS system by Google E.g Infinix, Micromax Canvas A1, Lava Pixel V1, Cherry Mobile, and others.
So the way to upgrade to Android 7.0 nougat is exactly the way you upgrade to 6.0 Marshmallow which is called OTA ( OVER THE AIR) , the latest software update the day after Google releases the Nexus factory image.
How to upgrade my Android one to Android 7.0 Nougat
It is very easy and simple because is just the way you upgrade to 6.0 Marshmallow.
Go to settings
Then scroll down and click on ABOUT PHONE
Then after that, click on System updates
And you can the click on DOWNLOAD which will use 747.8MB to download.
Then your phone will reboot and immediately your phone will turn to Android 7.0 Nougat version.
Note: To check kindly click on settings>>about phone then scroll and see it. So enjoy your new Android version.
So if you are using Android one smartphone, we will look to hear from you, if you have received the software update notification.

have you received it on hot 2?

(1) (2) (3) ... (251) (252) (253) (254) (255) (256) (257) ... (270) (Reply)

Android, Anyone? Part II / Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing / How To Register A New 2go Account On 2go Chat Messenger

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.