Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,256 members, 7,815,393 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:40 AM

Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread - Phones (72) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread (775987 Views)

How To Set Your Songs As Ringtone On Infinix Hot 2 X510 / Infinix Hot 2 (x510) Supports Usb Otg / How To Quickly Root Infinix Hot 2 X510 Without PC - Android One (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) ... (270) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by LeonMacJames(m): 2:06pm On Sep 30, 2015
Who here has successfully updated his hot2 with the 34mb update pushed to the infinix xui 5.1 rom, as a former root user.
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by Nobody: 2:46pm On Sep 30, 2015
LeonMacJames:
then where dd you see 34mb update from

From the ota system updates app after I first flashed... I check for updates which i took immediately and the phone instantly got more stable.

Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by Nobody: 2:59pm On Sep 30, 2015
Sirme411:

Wats rili the diff between the two

Simple the android one edition is just a name...it's basically stock android like the one on the nexus phones which is managed by Google and gets prompt updates.
It's a totally stripped down version of android.
And all updates are over the air OTA rather than flashing.

The xui 5.1 is infinix's own software based on Android 5.1 and has added goodies like the ones found in the hot note or other brands out there but without prompt updates but can get updates if infinix decides to.

Android one is Managed and updated by Google.

Xui 5.1 is managed and updated by infinix.

3 Likes

Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by Hayordejee: 3:57pm On Sep 30, 2015
Spartan1203:
i have installed vcom drivers but mtkdroid wont detect the phone. same as sp flash tools. tried on 2 different computers, same outcome. pls any assistance will be much appreciated because the update always comes with error on my phone after unrooting. downloaded the full zip file from the infinix website. pls help.

In addition to wah Bigtt said.... Is USB debugging enabled on ur fone? If u v installed d drivers... Switch off ur fne and plug to pc and let d drivers configure automatically
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by primeson1(m): 4:11pm On Sep 30, 2015
the former
LeonMacJames:
is it a phone with 3000mah ba3 that is going to be released, or a 3000mah ba3 for infinix hot 2.?? sad
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by Billyzone4: 6:02pm On Sep 30, 2015
gotemnutz:

Simple the android one edition is just a name...it's basically stock android like the one on the nexus phones which is managed by Google and gets prompt updates.

The xui 5.1 is infinix's own software based on Android 5.1 and has added goodies like the ones found in the hot note or other brands out there but without prompt updates but can get updates if infinix decides to.

goodies like? so you mean if i use the infinix own 5.1 functions and features not on the android one will work on it? he yes what features and functions?
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by Sirme411(m): 6:21pm On Sep 30, 2015
gotemnutz:

Xo ow do I get the xui 5.1...my fone is rooted
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by LeonMacJames(m): 7:27pm On Sep 30, 2015
primeson1:
the former
but on their Facebook page, they said they are producing a 3000mah ba3 for infinix hot 2, if not so they are saying that we that bought the phone before are stupid abii angry

1 Like

Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by Nobody: 7:39pm On Sep 30, 2015
Sirme411:

Xo ow do I get the xui 5.1...my fone is rooted

You need to visit the infinix x club forum at http://bbs.infinixmobility.com and search for hot 2 firmware... follow the instructions and you are good to go.
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by Nobody: 7:42pm On Sep 30, 2015
Billyzone4:

goodies like? so you mean if i use the infinix own 5.1 functions and features not on the android one will work on it? he yes what features and functions?

Features like hotknot, ram usage visibility, sound recorder, gallery app, file manager, music player app, flash light e.t.c
Flash it and see for your self....and if you don't like it you can revert to android one.
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by LeonMacJames(m): 7:52pm On Sep 30, 2015
gotemnutz:

From the ota system updates app after I first flashed... I check for updates which i took immediately and the phone instantly got more stable.
okay, I understand now, cos I just got the 34mb update on my phone now. But we're u rooted before. The two updates you installed. As you have saved me from, updating my phone and preventing a rooting obstacle. I will help and and assist you on rooting your phone back. 08104588391, u can pm me, whatsapp or telegram
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by Nobody: 7:58pm On Sep 30, 2015
LeonMacJames:
okay, I understand now, cos I just got the 34mb update on my phone now. But we're u rooted before. The two updates you installed. As you have saved me from, updating my phone and preventing a rooting obstacle. I will help and and assist you on rooting your phone back. 08104588391, u can pm me, whatsapp or telegram

Alright given you a message on WhatsApp.

And I wasn't rooted before.. I took the update Immediately I flashed.
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by IdeeEsperanza(m): 8:04pm On Sep 30, 2015
I got this hot 2 today. I snapped two selfies. Now, it's showing "insert an SD card before using the camera." I can't even see the pictures i snapped again. What should I do?

Add me to the whatsapp group 08068398833
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by Nobody: 8:12pm On Sep 30, 2015
IdeeEsperanza:
I got this hot 2 today. I snapped two selfies. Now, it's showing "insert an SD card before using the camera." I can't even see the pictures i snapped again. What should I do?

Add me to the whatsapp group 08068398833

Restart the phone then turn it off and on... You should be good to go after that.

1 Like

Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by IdeeEsperanza(m): 8:19pm On Sep 30, 2015
gotemnutz:

Restart the phone then turn it off and on... You should be good to go after that.

I've done that several times but no solution. I just did a reset/wipe and it's stuck on the reboot animation
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by IdeeEsperanza(m): 8:27pm On Sep 30, 2015
IdeeEsperanza:

I've done that several times but no solution. I just did a reset/wipe and it's stuck on the reboot animation
It's working now. How often will I experience this?
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by Tnesbe: 8:44pm On Sep 30, 2015
gotemnutz:

Features like hotknot, ram usage visibility, sound recorder, gallery app, file manager, music player app, flash light e.t.c
Flash it and see for your self....and if you don't like it you can revert to android one.

What of camera pictures blurry in Android one rom
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by Tnesbe: 8:48pm On Sep 30, 2015
gotemnutz:

What's there any difference in camera pictures quality between this and Android one owm
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by Iamswanky: 8:52pm On Sep 30, 2015
Guys wanna flash dis 5.1 rom..how can I do so without losing my files....something like how I can back my files up??urgently!!"plssssss
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by lilkudos(m): 8:54pm On Sep 30, 2015
LeonMacJames:
but on their Facebook page, they said they are producing a 3000mah ba3 for infinix hot 2, if not so they are saying that we that bought the phone before are stupid abii angry
Puhahahaha men.. It's just funny the way you put it... So that means we are silly.. Cause we couldn't wait for the 3000mah battery... But I think it's a spare battery.. Maybe.
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by Nobody: 9:02pm On Sep 30, 2015
Tnesbe:

What of camera pictures blurry in Android one rom

Its a little bit improved on the xui rom ..I don't take pictures so can't say much.
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by Nobody: 9:04pm On Sep 30, 2015
Iamswanky:
Guys wanna flash dis 5.1 rom..how can I do so without losing my files....something like how I can back my files up??urgently!!"plssssss

If it's files like photos and songs better to move it to a pc or hard drive then restore after flashing.
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by lilkudos(m): 9:07pm On Sep 30, 2015
gotemnutz:

Its a little bit improved on the xui rom ..I don't take pictures so can't say much.
Please can I get a direct link to download the ROM.. Tired of search the forum...
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by LeonMacJames(m): 9:09pm On Sep 30, 2015
lilkudos:

Puhahahaha men.. It's just funny the way you put it... So that means we are silly.. Cause we couldn't wait for the 3000mah battery... But I think it's a spare battery.. Maybe.
i think so too
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by Iamswanky: 9:10pm On Sep 30, 2015
Pls se my phone won't get bricked sha BTW it's unrooted
gotemnutz:

If it's files like photos and songs better to move it to a pc or hard drive then restore after flashing.
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by Nobody: 9:34pm On Sep 30, 2015
lilkudos:

Please can I get a direct link to download the ROM.. Tired of search the forum...

http://bbs.infinixmobility.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=3338&highlight=Hot2

That's the link click on the lollipop 5.1 Version

1 Like

Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by Nobody: 9:35pm On Sep 30, 2015
Iamswanky:
Pls se my phone won't get bricked sha BTW it's unrooted

It won't get bricked if you follow all instructions carefully.
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by CRAZYMADMAN(m): 10:16pm On Sep 30, 2015
Hello, someone should add me to the whatsapp group

Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by IdeeEsperanza(m): 10:17pm On Sep 30, 2015
How do I do the OTA update? Do I need a computer?
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by Nobody: 10:25pm On Sep 30, 2015
IdeeEsperanza:
How do I do the OTA update? Do I need a computer?

Nah just click on the system updates app and check for updates... See if you got anything.
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by oginnite(m): 10:30pm On Sep 30, 2015
Pls guys. Am currently using the stock android one but i want to change it infinix XUI5.1. How do i go about it?. Can i revert XUI 5.1 back to android one if am fed up with it.......

(1) (2) (3) ... (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) ... (270) (Reply)

Android, Anyone? Part II / Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing / How To Register A New 2go Account On 2go Chat Messenger

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.