Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,417 members, 7,819,499 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:14 PM

Nigerian Bride Marries Briton At Spot Where They Met 14 Years Ago (photos) - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Nigerian Bride Marries Briton At Spot Where They Met 14 Years Ago (photos) (2383 Views)

Nigerian Lady Reveals How She Met Her Husband In London 11 Years Ago. Photos / They Met At 7. 20-Year-Old Man Weds 20-Year-Old Girlfriend (Pics) / Photos: Bride Marries Her Dead Groom At His Funeral (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Bride Marries Briton At Spot Where They Met 14 Years Ago (photos) by AmicableEd: 7:32pm On Aug 17, 2015
Aww.

Just like it happens in the movies, these two, Mr and Mrs Arkle, got married at the same spot they met while in secondary school years back (8 years to be precise).

They got married at their secondary schools’ chapel.

“The memories we created at school are treasured forever in our hearts and being able to return to were it all began and take our vows in front of you all, is a dream come true!” they gushed.

Fun facts about them:

1. We’ve been boyfriend and girlfriend since we were 15 and Oliver proposed on our 8th year together.

2. Tayo initiated the first kiss.

3. We have the same size shoes. (much to Tayo’s despair)

4. We both had braces when we started to date.

5. Our first date was in Mc Donald’s.

6. For the year 2008 we spent the whole of lunch time (45mins) hugging in the playground.

7. We still own our first letters from Year 10. (2007)

8. Both of our initials are O.A.

9. We are honeymooning in Barbados!

Their beautiful love story:

Oliver and Tayo met in Year 7, at Archbishop Michael Ramsey Technology College back in 2003.

As fate would have it, they were placed in the same tutor group, and because they both have last names beginning with the letter ‘A’, spent most of their educational life sitting right next to each other.

It wasn’t until their school trip to Isle of Wight in 2006 that they really got to know each other. Whilst on the trip, Oliver was given the task of approaching Tayo in order to find out if she fancied Santiago, Oliver’s best friend.

It was at this time Oliver developed feelings for Tayo. After receiving Santiago’s blessing once they returned to London, he decided to ask Tayo out. Her first response was “no”, which she immediately felt terrible about. That night she phoned Oliver to see if he was ok; His mum answered the phone and after handing it to him, they began talking endlessly, initiating a beautiful friendship.

From then on, Oliver and Tayo were inseparable, they spoke on the phone almost every night and spent all their break time together. It was something they looked forward to every day. Oliver walked her to the bus stop and even joined her family church. They became closer, talking about literally everything under the sun; hopes, dreams, music, and football of course. The next 6 months would see them become best friends.

On April 27, 2007, after school (under the trees), Oliver snuck up behind Tayo with a beautiful gold necklace, placed it around her neck and quietly whispered in her ear, asking if she would be his girlfriend. Of course she couldn’t say no! (He had jewellery this time!) Tayo turned and jumped into him arms! The rest as they say, is history!

See plenty plenty more photos here

http://weddinginnigeria.com/high-school-sweethearts-who-met-14-years-ago-tie-the-knot-same-place-where-the-groom-asked-the-bride-to-be-his-girlfriend/

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Bride Marries Briton At Spot Where They Met 14 Years Ago (photos) by NeduLuiZ(m): 7:34pm On Aug 17, 2015
Happy married life

Diz could have been us but introvert is a runs girl grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Bride Marries Briton At Spot Where They Met 14 Years Ago (photos) by Aminat508(f): 7:36pm On Aug 17, 2015
Waoh beautiful kiss kiss kiss

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Bride Marries Briton At Spot Where They Met 14 Years Ago (photos) by Mariecakes(f): 7:39pm On Aug 17, 2015
Awwwwww....HML
Re: Nigerian Bride Marries Briton At Spot Where They Met 14 Years Ago (photos) by majamajic(m): 7:39pm On Aug 17, 2015
Happy married life to them
Re: Nigerian Bride Marries Briton At Spot Where They Met 14 Years Ago (photos) by Nobody: 7:40pm On Aug 17, 2015
lovely. God bless your marriage
Re: Nigerian Bride Marries Briton At Spot Where They Met 14 Years Ago (photos) by djeezy(m): 7:44pm On Aug 17, 2015
Nice pics.
Re: Nigerian Bride Marries Briton At Spot Where They Met 14 Years Ago (photos) by vivypretty(f): 7:45pm On Aug 17, 2015
happy married life
Re: Nigerian Bride Marries Briton At Spot Where They Met 14 Years Ago (photos) by kokoA(m): 7:46pm On Aug 17, 2015
Lomantik
Re: Nigerian Bride Marries Briton At Spot Where They Met 14 Years Ago (photos) by dunsman(f): 7:55pm On Aug 17, 2015
Wow.. Inspired gonna marry a white lady. Oohh ngozi sorry have changed my mind grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Bride Marries Briton At Spot Where They Met 14 Years Ago (photos) by funnyme(f): 7:59pm On Aug 17, 2015
Happy married life to them. God pls give me my own
Re: Nigerian Bride Marries Briton At Spot Where They Met 14 Years Ago (photos) by AmicableEd: 8:09pm On Aug 17, 2015
more photos

Re: Nigerian Bride Marries Briton At Spot Where They Met 14 Years Ago (photos) by Nobody: 8:10pm On Aug 17, 2015
Romantic
Re: Nigerian Bride Marries Briton At Spot Where They Met 14 Years Ago (photos) by xynerise: 8:23pm On Aug 17, 2015
Wow! Cool. Reminds me of my close female friend that went to Dubai for business and came back home with a German for marriage cool
Re: Nigerian Bride Marries Briton At Spot Where They Met 14 Years Ago (photos) by Moz22: 8:33pm On Aug 17, 2015
Aminat508:
Waoh beautiful kiss kiss kiss
burifu indeed
Re: Nigerian Bride Marries Briton At Spot Where They Met 14 Years Ago (photos) by Lilyomi(f): 8:52pm On Aug 17, 2015
Very nyc
Re: Nigerian Bride Marries Briton At Spot Where They Met 14 Years Ago (photos) by drkay(m): 9:37pm On Aug 17, 2015
Lovely, may the Lord continue to keep them together as one and bless them with all the good fruits of marriage.
Re: Nigerian Bride Marries Briton At Spot Where They Met 14 Years Ago (photos) by AmicableEd: 7:22am On Aug 18, 2015
Amen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
drkay:
Lovely, may the Lord continue to keep them together as one and bless them with all the good fruits of marriage.
Re: Nigerian Bride Marries Briton At Spot Where They Met 14 Years Ago (photos) by xtervaganza(m): 9:34am On Aug 18, 2015
This is what I used to tell these mumu girls oooo

If u must marry a white man, marry a good one who's your age

Don't come to nigeria with one old about to die benefit thief and call him your hubby

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Bride Marries Briton At Spot Where They Met 14 Years Ago (photos) by 400billionman: 9:56am On Aug 18, 2015
NeduLuiZ:
Happy married life

Diz could have been us but introvert is a runs girl grin

Its [size=16]LadyF [/size] again.. grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Bride Marries Briton At Spot Where They Met 14 Years Ago (photos) by 400billionman: 9:58am On Aug 18, 2015
This is pure LOVE..

In Nigeria, its money first.
Re: Nigerian Bride Marries Briton At Spot Where They Met 14 Years Ago (photos) by Nobody: 10:13am On Aug 20, 2015
lol
Re: Nigerian Bride Marries Briton At Spot Where They Met 14 Years Ago (photos) by ronald4lif(m): 10:32am On Aug 20, 2015
Lovely pictures and a very interesting love story. They both have come a long way and it's good they end up together. HML to them.

I love the native attires on those Europeans. Lovely!
Re: Nigerian Bride Marries Briton At Spot Where They Met 14 Years Ago (photos) by Nobody: 10:38am On Aug 20, 2015
lipsrsealed
Re: Nigerian Bride Marries Briton At Spot Where They Met 14 Years Ago (photos) by misspicy(f): 10:43am On Aug 20, 2015
Lovely
Re: Nigerian Bride Marries Briton At Spot Where They Met 14 Years Ago (photos) by Captainswag225(m): 10:46am On Aug 20, 2015
love is so sweet, am happy for them. Firsteva, come make i wed u.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Bride Marries Briton At Spot Where They Met 14 Years Ago (photos) by Nobody: 10:59am On Aug 20, 2015
The girl is so pretty, the guy looks weird undecided
Re: Nigerian Bride Marries Briton At Spot Where They Met 14 Years Ago (photos) by Nobody: 11:00am On Aug 20, 2015
Captainswag225:
love is so sweet, am happy for them. Firsteva, come make i wed u.
ok na, let's go there!! Bahamas pls.
Re: Nigerian Bride Marries Briton At Spot Where They Met 14 Years Ago (photos) by Captainswag225(m): 11:02am On Aug 20, 2015
firstEVA:
ok na, let's go there!! Bahamas pls.
no babe, lets go to sudan.
Re: Nigerian Bride Marries Briton At Spot Where They Met 14 Years Ago (photos) by Captainswag225(m): 11:04am On Aug 20, 2015
firstEVA:
The girl is so pretty, the guy looks weird undecided
thats what i call interracial love. Its sweet than honey, they are even expecting so get ready to see a cute bi racial baby in a few months time.
Re: Nigerian Bride Marries Briton At Spot Where They Met 14 Years Ago (photos) by Nobody: 11:06am On Aug 20, 2015
Captainswag225:
no babe, lets go to sudan.
where is that? Never heard of it before undecided
Re: Nigerian Bride Marries Briton At Spot Where They Met 14 Years Ago (photos) by afolwalex20(m): 11:08am On Aug 20, 2015
Anoda front page topic

Don't know what to say to them..
Happy married life sha!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Interesting Slangs Popularized By Nigerian Musicians & Their Meanings! / I Headbutt And Broke My Girlfriend's Nose By Midassultan / I Feel Her Pvssy Is No Longer As Sweet As When We Jus Started D8n

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.