Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,181 members, 7,811,458 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:02 PM

Unorthodox: The World Laugh As Buhari Cut Down Trees In Abuja (PIX) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Unorthodox: The World Laugh As Buhari Cut Down Trees In Abuja (PIX) (5332 Views)

Osinbajo,Obiano,Ikpeazu,Oshiomhole,Kachikwu,Amosun,Umahi Attend NEC In Abuja(pix / Buhari, Cut Cost, Discard Presidential Fleet - PUNCH / SHOCKING! Buhari Cuts Down Trees In Abuja To Protect The Naira (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Unorthodox: The World Laugh As Buhari Cut Down Trees In Abuja (PIX) by flyingsnail(f): 8:17pm On Aug 17, 2015
The Federal Government of Nigeria has begun chopping down trees in the Federal Capital Territory of Abuja in a bid to defend the naira from decline.

According to Financial Times, the Buhari-led FG is cutting down trees lining the streets of Abuja to “thwart black market money changers, one of a range of unorthodox measures it is deploying to defend its weakening currency”.

A labourer hired by the Abuja Municipal Council to cut down the trees who spoke with the Financial Times in August 2015 said, “The government does not want the trees because people are doing illegal work under them,” as he cut down branches from a tree with a chainsaw.

“The man was referring to money changers from the north of the country who rest under the shade of the trees and sell US dollars, British pounds, and even Saudi riyals to customers hungry for hard currency,” the report concluded.

Other workers were seen cutting down smaller trees with machetes.

Another worker named Alex told the Financial Times reporter, “People change dollars on the road here and it’s not supposed to be like that. People are supposed to go to the banks to do transactions.”

The Financial Times’ report also says:

But a series of central bank decrees issued this summer has instead increasingly restricted how Nigerians can use their banks, seemingly encouraging black market activity. For example, money changers in Abuja say the new rule barring Nigerians from depositing hard currency into banks only boosts unofficial trade.

The naira, still reeling from an oil price of less than $50 a barrel and political uncertainty in the run-up to this year’s elections, has lost a fifth of its value in the past year and has been devalued twice. In import-dependent Nigeria, demand for dollars remains high yet the fall in the price of crude has cut the flow of currency as income from oil exports has dwindled.

The post #Unorthodox: Buhari’s Gov’t Chopping Down Trees In Abuja ‘To Defend The Weakening Naira’ appeared first on The Trent.

http://www.ft.com/intl/cms/s/0/a83e54d0-425c-11e5-9abe-5b335da3a90e.html#axzz3j6dGBodW

Re: Unorthodox: The World Laugh As Buhari Cut Down Trees In Abuja (PIX) by baralatie(m): 8:22pm On Aug 17, 2015
that President Obama picture na something else lolz!
Re: Unorthodox: The World Laugh As Buhari Cut Down Trees In Abuja (PIX) by wawaboy1(m): 8:37pm On Aug 17, 2015
ODE
Re: Unorthodox: The World Laugh As Buhari Cut Down Trees In Abuja (PIX) by lionduke(m): 8:48pm On Aug 17, 2015

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Unorthodox: The World Laugh As Buhari Cut Down Trees In Abuja (PIX) by Nobody: 8:57pm On Aug 17, 2015
Typing
Re: Unorthodox: The World Laugh As Buhari Cut Down Trees In Abuja (PIX) by ifeegee(f): 9:07pm On Aug 17, 2015
With the blazing sun we experience in this city. They want to increase our woes.

God dey na it be my own !!!

2 Likes

Re: Unorthodox: The World Laugh As Buhari Cut Down Trees In Abuja (PIX) by Nobody: 9:09pm On Aug 17, 2015
when a herdsman is the president grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

11 Likes

Re: Unorthodox: The World Laugh As Buhari Cut Down Trees In Abuja (PIX) by aminho(m): 9:13pm On Aug 17, 2015
Blackmail everywhere
Re: Unorthodox: The World Laugh As Buhari Cut Down Trees In Abuja (PIX) by Agwoden(m): 9:14pm On Aug 17, 2015
Lol APC kindergarten President.

16 Likes

Re: Unorthodox: The World Laugh As Buhari Cut Down Trees In Abuja (PIX) by natas22: 9:15pm On Aug 17, 2015

1 Like

Re: Unorthodox: The World Laugh As Buhari Cut Down Trees In Abuja (PIX) by Nobody: 9:18pm On Aug 17, 2015
Trees abi branches? grin

3 Likes

Re: Unorthodox: The World Laugh As Buhari Cut Down Trees In Abuja (PIX) by EdCure: 9:22pm On Aug 17, 2015
Yes! Cut down their covens grin
That is where the pdp witches gather to wail agaisnt the country's progress.
Render them homeless. grin

8 Likes

Re: Unorthodox: The World Laugh As Buhari Cut Down Trees In Abuja (PIX) by major466(m): 9:27pm On Aug 17, 2015
Am not surprised. The apc led federal govt are also planning to use soldiers to revamp the economy. This is what happen when a block head is the president.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unorthodox: The World Laugh As Buhari Cut Down Trees In Abuja (PIX) by mars123(m): 9:31pm On Aug 17, 2015
mumu site, mumu opposition, mumu people commenting, its just a mumu's affair.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unorthodox: The World Laugh As Buhari Cut Down Trees In Abuja (PIX) by whatis1god(m): 10:18pm On Aug 17, 2015
The most stupidicalitaranialisticaniositic post i have ever read in my entire existence.

Op

Clap for your self

You try small

Lol

1 Like

Re: Unorthodox: The World Laugh As Buhari Cut Down Trees In Abuja (PIX) by Elslim: 10:21pm On Aug 17, 2015
ifeegee:
With the blazing sun we experience in this city. They want to increase our woes.

must u believe everything u read online.. cant u use ur brain to filter news?? r u dat daft??

4 Likes

Re: Unorthodox: The World Laugh As Buhari Cut Down Trees In Abuja (PIX) by sanandreas(m): 10:41pm On Aug 17, 2015
Green world is what we need. Why cut off tree branches?
Re: Unorthodox: The World Laugh As Buhari Cut Down Trees In Abuja (PIX) by dat9jaguy(m): 10:43pm On Aug 17, 2015
major466:
Am not surprised. The apc led federal govt are also planning to use soldiers to revamp the economy. This is what happen when a block head is the president.

Bros lie small small na. undecided
Fear GOD o

2 Likes

Re: Unorthodox: The World Laugh As Buhari Cut Down Trees In Abuja (PIX) by GenbIoodykiller: 10:46pm On Aug 17, 2015
EdCure:
Yes! Cut down their covens grin
That is where the pdp witches gather to wail agaisnt the country's progress.
Render them homeless. grin

i taught you're educated

primitive dunce

2 Likes

Re: Unorthodox: The World Laugh As Buhari Cut Down Trees In Abuja (PIX) by EdCure: 11:11pm On Aug 17, 2015
GenbIoodykiller:
i taught you're educated
primitive dunce
Advanced TANoid lunatic, what could amuse me more than a thread that increases your misery?

4 Likes

Re: Unorthodox: The World Laugh As Buhari Cut Down Trees In Abuja (PIX) by GenbIoodykiller: 11:16pm On Aug 17, 2015
EdCure:

Advanced TANoid lunatic, what could amuse me more than a thread that increases your misery?

Hmmmmm have you forked your mother's asss tonight?

3 Likes

Re: Unorthodox: The World Laugh As Buhari Cut Down Trees In Abuja (PIX) by EdCure: 11:23pm On Aug 17, 2015
GenbIoodykiller:
Hmmmmm have you forked your mother's asss tonight?
I dont do back and forth with mentally deranged products of iincest like you..you know that.

Now, go and drink a glass of bleach. It will end your misery.

6 Likes

Re: Unorthodox: The World Laugh As Buhari Cut Down Trees In Abuja (PIX) by GenbIoodykiller: 11:29pm On Aug 17, 2015
EdCure:

I dont do back and forth with mentally deranged products of iincest like you..you know that.

Now, go and drink a glass of bleach. It will end your misery.

i repeat have you forked your mother's asss tonight?

btw

remember to use condom
aids is real grin

3 Likes

Re: Unorthodox: The World Laugh As Buhari Cut Down Trees In Abuja (PIX) by EdCure: 11:36pm On Aug 17, 2015
GenbIoodykiller:
i repeat have you forked your mother's asss tonight?
btw
remember to use condom
aids is real grin
Being a product of iincest, what do you call the drunken pervert that is responsible for your unfortunate birth? Do you call him uncle? or papa? or grandpa? grin

6 Likes

Re: Unorthodox: The World Laugh As Buhari Cut Down Trees In Abuja (PIX) by GenbIoodykiller: 11:40pm On Aug 17, 2015
EdCure:

Being a product of iincest, what do you call the drunken pervert that is responsible for your unfortunate birth? Do you call him uncle? or papa? or grandpa? grin

ok in that case if have not forked your harlot mother's puccccy i guess that rabid dog has ravaged her smelly saggy rotten pucccy.

your mother forks dogs isn't it?

technically you're a product of dog's sperm and a Hopless harlot mother

Re: Unorthodox: The World Laugh As Buhari Cut Down Trees In Abuja (PIX) by mrrock: 11:43pm On Aug 17, 2015
This's what you get when you have a "first school leaving certificate" holder as president.

2 Likes

Re: Unorthodox: The World Laugh As Buhari Cut Down Trees In Abuja (PIX) by EdCure: 11:50pm On Aug 17, 2015
GenbIoodykiller:
ok in that case if have not forked your harlot mother's puccccy i guess that rabid dog has ravaged her smelly saggy rotten pucccy.
your mother forks dogs isn't it?
technically you're a product of dog's sperm and a Hopless harlot mother
You are known to always lick the asses of the goats, cows nd pigs in your village. How many times have they deposited a giant shiit on your brainless head and urinated on your ugly face?

3 Likes

Re: Unorthodox: The World Laugh As Buhari Cut Down Trees In Abuja (PIX) by ukaegbuikedia: 12:04am On Aug 18, 2015
Buhari vs Nigeria. Imagine lizard lifting a weightlift.

1 Like

Re: Unorthodox: The World Laugh As Buhari Cut Down Trees In Abuja (PIX) by kenedy175(m): 12:10am On Aug 18, 2015
Is this supposed to be a joke?

1 Like

Re: Unorthodox: The World Laugh As Buhari Cut Down Trees In Abuja (PIX) by LFJ: 12:10am On Aug 18, 2015
I find it difficult to believe that these are the type of ppl Bacanister choose as friends.

2 Likes

Re: Unorthodox: The World Laugh As Buhari Cut Down Trees In Abuja (PIX) by kellyJames5(m): 12:39am On Aug 18, 2015
ifeegee:

Mehn!

The sun is something else!

Sometimes I'd wonder if I'm in Maiduguri
Re: Unorthodox: The World Laugh As Buhari Cut Down Trees In Abuja (PIX) by sentaljohn(m): 5:20am On Aug 18, 2015
he wants the world to laugh na...and not to cry,,,,,nice job baba

(1) (2) (Reply)

600 Terrorists Killed In Russian Cruise Missile Strike In Syria / 26 Years After Orka's Coup: Why I Did Not Kill President Babangida . / Amosun Commends Ogun State Workers (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.