Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,195 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:24 AM

SHOCKING! Buhari Cuts Down Trees In Abuja To Protect The Naira - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / SHOCKING! Buhari Cuts Down Trees In Abuja To Protect The Naira (2198 Views)

SHOCKING: Buhari’s Minister, Mama Taraba Boasting How She Controls The Judiciary / Buhari Cuts Cars In Motorcade / Unorthodox: The World Laugh As Buhari Cut Down Trees In Abuja (PIX) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

SHOCKING! Buhari Cuts Down Trees In Abuja To Protect The Naira by adino(m): 7:33am On Aug 18, 2015
SHOCKING! shocked shocked shocked shocked
When a Dullard is at the helm of affairs the whole country runs at reverse gear.

The Muhammadu Buhari administration has reportedly resorted to cutting down trees in Abuja in a bid to save the Naira.

According to Financial Times, the Buhari-led FG is cutting down trees lining the streets of Abuja to ''thwart black market money changers, one of a range of unorthodox measures it is deploying to defend its weakening currency''.

The chopping down of the trees is part of the holistic plan to discourage black market operators of forex who carry out their businesses under the trees.

Some labourers hired by the Abuja city government cut the trees spoke to Financial Times. One said, ''The government does not want the trees because people are doing illegal work under them,” as he cut down branches from a tree with a chainsaw.

''The man was referring to money changers from the north of the country who rest under the shade of the trees and sell US dollars, British pounds, and even Saudi riyals to customers hungry for hard currency,” the report concluded.

Source
http://www.nigerianbulletin.com/threads/financial-times-buhari-cuts-down-trees-in-abuja-to-protect-the-naira.116106/

2 Likes

Re: SHOCKING! Buhari Cuts Down Trees In Abuja To Protect The Naira by BeeBeeOoh(m): 7:34am On Aug 18, 2015
Abooki na Abokii even if he applies bleaching cream..

2 Likes

Re: SHOCKING! Buhari Cuts Down Trees In Abuja To Protect The Naira by slap1(m): 7:34am On Aug 18, 2015
For real? shocked
Re: SHOCKING! Buhari Cuts Down Trees In Abuja To Protect The Naira by swtchicgurl: 7:35am On Aug 18, 2015
Cut them down!!!

Some of the fetish politicians hold meetings in them too.
Re: SHOCKING! Buhari Cuts Down Trees In Abuja To Protect The Naira by amadice(m): 7:37am On Aug 18, 2015
mad president of a funny country
what as cutting down of tree got to do with naira value..
some one needs to tell him that planting of tree help in preventing erosion and it helps in beautifying a city...
that what u get we u attend a so called war college when others went to the universities and upgraded their sense of reason..

2 Likes

Re: SHOCKING! Buhari Cuts Down Trees In Abuja To Protect The Naira by Splashme: 7:37am On Aug 18, 2015
This is the result when an illiterate is your president.
See how the international community is laughing at us.

2 Likes

Re: SHOCKING! Buhari Cuts Down Trees In Abuja To Protect The Naira by Abugab(m): 7:37am On Aug 18, 2015
Reason is suspicious.

1 Like

Re: SHOCKING! Buhari Cuts Down Trees In Abuja To Protect The Naira by BishopMagic: 7:38am On Aug 18, 2015
1984 all over again.

The ediot will soon issue out a fatwa criminalising the dollar.

3 Likes

Re: SHOCKING! Buhari Cuts Down Trees In Abuja To Protect The Naira by BishopMagic: 7:39am On Aug 18, 2015
swtchicgurl:
Cut them down!!!

Some of the fetish politicians hold meetings in them too.

I am sure you are from Benin ancient city where trees are taboos.
Re: SHOCKING! Buhari Cuts Down Trees In Abuja To Protect The Naira by 9jii(m): 7:39am On Aug 18, 2015
BeeBeeOoh:
Abooki na Abokii even if he applies bleaching cream..
Amuloba na Omo nna even if he slim his gbomo lips

1 Like 1 Share

Re: SHOCKING! Buhari Cuts Down Trees In Abuja To Protect The Naira by Ahzyz(m): 7:39am On Aug 18, 2015
Cut them all Kill them all Those fucking ducking PDP.
Re: SHOCKING! Buhari Cuts Down Trees In Abuja To Protect The Naira by kodded(m): 7:39am On Aug 18, 2015
undecided

when the dulllard rules, the people suffer
undecided

1 Like

Re: SHOCKING! Buhari Cuts Down Trees In Abuja To Protect The Naira by swtchicgurl: 7:40am On Aug 18, 2015
BishopMagic:

I am sure you are from Benin ancient city where trees are taboos.

No sir. I'm not from benin. Are you from sambisa?
Re: SHOCKING! Buhari Cuts Down Trees In Abuja To Protect The Naira by BishopMagic: 7:41am On Aug 18, 2015
swtchicgurl:

No sir. I'm not from benin. Are you from sambisa?

Am fresh from uranus
Re: SHOCKING! Buhari Cuts Down Trees In Abuja To Protect The Naira by swtchicgurl: 7:44am On Aug 18, 2015
BishopMagic:

Am fresh from uranus

Cool. Nice to meet you. How are your kind over there?
Re: SHOCKING! Buhari Cuts Down Trees In Abuja To Protect The Naira by Ndkings1(m): 7:46am On Aug 18, 2015
Hahaha

1 Like

Re: SHOCKING! Buhari Cuts Down Trees In Abuja To Protect The Naira by sebali: 7:53am On Aug 18, 2015
I wont believe dis news until a Nairalander dat lives in Abj can confirm.
Abj residents over 2 u, and pls help us with specifics lik d locations were these are being carried out cos d OP omitted this in his post
Re: SHOCKING! Buhari Cuts Down Trees In Abuja To Protect The Naira by Welrez(m): 8:04am On Aug 18, 2015
I have stopped taking PMB serious a long time ago.

1 Like

Re: SHOCKING! Buhari Cuts Down Trees In Abuja To Protect The Naira by kodded(m): 8:18am On Aug 18, 2015
Ahzyz:
Cut them all Kill them all Those fucking ducking PDP.
undecided

it is very easy to spot a man with no brain nowadays
undecided

1 Like

Re: SHOCKING! Buhari Cuts Down Trees In Abuja To Protect The Naira by themaskedman: 8:33am On Aug 18, 2015
Trees previous govts spent millions to plant and maintain is what this illiterate marafoker is cutting down because he lacks idea how to protect the naira, what a shame.
Let me remind the phoool that those trees he's cutting down were planted for the beautification of the city and also against desert encroachment.
Must you destroy the earth to protect the naira? How about sending the police and other security agencies to flush them out if you feel their operation is responsible for the fall in the value of the naira?
When you told us you were going to make the naira equal to the dollar, we knew you were crazy and had no idea what you were saying, but we didn't know you plan of success is even more crazy and idiotic than the idea itself. In other places, the earth is being conserved and protected against the elements but here a brainless dullard is opening us to harm and destruction.
It's so unfortunate we have to live with this mess for the next four years.

1 Like

Re: SHOCKING! Buhari Cuts Down Trees In Abuja To Protect The Naira by boujaye: 8:42am On Aug 18, 2015
chai! naija don suffer? i thought his special advisers are schooled.?

Oh sorry i have just been corrected, buhari hasn't appointed any. He thought we are still in the 1980ties.

1 Like

Re: SHOCKING! Buhari Cuts Down Trees In Abuja To Protect The Naira by rozayx5(m): 8:47am On Aug 18, 2015
could this be true cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: SHOCKING! Buhari Cuts Down Trees In Abuja To Protect The Naira by Decibel: 9:05am On Aug 18, 2015
What a reasoning ! Kudos to the Daura Man.
Re: SHOCKING! Buhari Cuts Down Trees In Abuja To Protect The Naira by BishopMagic: 9:11am On Aug 18, 2015
swtchicgurl:

Cool. Nice to meet you. How are your kind over there?

uranus is not looking well
Re: SHOCKING! Buhari Cuts Down Trees In Abuja To Protect The Naira by DONMAYOR19(m): 9:19am On Aug 18, 2015
dullarrd is always dullard, how will cutting down of trees make one dollar to be one naira as he promise before the election.
scam president of unserious country that voted in an unserious and illiterate president that remain stagnant or go backward self. the dullard will always remain dullapo for life.
Re: SHOCKING! Buhari Cuts Down Trees In Abuja To Protect The Naira by ifelovemi: 9:20am On Aug 18, 2015
themaskedman:
Trees previous govts spent millions to plant and maintain is what this illiterate marafoker is cutting down because he lacks idea how to protect the naira, what a shame.
Let me remind the phoool that those trees he's cutting down were planted for the beautification of the city and also against desert encroachment.
Must you destroy the earth to protect the naira? How about sending the police and other security agencies to flush them out if you feel their operation is responsible for the fall in the value of the naira?
When you told us you were going to make the naira equal to the dollar, we knew you were crazy and had no idea what you were saying, but we didn't know you plan of success is even more crazy and idiotic than the idea itself. In other places, the earth is being conserved and protected against the elements but here a brainless dullard is opening us to harm and destruction.
It's so unfortunate we have to live with this mess for the next four years.

You are a fool to have belief this story from a fool like you, did this reasons emanate from any government official? oh i forget it emanate from a labourer and you are calling buhari a dullard offer it so who is a fool now.
Ewu
Re: SHOCKING! Buhari Cuts Down Trees In Abuja To Protect The Naira by BishopMagic: 9:23am On Aug 18, 2015
ifelovemi:

You are a fool to have belief this story from a fool like you, did this reasons emanate from any government official? oh i forget it emanate from a labourer and you are calling buhari a dullard offer it so who is a fool now.
Ewu

Why are they cutting public trees?
Re: SHOCKING! Buhari Cuts Down Trees In Abuja To Protect The Naira by Nobody: 9:29am On Aug 18, 2015
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin. This change self
Re: SHOCKING! Buhari Cuts Down Trees In Abuja To Protect The Naira by sweetgala(m): 9:36am On Aug 18, 2015
Journalist in Nigeria are very poor these days and dishonest , while the readers have formal education and little intelligence. Any discerning individual knows the branches were trimmed to remove the shade it provided for the black.market money changers who stayed there and to improve security in that area, by making it not conducive for them
Re: SHOCKING! Buhari Cuts Down Trees In Abuja To Protect The Naira by simpleseyi: 10:18am On Aug 18, 2015
Splashme:
This is the result when an illiterate is your president.
See how the international community is laughing at us.

Please what is the result of having a very educated PhD holder president who peaches that stealing is not corruption? I will tell you. The result is jobless nonentities like you who get 5 Naira per senseless post.

(1) (Reply)

Illiterate Is Still Asking Me, I Am Emperor Of the country of Western Nigeria. / Revealed: How Geoffrey Onyeama Became The Minister From Enugu State / Mrs Aisha Buhari 'Wife of the President' official office (Pictured)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.