Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,691 members, 7,955,603 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 10:28 AM

Mad Woman Delivers Baby Boy For Puff-puff Seller - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mad Woman Delivers Baby Boy For Puff-puff Seller (1780 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu's Wife Delivers A Bouncing Baby Boy / Supreme Court Delivers Judgment On Wike’s Appeal Today / Woman In Labour Insists On Voting, Delivers Baby Shortly After Voting In Sokoto (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mad Woman Delivers Baby Boy For Puff-puff Seller by moneygurl: 8:10pm On Mar 25, 2009
A well known mad woman on Isuti Road, Egan, in Ikotun Igando Local Council Development Area (LCDA) of Alimosho Local Government, Lagos state, known as Iya Joe, has been delivered of a baby boy. The father of the baby is said to be a puff puff seller, Kenneth Kolawole.

On Sunday, 22 March, when the female residents noticed that Iya Joe was in labour, they rushed to inform the immediate past Vice Chairman of the Community Development Association (CDA), Isuti Road, Egan, Alhaji Ayoola Mustapha, who later reported the case to the police. “At first, not knowing who impregnated the mad woman, our dilemma was where to keep mother and child after delivery. We planned to inform law enforcement agents. But when she delivered, we informed the monarch of Egan, who prayed and gave us a bottle of schnapps before we reported the case to the police.”

“Fortunately, when the police asked her if she could identify the man who impregnated her, Iya Joe replied in the affirmative. She spoke intelligently, narrating how she bit Kolawole, the puff-puff seller, the first time he came for sex. But he later became a regular guest. Police went after the puff-puff seller and arrested his elder brother, who lives in the same building with him, before Kolawole showed up. The scar of the bite was noticeable in his arm, as Iya Joe described it and he eventually accepted responsibility. Since Monday, this week, both mother and child have moved into Kolawole’s house at 8, Aworise Street, Isuti Road, Egan.

The following conversation ensued between Kolawole and P.M.NEWS:

Q: What’s your name, where do you come from?

A: My name is Kenneth Kolawole. My father was popularly known as ‘Oba-bi-Olorun ko si’ (No King as God). I come from Auchi in Edo State.

Q: What do you do for a living? Do you intend to marry Iya Joe after you impregnated her?

A: I must tell you the truth, for I know that if I lie it could lead to my death. I cannot marry Iya Joe. I know she is older than me. I am 26 years. She will be about 40.
When I take my ‘thing’ and drink, my body becomes strong before I meet her. While doing it, I never thought it will result in pregnancy and a child. I sell puff puff but because I don’t make much money from it, I sometimes work as a labourer whenever I can get any work.

Q: Now, what happens on Sunday? Do you have any plan to give the baby a name?

A: I cannot say what the naming ceremony on Sunday will be like. My pastor and church members are angry with me. They said I impregnated a mad woman. But the boy has already been named Sunday Kenneth at the Egan Health Centre, where he was attended to during the week. P.M.NEWS called his attention to the baby’s birth certificate which stated that his surname is Akinola. But Kolawole said it was a mistake by the writer as his surname is Kolawole.

Speaking with our reporter, Iya Joe, who has not shown any sign of mental illness since she gave birth to the baby, told the reporter that her name is Lola Abayomi. She said she is from Ilu Tuntun, in Ikale area of Ondo state, adding that her son, Joe and her other children are with their father in Ondo state. A reliable source in the area told P.M.NEWS that Iya Joe has other five children. She was running a private school in the area about five or six years ago, and that her former husband may have abandoned her because of the mental illness.

From Isuti Road, Egan to Igando and Lagos State University, Ojo, Iya Joe, before she delivered her baby, would wear her rags, carry loads of tins and other rubbish and walk several kilometres along the busy LASU-Isheri expressway. Though she has shown no signs of mental imbalance since last Sunday, neighbours have nonetheless kept surveillance on her and do not leave her alone with the baby.

http://thepmnews.com/2009/03/25/mad-woman-delivers-baby-boy-for-puff-puff-seller
Re: Mad Woman Delivers Baby Boy For Puff-puff Seller by TayoD1(m): 8:20pm On Mar 25, 2009
@topic,

Is this for real?! shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Mad Woman Delivers Baby Boy For Puff-puff Seller by DisGuy: 8:23pm On Mar 25, 2009
A: I cannot say what the naming ceremony on Sunday will be like

dem swear ceremony for us? wetin!
Re: Mad Woman Delivers Baby Boy For Puff-puff Seller by MrCrackles(m): 8:25pm On Mar 25, 2009
Topic

LMFAO
grin cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Mad Woman Delivers Baby Boy For Puff-puff Seller by TayoD1(m): 8:27pm On Mar 25, 2009
@Dis Guy,

dem swear ceremony for us? wetin!
Why shouldn't they celebrate?!  Like someone said: "Life in all its basest form, is still superior to death"!!!
Re: Mad Woman Delivers Baby Boy For Puff-puff Seller by osisi2(f): 8:30pm On Mar 25, 2009
can a local govt actually move a mad woman with a baby to live with the alleged father whether he likes it or not?
unbelievable.
but if it's his,let him handle it
it looks like the sex has cured the woman sef
now that she's been delivered of baby Sunday,they should try for Friday his younger brother
Re: Mad Woman Delivers Baby Boy For Puff-puff Seller by DisGuy: 8:31pm On Mar 25, 2009
Tayo-D:

@Dis Guy,
Why shouldn't they celebrate?!  Like someone said: "Life in all its basest form, is still superior to death"!!!

nice quote but,

I sell puff puff but because I don’t make much money from it, I sometimes work as a labourer whenever I can get any work.

They can use the money for the baby, let them organise bring you own drink party
Re: Mad Woman Delivers Baby Boy For Puff-puff Seller by TayoD1(m): 8:45pm On Mar 25, 2009
@osisi,

can a local govt actually move a mad woman with a baby to live with the alleged father whether he likes it or not? unbelievable.
True! but what is more unbelievable to me is that they arrested the father's brother in lieu of the real perpetrator.  Can you beat that?

but if it's his,let him handle it
I agree

it looks like the sex has cured the woman sef
No its not the sex.  It appears it's the childbirth!

now that she's been delivered of baby Sunday,they should try for Friday his younger brother
Abeg make dem no try that o.  If the first childbirth brought about a 180 degree change.  What if another 180 degree change occurs with the birth of Friday? No be madness again be dat?!  lipsrsealed

@DisGuy,
They can use the money for the baby, let them organise bring you own drink party
This can be done without compromising the former!
Re: Mad Woman Delivers Baby Boy For Puff-puff Seller by iReport: 9:13pm On Mar 25, 2009
men like this should be sent to jail  for  rape for a minimum of 20 years with no option of parole. Nigerian law is pathetic. embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Mad Woman Delivers Baby Boy For Puff-puff Seller by Nobody: 11:25pm On Mar 25, 2009
no big deal,we are al human.
Re: Mad Woman Delivers Baby Boy For Puff-puff Seller by Nobody: 3:34am On Mar 26, 2009
ezex:

no big deal,we are al human.
Human that should be governed embarassed
Re: Mad Woman Delivers Baby Boy For Puff-puff Seller by Nobody: 3:39am On Mar 26, 2009
@topic.

Wonders shall continue. tongue
Re: Mad Woman Delivers Baby Boy For Puff-puff Seller by Nobody: 10:26am On Mar 26, 2009
Naija remains my home all the time cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy MUSHIN OLOOSHA!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Mad Woman Delivers Baby Boy For Puff-puff Seller by ifyalways(f): 1:00pm On Mar 26, 2009
hehe. . . cheesy
Re: Mad Woman Delivers Baby Boy For Puff-puff Seller by Pataki: 1:13pm On Mar 26, 2009
Of all the women roaming the streets of Lagos looking for a man; it is a mad woman, a ''puff-puff'' seller would find to be banging.

Orisirisi. grin
Re: Mad Woman Delivers Baby Boy For Puff-puff Seller by dgreatrock(m): 1:31pm On Mar 26, 2009
this is another indictment on us showing our level of moral decandence
Re: Mad Woman Delivers Baby Boy For Puff-puff Seller by jamace(m): 1:50pm On Mar 26, 2009
The mad woman said she bit the puff-puff seller the first time abi? Why she no bite am for the second, third, fourth and so on, times? This proves that even mad people dey enjoy dat thing well, well. That first bite was a mistake because she did not know what she was missing. grin grin
Re: Mad Woman Delivers Baby Boy For Puff-puff Seller by Nobody: 8:51am On Mar 30, 2009
because she did not know what she was missining
cheesy grin
Re: Mad Woman Delivers Baby Boy For Puff-puff Seller by ElRazur: 9:43am On Mar 30, 2009
This story [if true] just highlights the many backward mentality and black and white thinking that is plaguing our people.

The mere fact she is mad will at least suggest that her story should be taken with little substance.

The bite mark could have happened as a result of other incident.

The guy could have admitted to it out of fair - after all, he did say that he was in fear of his life, if he lied. It is a common fact, that under intense pressure, people will admit to what they haven't even done.

The alleged father should have remained anonymous, until it is properly established that he is the father. This story shows how bad our so called media is. The puff puff seller is now stigmatized for life.

From what I can see, not a single DNA test was done. And ideally, the authority should have intervened and dealt with the matter privately.

We have a long way to go. sad

1 Like

Re: Mad Woman Delivers Baby Boy For Puff-puff Seller by spikedcylinder: 11:51am On Mar 30, 2009
Some people and their mentality.

If you cannot marry her because she's older than you ( undecided), why were you f,ucking a frigging lunatic without condoms?
Re: Mad Woman Delivers Baby Boy For Puff-puff Seller by lacrimose(f): 4:22pm On Mar 30, 2009
lol this is really funny, so they made the mad woman move in with him. lipsrsealed

(1) (Reply)

What A Man Can Do. . . / Nigerian Woman Dies After Buttock Enlargement / Who Is The Presenter Of The Debate.? She's Too

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.