Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,171 members, 7,815,102 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:18 AM

The Apprentice {UK} Thread! - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / The Apprentice {UK} Thread! (7545 Views)

The Apprentice 2010 / The Apprentice Africa / The Apprentice Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Apprentice {UK} Thread! by chamotex(m): 9:59pm On Mar 30, 2009
MrCrackles:

[font=Lucida Sans Unicode]Cant wait for Wednesday's delivery of the apprentice UK

Who knows what Sir Alan has up his jewish sleeves this time around?! grin

They are setting up a catering services . . . . . so that should be fun cheesy
Re: The Apprentice {UK} Thread! by MrCrackles(m): 10:01pm On Mar 30, 2009
chamotex:

Really shocked cheesy

Ah oh well cant wait
! grin
Re: The Apprentice {UK} Thread! by chamotex(m): 10:06pm On Mar 30, 2009
MrCrackles:

Really shocked cheesy

Ah oh well cant wait
! grin

I just saw the preview on TV just now . . . apparently their cooking was appauling. Hope they dont give customers food poison. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: The Apprentice {UK} Thread! by MrCrackles(m): 10:08pm On Mar 30, 2009
Salmonella all over the place! grin cheesy
Re: The Apprentice {UK} Thread! by candylips(m): 12:27pm On Mar 31, 2009
Yes last weeks episode was fun but not as good as Celebrity Apprentice (American version) when you have a Dennis Rodman running loose !

American versions of all these shows are just always much much better
Re: The Apprentice {UK} Thread! by mohawkchic(f): 7:26pm On Mar 31, 2009
chamotex:

~Cant wait to hear what Sir Alan has to say especially after seeing T-H-A-T chicken wrap on preview cheesy

~I wasnt aware there was Apprentice Africa,you guys just got me ROTFLMAO on your coomments grin Seems like it will make an interesting watch!
Re: The Apprentice {UK} Thread! by mohawkchic(f): 7:32pm On Mar 31, 2009
candylips:

Yes last weeks episode was fun but not as good as Celebrity Apprentice (American version) when you have a Dennis Rodman running loose !

~Very True! I've often wonder if its the Dry British Humour that kills it for us here . . . undecided but i suppose if you dont get it,then its not all that Fun watching our versions!
Re: The Apprentice {UK} Thread! by MrCrackles(m): 10:54pm On Mar 31, 2009
mohawkchic:

~Very True! I've often wonder if its the Dry British Humour that kills it for us here . . . undecided but i suppose if you dont get it,then its not all that Fun watching our versions!

Dry Brit humour is defo to be blamed! cheesy
Re: The Apprentice {UK} Thread! by MrCrackles(m): 10:55pm On Mar 31, 2009
candylips:

I have to trawl the net for the celebrity apprentice

I aint even heard of it till now
! grin
Re: The Apprentice {UK} Thread! by chamotex(m): 12:00am On Apr 02, 2009
Rocky got the chop . . . . . . . the little boy had no CLUE! cheesy waste of space to me
Re: The Apprentice {UK} Thread! by semid4lyfe(m): 12:34am On Apr 02, 2009
@chamotex
With reference 2 ur post about the bald headed fella wearing suit with bathroom slipper's n asking 4 13M in Apprentice Africa-its obvious u don't know what u're talking about cos u're mixing up apprentice africa n dragon den nigeria which r 2 entirely different programmes.
IM0,the appprentice africa was a very good show even by ur very high 'JD' standards.
Re: The Apprentice {UK} Thread! by mohawkchic(f): 1:35am On Apr 02, 2009
~Rocky didnt deserve to go tho!! So gutted for him,but he's a young lad,am sure he'll learn from the experience!!

~Now Mr-I-Wake-up-And-Taste-Success-On-My-Spit. . . Jeez,he should have got the chop!! Talk about putting his foot in his mouth indeed! Knew there was something off about him . . he gave me a good laff tho . .especially the "wee in Pants" bit,{that was aired on BBC2} "Sitting here looking at You" shocked ~ Banging the table while he spoke . . . cheesy

~Sir Alan might think he's not a Total Plonker but me think he so is! grin
Re: The Apprentice {UK} Thread! by chamotex(m): 1:41am On Apr 02, 2009
semid4lyfe:

@chamotex
With reference 2 ur post about the bald headed fella wearing suit with bathroom slipper's n asking 4 13M in Apprentice Africa-its obvious u don't know what u're talking about cos u're mixing up apprentice africa n dragon den nigeria which r 2 entirely different programmes.
IM0,the appprentice africa was a very good show even by ur very high 'JD' standards.

Ma bad . . . . . . thanks for the correction mate. I got it mixed up, I was actually talking about Dragon's Den.
P.S - I didn't say he was 'bald headed' tho cheesy grin

mohawkchic:

~Rocky didnt deserve to go tho!! So gutted for him,but he's a young lad,am sure he'll learn from the experience!!

~Now Mr-I-Wake-up-And-Taste-Success-On-My-Spit. . . Jeez,he should have got the chop!! Talk about putting his foot in his mouth indeed! Knew there was something off about him . . he gave me a good laff tho . .especially the "wee in Pants" bit,{that was aired on BBC2} "Sitting here looking at You" shocked ~ Banging the table while he spoke . . . cheesy

Being a young aspiring business man myself, I wanted him to do well but I thought he had to go.
His cost was too high  . . . . . . . . about £800. And to think that he had an advantage with his background of owning sandwich outlets, I expected better.
Re: The Apprentice {UK} Thread! by mohawkchic(f): 1:59am On Apr 02, 2009
chamotex:

Being a young aspiring business man myself, I wanted him to do well but I thought he had to go.
His cost was too high  . . . . . . . . about £800. And to think that he had an advantage with his background of owning sandwich outlets, I expected better.

~Yeah,I know what you mean! I doubt anyone will be too quick to nominate themselves in areas they think they excel in after his backfired!!

~He wasnt totally responsible for the failure tho . .Other than Philip who wouldnt stop moaning,much as i like him Argh . . they all ran w/ his suggestions & didnt kick much of a fuss. . .seemed to me the other lads were more convinced they'll bag the win so there wasnt need to make more of an effort!!It was really easy to pass the book on Rocky . . he didnt have a chance of getting away w/ it!

~Would you have chosen any different for the boardroom? I Would!

~Do you watch the Interviews of the Fired Apprentice on BBC2?
Re: The Apprentice {UK} Thread! by candylips(m): 11:05am On Apr 02, 2009
Rocky shot himself in the foot . He should have brought Philip to the boardroom who would probably have been fired
Re: The Apprentice {UK} Thread! by MrCrackles(m): 1:05pm On Apr 02, 2009
mohawkchic:

I dont think Rocky deserved the chop! cheesy grin

I am starting to think Sir Alan got it wrong
! undecided
Re: The Apprentice {UK} Thread! by MrCrackles(m): 1:06pm On Apr 02, 2009
candylips:

Rocky shot himself in the foot . He should have brought Philip to the boardroom who would probably have been fired

Partially agree with you there!

What a shame
sad
Re: The Apprentice {UK} Thread! by MrCrackles(m): 1:51pm On Apr 02, 2009
chamotex:

Ma bad . . . . . . thanks for the correction mate. I got it mixed up, I was actually talking about Dragon's Den.
P.S - I didn't say he was 'bald headed' tho cheesy grin

Get it right next time or you will be "offtopick-ing"! grin
Re: The Apprentice {UK} Thread! by chamotex(m): 10:38pm On Apr 02, 2009
MrCrackles:

Get it right next time or you will be "offtopick-ing"! grin

Gerrout cheesy grin wetin be the difference?? cheesy

P.S - I got u the link for the Celebrity Apprentice US
Re: The Apprentice {UK} Thread! by MrCrackles(m): 12:21am On Apr 03, 2009
chamotex:

Gerrout cheesy grin wetin be the difference?? cheesy

P.S - I got u the link for the Celebrity Apprentice US

PM it to me son!

Thanks
Re: The Apprentice {UK} Thread! by DisGuy: 4:07am On Apr 04, 2009
You can always watch it back on iplayer

whats with that dude and his bia bia?

the batty boy will win this one just for the record books
Re: The Apprentice {UK} Thread! by DisGuy: 4:12am On Apr 04, 2009
@post

But why are Alan Sugar and Richard Branson often chosen as the poster boys for British Entrepreneurship

Probably because they didnt follow the conventional route, no MBA,MSC and all that,a bit rough around the edges and humble background( esp S'Alan)

I  hate the American version it so plastikky

damn I miss Lindi mngaza's booty on the apprentice grin
Re: The Apprentice {UK} Thread! by MrCrackles(m): 10:04pm On Apr 08, 2009
Ok where are my people!

I am coming of with the analysis of today's episode
! grin cheesy
Re: The Apprentice {UK} Thread! by MrCrackles(m): 10:07pm On Apr 08, 2009
YOU ARE FIRED!

I dont think Maj deserved to be fired

He inputted a bit of creativity to the product design but prolly didnt get involved more, maybe should have demanded more involvement!

James, i dont know how he got himself back up to the Penthouse, certainly didnt deserve it!
[/font]
Re: The Apprentice {UK} Thread! by MrCrackles(m): 10:11pm On Apr 08, 2009
PRODUCTS

Me thought the BODYROCKA was rubbish and the MULTITURN was better!

The only problem i had with the MULTITURN was the complexity cheesy
Re: The Apprentice {UK} Thread! by MrCrackles(m): 10:13pm On Apr 08, 2009
PRODUCT PITCHING

Lorraine's (Team Ignite) pitching was terrible and painful to watch!

Kate's (Team Empire) pitching was class and smooth!
Re: The Apprentice {UK} Thread! by MrCrackles(m): 10:15pm On Apr 08, 2009
Team EMPIRE screwed themselves over

The complexity of thier product, lack of enthusiasm plus lack of appeal and the fact that they missed the target audience was enough to lose to IGNITE!
Re: The Apprentice {UK} Thread! by Pataki: 11:41pm On Apr 08, 2009
Sir Alan was rather biased this evening. And for once, I think his instincts were totally flawed. James should have been the one out. Even though, at last week, I felt Maj should have been out as he made no contribution and had been rather too quiet in most planning and implementation of project tasks assigned to them.

Anyways, it is all part of the intrigues and dynamics of business survival. Sure there are good lessons to be learnt and acquired from the show.
Re: The Apprentice {UK} Thread! by MrCrackles(m): 9:14am On Apr 09, 2009
Pataki:

Sir Alan was rather biased this evening. And for once, I think his instincts were totally flawed. James should have been the one out. Even though, at last week, I felt Maj should have been out as he made no contribution and had been rather too quiet in most planning and implementation of project tasks assigned to them.

Anyways, it is all part of the intrigues and dynamics of business survival. Sure there are good lessons to be learnt and acquired from the show.

Yeah i thought so too!

Maj didnt deserve the chop and Ruth was instrumental in making Sir Alan's mind up!

Good lessons, working as a team dont look good if some of the team members go on mute throughout a task or a project
! grin
Re: The Apprentice {UK} Thread! by mohawkchic(f): 8:52pm On Apr 09, 2009
~I'll reserve comment till i watch it . .

Am suppose to be on Easter-Break,Avoiding the Web/Telly,what am i doing on here?

Re: The Apprentice {UK} Thread! by MrCrackles(m): 8:56pm On Apr 09, 2009
MHC

Funny!

Now log off and keep sipping the Mojitos!! grin kiss
Re: The Apprentice {UK} Thread! by SUKKIE(m): 2:04am On Apr 10, 2009
I reckon Sir Alan was spot on!Maji was rather lackadaisical,cool dude but u just ve to give the task ur best shot.That's exactly what Debra does on the show,thou bitchy.I see her getting kicked out. Philip or Yasmin to win;the rest are just mediocres.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

I'm Loving Akwastar.com / What's Your Best Movie? / Where Can I Download MKV Quality 1080p For Free

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.