Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,742 members, 7,955,828 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 04:18 PM

Would You Vote For An Openly Gay, Atheist Or Idol Worshipping Politician? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Would You Vote For An Openly Gay, Atheist Or Idol Worshipping Politician? (2046 Views)

Murray-Bruce: "The Response I Got For Suggesting That Dasuki Be Tried Openly" / Fayose Openly Declines Omojuwa’s Invitation / Picture Of A Politician Dressed, And Campaign In Chelsea Kits. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would You Vote For An Openly Gay, Atheist Or Idol Worshipping Politician? by Fhemmmy: 2:36pm On Mar 26, 2009
I am sorry, i wont.
Re: Would You Vote For An Openly Gay, Atheist Or Idol Worshipping Politician? by Ibime(m): 2:40pm On Mar 26, 2009
I would vote for a gay guy and an atheist, but never an idol worshipper. Na them chop money pass to use for ritual.
Re: Would You Vote For An Openly Gay, Atheist Or Idol Worshipping Politician? by JeSoul(f): 2:49pm On Mar 26, 2009
Re: Would You Vote For An Openly Gay, Atheist Or Idol Worshipping Politician?

It depends. Who are the other candidates?
cos I'll take a gay, atheist or idol head whose[b] record[/b] has shown a genuine care and concern for his/her people over a 'christian' whose record show zero accomplishments while they loot and pad their pockets.
Re: Would You Vote For An Openly Gay, Atheist Or Idol Worshipping Politician? by IFELEKE(m): 3:15pm On Mar 26, 2009
I will vote for anyone that is sure of taking us out of this doldrum past leaders have put us.Gay,Straight,Idol Worshipper in short ANYONE!
Afterall,Past Leaders have hidden behind religion and used religious sentiments to rob,pilage and plunder us blind.
Babangida with is trade mark ''Insha Allahu'' did grave danger to our economy and of recent, The One and Only Ebora of Owu(Aremu of Ota) with his PGD in Religious Studies.
It's High Time we Brushed Sentiments Aside.
Re: Would You Vote For An Openly Gay, Atheist Or Idol Worshipping Politician? by bawomolo(m): 3:58pm On Mar 26, 2009
That would be in another world.
Even though most of this charlatans politicians are more evil in deeds than they appear, i would disown any that openly
exhibit this tendencies as adumbrated

so basically the don't ask don't tell policy like the US army?  knowing lots of Nigerians dabble in traditional african religions, chances are high you have voted for a follower of ifaism etc.  Are african religion detrimental to society?  Would an atheist or gay president force their views on their constituency? communists tend to suppress religion but most atheists aren't communist but liberal.

Hurricanes will become worse and we'll definitely see worse economies than this. Just wait.

chai you are scaring me  grin. didn't we have prosperous african societies before the arrival of western religions?

JeSoul:

It depends. Who are the other candidates?
cos I'll take a gay, atheist or idol head whose[b] record[/b] has shown a genuine care and concern for his/her people over a 'christian' whose record show zero accomplishments while they loot and pad their pockets.

solid post but i believe contemporary Nigerian society has a negative opinion about those three groups of people.  Imagine the smear campaign that would go on in such an election.  Gay man contests for senator in Kano. death sentence  grin

Ibime:

I would vote for a gay guy and an atheist, but never an idol worshipper. Na them chop money pass to use for ritual.

Okija_JujuTM doesn't approve

I am sorry, i wont.

no need to be sorry, i don't think u offend anyone. but why though?
Re: Would You Vote For An Openly Gay, Atheist Or Idol Worshipping Politician? by JustGood(m): 4:38pm On Mar 26, 2009
So you are asking if I'd vote for either the first son of the devil or the first daughter of the devil or the last son of the devil or the last daughter of the devil. WHAT EXACTLY IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THEM ALL?

I'd rather vote for an idol worshipping politician than vote for a sodomite.
Re: Would You Vote For An Openly Gay, Atheist Or Idol Worshipping Politician? by Fhemmmy: 5:04pm On Mar 26, 2009
I wont for any of those cos Nigeria is under too much spiritual wahala.
Re: Would You Vote For An Openly Gay, Atheist Or Idol Worshipping Politician? by Kobojunkie: 9:04pm On Mar 26, 2009
roflmao!!!
Re: Would You Vote For An Openly Gay, Atheist Or Idol Worshipping Politician? by Nobody: 9:19pm On Mar 26, 2009
It is my experience that our beliefs turn out not to be as personal as we would like to believe they really are. Sure on the outside a person might claim to believe in A, but majorly, their actions tell a better story of what the individual actually believes and that drives the individuals decision making process as well.
Only a while back, I had a colleague (who happened to be an atheist) who claimed to respect my right to believe in God. Initially, the relationship was purely professional but as soon as this colleague learnt that I was a Christian, respect went out the window. He poked fun at my belief every second he could; questioned my intelligence and ability to do my job since I, according to him, believed in a made-up puppet in the sky. This put a serious strain on our work relationship; I finally had to request I be moved to another team as a result. This was not my first encounter with this sort of people, but in majority of the cases, people’s beliefs affect their decision making and actions to a higher extent than many are willing to accept. I remember one particular dude I had to completely ignore after he turned to attacking me for what the bible says about homosexuality, and another just had a hard time accepting that I did not share his opinion of how to approach solving a problem at work. These are mostly people who deep down believe that the world has to mostly revolve around their chosen ideologies and when that is not the case, they switch to attack mode and will go as far as they have to, to bring the other team aboard.

I hear you oh, Kobo. I get what you're trying to say.

Anyone who still questions Kobojunkie's sex needs to read this. wink tongue
Re: Would You Vote For An Openly Gay, Atheist Or Idol Worshipping Politician? by mustafar1: 9:25pm On Mar 26, 2009
Ebony-Silk:

I hear you oh, Kobo. I get what you're trying to say.

Anyone who still questions Kobojunkie's sex needs to read this. wink tongue

so na open secret u still dey chase since?
Re: Would You Vote For An Openly Gay, Atheist Or Idol Worshipping Politician? by Nobody: 9:35pm On Mar 26, 2009
must_a_far:

so na open secret u still dey chase since?
tee hee hee, am late?
Okay, what's the open secret?
Re: Would You Vote For An Openly Gay, Atheist Or Idol Worshipping Politician? by Kobojunkie: 9:43pm On Mar 26, 2009
Ebony-Silk:

tee hee hee, am late?
Okay, what's the open secret?

It was never a secret; more that people made a big deal out of what was not really that big of a deal in the first place. I just don't like feeding "trolls with issues" much.
Re: Would You Vote For An Openly Gay, Atheist Or Idol Worshipping Politician? by Nobody: 9:46pm On Mar 26, 2009
Kobojunkie:

It was never a secret; more that people made a big deal out of what was not really that big of a deal in the first place. I just don't like feeding "trolls with issues" much.
Oh ok, sorry eh wink
Is there anyway my assumption can be confirmed.
Just curiosity
Re: Would You Vote For An Openly Gay, Atheist Or Idol Worshipping Politician? by oderemo(m): 9:47pm On Mar 26, 2009
never for battyman.
Re: Would You Vote For An Openly Gay, Atheist Or Idol Worshipping Politician? by strangleyo: 10:23pm On Mar 26, 2009
If someone asked in 2007 whether I would vote of goal-less, hapless, visionless Yar'Adua, or an idol worshipping homesexual with a vision to turn nigeria into an industrialized nation, i'd pick the homo.
Re: Would You Vote For An Openly Gay, Atheist Or Idol Worshipping Politician? by bawomolo(m): 12:34am On Mar 27, 2009
strangleyo:

If someone asked in 2007 whether I would vote of goal-less, hapless, visionless Yar'Adua, or an idol worshipping homesexual with a vision to turn nigeria into an industrialized nation, i'd pick the homo.

lmao true talk, it seems Nigerians would rather be stuck with baby go slow.  the responses on the thread shouldn't be a surprise.

Fhemmmy:

I wont for any of those cos Nigeria is under too much spiritual wahala.

he he, emi esu dey disturb naija  grin
Re: Would You Vote For An Openly Gay, Atheist Or Idol Worshipping Politician? by mazaje(m): 12:39am On Mar 27, 2009
Some of the ignorance on display here is truly mind buggling . . . . .
Re: Would You Vote For An Openly Gay, Atheist Or Idol Worshipping Politician? by Kobojunkie: 12:49am On Mar 27, 2009
Oh please!! Like we all don't do it in one way or another!!!
Re: Would You Vote For An Openly Gay, Atheist Or Idol Worshipping Politician? by Becomrrich: 1:19am On Mar 27, 2009
open gay in nigeria politics. No gay person can win election in nigeria from my knowledge of nigeria.

I know Idol worshiper can win. many nigerian worship idol. Even if you look at it very well mostly among southerner, 60% or more still believe in idol worship.

I am born again and I cant force my religion on anyone. But in nigeria gay and politics do not meet. If you are a gay person bawolomo, do not go into politics, they would not vote for you. that how bad it is in nigeria.

Bawolomo women are good too. have you try having a wife. what happen? please tell me.
Re: Would You Vote For An Openly Gay, Atheist Or Idol Worshipping Politician? by Kobojunkie: 1:25am On Mar 27, 2009
roflmao!!!! Come all ye who are gay(you too bamowolo), we will find for thee a wife to cure you of your iniquities!!! roflmao!!!
Re: Would You Vote For An Openly Gay, Atheist Or Idol Worshipping Politician? by Nobody: 1:31am On Mar 27, 2009
I see that Kobo ignored my question. Oh well.

Becomrrich:

open gay in nigeria politics. No gay person can win election in nigeria from my knowledge of nigeria.

I know Idol worshiper can win. many nigerian worship idol. Even if you look at it very well mostly among southerner, 60% or more still believe in idol worship.

I am born again and I cant force my religion on anyone. But in nigeria gay and politics do not meet. If you are a gay person bawolomo, do not go into politics, they would not vote for you. that how bad it is in nigeria.

Bawolomo women are good too. have you try having a wife. what happen? please tell me.

First, the boy is too young to be thinking abt a wife.

Why do you think Idol worshipers would win, politically?
Re: Would You Vote For An Openly Gay, Atheist Or Idol Worshipping Politician? by Kobojunkie: 1:32am On Mar 27, 2009
OOps!! see, I told you I don't really dwell on such things.  Here is the deal, you are free to assume I am either. For all you know, I could be a gay dude who lives in his mother's basement Or even a butch with seriously hairy body living in a trailer park, only with access to highspeed internet, out in west virginia mountains somewhere . . .  any picture is fine by me!  grin
Re: Would You Vote For An Openly Gay, Atheist Or Idol Worshipping Politician? by Nobody: 1:34am On Mar 27, 2009
What makes you think bawomolo is gay?
The fact that he's always on a homosexual thread or the fact that he fights for gay rights?
Abeg o, he's straight (I think so) grin grin

Kobo, it really doesn't matter o.
Curiosity dead!

Kobojunkie:

OOps!! see, I told you I don't really dwell on such things. Here is the deal, you are free to assume I am either. For all you know, I could be a gay dude who lives in his mother's basement Or even a butch with seriously hairy body living in a trailer park, only with access to highspeed internet, out in west virginia mountains somewhere . . . any picture is fine by me! grin
ehrrrmmm. . . .too graphic. eww
Re: Would You Vote For An Openly Gay, Atheist Or Idol Worshipping Politician? by bawomolo(m): 1:59am On Mar 27, 2009
abi o, see as dem one slander my name.  I'm no booty pirate

toyin - how are you.
Re: Would You Vote For An Openly Gay, Atheist Or Idol Worshipping Politician? by Nobody: 2:12am On Mar 27, 2009
bawomolo:

abi o, see as dem one slander my name. I'm no booty pirate

toyin - how are you.
LOL, no mind Kobo.

I'm fine, thanks wink
Re: Would You Vote For An Openly Gay, Atheist Or Idol Worshipping Politician? by bawomolo(m): 2:13am On Mar 27, 2009
Ebony-Silk:

LOL, no mind Kobo.

I'm fine, thanks wink

good to know, now get out of my thread madam railway. cool

or do you want to call me daddy as usual tongue
Re: Would You Vote For An Openly Gay, Atheist Or Idol Worshipping Politician? by Nobody: 2:18am On Mar 27, 2009
bawomolo:

good to know, now get out of my thread madam railway. cool

or do you want to call me daddy as usual tongue
And here I was fighting for you.

Infact, you're gay angry No, call Mommy tongue wink
Re: Would You Vote For An Openly Gay, Atheist Or Idol Worshipping Politician? by Kobojunkie: 2:29am On Mar 27, 2009
Ebony-Silk:

LOL, no mind Kobo.

I'm fine, thanks wink

Hey!!! I only added his name since @becomerich was calling on him to come submit for healing!!! WHo knows, @becomerich could have a third eye of some sort. roflmao!!!
Re: Would You Vote For An Openly Gay, Atheist Or Idol Worshipping Politician? by Nobody: 2:35am On Mar 27, 2009
rotfl
Re: Would You Vote For An Openly Gay, Atheist Or Idol Worshipping Politician? by comfort3: 5:01pm On Mar 27, 2009
:-x
Re: Would You Vote For An Openly Gay, Atheist Or Idol Worshipping Politician? by rocgirl: 9:00pm On Sep 01, 2014
Anyone , who's got all it takes to pull Nigeria out of the gutters that it's in, would get my vote... anytime !

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Corruption Undermines Democracy In Nigeria, Electoral Reform And Halliburton As / N3 Billion Nddc Offshore Account Scandal: Forged Documents Used By Md Revealed … / Can Buhari Pronounce A Single English Word Correctly?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.