Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,412 members, 7,819,473 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:57 PM

Would You Vote For An Openly Gay, Atheist Or Idol Worshipping Politician? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Would You Vote For An Openly Gay, Atheist Or Idol Worshipping Politician? (1975 Views)

Murray-Bruce: "The Response I Got For Suggesting That Dasuki Be Tried Openly" / Fayose Openly Declines Omojuwa’s Invitation / Picture Of A Politician Dressed, And Campaign In Chelsea Kits. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would You Vote For An Openly Gay, Atheist Or Idol Worshipping Politician? by bawomolo(m): 12:15am On Mar 26, 2009
Would you vote for a politician who happened to be one of the three or a combination sad

Would you want a Sango worshiper as your president cool
Re: Would You Vote For An Openly Gay, Atheist Or Idol Worshipping Politician? by C2H5OH(f): 12:16am On Mar 26, 2009
No. I am very biased in that regard.
Re: Would You Vote For An Openly Gay, Atheist Or Idol Worshipping Politician? by Kobojunkie: 12:19am On Mar 26, 2009
Definitely the Sango Worshipper!! All the others are most definitely possessed by demons!!
Re: Would You Vote For An Openly Gay, Atheist Or Idol Worshipping Politician? by Moonstone(f): 12:22am On Mar 26, 2009
I would rather vote for an openly gay politician. Especially since i have heard that there are "bible-believing" homosexuals. They may have skipped the sexuality part of the bible, but they still believe in the other parts.
Re: Would You Vote For An Openly Gay, Atheist Or Idol Worshipping Politician? by bawomolo(m): 12:24am On Mar 26, 2009
Kobojunkie:

Definitely the Sango Worshipper!! All the others are most definitely possessed by demons!!

kobo haba?  Ifa or Amadiorha worshipers arent cool  

C2H5OH:

No.  I am very biased in that regard.

Why are you biased in that regard considering this is a politicians with a solid track record.

Let's say he was an ideal politician because the little umm quirk, won't you tolerate him/her?

Moonstone:

I would rather vote for an openly gay politician. Especially since i have heard that there are "bible-believing" homosexuals. They may have skipped the sexuality part of the bible, but they still believe in the other parts.

So you only vote for bible-believing politicians? What if the politician was one of those polygamous African church politicians? and get ur lazy ass off a-40's bed  angry
Re: Would You Vote For An Openly Gay, Atheist Or Idol Worshipping Politician? by Kobojunkie: 12:27am On Mar 26, 2009
polygamous people are hell-fire bound; if you make them rule over you, they will take you along with them!
Re: Would You Vote For An Openly Gay, Atheist Or Idol Worshipping Politician? by Moonstone(f): 12:30am On Mar 26, 2009
bawomolo:

So you only vote for bible-believing politicians? What if the politician was one those polygamous African church politician? and get ur lazy ass off a-40's bed angry
Bawo, screw you! angry
I prefer to vote for people that have a belief that i can tolerate e.g. Allah or God. Those other two options are not my cup of tea because I don't agree at alllllllllll with their beliefs.
Re: Would You Vote For An Openly Gay, Atheist Or Idol Worshipping Politician? by bawomolo(m): 12:33am On Mar 26, 2009
Moonstone:

Bawo, screw you! angry
I prefer to vote for people that have a belief that i can tolerate e.g. Allah or God. Those other two options are not my cup of tea because I don't agree at alllllllllll with their beliefs.

Can't it be argued their beliefs are personals and have nothing to do with how good a leader they can be. Why can't you tolerate an Ifa worshipper though.

Kobojunkie:

polygamous people are hell-fire bound; if you make them rule over you, they will take you along with them!

be expecting a visit from Uncle sege and Gov yaguda  grin
Re: Would You Vote For An Openly Gay, Atheist Or Idol Worshipping Politician? by Nobody: 12:34am On Mar 26, 2009
Bawomolo, wassup with you and homosexuality? undecided

@post
None of them.
Re: Would You Vote For An Openly Gay, Atheist Or Idol Worshipping Politician? by tope2000(f): 12:36am On Mar 26, 2009
Moonstone:

i concur cool
Re: Would You Vote For An Openly Gay, Atheist Or Idol Worshipping Politician? by Kobojunkie: 12:37am On Mar 26, 2009
Why would a belief be personal? What good is a belief if you can not stand up for it?
Re: Would You Vote For An Openly Gay, Atheist Or Idol Worshipping Politician? by Moonstone(f): 12:38am On Mar 26, 2009
bawomolo:

Can't it be argued their beliefs are personals and have nothing to do with how good a leader they can be. Why can't you tolerate an Ifa worshipper though.
You have to agree that in as much as most politicians try to separate their religion from the state, it somehow always re-surfaces. I cannot tolerate Ifa worshipper because I know the amount of plagues that will come upon our country will be too many to count. Besides, It's a matter of ME voting shey? It's in my opinion so I guess different strokes for different people.
Kobojunkie:

Why would a belief be personal?
It's my vote! I can do with it as I want. It's my personal right, isn't it?
Re: Would You Vote For An Openly Gay, Atheist Or Idol Worshipping Politician? by Nobody: 12:38am On Mar 26, 2009
Kobojunkie:

Why won't it?
Is it not what you chose? your decision?
Re: Would You Vote For An Openly Gay, Atheist Or Idol Worshipping Politician? by bawomolo(m): 12:39am On Mar 26, 2009
Ebony-Silk:

Bawomolo, wassup with you and homosexuality?  undecided

What are you trying to imply here? Why no to all three? What makes you think an Ifa priest can't be a good leader.  His etutu could end the recession you know.

Kobojunkie:

meaning his belief (sexual orientation blah blah blah) wont directly affect his job as a leader.

I cannot tolerate Ifa worshipper because I know the amount of plagues that will come upon our country will be too many to count

you wicked o, are you saying an Ifa worshiping or atheist president would bring problems on the nation  embarassed

you ye ye people should stop concurring. state why you concurr
Re: Would You Vote For An Openly Gay, Atheist Or Idol Worshipping Politician? by Kobojunkie: 12:39am On Mar 26, 2009
Moonstone:

You have to agree that in as much as most politicians try to separate their religion from the state, it somehow always re-surfaces. [size=13pt]I cannot tolerate Ifa worshipper because I know the amount of plagues that will come upon our country will be too many to count[/size].  Besides, It's a matter of ME voting shey? It's in my opinion so I guess different strokes for different people. It's my vote! I can do with it as I want. It's my personal right, isn't it?

Kai!!! Roflmao!!
Re: Would You Vote For An Openly Gay, Atheist Or Idol Worshipping Politician? by Kobojunkie: 12:41am On Mar 26, 2009
bawomolo:

meaning his belief (sexual orientation blah blah blah) would directly affect his job as a leader.

Ok! so are you saying now that belief MATTERS? Basically, what I am trying to say is there is no such thing as a PERSONAL belief per say, as our belief is seen in our actions, and in decisions we make daily.
Re: Would You Vote For An Openly Gay, Atheist Or Idol Worshipping Politician? by bawomolo(m): 12:42am On Mar 26, 2009
Kobojunkie:

Ok! so are you saying now that belief MATTERS?

that was a typo, i meant won't directly affect his leadership.
Re: Would You Vote For An Openly Gay, Atheist Or Idol Worshipping Politician? by Kobojunkie: 12:44am On Mar 26, 2009
bawomolo:

that was a typo, i meant won't directly affect his leadership.

Oh please!!! lol
Re: Would You Vote For An Openly Gay, Atheist Or Idol Worshipping Politician? by Moonstone(f): 12:44am On Mar 26, 2009
bawomolo:

you wicked o, are you saying an Ifa worshiping or atheist president would bring problems on the nation embarassed

you ye ye people should stop concurring. state why you concurr
Bawo, I pray for your next president to be an Ifa worshipper. If Obama can do it, Ifa worshippers can do it. And let us watch and see what will happen. Hurricanes will become worse and we'll definitely see worse economies than this. Just wait. What happened when Ahab ruled? What happened? EHN!

Kobojunkie:

Kai!!! Roflmao!!
I can't help it. . . I'm strangely Christian.
Re: Would You Vote For An Openly Gay, Atheist Or Idol Worshipping Politician? by Nobody: 12:45am On Mar 26, 2009
bawomolo:

What are you trying to imply here? Why no to all three? What makes you think an Ifa priest can't be a good leader. His etutu could end the recession you know.
That's just it. What [i]I [/i]think.
What does an ifa know about politics? If much, why should I vote for a man who my bible brand as evil.
Eventually, I'd have to trust him to stabilize the economy. That, I cannot do.
Why should we vote for a politician who believes calling on his gods would terminate the problems the country is facing.

Personally, I have nothing against gay politicians. As someone mentioned (unfortunately) they too can be atheist.

Don't mind my implications. undecided
Re: Would You Vote For An Openly Gay, Atheist Or Idol Worshipping Politician? by udezue(m): 2:40am On Mar 26, 2009
I will vote for a politician, gay, hetero, shango, amadioha, or polygamist based on his level of intelligence and smart policies that can fix the country.
Re: Would You Vote For An Openly Gay, Atheist Or Idol Worshipping Politician? by grafikdon: 3:01am On Mar 26, 2009
I will vote for anyone that has an impressive track record and has something inside his skull that is not cockroach puke, irrespective of his beliefs, but the problem I have with Nigerian politicians is their lack of respect for the thick  boundary between personal opinion, religion and state.

I am almost sure the Ifa priest will not attempt to railroad us into "Ifaizm" grin Most (if not all) Adherents of Afro Religion that I know are very tolerant. Can't say the same for the homosexual and the atheist, considering that most atheists I know have zero tolerance for RELIGION and most homosexuals won't get off your tail until you tell them homosexuality=Awesome!  grin
Re: Would You Vote For An Openly Gay, Atheist Or Idol Worshipping Politician? by Kobojunkie: 3:57am On Mar 26, 2009
grafikdon:

I am almost sure the Ifa priest will not attempt to railroad us into "Ifaizm" grin Most (if not all) Adherents of Afro Religion that I know are very tolerant. Can't say the same for the homosexual and the atheist, considering that most atheists I know have zero tolerance for RELIGION and most homosexuals won't get off your tail until you tell them homosexuality=Awesome!  grin

I see I am not alone in my experience with those!!! They label you intolerant when they themselves find it hard to tolerate you not sharing their view!!!! I sometimes wonder if they are  Nigerians in disguise sent to torment me out here in my comfortable world!!! roflmao!~!!
Re: Would You Vote For An Openly Gay, Atheist Or Idol Worshipping Politician? by mustafar1: 4:13am On Mar 26, 2009
una dey discriminate o. kai.
Re: Would You Vote For An Openly Gay, Atheist Or Idol Worshipping Politician? by Nobody: 10:16am On Mar 26, 2009
Moonstone:

You have to agree that in as much as most politicians try to separate their religion from the state, it somehow always re-surfaces. I cannot tolerate Ifa worshipper because I know the amount of plagues that will come upon our country will be too many to count. Besides, It's a matter of ME voting shey? It's in my opinion so I guess different strokes for different people. It's my vote! I can do with it as I want. It's my personal right, isn't it?

Wow! What plague will come on Nigerians if an Ifa worshiping man or woman rules? But you'll allow someone worshiping an imported "God" to rule? The many Alien aspect of our system is the reason we are still not getting anywhere. Do you even know one Ifa practitioner? Cause if you do, you'll know it's not a religion, it's a teaching. You can learn it and still be a Christian or Muslim or whatever you like. Many of Barren women go to Osun to beg for babies but after delivering, they scream jesus has done it oo. Jehovah has helped me ooo simply because they are ashamed to openly admit that they went to Osun worshipers for help. People think it's barbaric but we don't find exorcism barbaric, driving nails into kid's head to drive out witches not barbaric, What won't we do for this "god" that never existed? We even use our poetry to praise this unseen, unproven being. It's even in your bible that this "god" is a jealous "god". So clearly he doesn't deserve to be worshiped by any being. If you believe your "god" split the red sea, why can't you believe that Sango breaths out fire? Even your jesus was documented to be dealing with high forms of magic. Turning of water in to wine is what? but if an African man did that, it becomes diabolic even to Africans but if a pastor did that, it's the power of Jesus. We are backwards in many ways!!!

Keep sleeping; I'll wake you when you are dead.
Re: Would You Vote For An Openly Gay, Atheist Or Idol Worshipping Politician? by Lohutep(m): 10:42am On Mar 26, 2009
This isn't a matter to be sentimental or biased about. Yes of course I'd vote for him/her, if he/she's someone I believe in. Someone who is good enough to lead the nation. Capabalility in government's got nothing to do with type of faith or sexual preferences. Leadership is much about vision and (being able to carry the world along, with You)!
Re: Would You Vote For An Openly Gay, Atheist Or Idol Worshipping Politician? by meexteriox(m): 10:53am On Mar 26, 2009
That would be in another world.
Even though most of this charlatans politicians are more evil in deeds than they appear, i would disown any that openly
exhibit this tendencies as adumbrated.
Re: Would You Vote For An Openly Gay, Atheist Or Idol Worshipping Politician? by Nobody: 12:02pm On Mar 26, 2009
udezue:

I will vote for a politician, gay, hetero, shango, amadioha, or polygamist based on his level of intelligence and smart policies that can fix the country.

My choice too.
Re: Would You Vote For An Openly Gay, Atheist Or Idol Worshipping Politician? by jamace(m): 1:20pm On Mar 26, 2009
What a question? Of what benefits are the so-call bible/koran believing politicians who have been looting the country dry? Anybody, I repeat anybody that can govern well is welcome. Let nobody decieve you, many religious politicians, particularly christians and muslims have failed us woefully. At times, I feel like asking whether it is God/Allah that these politicians worship.
Re: Would You Vote For An Openly Gay, Atheist Or Idol Worshipping Politician? by Kobojunkie: 1:27pm On Mar 26, 2009
Ebony-Silk:

Why won't it?
Is it not what you chose? your decision?
It is my experience that our beliefs turn out not to be as personal as we would like to believe they really are. Sure on the outside a person might claim to believe in A, but majorly, their actions tell a better story of what the individual actually believes and that drives the individuals decision making process as well.
Only a while back, I had a colleague (who happened to be an atheist) who claimed to respect my right to believe in God. Initially, the relationship was purely professional but as soon as this colleague learnt that I was a Christian, respect went out the window. He poked fun at my belief every second he could; questioned my intelligence and ability to do my job since I, according to him, believed in a made-up puppet in the sky. This put a serious strain on our work relationship; I finally had to request I be moved to another team as a result. This was not my first encounter with this sort of people, but in majority of the cases, people’s beliefs affect their decision making and actions to a higher extent than many are willing to accept. I remember one particular dude I had to completely ignore after he turned to attacking me for what the bible says about homosexuality, and another just had a hard time accepting that I did not share his opinion of how to approach solving a problem at work. These are mostly people who deep down believe that the world has to mostly revolve around their chosen ideologies and when that is not the case, they switch to attack mode and will go as far as they have to, to bring the other team aboard.
Re: Would You Vote For An Openly Gay, Atheist Or Idol Worshipping Politician? by Igwe9(m): 1:30pm On Mar 26, 2009
If proved beyond doubt . . . .  NO, otherwise YES if the track records are good, I didn't mean any point agenda. cool cool
Re: Would You Vote For An Openly Gay, Atheist Or Idol Worshipping Politician? by egin(m): 1:53pm On Mar 26, 2009
Yes, if they are not corrupt and really want to serve the people unlike the the corrupt bunch that we have now. The pretend to be born again christians and steal and give 10% of the money stolen as tithe which is eventually used to buy private jets and leave the people poor and miserable and the list goes on and on ------------------------------------

(1) (2) (Reply)

Beaf: I Speak English Better Than You,listen To Becomerich About 10 Years Ago, / In The Spotlight - General Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida (rtd). / N50bn WEST AFRICAN TRADE CENTRE IN OGBUNIKE TO CREATE 25,000 JOBS,SAYS GOV OBI

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.