Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,839 members, 7,813,815 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:56 PM

Buhari Cuts Cars In Motorcade - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Cuts Cars In Motorcade (37396 Views)

Ohakim Blasts Rochas Okorocha As Pensioners Block Governor's Motorcade (photos) / Fayose's Motorcade Was Blocked In Ondo By Angry Youths – See What He Did / SHOCKING! Buhari Cuts Down Trees In Abuja To Protect The Naira (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Cuts Cars In Motorcade by ijustdey: 7:33am On Dec 28, 2015
President Muhammadu Buhari has cut down the number of vehicles in the presidential motorcade, sources told Daily Trust.

The sources said this is part of the measures aimed at reducing the cost of governance.

However, Daily Trust findings have shown that Senate President Bukola Saraki and House of Representatives Speaker Yakubu Dogara’s motorcades have remained unchanged.

The president moves in a motorcade of about 12 vehicles as counted by our reporters recently. The senate president and the speaker’s convoys comprise of an average of 10 vehicles each.
Former President Goodluck Jonathan maintained not less that 23 cars in his motorcade.

The highest number of vehicles in Buhari’s ministers’ convoys is four while the lowest number is two as observed by our reporters.
On the eve of inaugurating his ministers last month, Buhari warned his ministers-designate to avoid large convoys, long protocol and retinue of aides.

The president gave this directive at the end of the two-day retreat he organised for the new ministers at the Presidentail Villa in Abuja.

Speaking on behalf of the ministers, Minister of Labour Dr Chris Ngige said the new government “will be running a lean economy because we are going to block areas of leakages. Retinue of aides, protocol staff and large convoys of cars are things that will not fly in this administration.”

Checks by our reporters revealed that there are 12 cars in Buhari’s convoy. Our correspondents observed this at the Aso Rock Presidential Villa in Abuja on December 7 shortly after the president arrived from a function.

The president’s convoy at that time just arrived from the Shehu Musa Yar’adua International Conference Centre where he attended the public presentation of the book “From Opposition to Governing Party: Nigeria’s APC Merger Story” written by Minister of Science and Technology Ogbonnaya Onu.

The convoy included eight Mercedes cars, two BMW cars, one black Range Rover Sports Utility Vehicle, and one pick-up vehicle of the Federal Road Safety Commission (FRSC).

There is the likelihood that the president may have other cars of security details.
Not long after he took office President Buhari turned down a request by senior government officials to buy new cars worth N400 million.

He said at the time that the ones he inherited from former President Goodluck Jonathan were good enough for him to use.
The convoy of the Senate President Saraki has a total of eight cars, our reporters observed. They are Mercedes Benz S500, one staff car, and the other one serves as spare.

Also on the convoy of the senate president are two security vehicles, two jeeps, and two other cars that ferry his aides.
The convoy has two power bikes. It was observed that the convoy of Saraki is longer when going for functions outside the National Assembly.

Speaker Dogara moves around with over eight different cars in his convoy, Daily Trust observed.

Of the eight cars, there are two S600 V12 Mercedes Benz, which serve as the staff cars. Also in Dogara’s convoy are two Land Cruiser SUVs, two police Hilux vans, one Camry LE and a Peugeot 406. There are also two dispatch riders that usually move in front of the speaker’s convoy.

It was observed that the two Hilux vans are usually occupied by officers of the Nigeria Police attached to the speaker, while the two Land Cruiser SUVs are occupied by other security details attached to the speaker.

The Camry and the Peugeot 406 are occupied by other aides to the speaker, who follow him in most of the places he goes.
Also, our correspondents observed that Dogara’s deputy Yussuf Suleimon Lasun’s convoy comprises of an S600 Mercedes Benz staff car, two Hilux vans, two SUVs and a Camry sedan with two dispatch riders.

Even former governors who are now in Buhari’s cabinet who are used to elaborate convoys and protocol, are now using very lean convoys.

Minister of Power, Works and Housing Babatunde Raji Fashola has about five vehicles in his convoy. The former Lagos state governor is heading three ministries now collapsed into one.

Our reporter observed that the minister’s car port at the works ministry has three Land Cruiser SUVs and one Prado SUV with some of them bearing private number plates. It has three black and white pilot Hilux vans.

The Prado most times is used by the security detail attached to the minister.
The other car port which seems to be for the Minister of State, Mr. Mustapha Shehuri was observed to have two Prado SUVs as well, and one Land Cruiser SUV during the early office hours yesterday.

Being three ministries earlier, Daily Trust observed that each minister then had a minimum of one Toyota Land Cruiser Sports Utility Vehicle (SUV) and another Toyota Prado SUV.

The Attorney General of the Federation (AGE) and minister of justice Abubakar Malami SAN, has three vehicles in his convoy. They are a Hilux van and two Land cruiser SUVs.

Education minister Malam Adamu Adamu has three vehicles which include a Toyota Hilux van, a Land cruiser SUV and a white sedan.

The minister of communication Adebayo Shittu’s has three vehicles in his convoy.
Daily Trust reporters observed that when the minister attended his first official assignment, the eNigeria Conference on November 17, he came with three vehicles: a Prado jeep, a Hilux van and another ministry staff bus.

The new FCT minister Malam Muhammad Musa Bello moves with only three vehicles in his convoy. They are a pilot van, Land Cruiser SUV and a back up van.

The new Minister of State for Industry, Trade and Investment, Aisha Abubakar, moves in a convoy of two vehicles.
Daily Trust observed recently that the minister in charge of the Budget and National Planning ministry Udoma Udo Udoma, moves in a convoy of three vehicles.

Dr Ibe Kachikwu, the Minister of State for Petroleum Resources is driven in a black-tinted Range Rover Sport 2014. Two black-coloured Toyota Prado SUVs and a Toyota Hilux van were part of his convoy when he was spotted in one public function.

The Minister of Information and Culture was on November 20, seen using six vehicles, four of which were Toyota Land cruiser SUVs and two Hilux vans.

www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/buhari-cuts-cars-in-motorcade/126344.html

lalasticlala

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Cuts Cars In Motorcade by Nobody: 7:39am On Dec 28, 2015
[size=14pt]Why EFCC "Selective" witchhunt On PDP Members Best for Nigeria right now.
[/size]

I have read and heard from many people and PDP sympathizers that the current Buhari anti corruption drive is selective and Bias.

I totally agree it is selective. but I don't agree that it is bias. And there is nothing wrong in it being selective as long as the reason is the best for the country for now. Because I strongly believe it is the best thing and the best way to fight corruption in Nigeria for now. My reasons are as follows:

1. The anti corruption fight is currently concentrated on corruption at the federal level. Buhari anti corruption war is currently not active on state level and former governors. Since federal government was fully controlled by PDP in the last 16years, most corruption at federal level is PDP affair.

2. Buhari greatest interest is to recover fund. The best thing to do in this regard is to concentrate on areas where he can recover the highest amount of stolen fund. And that is federal government and are mostly PDP members.

3. It is almost impossible to prosecute all corrupt cases in Nigeria. So the need to give priority to those with the highest amount and easiest to prosecute. Thus corrupt cases with highest return are within the PDP

4. currently the NSA is the main focus of the anti corruption war at the moment. The reason being because of the amount of money involve and because Buhari govt believe they can recover some billions from the former NSA. Since the former NSA used most of the money for election affair, it is natural that majority of people involve are PDP members

5. maybe in the next two years when the anti corruption war go to state level, some APC members will be prosecuted.

6. We should also recognized that the govt has limited resources and personnel to fight the anti corruption war. so the need to select those that will give the highest impact per resources utilized.

7. It will be very naïve, unwise and stupid for Buhari to focus on corrupt practice of APC members right now. His govt is too young for that. he cannot fight everybody at once even if he wishes to . His govt will crumble if he try that right now. He need to run the govt with Nigerians not aliens. Almost every Nigerian that have held political office has skeleton in their cupboard. thus many APC members have corrupt past. But however this is not the best time for him to open APC members files. Doing that right now will be stupidity and naïve and will be bad for the country. Ability to select the best fight to fight at a time is wisdom and leadership.

8. It may appear unfair to PDP members. but to the Nigeria masses I believe it is fair. PDP were not fair to the masses when they were stealing our treasury dry. I strongly believe all the persons who stole are common wealth should be brought to book. Whether they are APC or PDP. However, since we cant do all in one day, we must start from somewhere and from those that will give the highest return and impact.

9.The fact that the anti corruption war is currently ignoring APC members does not mean the war is not sincere. It is only a pragmatic approach to a complex problem. When you have a lot of complex problem to solve, you ranked it and choose where to start from. That is currently what is going on.

10. The truth is that all the people who are shouting witch-hunting, "selective", "vendetta" want the anti corruption war to fail. If I have access to Buhari, I will tell him to completely ignore them. Those people want him to fight on all front so that he will lose and then come back to mock him.

11. I know some people will come and say it is hippocracy to currently ignore people like Tinubu etc in the anti-corruption war. But I choose to disagree with them. it is not hippocracy but pragmatism. Even if Buhari have an intention to open Tinubu files, this is not the best time to do it. That can wait for much later. A leader must focus on National interest. it will not be in the interest of Nigeria for tinubu files to be opened at this time should he have corrupt cases. Timing is a major component of decision making and leadership. if you do the right thing at wrong time, it is as good as a wrong thing. GEJ had the opportunity to jail Tinubu since PDP supporters keep making reference to him as corrupt man, yet GEJ could not. Tinubu was tried for corruption by code of conduct Bureau under GEJ govt. Tinubu won the case. Now you PDP supporters now think it is Buhari who Tinubu used his so called "corrupt money according to PDP supporters" to sponsor should now be the one to jail him!!! That is the worst form of hippocracy I have ever heard of.

12.I also know some people will argue about Atiku, Obasanjo etc and say why are they not being tried also. Just as I explain earlier, it is much easier to trace fund, files and documents of corrupt practice done in the last 4years than those done in the last 8 or 16years. So it is only practical to concentrate on the last 4 years at the moment. To me, this is wisdom.

13 We need to understand the post is not saying that APC members and older leaders (atiku, OBJ etc) corrupt practice should be ignored. The post is only talking about now. Which is at this current time (t), it is very wise to focus on immediate past PDP govt because it will benefit Nigeria as country more than doing otherwise right now. In the future, the anti corruption drive can spread to others. But now is not the time .

14. The fact that it may not be wise to look at past corrupt act of top APC members right now does not mean Buhari should tolerate massive corruption from his cabinet or ministers. Buhari must ensure any looting under his govt is not tolerated. Should any member of his cabinent be found wanting of corruption under his current govt, the person should be punished with no mercy.

15. I agree this is not the ideal case since everybody are equal before the law in ideal situation. but it is still better than GEJ mindset, who believe that since he cannot jail all corrupt people, everybody should go free. In his mind he was being fair. The truth is that, that was one of the greatest Injustice Jonathan did to Nigerian masses. That empowered every political leader to steal without any fear of consequence.
GEJ mindset was corruption did not start with me and so it is not me that will fight it.

16. As we hope for the best, we should appreciate what is better than the past. The more we the masses support Buhari anti corruption war, the bolder he will be in fighting it. The bolder he become the less selective he will become and the more APC members will be prosecuted.

29 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Buhari Cuts Cars In Motorcade by biafranqueen: 7:40am On Dec 28, 2015
Rubbish but doubles the food bill!
What does he even need motorcade they spend 80% of of their time abroad. Wonder when they will have time to eat 1.7 billion in food? Hummm must be counting his cows too undecided

57 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari Cuts Cars In Motorcade by yudee233: 7:40am On Dec 28, 2015
Must everything be news in Nigeria. We know where the actual cost lies. It is akin to sacking ten Nigerians and employing three expatriate in the name of cost savings. In the actual fact one expatriate is equal to 15 Nigerians in terms of cost

49 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari Cuts Cars In Motorcade by francizy(m): 7:55am On Dec 28, 2015
Buhairy, continue deceiving your gullible goats ok? grin cheesy

You have not yet sold the presidential jets or converted them to Nigerian Airways like you promised, na motorcade you dey reduce... grin cheesy

This man sure knows how to toil with people's minds but unfortunately for him, he can only toil with the minds of zombified fellows! grin grin

85 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari Cuts Cars In Motorcade by BALLOSKI: 7:56am On Dec 28, 2015
We are getting there!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Cuts Cars In Motorcade by francizy(m): 8:00am On Dec 28, 2015
yudee233:
Must everything be news in Nigeria. We know where the actual cost lies. It is akin to sacking ten Nigerians and employing three expatriate in the name of cost savings. In the actual fact one expatriate is equal to 15 Nigerians in terms of cost

Don't mind the fools!

People have not yet received salaries after their useless publicity (about payment of Dec salaries) stunts and here they are, pulling another!

35 Likes

Re: Buhari Cuts Cars In Motorcade by Bevista: 8:05am On Dec 28, 2015
yudee233:
But if the story was about PMB increasing his convoy, you would have loved it to be news since it would provide you another cheap wailing opportunity.

120 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Buhari Cuts Cars In Motorcade by Nobody: 8:05am On Dec 28, 2015
cool

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Cuts Cars In Motorcade by princemillla(m): 8:09am On Dec 28, 2015
We are talking about investigative, constructive research, these ones are giving us ow many cars. Pls come to my papa house and count how many cats hin get plus my own. Rubbish

6 Likes

Re: Buhari Cuts Cars In Motorcade by Nobody: 8:10am On Dec 28, 2015
This dullllard should cut down on his Presidential fleet and sit at home. How many times is he around to cut down on his motorcade

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Cuts Cars In Motorcade by Nobody: 8:11am On Dec 28, 2015
front page
Re: Buhari Cuts Cars In Motorcade by SweetyZinta(f): 8:11am On Dec 28, 2015
#Sai Baba

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Cuts Cars In Motorcade by grafikii: 8:22am On Dec 28, 2015
Lai mohamned well done, only you with six car convoy. I dont see why ministers should be in more than 2 cars convoy.

As for saraki and dogara, God punish una

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Cuts Cars In Motorcade by disloman(m): 8:28am On Dec 28, 2015
biafranqueen:
What does he even need motorcade they spend 80% of of their time abroad. Wonder when they will have time to eat 1.7 billion in food? Hummm must be counting his cows too undecided
Not everybody that makes use of this.it is sad.

32 Likes

Re: Buhari Cuts Cars In Motorcade by biafranqueen: 8:45am On Dec 28, 2015
disloman:
Not everybody that makes use of this.it is sad.
Yes and its so easy to access unfortunately some dont exercise it by thinking and learning and it gets dull.

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Cuts Cars In Motorcade by lawydewy(m): 8:50am On Dec 28, 2015
NICE!
Re: Buhari Cuts Cars In Motorcade by Atmmachine(m): 9:04am On Dec 28, 2015
He cuts down the number of cars in his motorcade.
The cost of the said vehicles is estimated to be around $70,000.
He still tours all the country in the world, Per tour is around $60, 000 and he visits more than 3 countries in a month. $60,000 x 3 is around $2 million.

I love this president.
This is the type of president every nation wants.
I hope he rules Nigeria for 40 years.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Cuts Cars In Motorcade by Trailblazer1(m): 9:04am On Dec 28, 2015
In the midst of all the turmoils in Nigeria, APC just gave their Zombies reason to celebrate

12 Likes

Re: Buhari Cuts Cars In Motorcade by Trailblazer1(m): 9:05am On Dec 28, 2015
grin Aisha already used the money for the cut cars to feed APC social media change agents.

Buhari saves, Aisha spends grin grin grin

Nothing to celebrate

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Cuts Cars In Motorcade by Nobody: 9:05am On Dec 28, 2015
If that old man is serious, he should cut down his feeding allowance that is greater than the allocation to the Agricultural sector...bad government.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Cuts Cars In Motorcade by iteleaye(m): 9:05am On Dec 28, 2015
Good, Naija must better by force... Whether we like it or not... Bubu is working

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Cuts Cars In Motorcade by PassingShot(m): 9:06am On Dec 28, 2015
Cool. Now remaining presidential planes.

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Cuts Cars In Motorcade by fulanimafia: 9:06am On Dec 28, 2015
Leadership by example. I wish this could also be enforced in the legislature.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Cuts Cars In Motorcade by lilbazy(m): 9:06am On Dec 28, 2015
Wow,Another milestone achievement for PMB. You all should be observing our president,the man is damn confused.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Cuts Cars In Motorcade by Sijo01(f): 9:06am On Dec 28, 2015
Good for him
Re: Buhari Cuts Cars In Motorcade by Sunnycliff(m): 9:06am On Dec 28, 2015
Did he cut his international travels and globe trotting for that I'd where he should start because the cost of his foreign trips with the presidential jet is more than a score of land motorcade. He can't fool us!!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Cuts Cars In Motorcade by siraj1402(m): 9:07am On Dec 28, 2015
biafranqueen:
Biafra, take it cool. Leave the Zoo alone at least it's not your country.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Cuts Cars In Motorcade by dre11(m): 9:07am On Dec 28, 2015
President Muhammadu Buhari has cut down the number of vehicles in the presidential motorcade, sources told Daily Trust.

The sources said this is part of the measures aimed at reducing the cost of governance.

However, Daily Trust findings have shown that Senate President Bukola Saraki and House of Representatives Speaker Yakubu Dogara’s motorcades have remained unchanged.

The president moves in a motorcade of about 12 vehicles as counted by our reporters recently. The senate president and the speaker’s convoys comprise of an average of 10 vehicles each.

Former President Goodluck Jonathan maintained not less that 23 cars in his motorcade.

I hope the blind can see @emboldened

if the president maintained the same number of convoy his predecessor had..... some people will complain

if he had increased it...... they will skin him alive with their abusive words...

now that he has reduced it..... see some of them wailing all over..

anyway..... the president isn't here to please anyone but working to reverse all the wrong that the last government have done and give a template for development and industrial revolution for this country.
Nigeria will surely move forward

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Cuts Cars In Motorcade by ERONX(m): 9:08am On Dec 28, 2015
Picture or Idonbelievit

1 Like

Re: Buhari Cuts Cars In Motorcade by Zimide(m): 9:08am On Dec 28, 2015

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ned Nwoko Emerges PDP Candidate For Delta North Senatorial District / DPO Jumps Fence To Escape From Robbers (Picture) / 2019: New Power Bloc Takes Shape In Southwest - Daily Sun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.