Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,197 members, 7,839,072 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:24 PM

21-yr-old Man Commits Suicide ‘to Go Home And Rest’ - Crime (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 21-yr-old Man Commits Suicide ‘to Go Home And Rest’ (38373 Views)

Man Commits Suicide After He Was Scammed Of 6 Months Visa By An Agent / Man Commits Suicide By Hanging In Ilorin For Losing Bets / Man Commits Suicide In Lagos After His Girlfriend Left Him. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 21-yr-old Man Commits Suicide ‘to Go Home And Rest’ by Nobody: 11:04am On Aug 19, 2015
EnlightenedSoul:

Great post. I also think we Africans could be more empathetic to suicide victims.
Strange you'd refer to them as "victims" .
Re: 21-yr-old Man Commits Suicide ‘to Go Home And Rest’ by bummyla(m): 11:16am On Aug 19, 2015
Na Wa! what a chicken way to go! http://www.bummyla.com
Re: 21-yr-old Man Commits Suicide ‘to Go Home And Rest’ by Nobody: 6:05pm On Aug 19, 2015
neoapocalypse:

Strange you'd refer to them as "victims" .

Times they are. Times they aren't. There are people who truly want to die, and in my opinion they should be let, but some of them just need a little help and encouragement. Others need medical attention. You've heard of people who didn't commit suicide after all simply from seeing the smile of a stranger? Those are the victims.

And oftentimes, people who commit suicide really are victims of something else. That they would rather die than have to live through it, or deal with it.
Re: 21-yr-old Man Commits Suicide ‘to Go Home And Rest’ by Nobody: 6:48pm On Aug 19, 2015
EnlightenedSoul:

Times they are. Times they aren't. There are people who truly want to die, and in my opinion they should be let, but some of them just need a little help and encouragement. Others need medical attention. You've heard of people who didn't commit suicide after all simply from seeing the smile of a stranger? Those are the victims.

And oftentimes, people who commit suicide really are victims of something else. That they would rather die than have to live through it, or deal with it.

I understand quite well ( I understood even before you wrote this post ) but it just seemed strange. True some people thought it would be a means of escape but I see it as a defeatist attitude , you don't give up on life for whatever reason , you only create more pains and suffering to those you leave behind.
Re: 21-yr-old Man Commits Suicide ‘to Go Home And Rest’ by Nobody: 8:10am On Aug 21, 2015
KingTom:

So I should be more emphatic to suicide victims because of society? You have not given me a reason to be emphatic you have not, I doubt if you have ever been severely frustrated. The one who is ignorant here is you my dear, nothing is worth committing suicide absolutely nothing! When I was swimming in debt and being hounded by every one having been owed salaries running into 5 months do you think I contemplated suicide? Would you be emphatic and understanding if I killed myself while people were still being owed by me? In Osun state where the people are being owed by their barbarian of a Governor so you would understand if they start killing themselves? In 2007 when I was wrongly accused of being involved in cultist activities and suspended with all panel members advising to GO AND PICK JAMB FORM because I'm finished, after 6 years of studying gynaecology do you think I should have found a rope a stool and a ceiling fan, I should have chewed cyanide abi? Would you have been empathic if they told you a CULTIST KILLED HIMSELF? Before you give me the whole Africa castigation bullshit I will say one thing, when I spent some time in Edmonton, Canada people jumped off skyscrapers ending their lives for stories which I'm sure you'll be shocked if you hear, the Canadians would hiss call and ambulance and get on with LIFE. yes LIFE that's the key thing, I don't think I'm better than them because I can't commit suicide, I think I'm better than them because I know amidst all the trauma and everything, life is the most precious gift.

Yea you didn't commit suicide, Are you going to swear that during those hard times, you never thought about wishing you weren't born?King Tom, people have different ways of getting out of my difficult situations. Most people that commits suicide has deep mental cases.Your way out of your problem may be different from my own way out of same problem, it a
Il boils down to the difference In weaknesses.No matter how you put so much value on the living, remember we are all walking corpses! Time we tell.
Re: 21-yr-old Man Commits Suicide ‘to Go Home And Rest’ by KingTom(m): 11:21am On Aug 21, 2015
EggovinMma:

Yea you didn't commit suicide, Are you going to swear that during those hard times, you never thought about wishing you weren't born?King Tom, people have different ways of getting out of my difficult situations. Most people that commits suicide has deep mental cases.Your way out of your problem may be different from my own way out of same problem, it a
Il boils down to the difference In weaknesses.No matter how you put so much value on the living, remember we are all walking corpses! Time we tell.
Time will indeed tell which is why I wait for my TIME rather than drink otapiapia because all is not well.. cool

1 Like

Re: 21-yr-old Man Commits Suicide ‘to Go Home And Rest’ by KingTom(m): 11:23am On Aug 21, 2015
neoapocalypse:

I understand quite well ( I understood even before you wrote this post ) but it just seemed strange. True some people thought it would be a means of escape but I see it as a defeatist attitude , you don't give up on life for whatever reason , you only create more pains and suffering to those you leave behind.
Well said my friend. cool
Re: 21-yr-old Man Commits Suicide ‘to Go Home And Rest’ by Gabrendo(m): 5:59pm On Aug 21, 2015
Only if the young man was able to liberate himself from the notion of living up to someone's expectation. RIP. Life is not easy anyway. No one survives life.
Re: 21-yr-old Man Commits Suicide ‘to Go Home And Rest’ by Gabrendo(m): 6:02pm On Aug 21, 2015
For all those who think suicide is an act of cowardice. You should know it takes courage to take your own life.
Re: 21-yr-old Man Commits Suicide ‘to Go Home And Rest’ by shotster50(m): 5:29pm On Aug 22, 2015
You Nigerians are disgraceful... just look at the evil wicked comments!
Re: 21-yr-old Man Commits Suicide ‘to Go Home And Rest’ by shotster50(m): 5:31pm On Aug 22, 2015
Depression is a very big problem in Nigeria but like most things is swept under the carpet.. The Sufferer is seen as weak or cursed and the resulting stigma does not help the sufferer in anyway to get help...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Son Macheted Father To Death For Not Letting Him Go Back To Boko Haram Enclave / A Pregnant Nigerian Girl In Ghana Held Hostage By Her Abusive Boyfriend / Osun Court Sentences Man To Death By Hanging For Robbing N3,420

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.