Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,517 members, 7,819,865 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:05 AM

''What Should I Do? My Child Steals From Everyone'' - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / ''What Should I Do? My Child Steals From Everyone'' (28189 Views)

At What Age Should I Open Bank Account For My Child? / Woman Steals Bride’s Money At Wedding / A Bitter True Story Of My Child's Delivery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ''What Should I Do? My Child Steals From Everyone'' by Emmbanny(m): 10:10pm On Aug 19, 2015
only GOD through our LORD JESUS CHRIST can deliver him, you have to really pray. he is delivered in JESUS mighty name, amen.
Re: ''What Should I Do? My Child Steals From Everyone'' by troy20(m): 10:11pm On Aug 19, 2015
if for nothing, well i always thought shina Rambo to be a pretty cool name.
Re: ''What Should I Do? My Child Steals From Everyone'' by Nobody: 10:12pm On Aug 19, 2015
everyday make sure u preach d word of God to him.let him know dat God really exists nd he detests stealing.make sure u reward him evrytym u notice an improvement in his behaviour.also make sure u speak to ur pastor abt him.

1 Like

Re: ''What Should I Do? My Child Steals From Everyone'' by ibolomo(m): 10:14pm On Aug 19, 2015
This one is strong.... Bring the holy CANE
Re: ''What Should I Do? My Child Steals From Everyone'' by laserjet: 10:18pm On Aug 19, 2015
Damianbrown:
Jus pray for him, i waz like that before, notin dem no do make i stop, but i tank God sha i dn change

U sure?
Re: ''What Should I Do? My Child Steals From Everyone'' by ibolomo(m): 10:21pm On Aug 19, 2015
on a serious note though, cry in his presence over his delinquent attitude. Make him know how much it hurts you when he does such. Trust me, nothing keeps a child in check more than the thought that if he steals, he will cause his mother emotional pain. Your other option is to tell him he was adopted. (just kidding ooo. Don't try this at home)
Re: ''What Should I Do? My Child Steals From Everyone'' by Maximus85(m): 10:22pm On Aug 19, 2015
Aminat508:
How do you react when you have a young child that steals? You've talked to him/her several times, told him/her everything that has to be said about the consequences of pilfering. You do ALL you can to provide his needs and wants. But he keeps 'doing it'. How do you help or stop such a child? A reader sent this in yesterday:

Hello,

My son steals from me, my husband, my mother, his grandparents, his friends, everybody!! Please, let's discuss this here because I'm sure I'm not the only mother having this problem. If it's not money, it's things as small as tiny toys and games from neighbors. Sincerely, it's gotten so bad I don't know what to do with him anymore. My husband and I now have locks on our bedroom door to keep him out.

Problem started when he was 11 and got into boarding school. He is 13 now. I've threatened him that next time he steals, I would have the police involved. Of course I don't want to or plan to do that but I don't know what else to do.

Source :http://www..com/talk/topic,250835.0.html

One of the dangers of boarding schools. Stop hiding things from him. Instead keep what he would normally steal with him.
Re: ''What Should I Do? My Child Steals From Everyone'' by Nobody: 10:23pm On Aug 19, 2015
Steal from him, all the neighbours shud steal every damn thing from him.
Even when he is bathing in the public toilet, steal his towel and dissappear , steal his soap for soapers(those that soapy)

Steal his food when its ttime for breakfast or dinner. Steal his GirlFriend and dash to the needy/less priviledged.

1 Like

Re: ''What Should I Do? My Child Steals From Everyone'' by ibolomo(m): 10:24pm On Aug 19, 2015
vivypretty:

my dear u cant raise a child alone
Re: ''What Should I Do? My Child Steals From Everyone'' by katki: 10:24pm On Aug 19, 2015
@Aminat508.
Give me the answers to these two questions.
1.He steals and spend the money or sell stolen items or
2.He brings the stolen money or items home for keep.Once i get candid answers from you.i will suggest for you the way forward
Re: ''What Should I Do? My Child Steals From Everyone'' by ibolomo(m): 10:24pm On Aug 19, 2015
vivypretty:

my dear u cant raise a child alone
#tales of a desperate chick.
Re: ''What Should I Do? My Child Steals From Everyone'' by kinibigdeal(m): 10:27pm On Aug 19, 2015
In Tuface voice "Spiritual healing"
Re: ''What Should I Do? My Child Steals From Everyone'' by Nobody: 10:28pm On Aug 19, 2015
Aminat508:
How do you react when you have a young child that steals? You've talked to him/her several times, told him/her everything that has to be said about the consequences of pilfering. You do ALL you can to provide his needs and wants. But he keeps 'doing it'. How do you help or stop such a child? A reader sent this in yesterday:

Hello,

My son steals from me, my husband, my mother, his grandparents, his friends, everybody!! Please, let's discuss this here because I'm sure I'm not the only mother having this problem. If it's not money, it's things as small as tiny toys and games from neighbors. Sincerely, it's gotten so bad I don't know what to do with him anymore. My husband and I now have locks on our bedroom door to keep him out.

Problem started when he was 11 and got into boarding school. He is 13 now. I've threatened him that next time he steals, I would have the police involved. Of course I don't want to or plan to do that but I don't know what else to do.

He must have learn that from his mum or dad, one of you is either a thief or a liar. Work on yourselfs you will see your son change. It works like magic.
Re: ''What Should I Do? My Child Steals From Everyone'' by odejayi200(m): 10:29pm On Aug 19, 2015
if u belief in native solutions,hit me up on 08055051674.its well
Re: ''What Should I Do? My Child Steals From Everyone'' by manchesterboy: 10:32pm On Aug 19, 2015
Bring the child to Liberation City, Ojodu Berger, Lagos State on Sunday or Wednesday morning. He/she will be delivered. That's all you need to do.

Shalom
Re: ''What Should I Do? My Child Steals From Everyone'' by Nobody: 10:35pm On Aug 19, 2015
dat kid needs behaviour resetting spanking, if dem give am abara for middle of back wey hin hand no fit reach to scratch, he'll stop stealing.
Re: ''What Should I Do? My Child Steals From Everyone'' by Nobody: 10:36pm On Aug 19, 2015
Abugab:
My reccimendations:
1. Deliverance
2. Deliverance
3. Deliverance

This has gone past your power as it could be a spiritual issue.

lie lie lie. This is a work for the parent. You are required to train up your child . Prayer is good but you have a role to play and you shouldn't give up at all. Try everything from serious beating to Prayers. Deny him some privileges until he turns up a new leave. Good luck

1 Like

Re: ''What Should I Do? My Child Steals From Everyone'' by Nobody: 10:39pm On Aug 19, 2015
shadowgwalker:
Steal from him, all the neighbours shud steal every damn thing from him.
Even when he is bathing in the public toilet, steal his towel and dissappear , steal his soap for soapers(those that soapy)

Steal his food when its ttime for breakfast or dinner. Steal his GirlFriend and dash to the needy/less priviledged.

Lol. what a funny person you are

1 Like

Re: ''What Should I Do? My Child Steals From Everyone'' by Curvinus(m): 10:40pm On Aug 19, 2015
A lizard has never been known to give birth to a snake, so the parents need to check themselves for signs of where this is coming from.

And as for the thiefing little boy that is their child, well they just have to live with it because it is who he is- a thief.

I could recall that way back in the 80s, families would usually investigate the other for signs of the thiefing DNA before marriages were conducted. Sadly, this is no longer the case nowadays and that is why we are having to discuss this issue.

I have a cousin who does all of the depicable things you can ever imagine in this life and all of the prayers, counselling and deliverance sessions have been of no tangible help. Dude is literally getting worse and its cos of folks like this that we have correctional facilities like the kirikiri and kuje prisons. They are a major threat to the society and need to be locked away for the good of all.

However, if the parents are certain the stealing habit isn't from either of them which I very much doubt, then the child needs to be told in the clearest of terms the fate that awaits him if he were to persist in his ignoble ways
Re: ''What Should I Do? My Child Steals From Everyone'' by LEXYCOM: 10:42pm On Aug 19, 2015
Set him up......
Re: ''What Should I Do? My Child Steals From Everyone'' by Awesomeking: 10:43pm On Aug 19, 2015
Your child is a cleptomaniac,its a slight mental problem caused by trauma or memories,whatever happened to him in boarding school is the reason for his stealing habit-the only solution is taking him to a therapist-combine with prayers..
Re: ''What Should I Do? My Child Steals From Everyone'' by Damianbrown(m): 10:43pm On Aug 19, 2015
Yes nau. What do u mean
laserjet:

U sure?
Re: ''What Should I Do? My Child Steals From Everyone'' by laserjet: 10:49pm On Aug 19, 2015
Damianbrown:
Yes nau. What do u mean

I mean ure not lying but definitely ure not saying the truth grin
Re: ''What Should I Do? My Child Steals From Everyone'' by vivypretty(f): 10:50pm On Aug 19, 2015
ibolomo:
#tales of a desperate chick.
speech of a frustrated interloper
Re: ''What Should I Do? My Child Steals From Everyone'' by gabicon: 10:56pm On Aug 19, 2015
Aminat508:

Hello,

someone close to your child at his tender age was stealing, thats where he picked it up from. i would advice you change his school to begin with and then draw your boy close to you with affection and prayer. affection to know why he steals and prayer to change things, don't rule out peer pressure he might just want certain things his friends have it's your responsibility to teach him about contentment.

1 Like

Re: ''What Should I Do? My Child Steals From Everyone'' by bismick(f): 10:59pm On Aug 19, 2015
It is well belove.please this is a seriouse issue that needs urgent spiritual attention.have him go through a seriouse deliverance programme and never pray for him without season.then maybe you should have him enrolled in day school for now,for proper supervision.he needs you now.always counsel him instead of threatening too.may the good lord intervene for him.

1 Like

Re: ''What Should I Do? My Child Steals From Everyone'' by Rockyfancino(m): 10:59pm On Aug 19, 2015
Aminat508, Why boarding sch? children should be under the watch of parents. Obviously, from what u typed so far, I would want to believe that the parents of the boy is rich and may not be living Nigeria or as a matter of fact, might be in the rich streets in this country.

1st, As a parent you should know the kind of friends your child moves with.
2nd, The type of games and movies he's interested in.
3rd, Since the parents don't believe in beating, I would advice that if they are in a country like OURS, They should try beating the boy. Some children will never listen to correction until you beat them.
4th, From spiritual view, the boy might be possessed with stealing. And no matter how he tries, he always gets tempted. It might be a girl or a boy, his buddies who possessed him with stealing, since he's a boarding student.
It can also be from anywhere.

SOLUTIONS: I would recommend talking to the boy to know why he steals even the most irrelevant object. From the conversation, his parents should know if he normaly gets tempted and even if he tries not to steal, he ends up finding himself stealing the object. Or they could just ask him straight after a few minutes in the middle of the conversation. They should let him know the owner of whatever he steals would feel hurt.

If the above works, he would minimize his stealing rate. And if it does minimises it, and he all of a sudden started going back at it, make him return whatever he steals, same goes for if he doesn't minimises it. They should always search his room for stolen things, and also ban him from movies and video games, also ban him from spending too much time at friends house. It'll bring about more seriousness in his life.

They should get closer to be boy, be friendly, take him out, take him to friends place, hair dressing saloon etc.

And its time to change his school, his friends, and be closer to God, make him have responsibilities in his church. This is for if his parents are the christian type, and if they're not - I'll advice them to, and if they do not - that's their problem.

And if they like, they might trying seeing a pastor for a deliverance session.

I wish my parents where rich. well, I'm gonna make them. Yeah, before I forget - Tell his parents to revert back to the normal locks, the only thing is they should keep valuable things off sight.

WhaO! my battery is down. Well, I think you should probably pay me for this valuable information, because I don't usually respond to threads on nairaland, let alone typing this long info with my hands. I would love Infinix Hot Note or the new Infinix Hot 2.

1 Like

Re: ''What Should I Do? My Child Steals From Everyone'' by dexcira(f): 10:59pm On Aug 19, 2015
it really hurts to see ur baby go astray. do u really provide him with the necessary things? is he a kind of kid that has long throat cos this another thing that makes children steal. let's forget about this boarding school criticism. people still turn out good there, sit him down agn talk sense into him , ask him to write what he needs after that. tell him as well that if for any reason he steals again after getting those things you will come to his school and let everyone know. lol trust me I know he wouldn't want that. if he can control himself he would try his best to avoid that. to crown it all keep praying to your God .
Re: ''What Should I Do? My Child Steals From Everyone'' by vivypretty(f): 11:00pm On Aug 19, 2015
HerexG:

With who else again dear ?
even ur child's class room teacher also helps in raising ur child,ur relations etc
Re: ''What Should I Do? My Child Steals From Everyone'' by Ivang: 11:03pm On Aug 19, 2015
Search stealing in the family blood lineage. If you find it then, it's a pity cos it's too late.
Everyone is supposed to know the family he/she is getting married into.
Those of you who are still single should always strive to investigate families YOU intend to marry.
Am Igbo, and it's 'customary' such investigation is conducted before marriage rites are performed.

Pls, note that the 'baby mama' syndrome can truncate due process which might result in this kind of scenario. BEWARE
Re: ''What Should I Do? My Child Steals From Everyone'' by dancoolD(m): 11:05pm On Aug 19, 2015
Take them back to God and teach them the commandment of Almight God
Re: ''What Should I Do? My Child Steals From Everyone'' by moshould(m): 11:08pm On Aug 19, 2015
Pray foor him/her always, and also take him/her to a Guiding and councelling expert...notin is impossible...he will change 4 d better IJN...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Sleeping Positions: Mom & Dad's,what's Your Experience? / Pastor Snatches Wife Of Church Member In Osun / Things Every Female In Her 20’s Should Know (MUST READ)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.