Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,216 members, 7,953,801 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 06:54 AM

The Allegedly Corrupted Scripture? Questions For Muslims. - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Allegedly Corrupted Scripture? Questions For Muslims. (3735 Views)

Open Question For Muslims And Christians. / We Want Fridays Declared Work-free For Muslims Like Sundays – MURIC Director / What Christians Did For Muslims In Kaduna State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Allegedly Corrupted Scripture? Questions For Muslims. by malvisguy212: 2:50pm On Sep 21, 2015
ibnmonsur
In SURA 2:40-42 The Quran declares the Bible to be a true revelation of God and demands faith in the Bible.
And in Sura 2:136;A true Muslim is obliged to believe in all the revelation of God. Also in Sura 2:136 The Quran makes no distinction between God's revelations.
The Quran claims that NO ONE can
change the Word of God. Sura 6:34.

The quran speak highly of the bible , BUT the quran contradict the bible

The Bible was completed 500 years before the Quran was revealed to Muhammad. If someone today wrote a book that contradicts a historical document written at the time of an event that took place in 1497 the person who wrote the second book would have to be able to prove the older document was false AND also prove its facts were true.

The document written at the time of the event would not have to prove itself against a latter document.This is neither logical, rational or true to the principles of the science of history. Merely proving that the older document was not accurate also does not by default mean the newer document is true. It must stand on its own and prove itself.

Why do say the bible is corrupted ,when Allah ask muhammed to make confirmation of the earlier scripture?
Re: The Allegedly Corrupted Scripture? Questions For Muslims. by Nobody: 8:30pm On Sep 21, 2015
malvisguy212:
ibnmonsur
In SURA 2:40-42 The Quran declares the Bible to be a true revelation of God and demands faith in the Bible.

Quran2:40-42 never said the bible is true revelation but it's just warning the Israelites to fear Allah, to believe in the Quran which most of them did not. Read!!!

O Children of Israel, remember My favor which I have bestowed upon you and fulfill My covenant [upon you] that I will fulfill your covenant [from Me], and be afraid of [only] Me.

And believe in what I have sent down confirming that which is [already] with you, and be not the first to disbelieve in it. And do not exchange My signs for a small price, and fear [only] Me.

And do not mix the truth with falsehood or conceal the truth while you know [it].

And in Sura 2:136;A true Muslim is obliged to believe in all the revelation of God

Yes we are to believe in all revelations if and only if it goes in line with Quran, because we are assured that the Quran is flawless.

Also in Sura 2:136 The Quran makes no distinction between God's revelations.

Q2:136
So if they believe in the same as you believe in, then they have been [rightly] guided; but if they turn away, they are only in dissension, and Allah will be sufficient for you against them. And He is the Hearing, the Knowing.

As you can see, this verse does not support you, it's telling the Muslims the same thing I told you above, we follow the revelation only if it is in line with the Quran.

The Quran claims that NO ONE can
change the Word of God. Sura 6:34.

Of course!! This is referring to the Quran. Read!

And certainly were messengers denied before you, but they were patient over [the effects of] denial, and they were harmed until Our victory came to them. And none can alter the words of Allah . And there has certainly come to you some information about the [previous] messengers.

Notice the last statement which I underlined.

The quran speak highly of the bible , BUT the quran contradict the bible

Show me the verse that says Bible

[s]The Bible was completed 500 years before the Quran was revealed to Muhammad. If someone today wrote a book that contradicts a historical document written at the time of an event that took place in 1497 the person who wrote the second book would have to be able to prove the older document was false AND also prove its facts were true.[/s]

Dumb!!

[s]The document written at the time of the event would not have to prove itself against a latter document.This is neither logical, rational or true to the principles of the science of history. Merely proving that the older document was not accurate also does not by default mean the newer document is true. It must stand on its own and prove itself.[/s]

Super dumb!!

Why do say the bible is corrupted ,when Allah ask muhammed to make confirmation of the earlier scripture?

Allah never never referred muhammad to corinthians, luke, chronicles, etc. Get it right!

1 Like

Re: The Allegedly Corrupted Scripture? Questions For Muslims. by malvisguy212: 9:16am On Sep 22, 2015
lexiconkabir:

Quran2:40-42 never said the bible is true revelation but it's just warning the Israelites to fear Allah, to believe in the Quran which most of them did not. Read!!!

O Children of Israel, remember My favor which I have bestowed upon you and fulfill My covenant [upon you] that I will fulfill your covenant [from Me], and be afraid of [only] Me.

And believe in what I have sent down confirming that which is [already] with you, and be not the first to disbelieve in it. And do not exchange My signs for a small price, and fear [only] Me.

And do not mix the truth with falsehood or conceal the truth while you know [it].

Yes we are to believe in all revelations if and only if it goes in line with Quran, because we are assured that the Quran is flawless.

Q2:136
So if they believe in the same as you believe in, then they have been [rightly] guided; but if they turn away, they are only in dissension, and Allah will be sufficient for you against them. And He is the Hearing, the Knowing.

As you can see, this verse does not support you, it's telling the Muslims the same thing I told you above, we follow the revelation only if it is in line with the Quran.

Of course!! This is referring to the Quran. Read!

And certainly were messengers denied before you, but they were patient over [the effects of] denial, and they were harmed until Our victory came to them. And none can alter the words of Allah . And there has certainly come to you some information about the [previous] messengers.

Notice the last statement which I underlined.

Show me the verse that says Bible

Dumb!!

Super dumb!!

Allah never never referred muhammad to corinthians, luke, chronicles, etc. Get it right!
trash!!!
Sura 5:68 (Al-Maida) - "Say: 'People of the Book (Christians and Jews), you stand for nothing until you observe the Torah and the Gospel and that which is revealed to you from your Lord."

It say the people stand for nothing until they observ the torah and gospel, meaning the bible is perfect during muhammed time. Before I proceeds, let me provide another verse :

Sura 5:48 (Al-Maida) - "And to you We
have revealed the Book with the truth
confirming what was revealed before it in the other Books, and standing as a
GUARDIAN OVER IT ."

Now answer the following question and see for your self :

The Quran was to be the guardian of all
the previously revealed Scripture. If the
Bible was corrupted, then the Quran
failed in its work. If the Bible was
corrupted, when and where and how was it corrupted? Was it corrupted before Prophet Muhammed's time or after? If it was before his time, then why did he not say so and why did he tell his people to read the Law and the Gospel? If it was after Prophet Muhammed's time, then why do we have ancient copies of the Bible that are much older than Muhammed that read exactly the same as the Bible today?

Further more:
In Sum 5:43 (Al-Maida) the Quran confirms the truthfulness of the Torah
(Law of Moses, Old Testament). When
Prophet Muhammed met some Jews in
Arabia, Allah said to him, "But why do
they come to you for judgment when
they already have the Torah in which is
Allah's own judgment?" Furthermore, in
Sura 5:47, the Quran says, "Let the
followers of the Gospel judge in accordance with what Allah has revealed therein. Evil doers are those who do not base their judgments on Allah's revelations." This confirms that the Bible was known to Prophet Muhammed and he had full confidence in its truthfulness. It also tells us that according to true Islam,Christians are to guide themselves by the Gospel. Muhammed was even told, "If thou (Muhammed) art in doubt concerning that which we reveal unto thee, then question those who read the Scriptures before thee." (Sura 10:94 - Yunus). Prophet Muhammed was told to refer to the Christians for fuller spiritual understanding.
Re: The Allegedly Corrupted Scripture? Questions For Muslims. by malvisguy212: 3:50pm On Mar 10, 2016
malvisguy212:
Quran 16:44
[We sent them] with clear proofs and WRITTEN ordinances. And We revealed to you the message that you may make clear to the people what was sent down to them and that they might give thought.

I'm sure the muslims know the quran was not revealed in writing. Therefore the 'writings' above refers to the earlier
Scriptures. The written proved their MUST be copies going on circulation. okay!!!

I challenge ALL muslims to answer the
following questions, if properly
answered, you will discovered soo many
lies has been told against God word:
1. At what point did the people corrupted
the Torah and Injeel, was it BEFORE
islam, during Muhammad's time of
AFTER him?
2. If it was before islam, why would Allah
refer Muhammad to something that is
non-existent to make confirmation?
3. If it was after Muhamad had died, how
was he able to receive the revelation that
the Scripture (Torah and Injeel) has been
corrupted?
4. The quran confirms that the Scripture
was a clear proof in writings. This means
there were copies in circulation. How
possible all copies vanished without
anyone having a copy anywhere? You
should by now discover a lie is told.
5. Why would God be so weak as to allow
man throw away His words before He
would vow to protect the subsequent
revelations? Did He learn from
experience?
6. Why will God ask muhammed to make
confirmation of the corrupted scripture
(injeel and torah) ?
Re: The Allegedly Corrupted Scripture? Questions For Muslims. by malvisguy212: 6:54am On Apr 17, 2016
malvisguy212:
[We sent them] with clear proofs and WRITTEN ordinances. And We revealed to you the message that you may make clear to the people what was sent down to them and that they might give thought.

I'm sure the muslims know the quran was not revealed in writing. Therefore the 'writings' above refers to the earlier
Scriptures. The written proved their MUST be copies going on circulation. okay!!!

AFTER him?
corrupted?
experience?
(injeel and torah) ?
Re: The Allegedly Corrupted Scripture? Questions For Muslims. by malvisguy212: 7:38am On Jul 17, 2016
malvisguy212:

AFTER him?
corrupted?
experience?
(injeel and torah) ?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Money Ritual-facts Or Fictions / Thread For Christians Fed Up With Denominationalism / Theme Song. RCCG 2017 Holy Ghost Congress.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.