Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,084 members, 7,821,738 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:33 PM

My Girlfriend Just Broke Up With Me On A Ground Of Religious Differences - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Girlfriend Just Broke Up With Me On A Ground Of Religious Differences (2742 Views)

Is The Hebrew Monotheistic Belief A Product Of Religious Syncretism? / Lord's Chosen Members Lie On The Ground, Perform Stunts In Benin. Photos / My Collection Of Religious Memes. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Girlfriend Just Broke Up With Me On A Ground Of Religious Differences by Nobody: 11:34am On Aug 19, 2015
Recently she travelled home to see her parents whom she told them about me (as she said) and her dad was disappointed that she was seeing a Christian (cos she is Muslim), according to her the mallam her family uses told her that their was nothing better that could be of her if she sticks to me and they did a five days prayer for her and gave her some passages to read. She returned from her trip and started avoided me telling me that her work was now being to stressful on her and giving different reasons not to see me, even when we met on the way she came up with a reason and avoided me. I was scared i was losing her so i went to her house refused to leave and waited in front of their compound gate, she still refused to come out to see me but after much pleading she came out and told me to come back later at about 9:00 pm, which i did, only to be told that i would be a hinder to her progress, she asked if i was her what would i do, i told her to gimme that benefit of a doubt but she had believed the imam hook-lines and sinker. Its hard for me right now, don't know who to talk to and the house now feels to big for me to live in that's why i had to tell it here. i regret supporting her to go on this journey. I just feel the imam and her dad lied to her just because i am Christian and pray here one day she finds the truth, and i also wish her well,and pray she finds that happiness and success she deserves.
Re: My Girlfriend Just Broke Up With Me On A Ground Of Religious Differences by Cutehector(m): 11:49am On Aug 19, 2015
The break up is valid
Re: My Girlfriend Just Broke Up With Me On A Ground Of Religious Differences by Abugab(m): 11:50am On Aug 19, 2015
Dude move on.....
How were u expecting to manage your prayer life with a Muslim if she decide to stick to her faith and u stick to yours?
Know that a family that prays together stays together.

3 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Just Broke Up With Me On A Ground Of Religious Differences by pickabeau1: 11:54am On Aug 19, 2015
Move on

Unequal yoke favors no one except you don't mind to be a muslim
Re: My Girlfriend Just Broke Up With Me On A Ground Of Religious Differences by dayojags10(m): 11:55am On Aug 19, 2015
shit happens. yu sef ehn,the girl wey yu supposed to give belle tey tey
Re: My Girlfriend Just Broke Up With Me On A Ground Of Religious Differences by Nobody: 12:02pm On Aug 19, 2015
Millions of fish in the sea to choose from bro. Perhaps you dogged a bullet by having her walk away. Too bad religion is the cause your separation,just shows how bad it is for humanity.

4 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Just Broke Up With Me On A Ground Of Religious Differences by davien(m): 12:30pm On Aug 19, 2015
Thoniameek....reading this? undecided
Re: My Girlfriend Just Broke Up With Me On A Ground Of Religious Differences by CaptainJune: 12:41pm On Aug 19, 2015
What is not yours can never be yours even if it is in your possession. Move on. That's life for you.
Re: My Girlfriend Just Broke Up With Me On A Ground Of Religious Differences by kevoh(m): 1:26pm On Aug 19, 2015
dayojags10:
shit happens. yu sef ehn,the girl wey yu supposed to give belle tey tey

kikiki grin grin grin This could have fixed it though!
Re: My Girlfriend Just Broke Up With Me On A Ground Of Religious Differences by finofaya: 1:38pm On Aug 19, 2015
Sorry bro. Consider getting another man of God to give her a second opinion.
Re: My Girlfriend Just Broke Up With Me On A Ground Of Religious Differences by An2elect2(f): 2:41pm On Aug 19, 2015
Tell me how you are a christian again if you don't see anything wrong yoking with an unbeliever undecided
Re: My Girlfriend Just Broke Up With Me On A Ground Of Religious Differences by Nobody: 4:53pm On Aug 19, 2015
An2elect2:
Tell me how you are a christian again if you don't see anything wrong yoking with an unbeliever undecided

So what makes me a Christian is only if I hang with Christians. Its ur type of peace we do not need in this world. Its ur type that would do what that mallam did and still sleep well at night. Thanks

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Girlfriend Just Broke Up With Me On A Ground Of Religious Differences by An2elect2(f): 5:10pm On Aug 19, 2015
fhranciz:

So what makes me a Christian is only if I hang with Christians. Its ur type of peace we do not need in this world. Its ur type that would do what that mallam did and still sleep well at night. Thanks

Yes you are right, the world including you does not want the peace of Christ that is rooted in truth.

Only a non-Christian will attack my post.

ARE BELIEVERS SUPPOSE TO YOKE WITH UNBELIEVERS? You know the answer already, i wont jump in the mud with you.
Re: My Girlfriend Just Broke Up With Me On A Ground Of Religious Differences by Nobody: 6:30pm On Aug 19, 2015
davien:
Thoniameek....reading this? undecided

Yeah? Read it.... Anything?
Re: My Girlfriend Just Broke Up With Me On A Ground Of Religious Differences by davien(m): 8:35pm On Aug 19, 2015
Thoniameek:

Yeah? Read it.... Anything?
Thought you said religion doesn't divide people and hinder love?

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Just Broke Up With Me On A Ground Of Religious Differences by OZAOEKPE(f): 8:44pm On Aug 19, 2015
Bro, its not easy though, but you have to move on with your life. There are many better christian girls in this world, wish you safe #searching as you begin your "woman"hunt
Re: My Girlfriend Just Broke Up With Me On A Ground Of Religious Differences by DollyParton1(f): 12:03am On Aug 20, 2015
Seriously I don't get it. How can two people of different religion be in a peaceful union. It rarely work in this naija. Religion is almost like the crux of everything, especially in a family.

Now unto the matter, its clear her father is not in support of her relationship with you. The best thing for you is to move on, though it may be hard, but you just have to.
Re: My Girlfriend Just Broke Up With Me On A Ground Of Religious Differences by macof(m): 9:29am On Aug 20, 2015
You see what religion causes? Hatred, Division, discrimination

Although there are many yoruba families that cope with different religion. ..I don't know how they do it but it just happens.

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Just Broke Up With Me On A Ground Of Religious Differences by Nobody: 12:38pm On Aug 20, 2015
DollyParton1:
Seriously I don't get it. How can two people of different religion be in a peaceful union. It rarely work in this naija. Religion is almost like the crux of everything, especially in a family.

Now unto the matter, its clear her father is not in support of her relationship with you. The best thing for you is to move on, though it may be hard, but you just have to.

It's hard but It's definitely I must move on and I am trying hard to, broken hearts don't kill people, heart attack does.

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Just Broke Up With Me On A Ground Of Religious Differences by Nobody: 11:23pm On Aug 20, 2015
davien:
Thought you said religion doesn't divide people and hinder love?

I don't do religion Davien.....

I follow Christ, and as a follower, I already know what would be good for me coz He (Christ) already told me

If I was loving a Moslem (which I've once). Christ already said something about the turnout. And there're only two ways to it

And whether or not I want to continue with the relationship - is totally my choice

Religion is not standing next to you with horns, black clothes and with a weapon threatening you and influencing your choice(s)

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Just Broke Up With Me On A Ground Of Religious Differences by UyiIredia(m): 9:03am On Aug 21, 2015
An2elect2:

You are being too judgemental.
Re: My Girlfriend Just Broke Up With Me On A Ground Of Religious Differences by vooks: 9:22am On Aug 21, 2015
fhranciz:
Recently she travelled home to see her parents whom she told them about me (as she said) and her dad was disappointed that she was seeing a Christian (cos she is Muslim), according to her the mallam her family uses told her that their was nothing better that could be of her if she sticks to me and they did a five days prayer for her and gave her some passages to read. She returned from her trip and started avoided me telling me that her work was now being to stressful on her and giving different reasons not to see me, even when we met on the way she came up with a reason and avoided me. I was scared i was losing her so i went to her house refused to leave and waited in front of their compound gate, she still refused to come out to see me but after much pleading she came out and told me to come back later at about 9:00 pm, which i did, only to be told that i would be a hinder to her progress, she asked if i was her what would i do, i told her to gimme that benefit of a doubt but she had believed the imam hook-lines and sinker. Its hard for me right now, don't know who to talk to and the house now feels to big for me to live in that's why i had to tell it here. i regret supporting her to go on this journey. I just feel the imam and her dad lied to her just because i am Christian and pray here one day she finds the truth, and i also wish her well,and pray she finds that happiness and success she deserves.
And what has this got to do with me?
Re: My Girlfriend Just Broke Up With Me On A Ground Of Religious Differences by An2elect2(f): 12:23pm On Aug 21, 2015
UyiIredia:

You are being too judgemental.
Oh yes i am.
Re: My Girlfriend Just Broke Up With Me On A Ground Of Religious Differences by UyiIredia(m): 2:05pm On Aug 21, 2015
An2elect2:

Oh yes i am.
And it's wrong, very wrong.
Re: My Girlfriend Just Broke Up With Me On A Ground Of Religious Differences by An2elect2(f): 2:35pm On Aug 21, 2015
UyiIredia:

And it's wrong, very wrong.
Did i judge rightly or wrongly? You think all judgements are wrong? SMH
Re: My Girlfriend Just Broke Up With Me On A Ground Of Religious Differences by johnydon22(m): 3:09pm On Aug 21, 2015
An2elect2:

Did i judge rightly or wrongly? You think all judgements are wrong? SMH
[b]Your judgement spells division, discrimination and stems from ludicrous ego.

What differences do you see between you and a muslim, catholic or hindu?

what difference is there between you and the man begging on the street?

what difference is there between you and the one bowing down in a mosque and the one kneeling in a church or the one who doesn't kneel at all?

Or the Hindu's raising their hands to Brahma or the pagans making their supplications their own way, or Christians praying to Yahweh.

There are no difference, we all share the same body, we all share the same blood. . your blood am sure is not golden or white but still unadulterated red and swelling with haemoglobin like every other human out there.

You too just like them get hungry and cry and feel pains just like every other do, or do you think you are from a different material from others? or do you think you are even from a different material from the animals out there you may look down on?

This division is in your mind, you may think your belief in what ever it is you think you believe makes you a better person but it doesn't .

You are still outrightly human like every other person, you are still subjected to the dictates of life..

We were all humans before Race disconnected us, Religion separated, colour divided. .

Your outright egoistic judgement is as wrong as wrong can get and can never be right at least to me. . . Nothing makes you a better human than others not even wealth or power talk more of beliefs.

Your belief doesn't not make you a better human being, neither does it even make you a good person, Your behaviour towards other does.

From what you exhibit here, one can only hope to be wrong about how your behaviour towards others will be
[/b]

6 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Girlfriend Just Broke Up With Me On A Ground Of Religious Differences by An2elect2(f): 3:57pm On Aug 21, 2015
johnydon22:

what difference is there between you and the one bowing down in a mosque and the one kneeling in a church or the one who doesn't kneel at all?

Or the Hindu's raising their hands to Brahma or the pagans making their supplications their own way, or Christians praying to Yahweh.

There are no difference, we all share the same body, we all share the same blood. . your blood am sure is not golden or white but still unadulterated red and swelling with haemoglobin like every other human out there.

You too just like them get hungry and cry and feel pains just like every other do, or do you think you are from a different material from others? or do you think you are even from a different material from the animals out there you may look down on?

This division is in your mind, you may think your belief in what ever it is you think you believe makes you a better person but it doesn't .

You are still outrightly human like every other person, you are still subjected to the dictates of life..

We were all humans before Race disconnected us, Religion separated, colour divided. .

Your outright egoistic judgement is as wrong as wrong can get and can never be right at least to me. . . Nothing makes you a better human than others not even wealth or power talk more of beliefs.

Your belief doesn't not make you a better human being, neither does it even make you a good person, Your behaviour towards other does.

From what you exhibit here, one can only hope to be wrong about how your behaviour towards others will be
[/b]

Haven't you judged my judgement already? I am a Christian and my loyalty is to my Lord first. If He abhors a thing, who am i to love it?

Did Christ who these confused men claim to follow bring a sword of division to establish truth and love among His followers in this world? Or false peace that the world is clamouring for?

Matthew 10:34 ;
“Do not think that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I have not come to bring peace, but a sword".

That is the harsh truth that these so called Christians, you are defending, are running away from. Why call yourself a Christian when you hate everything that Christ stands for? You are a big HYPOCRITE when you praise God with your lips and deny Him in all your deeds. I point this out, and i am called judgemental? trust me you wont like God's judgement when you come face to face with Him! No you won't!

Johnydonn, i am not just saying what i know, i know what i am saying. We speak wisdom that is not of this world and i do not expect you to understand, but God will judge you.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Just Broke Up With Me On A Ground Of Religious Differences by Osisie(m): 6:17pm On Aug 21, 2015
johnydon22:

[/b]

Wonderful school of thoughts. We are all humans. We must LOVE one another regardless of our differences.

I love ur thinking on this. Love is the basis.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Girlfriend Just Broke Up With Me On A Ground Of Religious Differences by Osisie(m): 6:27pm On Aug 21, 2015
Why I hate Religion, But I Love JESUS.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Just Broke Up With Me On A Ground Of Religious Differences by REMMEI(m): 6:48pm On Aug 21, 2015
To hell with the religion that says I shouldn't marry the woman of my choice..

Muhammad married a Christian.. and I know muslim men can marry a Christian lady but not otherwise.

Jesus come to preach about love and unification but you choose to quote the bible upside down.

I hate religion..

I wonder if God is religious.
Re: My Girlfriend Just Broke Up With Me On A Ground Of Religious Differences by Nobody: 1:53am On Aug 22, 2015
An2elect2:

Haven't you judged my judgement already? I am a Christian and my loyalty is to my Lord first. If He abhors a thing, who am i to love it?

Did Christ who these confused men claim to follow bring a sword of division to establish truth and love among His followers in this world? Or false peace that the world is clamouring for?

Matthew 10:34 ;
“Do not think that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I have not come to bring peace, but a sword".

That is the harsh truth that these so called Christians, you are defending, are running away from. Why call yourself a Christian when you hate everything that Christ stands for? You are a big HYPOCRITE when you praise God with your lips and deny Him in all your deeds. I point this out, and i am called judgemental? trust me you wont like God's judgement when you come face to face with Him! No you won't!

Johnydonn, i am not just saying what i know, i know what i am saying. We speak wisdom that is not of this world and i do not expect you to understand, but God will judge you.

I have decided not to reply you after this. When Jesus told the Pharisees the two greater commandments which the second was love thy neighbor as thy self, he would have specified a particular tribe , race or religion.
When Jesus meet the Samaritan woman at the well, he would have discriminated against her which was the usual norm.
Yes at your bolded he has not come to bring peace but sword for those who won't want to learn to love their neighbors and that would be their exact reason for bringing out their swords (hate). Even Jesus ate in the tax collectors house, accepted a gift from a prostitute( the one who use her hair to wipe his feet). Jesus himself waslove even at the point of death, still is love and his love was for every one not only Christians. Once again Thanks.
Re: My Girlfriend Just Broke Up With Me On A Ground Of Religious Differences by orisa37: 1:01pm On Aug 22, 2015
Both of You don't know Love.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Book of Isaiah (Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil) / Which Of The Churches Today Is Following Jesus Christ's Teachings? / Angel Micheal Worships Jesus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.