Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,440 members, 7,815,998 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:09 PM

Governor Almakura's Witnesses Turn Against Him To Testify That Maku Won Election - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Almakura's Witnesses Turn Against Him To Testify That Maku Won Election (33144 Views)

Tanko Almakura & Wife Visit Buhari In London (Photos) / Tanko Almakura Carrying Garri On His Head (photo) / INEC Rubbishes Peterside Says That Wike Won Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Governor Almakura's Witnesses Turn Against Him To Testify That Maku Won Election by businessMODE(m): 12:27pm On Aug 19, 2015
The ongoing proceedings at the Nasarawa State Governorship Election Tribunal witnessed a dramatic turn last Wednesday as Governor Almakura’s witnesses took to the witness box to openly testify in favour of the former Information Minister, Labaran Maku as winner of the election in their respective areas!

It was learnt that court was thrown into mild drama when the first witness to appear for Almakura from Arutu in Doma LGA under cross Examination by Maku’s Lawyers led by Solomon Akuma SAN averred that it was Maku not Almakura that won the election in his area.

Amidst obvious discomfort by Almakura’s legal team led by Yusuf Ali, SAN, the second witness from Burum-Burum also in Doma LGA again under cross examination by Chief Akuma, SAN, admitted that Maku won election in his area! At this point the court was thrown into confusion as Yusuf Ali, Almakura’s lawyer stood up to request abrupt adjournment till the following day to enable him meet with his witnesses.

He said he had just come into Lafia from Lagos and hadn’t the opportunity to meet with Almakura’s witnesses before the session began on Wednesday. At that stage Maku’s lawyers rejected the plea, arguing that the Almakura’s team had whole two months to prepare for their defense.

However the tribunal Chairman granted Almakura’s lawyer the one day adjournment which was not opposed by Maku’s lawyers.

On Thursday the court resumed at 9 am waiting for Almakura’s team to resume presentation of witnesses. Yusuf Ali SAN, Almakura’s lead lawyer did not turn up in court. While the court was waiting for the witnesses to be presented to continue the day’s session, a junior counsel in the Almakura’s team stood up to announce that following consultations and review of their case, they had decided to withdraw further witnesses and close their case.

Again there was a mild drama in court as everyone was taken aback. The Application to close Almakura’s case was granted by the Tribunal. Almakura’s team had forwarded a list of 24 witnesses to testify in court. In the end they withdrew the rest after the first two testified in favour of the APGA Governorship Candidate, Former Information Minister Labaran Maku.

http://newsdiaryonline.com/nasarawa-drama-as-almakuras-witnesses-testify-in-favour-of-maku/

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Governor Almakura's Witnesses Turn Against Him To Testify That Maku Won Election by Nobody: 12:28pm On Aug 19, 2015
wahala dey o

13 Likes

Re: Governor Almakura's Witnesses Turn Against Him To Testify That Maku Won Election by asgat1love: 12:28pm On Aug 19, 2015
ELEYIGIDIGAN OOOOOOOOOOOOOO

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Almakura's Witnesses Turn Against Him To Testify That Maku Won Election by experimentist: 12:30pm On Aug 19, 2015
toh

4 Likes

Re: Governor Almakura's Witnesses Turn Against Him To Testify That Maku Won Election by ikbnice(m): 12:30pm On Aug 19, 2015
Datz bad for him.

2 Likes

Re: Governor Almakura's Witnesses Turn Against Him To Testify That Maku Won Election by boujaye: 12:40pm On Aug 19, 2015
Almakura didn't give them gworo grin

53 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Governor Almakura's Witnesses Turn Against Him To Testify That Maku Won Election by kelechi50: 12:50pm On Aug 19, 2015
The longest journey starts with the first step and in this case its first step is a bad omen

10 Likes

Re: Governor Almakura's Witnesses Turn Against Him To Testify That Maku Won Election by eyeview: 1:07pm On Aug 19, 2015
This is serious!
What kind of divine turn around is this for Maku.
But if maku goes ahead to upstage the sitting governor with a less popular party like Apga in Nasarrawa,then that man will forever hold my respect and admiration.

84 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Governor Almakura's Witnesses Turn Against Him To Testify That Maku Won Election by ZKOSOSO(m): 1:11pm On Aug 19, 2015
Na today?

APC wuruwuru!

44 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Governor Almakura's Witnesses Turn Against Him To Testify That Maku Won Election by asumo12: 1:27pm On Aug 19, 2015
shocked shocked shocked
Re: Governor Almakura's Witnesses Turn Against Him To Testify That Maku Won Election by boboLIL(m): 1:27pm On Aug 19, 2015
Wind don blow,,, fowl nyash don open grin

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Governor Almakura's Witnesses Turn Against Him To Testify That Maku Won Election by Chubhie: 1:27pm On Aug 19, 2015
Maku I know of is well experienced in election matters. I remember vividly during 2011 elections how voting was alleged to be going on in Maku's well secured mansion. Witnesses raised alarm and some few hours latter a crack team was led to maku's house but nothing incriminating was found.

All those witnesses were rounded up into the waiting trucks of the crack team and charged with raising false alarm. It was a case of hunter turned bush meat. The look on those witnesses faces was epic! You could read the disbelief! They were so sure and never believed the reality they were seeing.

I laughed so hard then knowing that it takes only a call and few minutes to notify Maku of an impending raid so he can clean up.

Maku was rewarded as an information minister when his principal won. I'm not surprised one bit of Maku's capabilities.

23 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Governor Almakura's Witnesses Turn Against Him To Testify That Maku Won Election by okooloyun1(m): 1:28pm On Aug 19, 2015
Almakura witnesses don see maku's bank alert

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Almakura's Witnesses Turn Against Him To Testify That Maku Won Election by ibe9ja: 1:28pm On Aug 19, 2015
Endtime things

3 Likes

Re: Governor Almakura's Witnesses Turn Against Him To Testify That Maku Won Election by MadCow1: 1:28pm On Aug 19, 2015
Gobe
Re: Governor Almakura's Witnesses Turn Against Him To Testify That Maku Won Election by EmagNig(m): 1:28pm On Aug 19, 2015
that's the turn table effect
[size=16pt]sexyLADE[/size] says so

NIGERIA'S 1ST e-MAGAZINE? CHECK MY SIGNATURE
Re: Governor Almakura's Witnesses Turn Against Him To Testify That Maku Won Election by Dottore: 1:28pm On Aug 19, 2015
Hmm
Re: Governor Almakura's Witnesses Turn Against Him To Testify That Maku Won Election by tiamiyukunle69(m): 1:28pm On Aug 19, 2015
And the Drama continues .......

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Governor Almakura's Witnesses Turn Against Him To Testify That Maku Won Election by olexjay(m): 1:28pm On Aug 19, 2015
I dedicate dis post to LadyF cuz she miss making a FTC in this post smiley smiley smiley

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Almakura's Witnesses Turn Against Him To Testify That Maku Won Election by RepEnugu(m): 1:28pm On Aug 19, 2015
cool
Re: Governor Almakura's Witnesses Turn Against Him To Testify That Maku Won Election by Matttthew(m): 1:29pm On Aug 19, 2015
cheesy
When the hunter bcoms the hunted. grin grin
Re: Governor Almakura's Witnesses Turn Against Him To Testify That Maku Won Election by Matttthew(m): 1:29pm On Aug 19, 2015

7 Likes

Re: Governor Almakura's Witnesses Turn Against Him To Testify That Maku Won Election by otijah(m): 1:29pm On Aug 19, 2015
Chubhie:
Maku I know of is well experienced in election matters. I remember vividly during 2011 elections how voting was alleged to be going on in Maku's well secured mansion. Witnesses raised alarm and some few hours latter a crack team was led to maku's house but nothing incriminating was found.

All those witnesses were rounded up into the waiting trucks of the crack team and charged with raising false alarm. It was a case of hunter turned bush meat. The look on those witnesses faces was epic! You could read the disbelief! They were so sure and never believed the reality they were seeing.

I laughed so hard then knowing that it takes only a call and few minutes to notify Maku of an impending raid so he can clean up.

Maku was rewarded as an information minister when his principal won. I'm not surprised one bit of Maku's capabilities.
u be Maku fan

2 Likes

Re: Governor Almakura's Witnesses Turn Against Him To Testify That Maku Won Election by cold(m): 1:30pm On Aug 19, 2015
Lol..you gotta love Naija politics
Re: Governor Almakura's Witnesses Turn Against Him To Testify That Maku Won Election by iffydave: 1:31pm On Aug 19, 2015
More drama to unfold

Ndi ara
Re: Governor Almakura's Witnesses Turn Against Him To Testify That Maku Won Election by Viktor1983(m): 1:31pm On Aug 19, 2015
Money for hand, Back for ground......
Re: Governor Almakura's Witnesses Turn Against Him To Testify That Maku Won Election by obailala(m): 1:31pm On Aug 19, 2015
This sounds very funny, it must have been a very interesting day in the courtroom. Reminds me of a popular saying from 'The Last Don' movie, "Spread some cash, memories could be lost..."

I can only imagine the faces of Almakura's legal team and Almakura himself upon hearing this grin cheesy
[img]http://media./media/dM5h1F0R9rocw/giphy.gif[/img]

Would be quite interesting seeing APGA winning an election in the north though

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Almakura's Witnesses Turn Against Him To Testify That Maku Won Election by ElFenomeno1: 1:31pm On Aug 19, 2015
Anyone can say anything....
Let the witnesses provide evidences and proof that Maku won, SIMPLES!!!!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Governor Almakura's Witnesses Turn Against Him To Testify That Maku Won Election by nerodenero: 1:32pm On Aug 19, 2015
This one na double wahala for deady body grin.

Nigeria politics na the more you look, the less you see.
cold:
Lol..you gotta love Naija politics
I guess Al-Makura must have developed cold feet over this grin

3 Likes

Re: Governor Almakura's Witnesses Turn Against Him To Testify That Maku Won Election by pretydiva(f): 1:32pm On Aug 19, 2015
Let d war begin!!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

"FG Wants Us To Feed Pupils Rice, Beans, Vegetable, Crayfish With Just N35" / Boko Haram Attacks Chibok, Many Feared Dead, Houses On Fire / 18 Witnesses To Testify Against Metuh In Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.