Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,238 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:33 AM

Adedamola Aderemi, Late Ooni Of Ife’s Grandson Tipped To Become King (pics) - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Adedamola Aderemi, Late Ooni Of Ife’s Grandson Tipped To Become King (pics) (70905 Views)

Aderemi Sijuwade Buys Car For Labisi Folawiyo Hours Before Their Wedding / Koko That Ate 40 British Men As Nembe King [PICS] / Wives Of Late Ooni Of Ife At Burial Ceremony (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adedamola Aderemi, Late Ooni Of Ife’s Grandson Tipped To Become King (pics) by SmartMugu: 6:37pm On Aug 19, 2015
keepmegoing:
He is the best so far to be the next Ooni. He deserves it and I hope all the king makers will consider the fact that he stands the best out of the rest.

I thought the Oracle tells the king-makers whom to pick, or is it based of professional achievements now? Was Oduduwa a professional? Or has the culture changed?
Re: Adedamola Aderemi, Late Ooni Of Ife’s Grandson Tipped To Become King (pics) by shadrach77: 6:44pm On Aug 19, 2015
vigasimple:
Dr. Rahmon Adedoyin has a very good profile to fit the stool of Oonirisha, he has equally done well for Ife

BUT

Both Prince Damola Aderemi and Dr. Rahmon Adedoyin are from Oshinkola's ruling House, and their ruling house produce Sir Adesoji Aderemi 1930-1980, the previous Ooni before Oba Sijuwade 1980-2015, so they are clearly out of the picture.

Aderemi is NOT from GIESI ruling House who are definitely going to produce the next Ooni. So, the writer of the article is ill informed. It is very possible that Prince Aderemi is lobbying for Dr. Adedoyin since they are both from the same ruling house.

And despite all his background, and maybe ( jumping around) or lobbying. The throne of Oduduwa is NOT the one you campaign for. This is not PDP -V- APC, even Tinubu and Aregbe politics won't work on this one.

But like I stated on another thread, Giesi should have produced the LAST king. That they did not shows that the rotational policy has been scraped. Or maybe not...
Re: Adedamola Aderemi, Late Ooni Of Ife’s Grandson Tipped To Become King (pics) by Nobody: 7:04pm On Aug 19, 2015
chowlade:
They should let IFA elect the king o we don't want an impostor
babe let meet for Akure na, I said I like u.
Re: Adedamola Aderemi, Late Ooni Of Ife’s Grandson Tipped To Become King (pics) by Nobody: 7:11pm On Aug 19, 2015
IYANGBALI:
like the last one abi?
u mean Sijuade? sorry wat is d meaning of IYANGBALI? have bn seeing ur posts
Re: Adedamola Aderemi, Late Ooni Of Ife’s Grandson Tipped To Become King (pics) by caxim04(m): 7:22pm On Aug 19, 2015
This guy can't be crowned now, his grandfather is the penultimate King.
There are four ruling houses and it has to go round before it gets to his family.

Dr Ramon.........Hmn.............. i heard the man is "PDP supporter" and if its true

We all know what happened before Emir of Kano was installed. lipsrsealed
Re: Adedamola Aderemi, Late Ooni Of Ife’s Grandson Tipped To Become King (pics) by Yinkagbo(m): 7:34pm On Aug 19, 2015
bettercreature:
99% of ife indigine want Chief (Dr.) Ramon Adedoyin
He single handedly transform Ife FROM local town to Mega city
He brought over 50,000 people to ife
Nobody want this family
The late OOni was a politician who contribute zero to ife development
People must revolt,we want Chief (Dr.) Ramon Adedoyin

You are right he (adedoyin) contributed a lot to the developement of ife and thus makes me to respect the man a lot..unlike that useless corn eater,lolz..that has been very rich before Ramond Adedoyin,But he (adedoyin)came from one of the ruling houses thru mother side and not tru father side,don't be deceived with the surname carrying Ade,anybody can bear Ade...therefore they can not neglect the tradition and made him king cos he has contributed to develepment of ife.......I repeat,I respect him and thus makes me to doff my hat for him anytime anyday his names been mentiond.....
Re: Adedamola Aderemi, Late Ooni Of Ife’s Grandson Tipped To Become King (pics) by zonax(m): 7:37pm On Aug 19, 2015
Onijagidijagan:
lakasticallaala threads always hit the front page pls give me 500likes cuz is my very first time being the first to comment on a front page thread grin grin

I'll love to be his Abobaku. i promise i will not run when he dies

Lol. The Abobaku thing though. Guess he also enjoys part of the wealth from the kingdom.

1 Like

Re: Adedamola Aderemi, Late Ooni Of Ife’s Grandson Tipped To Become King (pics) by Ekaka1(m): 7:55pm On Aug 19, 2015
Titidi:
Who will be the candidate from Oba Sijuwade's family
They won't futute now. They're the ogboru house. They'd wait until any of the two houses in line now have ruled.
Re: Adedamola Aderemi, Late Ooni Of Ife’s Grandson Tipped To Become King (pics) by flokii: 8:02pm On Aug 19, 2015
Onijagidijagan:
lakasticallaala threads always hit the front page pls give me 500likes cuz is my very first time being the first to comment on a front page thread grin grin

And so shall it be .... Oloye Abobaku!..
Re: Adedamola Aderemi, Late Ooni Of Ife’s Grandson Tipped To Become King (pics) by IYANGBALI: 9:27pm On Aug 19, 2015
chowlade:

u mean Sijuade? sorry wat is d meaning of IYANGBALI? have bn seeing ur posts
no mind seun jare,he was the one that shortened my full name iya ngba life to iyangbali,the case is still in court
Re: Adedamola Aderemi, Late Ooni Of Ife’s Grandson Tipped To Become King (pics) by timunstopable: 10:13pm On Aug 19, 2015
This our corrupt press ehn i tire

Those that understand culture of yoruba knows that kingship is rotated.So next ooni can not come from late ooni family bt another royal family

Am sure city people was paid to carry this story to cause uneccessary confusion in the different royal families
Re: Adedamola Aderemi, Late Ooni Of Ife’s Grandson Tipped To Become King (pics) by pus30: 10:14pm On Aug 19, 2015
he is the son of the former Premier of Western Region Alhaji Dauda Adegbenro. .. When nigeria illegal did what it did.. It call the country of western Nigeria.. Western region. This is why Yoruba people hate Igbo for many years.

And they install his father.. illegal.

Ile ife is not the home of the Yoruba people. it is the nigeria government who claim that.. during the fight.

He is not becoming a king..

Ile ife have no king. but a duke.
Re: Adedamola Aderemi, Late Ooni Of Ife’s Grandson Tipped To Become King (pics) by Malazzy: 10:28pm On Aug 19, 2015
If you don't have anything good to say about someone, just keep quiet
Drchristian:
congrats to all yorubas world wide and the benin. he is not like the new king of Akure that is short in stature, Bald, and totally unattractive.
Re: Adedamola Aderemi, Late Ooni Of Ife’s Grandson Tipped To Become King (pics) by pus30: 10:28pm On Aug 19, 2015
aderemi did not reign from 1889 to 1980.. aderemi was 1930 to 1980 as the duke of ile ife
Re: Adedamola Aderemi, Late Ooni Of Ife’s Grandson Tipped To Become King (pics) by Nobody: 10:46pm On Aug 19, 2015
timunstopable:
This our corrupt press ehn i tire

Those that understand culture of yoruba knows that kingship is rotated.So next ooni can not come from late ooni family bt another royal family

Am sure city people was paid to carry this story to cause uneccessary confusion in the different royal families
Rotation of oba is not part of yoruba culture. It was intriduced in some smaller yoruba kingdom towards the end of the 20th century. The oracle chooses the best candidate out of all the princes. Oracle does not care what house ruled before. That's the reason why Lafogido and giesi has produced more ooni's in the history of ife than Oshinkola and Ogboru.
The report is still junk journalism anyway.
Re: Adedamola Aderemi, Late Ooni Of Ife’s Grandson Tipped To Become King (pics) by easystudy101: 10:51pm On Aug 19, 2015
Clearly dis guy has no idea what it means to be a traditional ruler.

It's not an electable/political post where you go meet politicians for support.

And there is no ways in this life will he be the ooni of ife by meeting the same governors that shunned his grandfathers burial.

1 Like

Re: Adedamola Aderemi, Late Ooni Of Ife’s Grandson Tipped To Become King (pics) by Oduduwaboy(m): 10:52pm On Aug 19, 2015
bettercreature:
99% of ife indigine want Chief (Dr.) Ramon Adedoyin
He single handedly transform Ife FROM local town to Mega city
He brought over 50,000 people to ife
Nobody want this family
The late OOni was a politician who contribute zero to ife development
People must revolt,we want Chief (Dr.) Ramon Adedoyin
...this your cheap campaign na sneh ! lol.
Re: Adedamola Aderemi, Late Ooni Of Ife’s Grandson Tipped To Become King (pics) by dapsonlou(m): 11:09pm On Aug 19, 2015
pus30:
he is the son of the former Premier of Western Region Alhaji Dauda Adegbenro. .. When nigeria illegal did what it did.. It call the country of western Nigeria.. Western region. This is why Yoruba people hate Igbo for many years.

And they install his father.. illegal.

Ile ife is not the home of the Yoruba people. it is the nigeria government who claim that.. during the fight.

He is not becoming a king.

Ile ife have no king. but a duke.

You Didn't Even bother to read the Post, His mother's Father is the Premier of Western Region Alhaji Dauda Adegbenro, his own father is the Son of Ooni Adesoji Aderemi Tadeniowo, Who is also my Grandfather. It's not our turn, Its going to The Ademiluyi because their grand father was deposted in 1930, Alausa Adewuyi Was chosen, but he Past the Throne to his Younger Brother Sir AdeSoji Aderemi, because he was Educated an Oxford university graduate . Alausa Adewuyi became the baba Isale of Ife. At the Time he was the Richest black man In Africa.

1 Like

Re: Adedamola Aderemi, Late Ooni Of Ife’s Grandson Tipped To Become King (pics) by timunstopable: 11:12pm On Aug 19, 2015
saxywale:

Rotation of oba is not part of yoruba culture. It was intriduced in some smaller yoruba kingdom towards the end of the 20th century. The oracle chooses the best candidate out of all the princes. Oracle does not care what house ruled before. That's the reason why Lafogido and giesi has produced more ooni's in the history of ife than Oshinkola and Ogboru.

thanks for the correction and shedding more light on the matter
Re: Adedamola Aderemi, Late Ooni Of Ife’s Grandson Tipped To Become King (pics) by vigasimple(m): 11:26pm On Aug 19, 2015
dapsonlou:

You Didn't Even bother to read the Post, His mother's Father is the Premier of Western Region Alhaji Dauda Adegbenro, his own father is the Son of Ooni Adesoji Aderemi Tadeniowo, Who is also my Grandfather. It's not our turn, Its going to The Ademiluyi because their grand father was deposted in 1930, Alausa Adewuyi Was chosen, but he Past the Throne to his Younger Brother Sir AdeSoji Aderemi, because he was Educated an Oxford university graduate . Alausa Adewuyi became the baba Isale of Ife. At the Time he was the Richest black man In Africa.

Ademuluyi are from Lafogido ruling house. It was the turn of GIESI ruling house before Olubuse 11 who ruled on behalf of Ogboru ruling house.

Unless the king maker's are going to skip Giesi family again, it is definitely their turn.

1 Like

Re: Adedamola Aderemi, Late Ooni Of Ife’s Grandson Tipped To Become King (pics) by Nobody: 11:47pm On Aug 19, 2015
Onijagidijagan:

grin grin grin grin
Re: Adedamola Aderemi, Late Ooni Of Ife’s Grandson Tipped To Become King (pics) by Titidi(f): 12:00am On Aug 20, 2015
Ekaka1:

They won't futute now. They're the ogboru house. They'd wait until any of the two houses in line now have ruled.
Oh
Thanks for the info
Re: Adedamola Aderemi, Late Ooni Of Ife’s Grandson Tipped To Become King (pics) by josite: 1:41am On Aug 20, 2015
i laugh.i dont think this guy comes near the vacant throne at all.it will be everybody's else but him.very veri naive attempt.
Re: Adedamola Aderemi, Late Ooni Of Ife’s Grandson Tipped To Become King (pics) by babajero(m): 7:17am On Aug 20, 2015
Onijagidijagan:

for your mind, you wey go take off immediately you hear say he get head ache.
Re: Adedamola Aderemi, Late Ooni Of Ife’s Grandson Tipped To Become King (pics) by macof(m): 9:37am On Aug 20, 2015
caxim04:
This guy can't be crowned now, his grandfather is the penultimate King.
There are four ruling houses and it has to go round before it gets to his family.

Dr Ramon.........Hmn.............. i heard the man is "PDP supporter" and if its true

We all know what happened before Emir of Kano was installed. lipsrsealed

Ife throne doesn't have to go round. ..all candidates have a chance
Re: Adedamola Aderemi, Late Ooni Of Ife’s Grandson Tipped To Become King (pics) by macof(m): 10:03am On Aug 20, 2015
Drchristian:
congrats to all yorubas world wide and the benin. he is not like the new king of Akure that is short in stature, Bald, and totally unattractive.

Are those what it takes to be Oba?
Re: Adedamola Aderemi, Late Ooni Of Ife’s Grandson Tipped To Become King (pics) by macof(m): 10:19am On Aug 20, 2015
The best candidate is the person who can uplift the traditions of the Yoruba and Ife in particular, who will promote tourism in the city and ensure peace and progress

We don't need rich businessman that is only interested in using the position of Ooni to grow his business.

We don't need a person that will turn Ile-Oodua into a church or mosque

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adedamola Aderemi, Late Ooni Of Ife’s Grandson Tipped To Become King (pics) by Nobody: 11:08am On Aug 20, 2015
macof:

Ife throne doesn't have to go round. ..all candidates have a chance

saxywale:

It used to go round in turns until Olubuse II.

Derin Ologbenla was Giesi
Olubuse I was Ogboru
Ademiluyi was Lafogido
Adekola was from Osinkola but died before ascending the throne which brought in Aderemi also from Osinkola.

The turn was supposed to go back to Giesi but whatever intrigue that happened saw Ogboru taking Giesi's turn with Olubuse II. And now, Giesi takes this available turn.

This is not to say a house does not get skipped if they are unable to produce a Prince of patrilineal 'blood' or Ifa rejects their nominee.

So, Sir, it is not thrown open to all the houses, it is by the turns.

Going further back before Derin Ologbenla:

Ojigidiri Osinkola
Akinmoyero Lafogido
Gbanlare Ogboru
Gbegbaaje Giesi
Wunmonije Lafogido
Abewela Lafogido
Orayigba Giesi

1 Like

Re: Adedamola Aderemi, Late Ooni Of Ife’s Grandson Tipped To Become King (pics) by Nobody: 11:13am On Aug 20, 2015
chowlade:
They should let IFA elect the king o we don't want an impostor

My concern as well as that of many Ife/Yoruba folks.

The Araba can only state what Ifa says and not enforce it but I hope the Obas stick to the spiritual script.
Re: Adedamola Aderemi, Late Ooni Of Ife’s Grandson Tipped To Become King (pics) by macof(m): 5:53pm On Aug 20, 2015
9jacrip:

It used to go round in turns until Olubuse II.

Derin Ologbenla was Giesi
Olubuse I was Ogboru
Ademiluyi was Lafogido
Adekola was from Osinkola but died before ascending the throne which brought in Aderemi also from Osinkola.

The turn was supposed to go back to Giesi but whatever intrigue that happened saw Ogboru taking Giesi's turn with Olubuse II. And now, Giesi takes this available turn.

This is not to say a house does not get skipped if they are unable to produce a Prince of patrilineal 'blood' or Ifa rejects their nominee.

So, Sir, it is not thrown open to all the houses, it is by the turns.

Going further back before Derin Ologbenla:

Ojigidiri Osinkola
Akinmoyero Lafogido
Gbanlare Ogboru
Gbegbaaje Giesi
Wunmonije Lafogido
Abewela Lafogido
Orayigba Giesi

Thanks for making this clear sir
Re: Adedamola Aderemi, Late Ooni Of Ife’s Grandson Tipped To Become King (pics) by Nobody: 6:19pm On Aug 20, 2015
macof:

Thanks for making this clear sir

No shakes papi.
A jo wa noni.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Chanel Chin: Oluwo Used To Beat Me, Cheated With Our Housemaid / Oba Adetokunbo Tejuoso Arrested For Romance Scam (Pictures) / PHOTOS: Ooni’s New Wife, Silekunola, Enters The Palace With Grace, Elegance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.