Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,660 members, 7,820,326 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:08 PM

Is it wrong for a couple to live together before marriage? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is it wrong for a couple to live together before marriage? (16123 Views)

Is Self Servicing A "SIN" For A Couple Whose Partner Is Hardly Around? / Is It Wrong To Call The Name Of Jesus During Sex? / Is It Wrong For Christians To End A Marriage Due To Impotency Of A Partner (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is it wrong for a couple to live together before marriage? by otokx(m): 10:52am On Jan 12, 2006
i suppose you did; even though its all so confusing.
Re: Is it wrong for a couple to live together before marriage? by Helly(f): 5:18pm On Jan 22, 2006
It is absolutely wrong for a couple to live together before marriage...why the rush since they're going to get married? beside's that, there's tendency that they'll commit fornication if they live together. It's not even advisable for them to be alone all the time let alone living together. Though it is very common in today's world, but the fact that people are doing it does not make it right...it is wrong biblically and morally.
Re: Is it wrong for a couple to live together before marriage? by bernieman(m): 10:34am On Jan 23, 2006
Well,marriage is a honourable estate of God.Pre marital sex is a sin (Fornication) before God and man.Until you pay for a product and take it away from the store,can you be seen using it?If you are seen using it when you have not paid for it,it then means that you have stolen it.For this simple reason,it is most ideal that one pay for his wife before he start having sex with her.So pre marital sex is wrong.
Re: Is it wrong for a couple to live together before marriage? by bernieman(m): 12:24pm On Jan 23, 2006
The word of God remains the true foundation for any genuinely born again christian;therefore, the word of God clearly states that "For one to avoid fornication,let him have his own 'wife' ''(1 Cor 7:1-2),note,and not a girlfriend or a live-in lover. It is therefore wrong to have any pre marital knowledge of a person that you are not yet married to.Hence,the bible says the bed 'Undefiled'.
Re: Is it wrong for a couple to live together before marriage? by allonym: 6:53am On Jan 26, 2006
bernieman:

Well,marriage is a honourable estate of God.Pre marital sex is a sin (Fornication) before God and man.Until you pay for a product and take it away from the store,can you be seen using it?If you are seen using it when you have not paid for it,it then means that you have stolen it.For this simple reason,it is most ideal that one pay for his wife before he start having sex with her.So pre marital sex is wrong.

so before a guy can be seen with a girl, he must pay for her. And how much do these people cost?
Re: Is it wrong for a couple to live together before marriage? by ijebuman(m): 12:51pm On Jan 26, 2006
bernieman:

For this simple reason,it is most ideal that one pay for his wife before he start having sex with her.So pre marital sex is wrong.

wow, a transaction before sex sounds like the world's oldest profession wink
Re: Is it wrong for a couple to live together before marriage? by pearl2(m): 6:09pm On Jan 30, 2006
It's not a honourable thing to do.It's immorality at its extreme.Some few percentages do get married,but the majority of the ones I've seen ended on a very bitter note.The ladies usually end up being heart broken for it.You may argue its not always about sex,but tell me how can you stay with somebody you are in love with without.......
For christians,you are encourage to flee all appearances of evil.If you dont want to eat the Devil's fruit,stay away from his orchard!
Re: Is it wrong for a couple to live together before marriage? by Ceekay(m): 3:09pm On Feb 02, 2006
its FORNICATION, get that into ya head.. what ya mean carnal knowledge,? that a guys gon live with a girl he intends to marry n he dont touch her isnt acceptable. infact the norm vese days is for the girl to take in..talk about respect..psk! angry
Re: Is it wrong for a couple to live together before marriage? by 2nde(m): 2:35am On Feb 07, 2006
If there is no any other choices, they can live in the same campus but not in the same room, if not, they should give space coz living together for them may end up in heart-breaking.Thats the truth
Re: Is it wrong for a couple to live together before marriage? by Babybee(f): 10:50pm On Feb 08, 2006
I don't think that's right, infact its not right!!!
Re: Is it wrong for a couple to live together before marriage? by lauryn(f): 12:17am On May 14, 2006
There's nothin wrong. U get to know the person better, i believe.
Re: Is it wrong for a couple to live together before marriage? by eveseh(f): 12:42am On May 14, 2006
if they like they can,and if da luv is stronge
Re: Is it wrong for a couple to live together before marriage? by lunafish(f): 8:26am On May 14, 2006
No it's not wrong. it's a goody way to see how they live together and handle responsibilities. It can also highlinght the fault in the relationship before they get married. It's better to deal with your problems sooner rather than later.
Re: Is it wrong for a couple to live together before marriage? by ajia23(m): 3:04pm On May 14, 2006
Permit me to say I can see this is a straght fight between the conservatives and the liberals. Fortunately, on some issues, I am conservative, and this just happens to be one of them. God, in his infinite wisdom, in all major originally monotheistic religions has set the limits for mankind. But man, in his limited but rebellious wisdom thinks he can bend those limits, or break them entirely. This has always been his bane. And all the time, it leads to his destruction.

The limits are clear, you are not allowed to as much as kiss your spouse, before marriage, not to talk of actually co-habiting with same. All the excuses which justify this practice are lame, and hold no water. Those that are liberal in their views are only so because, like our ancestor Adam and eve did, they tasted the fruit. And from the moment you do that, there is no turning back! And so to them, it wouldn't matter if you had sex or not, however, I am of the opinion that you should not have premarital sex under whatever pretext, and definitely, you should avoid situations that will lead to this grievious sin. Those who have tasted the fruit, even though it may be difficult to abstain from having more and more bites of it, I advise that you first reduce the extent of the bite, and gradually, just like an alcoholic, you will start giving up the vice. Cheers.
Re: Is it wrong for a couple to live together before marriage? by ikamefa(f): 5:02pm On May 14, 2006
ajia23:

Permit me to say I can see this is a straght fight between the conservatives and the liberals. Fortunately, on some issues, I am conservative, and this just happens to be one of them. God, in his infinite wisdom, in all major originally monotheistic religions has set the limits for mankind. But man, in his limited but rebellious wisdom thinks he can bend those limits, or break them entirely. This has always been his bane. And all the time, it leads to his destruction.

The limits are clear, you are not allowed to as much as kiss your spouse, before marriage, not to talk of actually co-habiting with same. All the excuses which justify this practice are lame, and hold no water. Those that are liberal in their views are only so because, like our ancestor Adam and eve did, they tasted the fruit. And from the moment you do that, there is no turning back! And so to them, it wouldn't matter if you had sex or not, however, I am of the opinion that you should not have premarital sex under whatever pretext, and definitely, you should avoid situations that will lead to this grievious sin. Those who have tasted the fruit, even though it may be difficult to abstain from having more and more bites of it, I advise that you first reduce the extent of the bite, and gradually, just like an alcoholic, you will start giving up the vice. Cheers.

shocked yeah right !
Re: Is it wrong for a couple to live together before marriage? by ajia23(m): 6:01pm On May 14, 2006
@ Ikamefa,
I don't understand what you mean by yeah right? Please explain.
Re: Is it wrong for a couple to live together before marriage? by ikamefa(f): 6:28pm On May 14, 2006
Re: Is it wrong for a couple to live together before marriage? by allonym: 7:25am On May 20, 2006
ajia23:

By definition, it is not. The word liberal and conservative has become so twisted now, I'm starting to wish that they would be stricken from the english language. Not only do the words not truely describe liberal or conservative ideologies, they are used as derogatory terms and a catchall for everyone who disagrees with whichever side the current pundit opposes.
Re: Is it wrong for a couple to live together before marriage? by ajia23(m): 10:15pm On May 21, 2006
@ allonym
I understand ur point. Almost everything in life now is so blurry, there seems to be no clear distinction even in traditional good or bad circumstances.

@ Ikamefa

Simple, if you are used to having multiple girls, first you may wanna have one. Make sure she is someone who is morally upright. Then, you could start limiting ur urge for sex by ensuring you do not put urself in ackward positions where it would be hard to muster self restraint. I would also suggest you fast at least twice in a week. It has been shown to limit sexual urge in those that do it.
Re: Is it wrong for a couple to live together before marriage? by allonym: 4:31am On May 30, 2006
ajia23:

\Simple, if you are used to having multiple girls, first you may want to have one. Make sure she is someone who is morally upright. Then, you could start limiting your urge for sex by ensuring you do not put yourself in ackward positions where it would be hard to muster self restraint. I would also suggest you fast at least twice in a week. It has been shown to limit sexual urge in those that do it.

Umm, what do you mean by "want to have one"? I'm trying to see how a morally upright girl fits into the picture? Do you mean if he wants a girlfriend and still keep himself from indulging in sexual activities, he should find someone who is also committed to the selfsame goals?
Re: Is it wrong for a couple to live together before marriage? by deniece(f): 7:12pm On May 31, 2006
there's nutthin wrong with two people livin together befor marriage,it depends on how they feel about each other.

this is my boyfriend(ladiez stay away 4rm him)

Re: Is it wrong for a couple to live together before marriage? by dominobaby(f): 4:19am On Jun 06, 2006
deniece:

this is my boyfriend(ladiez stay away from him)

sure!
Re: Is it wrong for a couple to live together before marriage? by eveseh(f): 6:01am On Jun 06, 2006
dominobaby:

sure!

do u know him,becos u are saying sure? cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin
Re: Is it wrong for a couple to live together before marriage? by jaybaby(f): 9:22am On Jun 07, 2006
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked i'm so shocked @ those pple dat said itz not wrong! it iz very wrong 4 couple that av not been joined together in Holy Matrimony! 2 stay 2gether- na see finsh b dat now! grin grin grin
Re: Is it wrong for a couple to live together before marriage? by ajia23(m): 10:47am On Jun 07, 2006
@ allonym
Umm, what do you mean by "want to have one"? I'm trying to see how a morally upright girl fits into the picture? Do you mean if he wants a girlfriend and still keep himself from indulging in sexual activities, he should find someone who is also committed to the selfsame goals?

Exactly, this is what I mean. At least his partner will also be a restraining party, and that will put one more and a significant obstacle on his part to keep practising illicit sex. My own way has been to avoid even having girlfriends, and as much as possible, avoid being with girls in places where my desires will get the better part of me. This may not be the best method though, but atleast, it has helped me avoid unsavoury results from illicit sexual affairs.
Re: Is it wrong for a couple to live together before marriage? by Teezy(f): 5:47am On Aug 13, 2006
Dont see nufin wrong wit it undecided I live with my boyfriend tongue
Re: Is it wrong for a couple to live together before marriage? by LiquidMind(m): 6:51pm On Aug 13, 2006
If you feel living to 2gether is good for you. then do it.

Good or Bad you will have the benefits
Re: Is it wrong for a couple to live together before marriage? by Memunah(f): 1:10pm On Sep 26, 2006
it is absolutelt wrong to live with someone you are not even sure of signing the dotted lines with even if you are sure,y the haste girl/guy you are going to live with him.her for the rest of life so y rush things
Re: Is it wrong for a couple to live together before marriage? by onikunkewu(m): 11:52am On Sep 27, 2006
I strongly believe that no man and woman born of different parents lives together without having passion for each other,not to talk of someone you so much loved and intended to marry.Definitely cohabitation or what is called pre-marital sex has to come in,hence,IT IS WRONG TO LIVE TOGETHER BEFOR MARRIAGE. JUST PRAY FOR THE BEST WOMAN.
Re: Is it wrong for a couple to live together before marriage? by irefunke(f): 9:29pm On Sep 29, 2006
Who am I to judge?
Do u all know that tradition does not permit it .
All religions do not permit it.
Then what are we talking about?
If we want to be sincere, staying together happens among the so called less priviledged
Am I making some senses at all?Carry a research out and u'll see
I'm not talking of a girl from a rich home that elopes with a boy
Those people involved do not like it ,cos it brings ridicle from the man's youngre ones especially when they girls like her.
If your home is spacious what will u be looking for in a man's house?
Re: Is it wrong for a couple to live together before marriage? by irefunke(f): 9:44pm On Sep 29, 2006
Some one said when u stay 2gether that u'll study each others behaviour.
Ask a man that is married/a woman that is married for 25 years if he/she has stop seeing new behaviours from his/her patner's life . NO.
Bro paul says in the bible that it is better to marry than to burn(other meaning of that is than to flirt,full of agro,been moved)
Don't sell yourself cheap.Let your man pay your bride price first.
Even when u are not doing the engagement party .BRIDE PRICE FIRST B4 ANY OTHER THING .
DON'T DO WHAT U CAN'T TELL YOUR CHILDREN TO DO LATER IN LIFE
WILL U BE HAPPY WHEN YOUR FEMALE CHILD LEAVES HOME AND DECIDES TO LEAVE WITH A MAN WHOM U DON'T KNOW HIS FAMILY (AS IN SHOWING THEIR CONSENT FOR THEIR SON TO MARRY YR DAUGHTER)
Re: Is it wrong for a couple to live together before marriage? by blackdiva(f): 10:31pm On Jan 23, 2007
i think it's WRONG for a couple 2 live 2gether b4 marriage (hell no).Along with all other kinds of sexual immorality, sex before marriage / premarital sex is repeatedly condemned in Scripture (Acts 15:20; Romans 1:29; 1 Corinthians 5:1; 6:13,18; 7:2; 10:8; 2 Corinthians 12:21; Galatians 5:19; Ephesians 5:3; Colossians 3:5; 1 Thessalonians 4:3; Jude 7). The Bible promotes abstinence before marriage. Sex before marriage is just as wrong as adultery and other forms of sexual immorality, because they all involve having sex with someone you are not married to. Sex between a husband and his wife is the only form of sexual relations that God approves of (Hebrews 13:4).

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

An Egyptian Islamic Imam Professor Rejects Islam And Says Jesus Is Lord ! / Amazing Miracles Jesus Did That Were Not Recorded In The Bible / Apostle Suleman: "Women Are Not Created For Men To Understand" (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.