Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,563 members, 7,820,035 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:48 AM

Is it wrong for a couple to live together before marriage? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is it wrong for a couple to live together before marriage? (16122 Views)

Is Self Servicing A "SIN" For A Couple Whose Partner Is Hardly Around? / Is It Wrong To Call The Name Of Jesus During Sex? / Is It Wrong For Christians To End A Marriage Due To Impotency Of A Partner (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is it wrong for a couple to live together before marriage? by kufreabasi(m): 3:44pm On Feb 13, 2008
it is simply all about the love that is exciting b/w both sex.If can know the meaning of love and the person you are into making love with.if know you will marry her nothing stops you,but if you will not marry her never try it
consider: compatibility,love,honest,and all other condiments of marriage b/4 promising any lady.
Re: Is it wrong for a couple to live together before marriage? by kufreabasi(m): 3:50pm On Feb 13, 2008
kufreabasi:

it is simply all about the love that is exisiting b/w both sex.If you can know the meaning of love and the person you are into making love with.if know you will marry her nothing stops you,but if you will not marry her never try it
consider: compatibility,love,honest,and all other condiments of marriage b/4 promising any lady.
Re: Is it wrong for a couple to live together before marriage? by CH3COO(m): 4:15am On Jul 13, 2008
No, it's not wrong. But couples who live together before marriage are more vulnerable to divorce than those who don't.
Re: Is it wrong for a couple to live together before marriage? by yemivictor: 4:14pm On Jul 15, 2008
Just a bit of digression here please!

If a couple fornicated with each other only & later got married, does the marriage automatically cancel out the previous sin of fornication!? undecided
Re: Is it wrong for a couple to live together before marriage? by janami(f): 4:16pm On Jul 15, 2008
no tongue @yemivictor
Re: Is it wrong for a couple to live together before marriage? by yemivictor: 4:40pm On Jul 15, 2008
What if the fornication between the afore-mentioned couple resulted in pregnancy!?

I mean, what would it make of the child!? A sinful child!?! undecided
Re: Is it wrong for a couple to live together before marriage? by yemivictor: 4:47pm On Jul 15, 2008
Secondly, what would become of the possibilities of the couple @ redemption!?

Since their sin has produced something!! undecided
Re: Is it wrong for a couple to live together before marriage? by janami(f): 4:56pm On Jul 15, 2008
lol. they cld just ask for forgiveness undecided
Re: Is it wrong for a couple to live together before marriage? by Wumine(f): 9:44pm On Dec 17, 2008
Live together, i think its not right but if its sleep together or "fornicate'as d righteous call it,, technically and in the sight of God, its wrong but practically and humanly it is acceptable and right. How can i marry someone i dont know his ability behind closed doors? what if he's not want i think he is? what a miserable marriage that will be.
Re: Is it wrong for a couple to live together before marriage? by larry8me: 11:10pm On Dec 28, 2008
Yes it is wrong to co-habitate before marriage. The bible does not spell it out to this particular subject, but might as well. The bible states in 1thes. 5:22 and ephes5:3 to stay away from the appearance of immorality. When people are living together in this day (and throughout history for that matter) and in this society it is well assumed that those two people are having sex, so that being known if you have a christian couple living together before marriage then that couple is looked upon as having a sexually immoral relationship. The next point is that we are to keep ourselfs away from the temptation to sin 1cor 6:18. Me being a guy i know that living with someone that i am not married to would be very tempting for me and probaly most normal guys.
Re: Is it wrong for a couple to live together before marriage? by WilliamHP(m): 3:05am On Feb 16, 2009
It's wrong cos
1. It weakens d foundation of d marriage nd most men find it difficult 2 keep marital vows after cohabitation. For more cotact me on talk2hopeonline@yahoo.com
Re: Is it wrong for a couple to live together before marriage? by benedictac(f): 4:10pm On Feb 20, 2009
it is capital WRONG IN THE SIGHT OF GOD
Re: Is it wrong for a couple to live together before marriage? by Mashaluvs(f): 2:43am On Feb 25, 2009
i do not think it is bad i dont see how respect could be lost by living together,, i think it actually helps to determine if the two are compatible enough and are able to maintain marriage, it gives time to show how well things work out or dont, kinda like a preview like trying something as a sample if u may.
Re: Is it wrong for a couple to live together before marriage? by Maykelly(f): 9:46am On Feb 25, 2009
It depends on how they two are living together! once a man and a woman decides to stay together as married people though they are not - from that time the world sees them as marry couple even though they have not make it public as in giving out drinks to people.

so if pregancy results they should keep it and solve problems together. they have already pronuce themselves husband and wife.

but if they can hold bodi - they should not leave together because some men are ticky-they can deny the woman when an issue arises. Most men run away from responsiblities. they are also kn as cowards.

Advise:So young girl-keep urself, marry him b/4 leaving with him.
Re: Is it wrong for a couple to live together before marriage? by sleepingco: 10:56pm On Nov 15, 2009
Check out http://www.sleepingcousins.com/is-it-wrong-to-live-together-before-marriage/ to find some food for thought on this issue. It's not an easy one, by any means.
Re: Is it wrong for a couple to live together before marriage? by Kunbee: 12:22am On Nov 16, 2009
Yes
Re: Is it wrong for a couple to live together before marriage? by kolaoloye(m): 11:26am On Nov 17, 2009
It is wrong as in WRONG
Re: Is it wrong for a couple to live together before marriage? by BarbDeWyre: 8:58am On Dec 12, 2009
It is so very much too WRONG!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Is it wrong for a couple to live together before marriage? by ilosiwaju: 3:39pm On Dec 15, 2009
CH3COO:

No, it's not wrong. But couples who live together before marriage are more vulnerable to divorce than those who don't.
can you prove this? there is nothing wrong and their break-up or divorce(if any happens) should not be blamed on the fact that they lived together.
that standpoint is bankrupt and rather hypocritical. whats the big deal in living together when we are already having sex?and also if we agree not to have sex till we marry, why should living together be a problem? if you will give this theory a religious perspective, such a religion should be ready to admit whether linving together is the problem or just pre-marital sex. for xtianity however, i am almost sure the debate is about pre-marital sex but who cares? xtianity has an unhealthy attitude towards sexual intercourse anyway.bla bla bla.
whatever suits u both,honestly, NIKE- just do it!
grin
Re: Is it wrong for a couple to live together before marriage? by selencious(f): 10:45pm On Jan 15, 2010
I don't think it is so right, But most people practice it though, On a normal judgement, it is not right, But this generation is changed, things are done anyhow, lol, Whatever!!!!!
Re: Is it wrong for a couple to live together before marriage? by afiq(m): 2:37am On Jan 16, 2010
WRONG
Re: Is it wrong for a couple to live together before marriage? by justfash50: 6:37am On Jan 16, 2010
The assumption is that unmarried couples who live together are likely to be having sex on a regular basis like a regular husband and wife, and that's why Christians and Muslims generally frown at it.

Culturally speaking, a woman who lives with a man who is not her husband is seen as a 'loose' woman because she's not only taking part in forbidden sex (as assumed), but she's 'flaunting her immorality' for the whole community to see by living with him. She's not being discreet about it.

The society's attitude is like this, "yes, we know that you're having sex with your boyfriend, but don't flaunt it as if there's nothing wrong with it." We know that we are all sinners, but let's at least respect the fact that what we're all doing is wrong! Let's show some shame, and discreetness. This is called hypocrisy!

@seun

Its not frowned at in ISLAM but forbidden outrightly because u are still not regarded as husband and wife.

Even when Communicating there must be a guardian present ,this shows to the extent of removing sex or other form of immoralities from aspiring couples before they get married.

@poster

its totally forbidden in ISLAM and not frowned at.
Re: Is it wrong for a couple to live together before marriage? by ChristaD(f): 7:08am On Feb 02, 2010
Nothing is probably going to stop people from living together before marriage, or at all. Since that has to be taken as fact (which it does) one then wonders what sort of legal protections are afforded unwed couples, and as it turns out, there are binding legal agreements called cohabitation agreements that people can enter into.
Re: Is it wrong for a couple to live together before marriage? by mariblizzy(f): 8:38pm On Apr 12, 2013
layi: Exactly fabian.
Apost Paul said in 1 Corinthians 10:23 - All things are lawful for me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but all things edify not.
Its not outrightly wrong. Neither is it a sin. If cohabitin wit ur lover is a sin..cohabiting wit ur mother/siter is also a sin.
Its risky though and strict measures should be taken to guide against premarital sex if u MUST live together
Well spoken my brother....

The thread is not about sex within or outside cohabitation. Most people who said its wrong are actually guiding against premarital sex.
Re: Is it wrong for a couple to live together before marriage? by mariblizzy(f): 8:41pm On Apr 12, 2013
layi: Exactly fabian.
Apost Paul said in 1 Corinthians 10:23 - All things are lawful for me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but all things edify not.
Its not outrightly wrong. Neither is it a sin. If cohabitin wit ur lover is a sin..cohabiting wit ur mother/siter is also a sin.
Its risky though and strict measures should be taken to guide against premarital sex if u MUST live together

The thread is not about sex within or outside cohabitation. Most people who said its wrong are actually guiding against premarital sex.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

An Egyptian Islamic Imam Professor Rejects Islam And Says Jesus Is Lord ! / Amazing Miracles Jesus Did That Were Not Recorded In The Bible / Apostle Suleman: "Women Are Not Created For Men To Understand" (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.