Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,070 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:53 AM

Petition: Paypal, Allow Nigerians Receive Payments - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Petition: Paypal, Allow Nigerians Receive Payments (4856 Views)

Let Paypal Allow Nigerians Receive Funds / Paypal: Allow Nigeria Paypal Users To "Receive Money" / Nigerian Petitions Paypal: Allow Nigerians Receive Payments (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Petition: Paypal, Allow Nigerians Receive Payments by surveycash(m): 11:34pm On Aug 19, 2015
When Paypal allowed Nigerians to register on their platform last year June, they were all happy as it seemed to be a relief to online payment hitches.

Unfortunately, the happiness was shortlived when they wake to see that the account is limited and incomplete and they can only send/spend money but they can't receive.

Several calls were put to Paypal who said it is a normal procedure on entering new market and the restriction will be removed "soon". It has been a year now and we NIgerians are tired of waiting for an absolution that may never come.

We have spent huge some of money via Paypal but we are not allowed to receive. Paypal is encouraging capital FLIGHT. This is unfair and need to stop now.

I here by call on Paypal to remove this restriction and allow Nigerians to receive money now or we boycott their services.

Click Here To Sign Now

10 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Petition: Paypal, Allow Nigerians Receive Payments by tranxo(m): 12:39am On Aug 20, 2015
@lalasticlala this is FP material. We need this to go viral

2 Likes

Re: Petition: Paypal, Allow Nigerians Receive Payments by tonjeola(m): 4:00am On Aug 20, 2015
Yes, we are long overdue. Let all come together to fight this. Thanks.
Re: Petition: Paypal, Allow Nigerians Receive Payments by toluxa1(m): 8:36am On Aug 20, 2015
Long overdue. Last I heard though, PayPal said they were in the process of finalising agreements with the various Nigerian Financial institutions.
Re: Petition: Paypal, Allow Nigerians Receive Payments by AdekunleIG(m): 8:52am On Aug 20, 2015
Yes!
I support the motion

1 Like

Re: Petition: Paypal, Allow Nigerians Receive Payments by surveycash(m): 9:54am On Aug 20, 2015
Let's not only sign but share with atleast 10 persons.

8 people already signed in less than 24hrs. 92 to go.

We can do it, together.
Re: Petition: Paypal, Allow Nigerians Receive Payments by puskin: 10:18am On Aug 20, 2015
surveycash:
Let's not only sign but share with at least 10 persons.

8 people already signed in less than 24hrs. 92 to go.

We can do it, together.

huh.......in a nation of more than 200million people and you are gunning for 100 signatories. grin grin

You need to be gunning for at least a 100,000signatories before PayPal starts taking you serious with your petition.

Even "Justice for Cecil the Lion" got more than 1.3million signatories.

1 Like

Re: Petition: Paypal, Allow Nigerians Receive Payments by saints2(f): 11:33am On Aug 20, 2015
lalasticlala, Seun Pls do the needful.... front page please
Re: Petition: Paypal, Allow Nigerians Receive Payments by ollybode(m): 1:16pm On Aug 20, 2015
this is a welcome development....,,,...,
Re: Petition: Paypal, Allow Nigerians Receive Payments by AFOLSNETWORKS(m): 1:52pm On Aug 20, 2015
Signed.
Re: Petition: Paypal, Allow Nigerians Receive Payments by miqos02(m): 2:11pm On Aug 20, 2015
give me biro
Re: Petition: Paypal, Allow Nigerians Receive Payments by tranxo(m): 6:33pm On Aug 20, 2015
mods @lalasticlala and seun so this isn't worth being on FP? If na rubbish stories you people won't waste time to put them on FP. God dey watch una
Re: Petition: Paypal, Allow Nigerians Receive Payments by surveycash(m): 6:41pm On Aug 20, 2015

@Puskin, the 100 was automatically assigned by change.org

@Ollybode, AFOLSNETWORKS Tranxo, thanks

@ lalasticlala, FP please.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Petition: Paypal, Allow Nigerians Receive Payments by ferhyntorlah(f): 8:07pm On Aug 20, 2015
Please MODS, this topic is an important one to those who engage in online transactions.

Seun, Lalasticlala, Ishilove, FOD, naijacutee, puskin please help push this thread to the front page.

Thank you.
Re: Petition: Paypal, Allow Nigerians Receive Payments by Ohana(m): 11:06am On Aug 21, 2015
I have received a mail before from PayPal stating that they have sent request to the monetary institutions in Nigeria, to allow Nigerians receive money.
I believe they know what they stand to gain if Naija is brought to the big picture.
#I-LOVE-NAIJA

1 Like

Re: Petition: Paypal, Allow Nigerians Receive Payments by Nobody: 12:33pm On Aug 21, 2015
Paypal has no meaning to me without allow us to recieve what the heck send.ing ...sending...tchai there is God oo
Re: Petition: Paypal, Allow Nigerians Receive Payments by surveycash(m): 1:31pm On Aug 21, 2015

We are live on facebook..No going back, NL FP or not cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Petition: Paypal, Allow Nigerians Receive Payments by surveycash(m): 1:43pm On Aug 21, 2015
Ohana:
I have received a mail before from PayPal stating that they have sent request to the monetary institutions in Nigeria, to allow Nigerians receive money.
I believe they know what they stand to gain if Naija is brought to the big picture.
#I-LOVE-NAIJA

That's what the song they have been signing since 1900BC. Let's fight them with our pen. The pen is mightier than the sword.

Click Here To Sign Now
Re: Petition: Paypal, Allow Nigerians Receive Payments by tranxo(m): 1:43pm On Aug 21, 2015
surveycash:

We are live on facebook..No going back, NL FP or not cheesy
I spoke with one of their customer service reps this morning. She reaffirmed PayPal's desire to get us on board. She said they have submitted all necessary documentations to Nigerian financial institutions and they are waiting for feedback and approval.
Re: Petition: Paypal, Allow Nigerians Receive Payments by surveycash(m): 1:50pm On Aug 21, 2015
tranxo:
I spoke with one of their customer service reps this morning. She reaffirmed PayPal's desire to get us on board. She said they have submitted all necessary documentations to Nigerian financial institutions and they are waiting for feedback and approval.

Nice one sir.

Here are their numbers to reach them. Let's keep the calls going. Ask them when are we receiving payments? We can't wait for ever.

Reis +14029357733

General +14025174519
Re: Petition: Paypal, Allow Nigerians Receive Payments by Nobody: 2:07pm On Aug 21, 2015
I support!

I've spent some money using paypal and had to get paid by another means like solidtrust pay. Paypal should do the needful

In case you want to start a serious online business, then ping me.

22D3C446
Re: Petition: Paypal, Allow Nigerians Receive Payments by Azaks12(m): 5:10pm On Aug 21, 2015
Yeah! whatever it is the reason, it is not fair for PayPal to be only receiving our payments.

1 Like

Re: Petition: Paypal, Allow Nigerians Receive Payments by surveycash(m): 9:54pm On Aug 21, 2015
Poco-a-poco, we are getting there.
Re: Petition: Paypal, Allow Nigerians Receive Payments by ferhyntorlah(f): 11:21pm On Aug 21, 2015
tranxo:

Let me also bombard them as well. Enough is enough!

1 Like

Re: Petition: Paypal, Allow Nigerians Receive Payments by surveycash(m): 6:08am On Aug 22, 2015
Do more than signing. Invite your friends as well
Re: Petition: Paypal, Allow Nigerians Receive Payments by enolife(m): 10:18am On Aug 22, 2015
I signe, I like, I share, infect I distribute too. let me even call my OKA Ymodulus.
our struggle must end
Re: Petition: Paypal, Allow Nigerians Receive Payments by 2sex(m): 11:14am On Aug 22, 2015
surveycash:
Poco-a-poco, we are getting there.
bro, I need to talk to you. Are you on whatsapp? How can I reach you. It's 2sexy your boy.
Re: Petition: Paypal, Allow Nigerians Receive Payments by surveycash(m): 11:59am On Aug 22, 2015
enolife:
I signe, I like, I share, infect I distribute too. let me even call my OKA Ymodulus.
our struggle must end

That's the spirit chief.

At this rate, we could achieve this in the 1 month timeline I projected.

Re: Petition: Paypal, Allow Nigerians Receive Payments by kobomart: 12:55pm On Aug 22, 2015
Signed....

FP material, Seun and co, do the needful
Re: Petition: Paypal, Allow Nigerians Receive Payments by ferhyntorlah(f): 1:24pm On Aug 22, 2015
I sent a mail to PayPal last night and I was informed they had already made an application to have the Receive Money feature approved in Nigeria soon.

I think we need to directed our campaign to CBN since they are the apex financial regulatory agency in Nigeria!

PayPal cannot operate in Nigeria without the approval and backing of the Central Bank of Nigeria or am I wrong?
Re: Petition: Paypal, Allow Nigerians Receive Payments by ollybode(m): 1:54pm On Aug 22, 2015
ferhyntorlah:
I sent a mail to PayPal last night and I was informed they have already made an application to have the Receive Money feature approved in Nigeria soon.

I think we need to directed our campaign to CBN since they are the apex financial regulatory agency in Nigeria!

PayPal cannot operate in Nigeria without the approval and backing of the Central Bank of Nigeria or am I wrong?
. If that is d case we have to channel our complaint to appropriate authorities @ CBN so as to ensure dat other banks accept paypal ''terms''.
Re: Petition: Paypal, Allow Nigerians Receive Payments by surveycash(m): 2:13pm On Aug 22, 2015
ferhyntorlah:
I sent a mail to PayPal last night and I was informed they had already made an application to have the Receive Money feature approved in Nigeria soon.

Thanks for the info ma. We will take the war to CBN after winning this.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Did You Know You Can Make Enough Money From Albino Rat Breeding? / Terminal Operators Waive N1.5bn Charges On Stranded Tcn Containers / If You Had 3 Million Naira To Invest, What Business In Naija Would You:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.