Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,026 members, 7,818,029 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:33 AM

Abia Plans Production Of Military Uniforms, Gears - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abia Plans Production Of Military Uniforms, Gears (18823 Views)

Rumours Of Military Coup Spread In Nigeria, Buratai Warns Soldiers / Fayose Cautions Buhari Over Probe Of Military Chiefs, Says $2.1bn Arms Deal Is A / Buhari Orders Removal Of Military Check Points (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abia Plans Production Of Military Uniforms, Gears by Originalsly: 10:12am On Aug 20, 2015
shachris02:

Abia State has sought the assistance of the Peoples Republic of China to build the capacity of entrepreneurs and other citizens engaged in production of garments and leather works in the state.

X
I'm lost. Those who say good move....can you explain what this is about?... what would the Chinese be doing?.....providing E books on garment production?....providing equipment?...setting up factories? Inviting Chinese businessmen to invest in the local garment industry would certainly destroy what is left of it. Is it not wayyyy more important to put the infrastructure in place or in shape first?...roads, water and electricity? Sometimes I wonder.....foreign investment no matter what seems to be a badge of achievement.
Re: Abia Plans Production Of Military Uniforms, Gears by MadCow1: 10:14am On Aug 20, 2015
wtfCode:

mehn, u're such a goat!!
U see, this is why this country will never grow economically.
We hardly make our own money here,and u'll use it to petronize and develop another country!
What sort of slowpoke are u?
U must be a yoruba guy,cuz u people have a monkey brain.
U pple think so obsolete.
#fuckingthing!!

Firstly, I am a cow not a Goat.. If you attended a University instead of ABSU or Okigwe Poly, you would be able to tell the difference.

It is spelt "patronise" not "petronize".. If you were raised in a good city (not Aba or Umuahia), you wouldn't have that 'Nwanna' accent that is now reflecting in your written English.

You asked what type of slowpoke I am, You tell me since you are vast in the science of "Moronology" and even know the different nomenclature of Morons. grin

Mua ka isi bu onye Ofe? grin ókwa ifu na í nwèrò uche. grin

Which people? The Yorubas are the ones you are calling obsolete thinkers? grin Those obsolete thinking oil soup eaters are currently sitting above the Igbos in the political food chain of Nigeria. I don't believe they are smarter than we Igbos, but foolish pride and arrogance of retarded ndi Igbos such as yourself and Nnamdi Kanu has stopped the Igbo race from running this nation. Keep hating on the Yorubas instead of fixing the mess in front of you.

My post was made is jest, but since you are having running stomach over a joke, I will tell you the harsh truth; Aba made goods are Nationally known to be substandard and fake. That's why even Late Dora Akunyili had to shut down the entire drug market in Aba and ended up destroying over half the drugs they found there. I didn't hide my mouth when I said it, Aba should not make uniforms for the Nigerian Army until the Nigerian government finds a way to ensure quality control. Make even mosquito to start to kill our soldiers for war front.

iKid.. iKid.. grin

And did this Ariaria Motor park tout just say "FuckingThing"? grin Nwokem Gerarahia for reel men, Shiiii. .. grin Bloody South African Visa reject forming "Amirika Gangsta'.. grin

Please record yourself saying it and post it here make I use your Aba Accented voice do my ringtone..

3 Likes

Re: Abia Plans Production Of Military Uniforms, Gears by Chiaka(f): 10:15am On Aug 20, 2015
Them get plenty good tailors there!
Re: Abia Plans Production Of Military Uniforms, Gears by Chiaka(f): 10:16am On Aug 20, 2015
Them get plenty good tailors for Aba!
Re: Abia Plans Production Of Military Uniforms, Gears by wiseoneking: 10:25am On Aug 20, 2015
shachris02:

Abia State has sought the assistance of the Peoples Republic of China to build the capacity of entrepreneurs and other citizens engaged in production of garments and leather works in the state.

The government said it planned to support its citizens involved in the production of security uniforms, boots, caps and other gears for use by the armed forces and the para-military agencies in Nigeria and other African countries.

Abia State Governor, Dr. Okezie Ikpeazu, who said this when he visited the Chinese ambassador to Nigeria, Gu Xiaoje, on Wednesday in Abuja, stated that about 100,000 Abia citizens were involved in production of leather shoes, belts, suits and jackets, noting that the small scale manufacturers would be empowered to ensure product consistency and quality.

He said the entrepreneurs need capacity building to ensure consistency and product quality hence his visit to the Chinese envoy to solicit his support.

The governor hinted that his administration is emphasising on technical education for the youths to enable them to be self-reliant.

Ikpeazu encouraged Chinese investors to invest in various sectors of the state economy including the leather and garment industry and agriculture, noting that his state is the highest cocoa producer in the country.

The governor said Abia was the ‘confluence’ of the states in the South-East and South-South regions, stressing that it was also the hub of small scale and medium enterprises in Nigeria.

He said, “Apart from being the hub of small and medium scale enterprises in Nigeria, Abia has a huge market and we make the best dresses, jackets and suits as well as leather shoes and belts. The only thing we want from the Chinese government is capacity building.

“Our aim is to supply military uniforms and gears to all the armed forces and para-military agencies in Nigeria and beyond, but we need capacity to ensure consistency and quality of products; the state government would set up quality control.”

Xiaoje, in his response, promised to encourage Chinese businessmen and investors to support projects and programmes that would benefit them and their host communities.

Source: http://www.punchng.com/news/abia-plans-production-of-military-uniforms-gears/

Abians are the most resourceful people in Nigeria and the only one that can compete with Anambrarians who edged them in their doggedness and risk taking. Did i hear ikpeazu say that Abia is the largest producer of cocoa. Pls, abia bro, confirm this. I always known osun and co. Ikpezu is actually queing into the vision of Oti. I see Abia becoming a true hub of commerce in Naija. I still think Anambra takes the lead in 6 to 10 developmental achievement of any state in Nigeria or call it Zoo by the Biafrans freaks.
Re: Abia Plans Production Of Military Uniforms, Gears by Rutycool(f): 10:30am On Aug 20, 2015
A good development but in this type of country won't it promote criminal act, impersonation and also assist boko boys

1 Like

Re: Abia Plans Production Of Military Uniforms, Gears by Rutycool(f): 10:31am On Aug 20, 2015
A good development but in this type of country won't it promote criminal act, impersonation and also assist and promote boko boys activities

1 Like

Re: Abia Plans Production Of Military Uniforms, Gears by charlycharles(m): 10:35am On Aug 20, 2015
if only d investors can find access routes to aba. last time i checked aba my home town was not accessible by air, water and not even by road. however good idea mr governor.
Re: Abia Plans Production Of Military Uniforms, Gears by chigoizie7(m): 10:37am On Aug 20, 2015
EddyNumerouno:
Good initiative by the gov, but military gear just can't be produced by every tom dick and harry.

So, who has been producing them in the past?

I bet, another country does that for us

What is now wrong in setting up a good factory were such things can be produced @ a cheaper rate and still create job opportunities for the locals, directly nd indirectly? Get more revenues for the country in terms of tax and then reduce the number of items imported in this country so a to improve on the BOP?

All they need is a government license and proper supervision.

The governor according to this write up, said that govt will implement a "quality control on all those product" he also said that the need for chinese firms is to improve in the quality and consistency of those wares.

Now, what else Is required if all those measures are in place?

Do u think U.S, russia and some other countries that produce their wares, imports them from mars? They all started like this, and govt saw reasons to support them and also regulate them so as to record maximum productions and standard quality.

But, I am not surprised. U re a Nigerian, and I bet that if ur kind of person is @ the top, u will do anything humanly possible to suppress this type of development. Maybe u think multinational companies, just sprang up one day and became a multinational, they all started somewhere.

What this govt is doing is to make the local entrepreneurs to start somewhere and then grow with time
Re: Abia Plans Production Of Military Uniforms, Gears by Tripleclick(m): 10:39am On Aug 20, 2015
We need to start producing NUCLEAR WEAPONS ,,,, So that yorubas and hausas we start having runny stomach
Re: Abia Plans Production Of Military Uniforms, Gears by beright: 10:43am On Aug 20, 2015
Abeg dear e don do kwanu, lets just appreciate d good news and leave ethnicitƴ out of this #nationalanthem
1toRtoiSe1:
OMG!

Biafrans to sew clothes for thesame Nigerin army they hate?

Am beginning to feel this Biafra thing is just an internet affair which has no touch will real life.
Re: Abia Plans Production Of Military Uniforms, Gears by starG7(m): 10:43am On Aug 20, 2015
lipsrsealed Aba made, welcome development anyway
Re: Abia Plans Production Of Military Uniforms, Gears by beright: 10:47am On Aug 20, 2015
On point, if he can fix the roads that would be great
charlycharles:
if only d investors can find access routes to aba. last time i checked aba my home town was not accessible by air, water and not even by road. however good idea mr governor.
Re: Abia Plans Production Of Military Uniforms, Gears by larssDON(m): 11:20am On Aug 20, 2015
Enyimba kwenu......!!!, up biafra tongue
Re: Abia Plans Production Of Military Uniforms, Gears by seannopo(m): 11:22am On Aug 20, 2015
How can you ask China to ruin their economy?
Re: Abia Plans Production Of Military Uniforms, Gears by tsdarkside(m): 11:39am On Aug 20, 2015
very good....there is alot of money to be earned in war...we nigerians,should build weapons and sell it to the world,aaaaa lot of profit.....
Re: Abia Plans Production Of Military Uniforms, Gears by EbiJUNIRO(m): 11:41am On Aug 20, 2015
ejimoney:
Is part of the struggle, a house is not build in a day

Small Small Catchy The Monkey undecided
Re: Abia Plans Production Of Military Uniforms, Gears by tsdarkside(m): 11:42am On Aug 20, 2015
bugzbunny:
Good one
Dnt stop with gears and stuffs
Time to go nuclear too
grin

yea...its time africa has nuclear bombs too....me,i dont trust anybody,that is not black like me................................
Re: Abia Plans Production Of Military Uniforms, Gears by 2dillu2(m): 12:11pm On Aug 20, 2015
bugzbunny:
Good one
Dnt stop with gears and stuffs
Time to go nuclear too
grin
in GEJ voice "America will know " grin

Re: Abia Plans Production Of Military Uniforms, Gears by bonechamberlain(m): 12:20pm On Aug 20, 2015
zuchyblink:
if only the zoo's government will agree to that....in the voice of sarduana of sokoto ''if we cannot produce it,will would rather employ foreigners''
very tribalistic man he lay the foundation for northernocracy in Nigeria.
Re: Abia Plans Production Of Military Uniforms, Gears by EddyNumerouno(m): 12:31pm On Aug 20, 2015
chigoizie7:

So, who has been producing them in the past?

I bet, another country does that for us

What is now wrong in setting up a good factory were such things can be produced @ a cheaper rate and still create job opportunities for the locals, directly nd indirectly? Get more revenues for the country in terms of tax and then reduce the number of items imported in this country so a to improve on the BOP?

All they need is a government license and proper supervision.

The governor according to this write up, said that govt will implement a "quality control on all those product" he also said that the need for chinese firms is to improve in the quality and consistency of those wares.

Now, what else Is required if all those measures are in place?

Do u think U.S, russia and some other countries that produce their wares, imports them from mars? They all started like this, and govt saw reasons to support them and also regulate them so as to record maximum productions and standard quality.

But, I am not surprised. U re a Nigerian, and I bet that if ur kind of person is @ the top, u will do anything humanly possible to suppress this type of development. Maybe u think multinational companies, just sprang up one day and became a multinational, they all started somewhere.

What this govt is doing is to make the local entrepreneurs to start somewhere and then grow with time

Did you read 'nice initiative' in my post? A growth in the Nigerian manufacturing industry would be a significant boost for our economy, but around the world, items marked as "military grade" aren't produced like other goods.
Re: Abia Plans Production Of Military Uniforms, Gears by chigoizie7(m): 12:48pm On Aug 20, 2015
EddyNumerouno:

Did you read 'nice initiative' in my post? A growth in the Nigerian manufacturing industry would be a significant boost for our economy, but around the world, items marked as "military grade" aren't produced like other goods.

And how is "military grade" produced around the world?

Is Nigeria not also part of the world?

What makes u think they can't be upgraded to that desired international standard? Thus, bringing in the chinese to play.

Of course I read the "Nice initiative" from ur posts.

I just want u to know that it is just as important to start producing the wares here in Nigeria. That was why I gave a bit of long epistle,so as to clear things for u.

4 Likes

Re: Abia Plans Production Of Military Uniforms, Gears by shamecurls(m): 1:22pm On Aug 20, 2015
Blackfire:

in real life u dont even measure up to my sandals.
We could meet face to face to confirm.
I was just having fun, been happy of a business deal that just yield gains.

Pls abuse me one more time, pls.

No vex Boss. Can I send my account number and share in tour blessings?
grin
Re: Abia Plans Production Of Military Uniforms, Gears by azzima(m): 1:59pm On Aug 20, 2015
Igbos producing Army Uniforms? ??We don enter one chance be Dat o.....Kidnappings in military uniforms go plenty.
Re: Abia Plans Production Of Military Uniforms, Gears by Nobody: 2:20pm On Aug 20, 2015
MadCow1:

Firstly, I am a cow not a Goat.. If you attended a University instead of ABSU or Okigwe Poly, you would be able to tell the difference.

It is spelt "patronise" not "petronize".. If you were raised in a good city (not Aba or Umuahia), you wouldn't have that 'Nwanna' accent that is now reflecting in your written English.

You asked what type of slowpoke I am, You tell me since you are vast in the science of "Moronology" and even know the different nomenclature of Morons. grin

Mua ka isi bu onye Ofe? grin ókwa ifu na í nwèrò uche. grin

Which people? The Yorubas are the ones you are calling obsolete thinkers? grin Those obsolete thinking oil soup eaters are currently sitting above the Igbos in the political food chain of Nigeria. I don't believe they are smarter than we Igbos, but foolish pride and arrogance of retarded ndi Igbos such as yourself and Nnamdi Kanu has stopped the Igbo race from running this nation. Keep hating on the Yorubas instead of fixing the mess in front of you.

My post was made is jest, but since you are having running stomach over a joke, I will tell you the harsh truth; Aba made goods are Nationally known to be substandard and fake. That's why even Late Dora Akunyili had to shut down the entire drug market in Aba and ended up destroying over half the drugs they found there. I didn't hide my mouth when I said it, Aba should not make uniforms for the Nigerian Army until the Nigerian government finds a way to ensure quality control. Make even mosquito to start to kill our soldiers for war front.

iKid.. iKid.. grin

And did this Ariaria Motor park tout just say "FuckingThing"? grin Nwokem Gerarahia for reel men, Shiiii. .. grin Bloody South African Visa reject forming "Amirika Gangsta'.. grin

Please record yourself saying it and post it here make I use your Aba Accented voice do my ringtone..

You know, when I was a lot younger I used to take weekends off to shop in Lagos, TM shirts and all till I met this Aba tailor who took one of my expensive *shit and produced an exact copy in a different material. Since then my brother, I respect Aba tailors. The stuff we wear and do "big boys" with na poor Bangladeshi's and Nepalese dey make am and if you see the environment and the people sef you no go gree wear am. Anyway encourage made in Aba goods my man, the imported ones started that way too. I remember when we used to laugh at people using made in China shoes.... Today how far? Aba has done me proud and will do Nigeria proud one day... soon too.

1 Like

Re: Abia Plans Production Of Military Uniforms, Gears by cupidhero(m): 2:20pm On Aug 20, 2015
Good. When they are ready they should holla at us.
Re: Abia Plans Production Of Military Uniforms, Gears by zuchyblink(m): 2:31pm On Aug 20, 2015
MadCow1:

You want to reference somebody to make a point and you picked Nnamdi Kanu.. grin

Nwokem Gerarahia for reel men shiii... angry

That any ofia is who you are using as your mentor. Ibu ezigbo onye nzuzu.

u are not qualified to eat where that guy poos.jealousy go kill you! If u think u are better than him,make head line for good reasons lets see...mumu

2 Likes

Re: Abia Plans Production Of Military Uniforms, Gears by MadCow1: 2:56pm On Aug 20, 2015
zuchyblink:
u are not qualified to eat where that guy poos.jealousy go kill you! If u think u are better than him,make head line for good reasons lets see...mumu

Hahahahahahaaa..

Nnamdi Kanu! That Chalatan is who you are lifting high like this.. grin In my book, I categorise him in the same class as the likes of Osisi ka Nnku. Criminals.

Shows the level of cretins you associate with. I roll with the real Champions of Igbo Land. Ndi Nnukwu Mmuo, not scaliwags.

Nnamdi Kanu is not qualified to be in the same building as the likes of Ojukwu. He is nothing but a lunatic with a microphone hussling fellow scoundrels like you out of your pennies and pence.

The Giants of Igbo Land don't associate with his like.

In Igbo; Zuzulu si ebea gba fuo for reel men.. Shiii..

Madafackers using Nnamdi Kanu to form levels.. grin
Re: Abia Plans Production Of Military Uniforms, Gears by asha80(m): 3:00pm On Aug 20, 2015
MadCow1:

Hahahahahahaaa..

Nnamdi Kanu! That Chalatan is who you are lifting high like this.. grin In my book, I categorise him in the same class as the likes of Osisi ka Nnku. Criminals.

Shows the level of cretins you associate with. I roll with the real Champions of Igbo Land. Ndi Nnukwu Mmuo, not scaliwags.

Nnamdi Kanu is not qualified to be in the same building as the likes of Ojukwu. He is nothing but a lunatic with a microphone hussling fellow scoundrels like you out of your pennies and pence.

The Giants of Igbo Land don't associate with his like.

In Igbo; Zuzulu si ebea gba fuo for reel men.. Shiii..

Madafackers using Nnamdi Kanu to form levels.. grin
off point..i thought you use to castigate ojukwu here about his role in the war?or has your mind changed?
Re: Abia Plans Production Of Military Uniforms, Gears by MadCow1: 3:00pm On Aug 20, 2015
mykl01:

You know, when I was a lot younger I used to take weekends off to shop in Lagos, TM shirts and all till I met this Aba tailor who took one of my expensive *shit and produced an exact copy in a different material. Since then my brother, I respect Aba tailors. The stuff we wear and do "big boys" with na poor Bangladeshi's and Nepalese dey make am and if you see the environment and the people sef you no go gree wear am. Anyway encourage made in Aba goods my man, the imported ones started that way too. I remember when we used to laugh at people using made in China shoes.... Today how far? Aba has done me proud and will do Nigeria proud one day... soon too.

Bro.. Aba tailors who are good are darn good. My Curtains, beddings and stuff come from Aba. I have many of those Niggas on speed dial.

But mass production business is a whole different issue. Those dudes would start cutting corners, paying less and less attention to quality and details.

My first comment was made as a light hearted joke, but a lot of truth is said in jest. If quality control measures can be put in place, then I have no qualms with Aba producing military gears.

Remember that good military gear can mean the difference between life and death in combat.
Re: Abia Plans Production Of Military Uniforms, Gears by MadCow1: 3:04pm On Aug 20, 2015
asha80:
off point..i thought you use to castigate ojukwu here about his role in the war?or has your mind changed?

I still have my beef with the Late Ikemba..

But upon futher research, I have realised he did what he had to do when he did it..

Does not mean he did the right thing though. He should have known there was no way he was gonna win. Why lead 100's of thousands to their slaughter only to bail on them.

I have my beef with him still but he is dead now. Can't dwell on the past. And my beef does not take away from the fact that he is 1 billion times more Man than that scoundrel Nnamdi Kanu would ever be in 10 life times.
Re: Abia Plans Production Of Military Uniforms, Gears by asha80(m): 3:14pm On Aug 20, 2015
MadCow1:

Bro.. Aba tailors who are good are darn good. My Curtains, beddings and stuff come from Aba. I have many of those Niggas on speed dial.

But mass production business is a whole different issue. Those dudes would start cutting corners, paying less and less attention to quality and details.

My first comment was made as a light hearted joke, but a lot of truth is said in jest. If quality control measures can be put in place, then I have no qualms with Aba producing military gears.

Remember that good military gear can mean the difference between life and death in combat.
let us even wait and see if the present governor will still remain on sit

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buhari Directs Nigerian Flags To Fly At Half-mast For Three Days / Bayelsa Guber: Sylva, Oshiomole Aided Our Victory – PDP / Beautiful Pictures From Peter Obi's Presidential Campaign Rally In Jos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.