Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,139 members, 7,818,431 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:26 PM

Should I Quit My Present Job For A Federal Government Job? - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Should I Quit My Present Job For A Federal Government Job? (29987 Views)

Should I Quit My #55,000 Monthly Job For University? / Should I Quit My Job And Be Self-employed? / How Did You Get Your Present Job? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Quit My Present Job For A Federal Government Job? by samsongbemisola(m): 7:34am On Aug 21, 2015
Try to get more info abt the Federal Job then u compare and contrast. If u are a BSC holder ur basic salary as a federal worker is 130k, less risk of losing ur job, u got pension after retirement so the choice is urs.
Re: Should I Quit My Present Job For A Federal Government Job? by Franky9584(m): 7:42am On Aug 21, 2015
Fed govt job z beta any time any day
Re: Should I Quit My Present Job For A Federal Government Job? by mickey45: 7:58am On Aug 21, 2015
jnrbayano:
Federal Government job is holy grail.....
But get the details first before making the move.
What do you mean "Holy grail"
Re: Should I Quit My Present Job For A Federal Government Job? by jnrbayano(m): 8:01am On Aug 21, 2015
mickey45:

What do you mean "Holy grail"

"Highly sort after"
Re: Should I Quit My Present Job For A Federal Government Job? by mickey45: 8:13am On Aug 21, 2015
jnrbayano:

"Highly sort after"

"Highly sought" Ok thanks....
Re: Should I Quit My Present Job For A Federal Government Job? by mickey45: 8:13am On Aug 21, 2015
jnrbayano:

"Highly sort after"

"Highly sought" Ok thanks....
Re: Should I Quit My Present Job For A Federal Government Job? by jnrbayano(m): 8:14am On Aug 21, 2015
mickey45:

"Highly sought"
Ok thanks....

Yeah
Re: Should I Quit My Present Job For A Federal Government Job? by JerryJude(m): 9:37am On Aug 21, 2015
PapaNnamdi:
how come you people get all the jobs sef, pesin dey find work since e nor see and una wey get still de get more, pls carry ur dilema else where, i dey vex

guy u dey vex ooooooooo grin grin grin grin
Re: Should I Quit My Present Job For A Federal Government Job? by kinstunfad: 11:14am On Aug 21, 2015
rofemiguwa:
Govt teaching hospital, ur salary can't be more than 100k. E too try 120k. Infact am almost sure as an engineer in d hospital u will start with 70 _ 90k . That range. Then u have to wait every 3yrs before u get. Promotion if there is vacancy ofcourse. Then u get addition 15k. Every year u add a step and get 3k. There is no housing allowance, wardrobe allowance , car and what have you. Thanks for the info! I actually nurse political ambition, so I thought the fed govt job will be a platform to begin from, as per the Pay, thanks for enlightening me. I actually earn above 200k here in the construction firm. So dis FG pay no fit make sense be that.

You will leave a slow and steady life.

Pros you can close by 4 and u can always liaise with ur colleague to go do ur outside runs.

Or u can connive with odrs and sell govt disel .hehehehehe. That was a joke.

Okay oga I don't know how much they pay u in the firm u are, but this is the exact situation. Coming from someone in the system.

So make ur choice.
Re: Should I Quit My Present Job For A Federal Government Job? by kinstunfad: 6:59pm On Aug 21, 2015
olowodaddy:
Kai see people dying for a job I want to quit. And nobody has. So far answered the question. Coming from a construction company I guess U r not a medical person so U will be entering at Conhess 7. Ur take home should be btw 105k & 115k. I know u thought its 300k. For ur info a director in the civil service takes home just above 300k, that's after almost 30 years in service. Is that your vision? And get ready to survive without pay for at least d first 3 months (that's how long it takes to get u into the payroll).
Forget FG jobs, this job security rubbish makes U mentally lazy. There was a way the so called insecurity moved me to create my own security when I was in private. But all that disappeared when I became a civil servant, afterall salary will always come. Leaving private to FG is the biggest career mistake I ever made. I'm in the process of unmaking that mistake.
God bless you Bro for the info! Happy to hear your side of the story!
Re: Should I Quit My Present Job For A Federal Government Job? by ken13: 11:23am On Aug 22, 2015
persius555:
Just to add to his point. You are about to become redundant and unproductive to the nation.All what civil servants care about is promotion and salary increase. That is what civil service is all about here in nigeria.
There are still civil servants who make huge differences and contribute their quota to the development of the nation. So it's up to him to decide not to follow the bandwagon.
Re: Should I Quit My Present Job For A Federal Government Job? by hugochuks60(m): 6:58pm On May 27, 2017
persius555:
Just to add to his point. You are about to become redundant and unproductive to the nation.All what civil servants care about is promotion and salary increase. That is what civil service is all about here in nigeria.

u av a serious point here o. op take note, u can always get a fed gov job irrespective of ur age, but take note, jobs in well paid construction firms r for young blood within d ages of 23 to33, above that age, getting a company job is no longer possible, so think wisely, use ur youth to gather experience n make d cash in d private sector while u develop ur instincts, after which u can resign n get d so-called government job that makes u lazy n redundant, sometimes u will wonder y u r coming to work or wat u r even doing. I will advice u to pray about it n think about it, ur career, life after 60yrs, starting ur own biz n co. f.g jobs give security for guys who don't want to be productive, company gives job security for hard working young men. u av a choice to make. never start ur career with civil service as n engineer, except its nnpc, nlng, ncc. but u can complete the later part of ur life with it. if u r still young n ur construction coy pays higher than 180k, pls remain with it till u get older then u can take a rest by joining one of the ministry of works cos u r n engineer.

1 Like

Re: Should I Quit My Present Job For A Federal Government Job? by hugochuks60(m): 7:03pm On May 27, 2017
the way u guys praise f.g jobs is funny ooo. some coys pay gratuity but they call it pay off. Nestlé n co do that. most oil coy pay gratuity n even pay some form of remuneration to u after u leave for 10yrs I.e. if u retired there o.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Choosing Between Fg Job And Coca-cola Job / Tell Us About Your Experience As A Contract Staff Member (Outsourcing) / Photo Of A Disable Man Plastering A House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.