Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,755 members, 7,827,797 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:08 PM

Buhari Sacks FIRS Chairman Appoints Babantunde Fowler As Replacement - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Sacks FIRS Chairman Appoints Babantunde Fowler As Replacement (39408 Views)

70% Of June Allocation From Non-oil Sector – FIRS Chairman Tunde Fowler / Audu’s Supporters Push For Son As Replacement In Kogi Governorship Poll / Buhari Sacks His CSO, Appoints Usman As Replacement- Theeagleonline.com (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Sacks FIRS Chairman Appoints Babantunde Fowler As Replacement by socialmediaman: 6:19pm On Aug 20, 2015
AreaFada2:
Good idea. But the free oil billions, what have they achieved with them? This is a country without social welfare system, yet they cannot provide basic necessity: light, water, security, education, health care, roads, etc. Because of Fashola's "one-eyed king in the land of the blind " performance in Lagos, people were more ready, albeit grudgingly, to pay taxes. When Fed govt, NASS and governors start using our money sensibly and wisely to bring development, people will be ready to pay tax.

Era of impunity is over. That's why you're seeing these reforms. Now government can take care of its citizens and provide services. This man shot up Lagos IGR from 1 billion to 20 billion, imagine what Nigeria's IGR will shoot up to from about 2 trillion! Government has been shortchanging us all these years with lousy tax systems, things have to change, that's the only way out nation can grow

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Sacks FIRS Chairman Appoints Babantunde Fowler As Replacement by socialmediaman: 6:22pm On Aug 20, 2015
Kay17:

And the property taxes get to strangle the middle class and what's left of the "proletariat"

Not it won't, you pay those extra taxes for excess properties you have. If you have one property, you pay your normal property tax based on certain specifications, but if you decide to own more than one, that means you're rich, then you pay extra taxes accordingly.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Sacks FIRS Chairman Appoints Babantunde Fowler As Replacement by wexyee: 6:22pm On Aug 20, 2015
Captainswag225:
baba dulltins will take 6 years hiring and firing forgetting he has jux a 4 year mandate..... Tick tock, time is going, we are still waiting for 1 naira= 1 dollar.
e pain this wailer shocked

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Sacks FIRS Chairman Appoints Babantunde Fowler As Replacement by Happiness87(f): 6:25pm On Aug 20, 2015
there is a way you can register and have assess your add profiles and edit

https://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Terms_of_Use

This is a summary of the Terms of Use. To read the full terms, scroll down or click here.

Terms of Use

Wikimedia-logo.svg
This is a human-readable summary of the Terms of Use.
Disclaimer: This summary is not a part of the Terms of Use and is not a legal document. It is simply a handy reference for understanding the full terms. Think of it as the user-friendly interface to the legal language of our Terms of Use.

Part of our mission is to:

Empower and Engage people around the world to collect and develop educational content and either publish it under a free license or dedicate it to the public domain.
Disseminate this content effectively and globally, free of charge.

You are free to:

Read and Print our articles and other media free of charge.
Share and Reuse our articles and other media under free and open licenses.
Contribute To and Edit our various sites or Projects.

Under the following conditions:

Responsibility – You take responsibility for your edits (since we only host your content).
Civility – You support a civil environment and do not harass other users.
Lawful Behavior – You do not violate copyright or other laws.
No Harm – You do not harm our technology infrastructure.
Terms of Use and Policies – You adhere to the below Terms of Use and to the applicable community policies when you visit our sites or participate in our communities.

With the understanding that:

You License Freely Your Contributions – you generally must license your contributions and edits to our sites or Projects under a free and open license (unless your contribution is in the public domain).
No Professional Advice – the content of articles and other projects is for informational purposes only and does not constitute professional advice.
sukkot:
very true. i was just shocked to see him on wiki. didn't know his sphere of influence was that global wink wink wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Sacks FIRS Chairman Appoints Babantunde Fowler As Replacement by eluquenson(m): 6:26pm On Aug 20, 2015
Jagaban of Africa working, am sure Buhari will have most of the best hands in his govt

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Sacks FIRS Chairman Appoints Babantunde Fowler As Replacement by chris81964(m): 6:26pm On Aug 20, 2015
socialmediaman:

Era of impunity is over. That's why you're seeing these reforms. Now government can take care of its citizens and provide services. This man shot up Lagos IGR from 1 billion to 20 billion, imagine what Nigeria's IGR will shoot up to from about 2 trillion! Government has been shortchanging us all these years with lousy tax systems, things have to change, that's the only way out nation can grow

To make up for the deficit in the budget from falling oil, taxes have to rise. Nigeria has one of the lowest tax collection rates. The economist and FT had predicted that tax collections needed to improve to help Nigeria diversify her revenue base from oil. This is potentially a welcome development.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Sacks FIRS Chairman Appoints Babantunde Fowler As Replacement by alexdan1881: 6:26pm On Aug 20, 2015
hemartins:
one day I will be first to comment on first page. lol.
But u are the first to comment on next page. lol keep trying

1 Like

Re: Buhari Sacks FIRS Chairman Appoints Babantunde Fowler As Replacement by holysina(m): 6:27pm On Aug 20, 2015
good news, the man did well in lagos, I pray he succeeds with the type of battle he will face now. we need more able hands to rebuild nija

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Sacks FIRS Chairman Appoints Babantunde Fowler As Replacement by PassingShot(m): 6:27pm On Aug 20, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:

You should have known by now, I weigh every line I put out here on Nairaland. People that understand my comments, read and moved on. Sorry! I won't edit! Stay blessed dear!
No issues. Take care.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Sacks FIRS Chairman Appoints Babantunde Fowler As Replacement by OrlandoOwoh(m): 6:28pm On Aug 20, 2015
HBP for the wailing wailers.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Sacks FIRS Chairman Appoints Babantunde Fowler As Replacement by alexdan1881: 6:29pm On Aug 20, 2015
Nice one PMB, the dude good work in Lagos calls for his promotion from LIRS to FIRS.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Sacks FIRS Chairman Appoints Babantunde Fowler As Replacement by Faheedat: 6:32pm On Aug 20, 2015
Babatunde,
pls ensure that you block the leakages in the FIRS with immediate effect.Imagine only the property taxes in FCT is enough to make Abuja a mega city.WITH THE ALLOCATION RUNING TO BILLION BUT NOTHING TO SHOW FOR IT.Is Abuja a unity city at all. Imagine all the empty duplex in Abuja where as no Low cost houses for common man.The hotel prices for you to do one thing or other in Abuja is beyond common man. Even all the vacant plots need to pay tax for us to move forward.
Sai Buhari

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Sacks FIRS Chairman Appoints Babantunde Fowler As Replacement by socialmediaman: 6:35pm On Aug 20, 2015
chris81964:

To make up for the deficit in the budget from falling oil, taxes have to rise. Nigeria has one of the lowest tax collection rates. The economist and FT had predicted that tax collections needed to improve to help Nigeria diversify her revenue base from oil. This is potentially a welcome development.

Yes, welcome development. Firstly, FIrS staff have been in the business of helping companies under-declare taxes for bribes, this is the case with customs and ports authorities too. That's why these jobs are very rewarding. The FIrs management was lousy with taxes and tax reforms, companies rarely fulfil their obligations with the help of tax staff, all these impunity have to stop for our nation to develop. This man is very aggressive with his revenue generation policies. Hope he delivers for the benefit of Nigeria.

6 Likes

Re: Buhari Sacks FIRS Chairman Appoints Babantunde Fowler As Replacement by Rotimi47: 6:36pm On Aug 20, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:
lalasticlala it is confirmed! Tinubu Wins Again!

All those big private companies that have been evading Tax because they have friends in Abuja ... FOWLER will tax your life out...

Tinuba Is Indeed My Mentor!
Na to shout why him but by the time he finish with them they will have no choice than to pay all the tax they have evade but to think of it, some CAPITAL MUMU will say Tinubu and the Yorubas are losing out. Smh for them.
Re: Buhari Sacks FIRS Chairman Appoints Babantunde Fowler As Replacement by modath(f): 6:38pm On Aug 20, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:
This Kind news fit break somebody down!

Owobokiri and Chukwudi44 make sure you get close to the clinic before attempting to open this thread!

Have 3 orijin on my dime, you too gbaski. .. if not for LBK, i for like join you.... cheesy

@Barcanista, how did you take the news?? smileybelieve u go don nearly compose the usual bad belle epistle wey u dey write on this Tinubu /Fowler connection.....

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Sacks FIRS Chairman Appoints Babantunde Fowler As Replacement by Kay17: 6:39pm On Aug 20, 2015
socialmediaman:

Not it won't, you pay those extra taxes for excess properties you have. If you have one property, you pay your normal property tax based on certain specifications, but if you decide to own more than one, that means you're rich, then you pay extra taxes accordingly.
But if I buy the properties in the names of my family members, friends and artificial trusts, the people left to bear the burden of the tax will be the ordinary struggling man.
Re: Buhari Sacks FIRS Chairman Appoints Babantunde Fowler As Replacement by sage2(m): 6:40pm On Aug 20, 2015
With this, I can assure you that Baba has tactically pave way for a northerner to emarge as the next customs boss. He has to slide this one in between to not let it look too obvious. Because the customs boss is likely the next appointment in line

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Sacks FIRS Chairman Appoints Babantunde Fowler As Replacement by Rotimi47: 6:41pm On Aug 20, 2015
PassingShot:

Dear, is it about Tinubu or about us?

Given what the man achieved in Lagos, this is a very good appointment.
Nice comment; thumbs up.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Sacks FIRS Chairman Appoints Babantunde Fowler As Replacement by PassingShot(m): 6:46pm On Aug 20, 2015
Rotimi47:
Nice comment; thumbs up.
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Sacks FIRS Chairman Appoints Babantunde Fowler As Replacement by Seadove70(m): 6:49pm On Aug 20, 2015
Dat is y I like buhari

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Sacks FIRS Chairman Appoints Babantunde Fowler As Replacement by yemmynoni: 6:49pm On Aug 20, 2015
Captainswag225:
baba dulltins will take 6 years hiring and firing forgetting he has jux a 4 year mandate..... Tick tock, time is going, we are still waiting for 1 naira= 1 dollar.
by their words we shall know them,...

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Sacks FIRS Chairman Appoints Babantunde Fowler As Replacement by socialmediaman: 6:49pm On Aug 20, 2015
Kay17:
But if I buy the properties in the names of my family members, friends and artificial trusts, the people left to bear the burden of the tax will be the ordinary struggling man.

If you buy properties with the names of your relatives and they do not pay the taxes, your properties are revoked and sold back to the public, it's your loss not theirs. By the way If you decide to buy Hummer SUV for your son who's still a student, who will be fueling the car as well as servicing and repairing it? Its you isn't it?

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Sacks FIRS Chairman Appoints Babantunde Fowler As Replacement by koboko69: 6:50pm On Aug 20, 2015
PassingShot:

Dear, is it about Tinubu or about us?

Given what the man achieved in Lagos, this is a very good appointment.

U dey use dear for our niggar. I dey suspect u ooo cheesy
Re: Buhari Sacks FIRS Chairman Appoints Babantunde Fowler As Replacement by dabossman(m): 6:57pm On Aug 20, 2015
Happiness87:
It was under his tenure that Alpha Beta, a tax audit agency allegedly owned by Bola Tinubu, consulted for LIRS. according to the consultancy contract, one of the terms were that Alpha Beta will be paid an undisclosed percentage from IGR as consultancy fee monthly, hence making Asiwaju Bola Tinubu the Landlord of Lagos state.
Although shortly before the general elections, Fowler resigned his appointment in a bid to contest for the gubernatorial seat on the platform of All Progressives Congress (APC) in Lagos state in 2015, but was allegedly promised a juicy position if he stepped down, which he did.

Here are the possible permutations if William Babatunde Fowler becomes the new FIRS chairman;

Tunde Fowler would have been successfully compensated for stepping down Ambode
Fowler will in his bid to increase IGR will initiate the tax regime and template he used in Lagos where even a pure water and gala seller will pay tax daily from his small income. He may employ Alpha Beta, a tax audit agency owned by Bola Tinubu, thereby making Bola Tinubu Landlord of Nigeria. This could be Buhari's compensation to Tinubu for his support to his campaigns.

Not really interested in the conspiracy theories. I just want to get the "landlord" bit clearly. So, if I appoint a consultant to handle a part of my business (say marketing or revenue collection) and pay him a percentage of what he brings in, that suddenly makes him the CEO of my company? Just asking o! Trying to understand this business model correctly. Shouldn't it be that he is the biggest contractor or service provider? But Landlord?

6 Likes

Re: Buhari Sacks FIRS Chairman Appoints Babantunde Fowler As Replacement by olayinkaj2(m): 7:02pm On Aug 20, 2015
FIRS need change too, so many things needs to be checked in the system because the figure they will generate for you as liability will always be different from what you make as turnover in one year. As long as you are not hiding anything and all your documentations are right, they should be able to give you a breakdown of how they come about the figures, but trust me, they wouldn't show you meaning there is an imbalance, give tax clearance they will refuse, coming up with different things that is not necessary. FIRS need bleach for proper cleaning. There should be a policy and sanctions for all companies that deduct WHT, VAT from their customers and refuse to remit to the government.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Sacks FIRS Chairman Appoints Babantunde Fowler As Replacement by airmark(m): 7:03pm On Aug 20, 2015
Horlawoomey:
I Something is fishy here!

Then jump into the sea and bring us the fish.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Sacks FIRS Chairman Appoints Babantunde Fowler As Replacement by Happiness87(f): 7:07pm On Aug 20, 2015
Then what was the job of LIRS, what did Alpha eta bring in
dabossman:

Not really interested in the conspiracy theories. I just want to get the "landlord" bit clearly. So, if I appoint a consultant to handle a part of my business (say marketing or revenue collection) and pay him a percentage of what he brings in, that suddenly makes him the CEO of my company? Just asking o! Trying to understand this business model correctly. Shouldn't it be that he is the biggest contractor or service provider? But Landlord?
Re: Buhari Sacks FIRS Chairman Appoints Babantunde Fowler As Replacement by OAMMB(f): 7:08pm On Aug 20, 2015
Tunde fowler the new boss FIRS .....Dear companies if you want to remain in business start paying your taxes...This man don't play.
Change is here for real.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Sacks FIRS Chairman Appoints Babantunde Fowler As Replacement by babestella: 7:12pm On Aug 20, 2015
Sahara reporter has news concerning this Fowler of a man. One of his certificate is "fake"

Re: Buhari Sacks FIRS Chairman Appoints Babantunde Fowler As Replacement by cabaliciouscabal: 7:24pm On Aug 20, 2015
Wailing Wailers Ow Market,? Tot Ur Views Ar Dat Tinubu Has Lost Out, Even Saraki The Senate President Cannot Evade Tax Or Else He Will Face The Law. Now It Is A Case Of Who Owns D Land. RESPECT JAGABAN.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Sacks FIRS Chairman Appoints Babantunde Fowler As Replacement by NgeneUkwenu(f): 7:28pm On Aug 20, 2015
modath:

Have 3 orijin on my dime, you too gbaski. .. if not for LBK, i for like join you.... cheesy

@Barcanista, how did you take the news?? smileybelieve u go don nearly compose the usual bad belle epistle wey u dey write on this Tinubu /Fowler connection.....

cheesy

Thanks dear! We will continue to shame them!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Sacks FIRS Chairman Appoints Babantunde Fowler As Replacement by Horlawoomey(m): 7:37pm On Aug 20, 2015
rusher14:

University of Wisconsin, Whitewater and the California State University, Los Angeles.

Source:http://www.lirs.gov.ng/mr-babatunde-fowler-full-resume/

Thanks for the clarification, I was not comfortable seeing those petty allegations against the man cos I don't want anything that will dent the image of the President.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Goodluck Jonathan And His Wife In High Spirits As They Arrive Rivers State. PICS / Yemi Osinbajo's Three Children: Damilola, Kiki And Fiyin Osinbajo (Photo) / Photos: President Buhari Arrives Germany

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.