Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,652 members, 7,816,677 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:59 PM

Buhari Sacks FIRS Chairman Appoints Babantunde Fowler As Replacement - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Sacks FIRS Chairman Appoints Babantunde Fowler As Replacement (39386 Views)

70% Of June Allocation From Non-oil Sector – FIRS Chairman Tunde Fowler / Audu’s Supporters Push For Son As Replacement In Kogi Governorship Poll / Buhari Sacks His CSO, Appoints Usman As Replacement- Theeagleonline.com (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Sacks FIRS Chairman Appoints Babantunde Fowler As Replacement by Horlawoomey(m): 7:39pm On Aug 20, 2015
obailala:
Wailers are liable to die young!

Even if the man has only primary 6 result, his excellent performance at the Lagos State revenue office precedes him. All you senseless wailers can kindly do us a favour and Gerrarra here!

The last thing I will become is a wailer, I post that write up here because I need clarification. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Sacks FIRS Chairman Appoints Babantunde Fowler As Replacement by PassingShot(m): 7:41pm On Aug 20, 2015
koboko69:

U dey use dear for our niggar. I dey suspect u ooo cheesy
Suspect ke. Nothing like that dear. grin
Re: Buhari Sacks FIRS Chairman Appoints Babantunde Fowler As Replacement by Aystarz: 7:52pm On Aug 20, 2015
Captainswag225:
baba dulltins will take 6 years hiring and firing forgetting he has jux a 4 year mandate..... Tick tock, time is going, we are still waiting for 1 naira= 1 dollar.

And while you wait, can you just do NL peeps, I mean sane NL folks, a favour by slipping into a coma? Your stupidity is nauseating.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Sacks FIRS Chairman Appoints Babantunde Fowler As Replacement by freshr4real(m): 8:27pm On Aug 20, 2015
Change we need has finally arived... But i stil dey under d unbrella of sha, contesting for councellor post in my ward
Re: Buhari Sacks FIRS Chairman Appoints Babantunde Fowler As Replacement by koboko69: 8:35pm On Aug 20, 2015
PassingShot:

Suspect ke. Nothing like that dear. grin

cheesy cheesy clown.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Sacks FIRS Chairman Appoints Babantunde Fowler As Replacement by ALISMILE(m): 9:06pm On Aug 20, 2015
Heeeeeyyyyyy! Shame on all d wailers! Shame on all The ethnic bigots on NL! Shame on all d detractors! Shame on all d Tanoids!All U iddiots can continue to doubt PMB but som of ddo believe in him!

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Sacks FIRS Chairman Appoints Babantunde Fowler As Replacement by Kay17: 9:26pm On Aug 20, 2015
socialmediaman:

If you buy properties with the names of your relatives and they do not pay the taxes, your properties are revoked and sold back to the public, it's your loss not theirs. By the way If you decide to buy Hummer SUV for your son who's still a student, who will be fueling the car as well as servicing and repairing it? Its you isn't it?

Because the properties are spread out across a number of names, a luxury tax will not accrue to the single rich man. Do you understand?
Re: Buhari Sacks FIRS Chairman Appoints Babantunde Fowler As Replacement by Laredojohn(m): 9:49pm On Aug 20, 2015
Lolz

Re: Buhari Sacks FIRS Chairman Appoints Babantunde Fowler As Replacement by socialmediaman: 9:49pm On Aug 20, 2015
Kay17:

Because the properties are spread out across a number of names, a luxury tax will not accrue to the single rich man. Do you understand?

Actually you could qualify for tax deductions if you rent out the other properties (homes) for instance, but I think you pay the full tax amount if you live in them or keep them vacant, so it's advisable you keep these properties in your name to enjoy such benefits. I don't know the rate at which the taxes on luxury properties (high priced properties) increase based on multiple ownership so I may not comment further on that, but the basic thing is, if you own multiple properties, you pay multiple taxes whether you spread out the names or not, but it even benefits you to keep them in your name if you want deductions especially if they're rented apartments.
Re: Buhari Sacks FIRS Chairman Appoints Babantunde Fowler As Replacement by zik4ever: 9:52pm On Aug 20, 2015
sage2:
With this, I can assure you that Baba has tactically pave way for a northerner to emarge as the next customs boss. He has to slide this one in between to not let it look too obvious. Because the customs boss is likely the next appointment in line
You may be right oh!. I have been watching the pattern. Make a South Westerner the Chief of Defence Staff and then appoint Northerners as National Security Adviser and Chief of Army Staff. Appoint Kachikwu as GMD NNPC and then Northerner as Executive Vice Chairman of Nigeria Communications Commission (NCC). Northerners are the Accountant-General of the Federation (AGF) and Director-General Budget office (Aliyu Yahaya Gusau was just appointed today). I expect that a way would be found to “manage” the appointment of a Petroleum Minister (afterall GMD NNPC is already from the South), or just run the Ministry through an Adviser/The Presidency. I don’t need to wait for the full cabinet list to know where the Minister of the FCT (Abuja) and a few strategic ones will come from. It will be a massive change if a Southerner or minority Northerner gets it! Actually, before you insult me, I do not condemn any of these appointments at all because they are not a surprise to me at all! By the way, I am not a wailing wailer but a watching winner!!
Re: Buhari Sacks FIRS Chairman Appoints Babantunde Fowler As Replacement by Nobody: 10:34pm On Aug 20, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:
lalasticlala it is confirmed! Tinubu Wins Again!

All those big private companies that have been evading Tax because they have friends in Abuja ... FOWLER will tax your life out...

Tinuba Is Indeed My Mentor!
I ve always know u are a Yoruba guy... buh y use an igbo moniker??
Re: Buhari Sacks FIRS Chairman Appoints Babantunde Fowler As Replacement by 83lagosroad(m): 10:40pm On Aug 20, 2015
greatest mistake buhari has made by allowing tinubu access anything finacial haaaaaaaaaas. haaaaaaaaaaa omase oooooooooo
Re: Buhari Sacks FIRS Chairman Appoints Babantunde Fowler As Replacement by prudentcy(m): 10:42pm On Aug 20, 2015
Nice one Mr President....he's the right man for the job.
Re: Buhari Sacks FIRS Chairman Appoints Babantunde Fowler As Replacement by olorunsogo1: 7:24am On Aug 21, 2015
socialmediaman:
FIRS needs serious Reforms and restructuring! They have been fraudulently shortchanging this country for quite some time. Tax reforms are needed in many sectors of the economy as well. People have to pay taxes for this country to generate better revenue, especially these high lifestyle rich people who buy properties here and there which they never use. Start paying property taxes.
I support your view. Corruption of highest order is in FIRS. They are just sucking Nigeria money like orange.
Re: Buhari Sacks FIRS Chairman Appoints Babantunde Fowler As Replacement by Nobody: 7:51am On Aug 21, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:
lalasticlala it is confirmed! Tinubu Wins Again!

All those big private companies that have been evading Tax because they have friends in Abuja ... FOWLER will tax your life out...

Tinuba Is Indeed My Mentor!

And the Tax will go to Tinubu's pocket..... PMB is gradually mortgaging Nigeria back to Tinubu and his boys
Re: Buhari Sacks FIRS Chairman Appoints Babantunde Fowler As Replacement by Nobody: 9:41am On Aug 21, 2015
Buhari once said it, that he was going to put in place a internal revenue generation board akin to that of Lagos State, at federal level. I think that's the intention of the move; baba, keep working while they keep praising gej. All we need is work kiss
Re: Buhari Sacks FIRS Chairman Appoints Babantunde Fowler As Replacement by oluwarantimi(f): 9:47am On Aug 21, 2015
He has 8years grin
Captainswag225:
baba dulltins will take 6 years hiring and firing forgetting he has jux a 4 year mandate..... Tick tock, time is going, we are still waiting for 1 naira= 1 dollar.
Re: Buhari Sacks FIRS Chairman Appoints Babantunde Fowler As Replacement by hob(m): 11:34am On Aug 21, 2015
chai,,,,our chairman don comot
Re: Buhari Sacks FIRS Chairman Appoints Babantunde Fowler As Replacement by sleek2tap: 12:53pm On Aug 21, 2015
A very good appointment. But why address him as Dr. Fowler when his doctorate is honorary?
Re: Buhari Sacks FIRS Chairman Appoints Babantunde Fowler As Replacement by joeyarticles: 9:00am On Apr 16, 2016
Nigerian Jobs - The FIRS Plans To Recruit New 1,250 Staff
I guess this is one of the federal government plan to create 100 million jobs for the Nigerian graduates.
http://www.prestnaija.com/nigerian-jobs-firs-plans-recruit-new-1250-staff/
Re: Buhari Sacks FIRS Chairman Appoints Babantunde Fowler As Replacement by Nobody: 9:13am On Apr 16, 2016
socialmediaman:
FIRS needs serious Reforms and restructuring! They have been fraudulently shortchanging this country for quite some time. Tax reforms are needed in many sectors of the economy as well. People have to pay taxes for this country to generate better revenue, especially these high lifestyle rich people who buy properties here and there which they never use. Start paying property taxes.

The problem is that there are tax laws but implementation is the problem
Re: Buhari Sacks FIRS Chairman Appoints Babantunde Fowler As Replacement by bazosky: 9:28am On Apr 16, 2016
[quote author=Horlawoomey post=37160402]I got this from Farooq Kperogi's Facebook wall. Its about Tunde Fowler.

After months of delays, ostensibly to properly vet his appointees, President Buhari just appointed somebody that may turn out to be a total fraud. He appointed a certain "Dr." William Babatunde Fowler as the Executive Chairman of the Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS). In a news release signed by Femi Adesina, this red flag appears on the man's qualifications:"Fowler, who holds an Honorary Doctorate Degree [sic] of the Irish International University, is a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Taxation of Nigeria and the Business Management Association of the United Kingdom." Well, Irish International University is a fraudulent, non-existent university ( seehttp://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/education/7175730.stm). Second, the Committee of Vice Chancellors in Nigeria has ruled that people with even legitimate honorary doctorates cannot prefix "Dr." to their names, as is the practice globally ( seehttp://www.farooqkperogi.com/.../finally-some-good-news...). I fear that if this Fowler's other qualifications are looked into, a big scandal may break out. His bachelor's degree, for instance, is said to be from the "University of Wisconsin" and his master's degree from "California State University." The trouble is, University of Wisconsin and California State University are multiple-campusuniversities; you can't just say you attended the University of Wisconsin without mentioning the location. The University of Wisconsin has 26 campuses, and California State
Re: Buhari Sacks FIRS Chairman Appoints Babantunde Fowler As Replacement by socialmediaman: 1:40pm On Apr 16, 2016
asuustrike2009:

The problem is that there are tax laws but implementation is the problem

Before even someone is appointed chairman, he should be interviewed to define his taxing policies and implementation strategies
Re: Buhari Sacks FIRS Chairman Appoints Babantunde Fowler As Replacement by Nobody: 1:57pm On Apr 16, 2016
socialmediaman:

Before even someone is appointed chairman, he should be interviewed to define his taxing policies and implementation strategies
There is no such laws that one must be interviewed
Re: Buhari Sacks FIRS Chairman Appoints Babantunde Fowler As Replacement by socialmediaman: 2:38pm On Apr 16, 2016
asuustrike2009:

There is no such laws that one must be interviewed

I mean interviewed by the president in company of a team
Re: Buhari Sacks FIRS Chairman Appoints Babantunde Fowler As Replacement by Nobody: 4:20pm On Apr 16, 2016
socialmediaman:

I mean interviewed by the president in company of a team
The law doesn't say so it's strictly by appointment probably based on merit

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

NDDC Board: Senate Rejects Three Of President Buhari's Nominees / A LASTMA Officer Humiliated By A Policeman At Ajah, Lagos. / "Garba Shehu Is My Boy" - Deji Adeyanju

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.