Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,811 members, 7,817,356 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:50 AM

A Thread For Foreign Or International News Discussion. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Thread For Foreign Or International News Discussion. (3508 Views)

Biafra::: Nnamdi Kanu Interview With International News Outlet Aljazira / National And International News / Buhari Has Abandoned Governance For Foreign Interests– Ayo Fayose (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Thread For Foreign Or International News Discussion. by Nobody: 6:49pm On Aug 20, 2015
I'm using this medium to plead with the Mods lalasticlala maclantunji Afam4eva Obinoscopy and Seun to please allow for foreign stories to grace FP. We need to also debate on what's going on outside the shores of our countries and do a comparative analysis with ours.

I will call on lovers of International news to post their news here let's see the ones that will grace FP.

We need to talk about the Middle East crises and the rise of ISIS and how countries are fuelling it with their actions and inactions.

The crises in CAR with it being on the verge of turning into another Somalia.

Greece financial Crises and how it should be mitigated

The tension brewing in China with the Tainjin explosion.

The US presidential Election vis-a-vis Donald Trump emergence as a strong contender

Let's go International.

Cc Mynd44, dearpreye, Candyrain, whynotthetruth, Gaborone, , barcanista, gbawe

6 Likes

Re: A Thread For Foreign Or International News Discussion. by agarawu23(m): 6:54pm On Aug 20, 2015
Nigeria forum will remain our local forum.

we have sites where you can read foreign news(CNN, BBC etc....).

though your idea is cool but I think this forum is meant for nja update and news.

2 Likes

Re: A Thread For Foreign Or International News Discussion. by Nobody: 6:58pm On Aug 20, 2015
agarawu23:

though your idea is cool but I think this forum is meant for nja update and news.
we need to keep updated about what is going on outside the shores of this country.

A lot of Nairalanders can tell you about Caitlyn Jenner in USA but they don't know the Capital of Greece.

The world is global Village

4 Likes

Re: A Thread For Foreign Or International News Discussion. by nigerianium: 6:58pm On Aug 20, 2015
PROVACATEUR:
I'm using this medium to plead with the Mods lalasticlala maclantunji Afam4eva Obinoscopy and Seun to please allow for foreign stories to grace FP. We need to also debate on what's going on outside the shores of our countries and do a comparative analysis with ours.

I will call on lovers of International news to post their news here let's see the ones that will grace FP.

We need to talk about the Middle East crises and the rise of ISIS and how countries are fuelling it with their actions and inactions.

The crises in CAR with it being on the verge of turning into another Somalia.

Greece financial Crises and how it should be mitigated

The tension brewing in China with the Tainjin explosion.

The US presidential Election vis-a-vis Donald Trump emergence as a strong contender

Let's go International.

Cc Mynd44, dearpreye, Candyrain, whynotthetruth, Gaborone, passingshot, barcanista, gbawe

Apart from maligning our image as fraudsters and terrorists, do Americans consider our national issues topical enough to be at the front burner of discussions?

Besides, our national issues are engaging enough and you should be glad young persons of the comtempary era are interested in how their futures are being shaped by participating in politicking off and on the cybersphere.

Visit m.bbc.com for such discussion but here, NIGERIAN issues top the list of our concerns.♦

2 Likes

Re: A Thread For Foreign Or International News Discussion. by Idrismusty97(m): 6:59pm On Aug 20, 2015
agarawu23:

Some international politics greatly affects our country and needs sound discussion. Like the Iran nuclear deal for example, Others calls for sober reflection like the Greece economy. But never mind, we don't even have sound minds, comments like "First to comments", "Hmmm", "K" and pointless memes would litter such topics.

3 Likes

Re: A Thread For Foreign Or International News Discussion. by Nobody: 7:01pm On Aug 20, 2015
nigerianium:

Apart from maligning our image as fraudsters and terrorists, do Americans consider our national issues topical enough to be at the front burner of discussions?

Besides, our national issues are engaging enough and you should be glad young persons of the comtempary era are interested in how their futures are being shaped by participating in politicking off and on the cybersphere.

Visit m.bbc.com for such discussion but here, NIGERIAN issues top the list of our concerns.♦
I think Idrismusty97 reply should answer this your comment.

Thanks
Re: A Thread For Foreign Or International News Discussion. by agarawu23(m): 7:01pm On Aug 20, 2015
PROVACATEUR:
we need to keep updated about what is going on outside the shores of this country.

A lot of Nairalanders can tell you about Caitlyn Jenner in USA but they don't know the Capital of Greece.

Idrismusty97:
Some international politics greatly affects our country and needs sound discussion. Like the Iran nuclear deal for example. But never mind, we don't even sound minds, comments like "First to comments", "Hmmm", "K" and pointless memes would litter such topics.
that's it, just be lucky if such thread have 3 comments

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Foreign Or International News Discussion. by uniklinkum(m): 7:04pm On Aug 20, 2015
I don't know why international news stories don't make front page anymore. Back in the days when we always have endless discussion on the artillery capabilities of major world power countries and the intrigues of international diplomacy. Anyways the forum has gone to the dogs.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Foreign Or International News Discussion. by owobokiri(m): 7:04pm On Aug 20, 2015
Makes sense
Re: A Thread For Foreign Or International News Discussion. by Nobody: 7:05pm On Aug 20, 2015
International news goes a long way to shape our own domestic policies from Trade, Security, Economy, Religeon, culture, Social etc

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Foreign Or International News Discussion. by Lanceslot(m): 7:06pm On Aug 20, 2015
PROVACATEUR:

This is Nairaland/NigeriaLand.... You want to keep up with the kardashians? Go to LIB or other sites, this place is exclusively for naija news.
Re: A Thread For Foreign Or International News Discussion. by uniklinkum(m): 7:07pm On Aug 20, 2015
Lanceslot:
This is Nairaland/NigeriaLand.... You want to keep up with the kardashians? Go to LIB or other sites, this place is exclusively for naija news.

When did discussion about international policies becomes celebrity gossip. Some of you guys need comprehensive lesson on critical reasoning.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Thread For Foreign Or International News Discussion. by Nobody: 7:08pm On Aug 20, 2015
agarawu23:

that's it, just be lucky if such thread have 3 comments
we ve got a lot of people who are ready to contribute a lot to Intl news. It will be the best thing to come on board again.

Do you prefer to discuss about Iran Nuclear deal or Tonto Dike Engagement party?
Re: A Thread For Foreign Or International News Discussion. by Nobody: 7:10pm On Aug 20, 2015
Lanceslot:
You ve been given a fine reply by uniklinkum.

Who cares about a Kim K when I can talk about how Donald Trump presidentail ambition could be a Doomsday for Africa
Re: A Thread For Foreign Or International News Discussion. by uniklinkum(m): 7:11pm On Aug 20, 2015
PROVACATEUR:
we ve got a lot of people who are ready to contribute a lot to Intl news. It will be the best thing to come on board again.

Do you prefer to discuss about Iran Nuclear deal or Tonto Dike Engagement party?

Why are the Israelis and Saudis throwing unnecessary tantrums on the nuclear deal. Those guys are the major doofus hindering peace in the middle east, satanyanhu keep making the two state solution impossible with further incursion into east Jerusalem and approving more settlements into Palestinian territories.
Re: A Thread For Foreign Or International News Discussion. by uniklinkum(m): 7:13pm On Aug 20, 2015
PROVACATEUR:

I don't want to believe that clown is a major contender for the POTUS, indeed the yanks and the world is in for deep shiiit.
Re: A Thread For Foreign Or International News Discussion. by Damalex4luv(m): 7:16pm On Aug 20, 2015
Nice view
Re: A Thread For Foreign Or International News Discussion. by nigerianium: 7:16pm On Aug 20, 2015
Idrismusty97:
Some international politics greatly affects our country and needs sound discussion. Like the Iran nuclear deal for example. But never mind, we don't even sound minds, comments like "First to comments", "Hmmm", "K" and pointless memes would litter such topics.

Wrong. Nairaland is one of MANY forums.

Do you visit m.bbc.com website and Facebook page (for example) regularly? Well, I do. I argue with people of all races there to broaden my worldview amongst other reasons.

Each country has forums that are indigenious to them.

There's www.bbc.co.uk which focuses on British issues mostly.

Nairaland serves its purpose as a NIGERIAN forum. Broaden your horizon. You don't expect to be 'fed' with everything on one site.

As for the jokers and clowns, they are ubiquitous. Check foreign news sites and you'd find them.♦
Re: A Thread For Foreign Or International News Discussion. by agarawu23(m): 7:18pm On Aug 20, 2015
PROVACATEUR:

grin grin grin
Re: A Thread For Foreign Or International News Discussion. by Nobody: 7:19pm On Aug 20, 2015
uniklinkum:

Why are the Israelis and Saudis throwing unnecessary tantrums on the nuclear deal. Those guys are the major doofus hindering peace in the middle east, satanyanhu keep making the two state solution impossible with further incursion into east Jerusalem and approving more settlements into Palestinian territories.
The Isrealis and Saudis are scared of what Iran can do. Iran are Shites which sees the Sunnis as enemies and also the Iran has never recognise the State of Isreal because they see it as EVIL just Like they see Saudi Arabia as Evil.

The Iranians are not Arabs and are sophisticated bunch who are not happy that they are being suppressed by the Isrealis.

A cold war is being played out btw the Saudis (sunnis) and the Iranians (shites) and they are using Yemen and Syria as their playing turf
Re: A Thread For Foreign Or International News Discussion. by nigerianium: 7:20pm On Aug 20, 2015
uniklinkum:

I don't want to believe that clown is a major contender for the POTUS, indeed the yanks and the world is in for deep shiiit.

You really believe that sexist and xenophobe without a political filter would be MADE President? They know his bad PR is bad news.♦
Re: A Thread For Foreign Or International News Discussion. by uniklinkum(m): 7:20pm On Aug 20, 2015
The coloured toys deprived kid throwing cheap shots at his lord, there is no need beating a dead wood. I know you scumwart have been looking for a come back after your bloodline was disgraced at the last outing. Man up and sign up for another evening of chopsand-esque beating.
Re: A Thread For Foreign Or International News Discussion. by uniklinkum(m): 7:22pm On Aug 20, 2015
PROVACATEUR:
The Isrealis and Saudis are scared of what Iran can do. Iran are Shites which sees the Sunnis as enemies and also the Iran has never recognise the State of Isreal because they see it as EVIL just Like they see Saudi Arabia as Evil.

The Iranians are not Arabs and are sophisticated bunch who are not happy that they are being suppressed by the Isrealis.

A cold war is being played out btw the Saudis (sunnis) and the Iranians (shites) and they are using Yemen and Syria as their playing turf

F***king proxy wars and uncle Sam will always turn blind eyes as long as the sheikhs keep pumping the crude to America. World politics and diplomacy is hypocrisy 101.
Re: A Thread For Foreign Or International News Discussion. by Idrismusty97(m): 7:23pm On Aug 20, 2015
nigerianium:

Wrong. Nairaland is one of MANY forums.

Do you visit m.bbc.com website and Facebook page (for example) regularly? Well, I do. I argue with people of all races there to broaden my worldview amongst other reasons.

Each country has forums that are indigenious to them.

There's www.bbc.co.uk which focuses on British issues mostly.

Nairaland serves its purpose as a NIGERIAN forum. Broaden your horizon. You don't expect to be 'fed' with everything on one site.

As for the jokers and clowns, they are ubiquitous. Check foreign news sites and you'd find them.♦
I visit those sites more for international news, I don't participate in their discussions tho. Sometimes you would want to hear Nigerians opinions on international politics and how it affects "OUR" country. No one would discuss how the Iran nuclear deal will shape Nigeria for us, No one would discuss how Greece financial crisis compares to ours. Can Nigeria replicate Ethiopia agricultural policy?(A country without a single drop of oil yet growing on a remarkable scale) Some international news needs discussion by Nigerians. Stop looking at the colonial lines drawn on maps for demarcation and start seeing the world as one big village...Greatly connected. Whatever that happens in any country look at how it affects your country or how we can learn from it.

2 Likes

Re: A Thread For Foreign Or International News Discussion. by Nobody: 7:25pm On Aug 20, 2015
uniklinkum:

if I'm to speak out without being sentimental, I will advocate for a Palestinian state as a solution to Isreal and Palestine conflict. The Isrealis are visitors there and they used superior power to displace the palestinians.

The major problem there is Jerusalem which houses an Islam holy site, Xtian holy site and Jewish Holy site.

Cc Rossike
Re: A Thread For Foreign Or International News Discussion. by uniklinkum(m): 7:26pm On Aug 20, 2015
nigerianium:

You really believe that sexist and xenophobe without a political filter would be MADE President? They know his bad PR is bad news.♦

The strongest contender from the dems Hillary got many convincing to do with her role in the murder of America ambassador to Libya. On how she failed to yield to vital warnings even with Intels at her disposal on the exploit of the ragheads.
Re: A Thread For Foreign Or International News Discussion. by DaBullIT(m): 7:26pm On Aug 20, 2015
Israeli Dolphin caught with communication device

Vladimir putin tries underwater gyroskate

Meteor landed in Iran

Woman throws tantrum fit for being dumped by boyfriend via text

SKorea fired back at NKorea

Israeli dome recieved mysterious upgrade

Imtech declared bankrupt

etc etc , non of them made FP
Re: A Thread For Foreign Or International News Discussion. by uniklinkum(m): 7:29pm On Aug 20, 2015
PROVACATEUR:
if I'm to speak out without being sentimental, I will advocate for a Palestinian state as a solution to Isreal and Palestine conflict. The Isrealis are visitors there and they used superior power to displace the palestinians.

The major problem there is Jerusalem which houses an Islam holy site, Xtian holy site and Jewish Holy site.

Cc Rossike

The injustice in Palestine is one of the factors fueling international terrorism that's a fact. But since uncle Sam and UN decide to turn a blind eye then this will continue till the end of time, I don't see a solution in the nearest future.

cc shymm3x and missy89.
Re: A Thread For Foreign Or International News Discussion. by nigerianium: 7:30pm On Aug 20, 2015
Idrismusty97:
I visit those sites more for international news, I don't participate in their discussions tho. Sometimes you would want to hear Nigerians opinions on international politics and how it affects "OUR" country. Nobody would discuss how the Iran nuclear deal will shape Nigeria for us, No one would discuss how Greece financial crisis compares to ours. Some things needs discussion by Nigerians.

Trust me, WE discuss it. In our little gathering of intellectuals, in salons, on Nairaland... We do. These might not be popular topics here but we do.

Re: A Thread For Foreign Or International News Discussion. by Nobody: 7:32pm On Aug 20, 2015
uniklinkum:

F***king proxy wars and uncle Sam will always turn blind eyes as long as the sheikhs keep pumping the crude to America. World politics and diplomacy is hypocrisy 101.
I can tell you that the Arabs are being brainwashed by the Western power till this day. The Western powers are only after their oil and nothing more.

Why should American pump billions into an Afghanistan that has no Oil and allowed Somalia to deteoriate.
Re: A Thread For Foreign Or International News Discussion. by Liamm(m): 7:34pm On Aug 20, 2015
uniklinkum:
I don't know why international news stories don't make front page anymore. Back in the days when we always have endless discussion on the artillery capabilities of major world power countries and the intrigues of international diplomacy. Anyways the forum has gone to the dogs.
you registered in February 2015 and you're saying "back in the days"

Am I missing something here?
Re: A Thread For Foreign Or International News Discussion. by Nobody: 7:36pm On Aug 20, 2015
uniklinkum:

The injustice in Palestine is one of the factors fueling international terrorism that's a fact. But since uncle Sam and UN decide to turn a blind eye then this will continue till the end of time, I don't see a solution in the nearest future.

cc shymm3x and missy89.
Which Intl news media do you belive their news. Aljazeera, BBC, CNN, FOX, Presstv or CNBC

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FG Will Arrest Amaechi After GEJ's Victory- Wike Boasting Once Upon A Time / See The Crowd That Welcomed James Ibori At Oghara, Delta State (photos) / When Ipob Is Serious We Will Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.