Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,220 members, 7,818,756 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:34 AM

Elumelu’s Afriland Properties Responds To Termination Of Falomo Shopping Centre - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Elumelu’s Afriland Properties Responds To Termination Of Falomo Shopping Centre (22462 Views)

Democracy Coalition Reacts To NPA Contract Termination Of Atiku's Intels / Lagos State Transforming Falomo Under Bridge (Photos) / Ambode Terminates Falomo Shopping Centre Contract (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Elumelu’s Afriland Properties Responds To Termination Of Falomo Shopping Centre by gokay11(m): 7:26am On Aug 21, 2015
Aii
Re: Elumelu’s Afriland Properties Responds To Termination Of Falomo Shopping Centre by FrankValency(m): 7:28am On Aug 21, 2015
Dem bin wan kill my joy na Godwin...........
Re: Elumelu’s Afriland Properties Responds To Termination Of Falomo Shopping Centre by azzima(m): 7:32am On Aug 21, 2015
Great move by the Lagos State Government. Let him go and buy another property in Enugu......before they start bragging that they developed lagos. It should be Given to a Bona-fide Yoruba Lagosian developer. END of story!

3 Likes

Re: Elumelu’s Afriland Properties Responds To Termination Of Falomo Shopping Centre by Dbboy(m): 7:35am On Aug 21, 2015
stinggy:
Since Elumelu's company is among those at the receiving end of Ambo's action, I'm expecting outrage from some sycophants that supported this move earlier undecided

As you may know those sycophant were misled by your lies when your govt said such land was procured for 50million naira on a 50 yr basis rather than tell us the real truth that 50million was an expression of interest, so those sycophant are indeed right if the chose to change there position.

The Lagos state govt should live to its own agreement and allow the said deal scale since there was a memorandum of understanding,anything other than that would signal the said govt as not been business friendly which Lagos govt prophesy's.

1 Like

Re: Elumelu’s Afriland Properties Responds To Termination Of Falomo Shopping Centre by tellwisdom: 7:36am On Aug 21, 2015
OPCNAIRALAND:
Why cant Elumelu go and develop East?
With an investment of such huge amount it makes sense.that Biafra will never actualize, because money bags like.Elumelu will frustrate it in favor of their investment outside their fatherland.

1 Like

Re: Elumelu’s Afriland Properties Responds To Termination Of Falomo Shopping Centre by azzima(m): 7:37am On Aug 21, 2015
Having known the Biafrans very well,they will develop it and rent to ONLY Igbo companies. Kudos to Lagos State government.

4 Likes

Re: Elumelu’s Afriland Properties Responds To Termination Of Falomo Shopping Centre by Gravanno: 7:38am On Aug 21, 2015
aresa:
I don't even see the sense and wisdom in openly reversing your predecessor's policies, contracts and rubbishing his image and integrity especially since every negativity you dig up and thrown at him soils you yourself and the same political party you share..

Lagosians love BRF and they know quiet well that he delivered and I see them questioning Ambode's moves very very soon.

This is very very Unlagosian...
Fashola is a foool and stupidd to have approved such project in the first place.

This is why I voted for Ambode, all enemies of the yoruba people must be starved out. This fool should go to Biafra and invest.

Once again, Ffuck you Fashola.

4 Likes

Re: Elumelu’s Afriland Properties Responds To Termination Of Falomo Shopping Centre by chronique(m): 7:38am On Aug 21, 2015
God damn it! Do you know how to read at all? 50m was paid as an expression of interest cos the project is a JV. They are funding it solely with their funds and the govt has 35% holding in the project...
GudluckIBB:
Even if its build operate and transfer,50m Is too small for a 50 year lease.
Re: Elumelu’s Afriland Properties Responds To Termination Of Falomo Shopping Centre by MayorXB: 7:44am On Aug 21, 2015
GudluckIBB:
point of correction. The #50m is for the EOI (Expression Of Interest) it's not the yearly lease as you wrongly opined.

1 Like

Re: Elumelu’s Afriland Properties Responds To Termination Of Falomo Shopping Centre by abbey37(m): 7:48am On Aug 21, 2015
Ambo and his aides couldn't have been so dumb to cancel a deal of such magnitude without a cogent reason. I am certain the deal was shaddy or detrimental to the LASG.
Why not several other deals that were signed with various multi-nationals and groups?
BRF is the best governor lagos has ever had and that cannot make him 100% perfect cos he his human.
This has nothing to do with bad blood but wellbeing of lagos state.

Eko Oni Baje O

4 Likes

Re: Elumelu’s Afriland Properties Responds To Termination Of Falomo Shopping Centre by akinsmyk(m): 7:48am On Aug 21, 2015
GudluckIBB:

Did you read the post at all? The #50million Naira was just for expression of interest, isn't that too much? When the project iis completed before transfer, Lagos will still get 35% on interest for its land contribution asides that which would still be paid on tax. What more does Ambode want?

1 Like

Re: Elumelu’s Afriland Properties Responds To Termination Of Falomo Shopping Centre by Goke7: 7:48am On Aug 21, 2015
Dbboy:

As you may know those sycophant were misled by your lies when your govt said such land was procured for 50million naira on a 50 yr basis rather than tell us the real truth that 50million was an expression of interest, so those sycophant are indeed right if the chose to change there position.

The Lagos state govt should live to its own agreement and allow the said deal scale since there was a memorandum of understanding,anything other than that would signal the said govt as not been business friendly which Lagos govt prophesy's.

What a turn around from just because elumelu name was mentioned, tribalism will not get us anywhere in Nigeria, 'other tribes are corrupt but not my tribe'
Na wa o!

1 Like

Re: Elumelu’s Afriland Properties Responds To Termination Of Falomo Shopping Centre by JustCalMeDBoss(m): 7:52am On Aug 21, 2015
Imagine if 30billion naira is used to develop the ibo delta region. I have always supported these igbos but enuf is enuf they should stsart developing their own land that's the only way the would be respected.

3 Likes

Re: Elumelu’s Afriland Properties Responds To Termination Of Falomo Shopping Centre by loomer: 7:54am On Aug 21, 2015
Una neva see anything
Re: Elumelu’s Afriland Properties Responds To Termination Of Falomo Shopping Centre by emmatok(m): 7:55am On Aug 21, 2015
Like I said in the other thread on this issue, Lagos state will pay huge amount of money if they cancel this agreement with Afriland, because the project has started with man and machinery on site.

But why is Lagos state fighting over Falomu complex since, Afriland is handling the project from scratch to finish, and will still give Lagos state 30% stakes in the business.

1 Like

Re: Elumelu’s Afriland Properties Responds To Termination Of Falomo Shopping Centre by sharpman1(m): 8:06am On Aug 21, 2015
It seems the Jagaban is interested in this Falomo project, that's the only reason why I think the current Lagos state government will want to reverse what looks like a fantastic deal.

I am sorry for the Governor, he may be on a path that will eventually destroy him and his god father. He will give account after 4 years.
Re: Elumelu’s Afriland Properties Responds To Termination Of Falomo Shopping Centre by surefact: 8:06am On Aug 21, 2015
OPCNAIRALAND:
Why cant Elumelu go and develop East?
With an investment of such huge amount it makes sense.that Biafra will never actualize, because money bags like.Elumelu will frustrate it in favor of their investment outside their fatherland.
Why are you afraid of biafra actualization? I don't get it....will you loose something when igbos go? you people are too pathetic and make yourselves sound cowardly
Re: Elumelu’s Afriland Properties Responds To Termination Of Falomo Shopping Centre by Nobody: 8:15am On Aug 21, 2015
GudluckIBB:
you didn't read the story #50million was for EOI
Re: Elumelu’s Afriland Properties Responds To Termination Of Falomo Shopping Centre by tlops(m): 8:16am On Aug 21, 2015
cornoil:
Elumelu like others are investors who are only considered about their money b4 other things. This guy has many investment with direct dealings with the government, he doesn't send the so call Biafra. Elumelu that went all the way to USA because he wanted to have audience with Buhari.

The problem of most Nigerians/(Biafrans) is that they think the elite think like grassroot people. The elites don't care but they engage the grassroots in divisive politics, while loot d treasury.

Even if Biafrans actualised their dreams, their problems will not be solved.
Re: Elumelu’s Afriland Properties Responds To Termination Of Falomo Shopping Centre by deolu2000(m): 8:16am On Aug 21, 2015
GudluckIBB:
expression of an interest is the same as cost of bidding for a contract,wc in this case was 50m,they will on the long run spend 30b on the project,if the above scenario is right then tell me how afriland did any wrong.

2 Likes

Re: Elumelu’s Afriland Properties Responds To Termination Of Falomo Shopping Centre by getty02: 8:20am On Aug 21, 2015
[b][/b]
emmatok:
Like I said in the other thread on this issue, Lagos state will huge amount of money if they cancel this agreement with Afriland, because the project has started with man and machinery on site.

But why is Lagos state fighting over Falomu complex since, Afriland is handling the project from scratch to finish, and will still give Lagos state 30% stakes in the business.

Re: Elumelu’s Afriland Properties Responds To Termination Of Falomo Shopping Centre by alexlee50: 8:20am On Aug 21, 2015
GudluckIBB:
in a project which the developer is sourcing for 30b to fund, with the state government putting up nothing other than the land.

1 Like

Re: Elumelu’s Afriland Properties Responds To Termination Of Falomo Shopping Centre by grandstar(m): 8:22am On Aug 21, 2015
knostbrown01:
Ambode...The son of Godfather

The godfather wey don disown am. I mean, Fashola even brought someone to compete against his godfather's nominee! what a godson! cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Elumelu’s Afriland Properties Responds To Termination Of Falomo Shopping Centre by stevecantrell: 8:23am On Aug 21, 2015
thirty:
Gov ambode may not win this war. The war of indirectly insulting your predecessor. To bad for the beginning.

Oh plzzzzzz...What did Fashola do ?
Re: Elumelu’s Afriland Properties Responds To Termination Of Falomo Shopping Centre by stinggy(m): 8:23am On Aug 21, 2015
Dbboy:

My point is the information was sketchy before now and Ambode's resolve to cancel the agreement was(is) not a good decision.
But some folks were celebrating it, thinking Fashola has been harmed. Now they are changing mouth
Re: Elumelu’s Afriland Properties Responds To Termination Of Falomo Shopping Centre by wasiudvd(m): 8:34am On Aug 21, 2015
fr3do:

If the yeye past governments gave the Southeast seaport and airports, you think this will be happening?
You mean they should relocate the sea to the Southeast? or you wanted to say southsouth? And for Airport, Even the one in Enugu and Asaba is underutilized.

4 Likes

Re: Elumelu’s Afriland Properties Responds To Termination Of Falomo Shopping Centre by 400billionman: 8:37am On Aug 21, 2015
GudluckIBB:

Some people read but will never understand.

N50m is a non refundable fee called EOI, Expression of Interest. Which many companies may have paid but only one of them won the contract. Additionally, on completing the project, Lagos state will assume 35% equity ownership being compensation for land contribution to the project. After 50 years, full ownership reverts to the state. If you don't understand this one I wrote, then there is a problem somewhere. .

1 Like

Re: Elumelu’s Afriland Properties Responds To Termination Of Falomo Shopping Centre by teamchocolate: 8:39am On Aug 21, 2015
The land is everything in this equation, If elumelu doesn't think so, he shud go to enugu and go and do his project there...

alexlee50:
in a project which the developer is sourcing for 30b to fund, with the state government putting up nothing other than the land.

1 Like

Re: Elumelu’s Afriland Properties Responds To Termination Of Falomo Shopping Centre by Atlantian: 8:42am On Aug 21, 2015
I feel that Fashola has a controlling interest in the Afriland vehicle of the project. 50 million Naira is actually too small for a 50 years lease of that location at Falomo, Ikoyi. The landed property is worth over 2 billion Naira. Besides, in the JV, we cant fully be sure that the management of the complex when completed will be trasparent with the books. So, I believe that Lagos State Government should negotiate for $1m as expression of interest or simply terminate the partnership. Again, I see Fashola's interest in the project. Someone is remotely controlling Ambode no doubts. I touch the hands of Esau but hear the voice of Jacob.

1 Like

Re: Elumelu’s Afriland Properties Responds To Termination Of Falomo Shopping Centre by 989900: 8:42am On Aug 21, 2015
azzima:
Great move by the Lagos State Government. Let him go and buy another property in Enugu......before they start bragging that they developed lagos. It should be Given to a Bona-fide Yoruba Lagosian developer. END of story!

SMH
Re: Elumelu’s Afriland Properties Responds To Termination Of Falomo Shopping Centre by teamchocolate: 8:43am On Aug 21, 2015
Don't mind him, sit in geography class and learn they will not.. he thinks that cuz of that small river Niger, they can get a sea -port..
Lagos is unique, it borders on the Atlantic sea and that's why it has that kind of sea port.. SE is a landlocked region.. South south not rly..

wasiudvd:

You mean they should relocate the sea to the Southeast? or you wanted to say southsouth? And for Airport, Even the one in Enugu and Asaba is underutilized.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ibe Kachikwu Visits Exxonmobil Headquarters (Photos) / Obasanjo Forgives PDP After PDP Apologized – Aide / Elections Postponement: The Implications On The Common Nigerian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.