Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,057 members, 7,814,637 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:43 PM

A Light Review On The New Infinix Hot 2 Smartphone - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / A Light Review On The New Infinix Hot 2 Smartphone (3336 Views)

What Makes The New Infinix Smart 2 Pro Special? / Gaming Review On The Infinix Note 4 Pro (PICS) / Latest Injoo 2 Smartphone With Fingerprint Sensor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Light Review On The New Infinix Hot 2 Smartphone by Avero(m): 3:59am On Aug 21, 2015
Couldn't help but notice that there was no much review on nairaland of the new Infinix Hot 2 smartphone (the hottest one). REALEASED ON TUESDAY THIS WEEK. 18/08/2015

I decided to share this from a blog

Infinix Hot 2: First Impression And Spec Sheet

Thanks to Google’s Android one initiative,
Infinix becomes the first manufacturer to
launch Android one with the Infinix Hot 2. I
got a first-hand impression of the device at
the Andriod one launch event.
As speculated, the Infinix Hot 2 comes with an
Android 5.1 OS (Lollipop) which can be
upgradable to Android Marshmallow when
released.
It comes with a 5.0 inch (720 x 1280 pixels)
display and is powered by a 1.3 quad-core
MediaTek processor.
Updated: The Infinix Hot 2 also has 5 color
variants, black, white, blue, red, and gold,
though, I was only able to see the Black, white
and gold variant at the launch event.
It comes with a 16GB inbuilt storage that is
expandable via a MicroSD card (up to 32GB)
Given the fact that Android One is an initiative
that is meant to be affordable, Infinix Hot 2
features an 8MP rear camera with LED Flash
and a 2MP front facing camera with
autofocus.
As seen in the image below, the UI is pretty
much Android’s default UI and upon
navigating, I noticed that the transitions were
quite smooth with no noticeable lag, though,
you should be aware that there is nothing
installed on the device yet.
The phone has a glass protection on the back
and front and It also comes with a non-
removable 2200mAh battery.
The Infinix hot 2 is sold at N19,000, you can
see the detailed spec sheet below:
INFINIX HOT 2 SPECS
BATTERY
Release date
August 2015
Battery capacity (mAh)
Removable battery
No
Display
Screen size (inches)
Resolution
720×1280 pixels
Hardware
Processor
1.3GHz quad-core
RAM
1GB
Internal storage
16GB
Expandable storage
Yes
Expandable storage type
microSD
Expandable storage up to (GB)
Camera
Rear camera
8-megapixel
Flash
Yes
Front camera
2-megapixel
Software
Operating System
Android 5.1 upgradable to Android 6.0
Connectivity
Wi-Fi
Yes
NFC
No
Infrared
No
Wi-Fi Direct
No
MHL Out
No
HDMI
No
GSM/ CDMA
GSM
3G
Yes
4G/ LTE
No
Would you be getting the Infinix Hot 2?

Source :

Re: A Light Review On The New Infinix Hot 2 Smartphone by Avero(m): 4:04am On Aug 21, 2015

Re: A Light Review On The New Infinix Hot 2 Smartphone by Avero(m): 4:12am On Aug 21, 2015
The Infinix Hot 2 comes in two variants, the 1gb version, about 17.500 2gb version about 19.500 (available only in gold for now)
Re: A Light Review On The New Infinix Hot 2 Smartphone by Avero(m): 4:16am On Aug 21, 2015

Re: A Light Review On The New Infinix Hot 2 Smartphone by michhitman(m): 6:58am On Aug 21, 2015
Wah i just dont lyk is d on screen navigation...wish it was out side....a good buy tho...#teaminotepro.
Re: A Light Review On The New Infinix Hot 2 Smartphone by Nobody: 2:15am On Oct 07, 2015
Avero:
what's actually the difference between the 1GB and 2GB? apart from the fact that the 2GB might be a bit faster? any other differences like the OS, or battery life?
Re: A Light Review On The New Infinix Hot 2 Smartphone by alldrunsx: 9:06am On Oct 07, 2015
Avero:
Battery capacity (mAh)
Removable battery
No
Oga, ya review get k-leg o. D battery is actually removable.

2 Likes

Re: A Light Review On The New Infinix Hot 2 Smartphone by alldrunsx: 9:10am On Oct 07, 2015
michhitman:
Wah i just dont lyk is d on screen navigation...wish it was out side....a good buy tho...#teaminotepro.
Infact dis is d very first thing I saw as minus on dis baby. Dis simply chopped off considerable portion of d screen together wt d unnecessary thick border up & down
Re: A Light Review On The New Infinix Hot 2 Smartphone by alldrunsx: 9:12am On Oct 07, 2015
Zibitech:

what's actually the difference between the 1GB and 2GB? apart from the fact that the 2GB might be a bit faster? any other differences like the OS, or battery life?
Just in d ram response speed, d battery is same tho
Re: A Light Review On The New Infinix Hot 2 Smartphone by Nobody: 8:44am On Oct 08, 2015
alldrunsx:
Just in d ram response speed, d battery is same tho
thanks
Re: A Light Review On The New Infinix Hot 2 Smartphone by Avero(m): 7:02am On Oct 09, 2015
alldrunsx:
Oga, ya review get k-leg o. D battery is actually removable.

sorry about that, I bought the phone last months though it's quite nice
Re: A Light Review On The New Infinix Hot 2 Smartphone by Avero(m): 7:03am On Oct 09, 2015
alldrunsx:
Infact dis is d very first thing I saw as minus on dis baby. Dis simply chopped off considerable portion of d screen together wt d unnecessary thick border up & down

it goes out by itself, when your playing game or browsing,

(1) (Reply)

Is Glo Now Giving Unlimited Data / TECNO Camon 11 Pro Vs Infinix Hot 6 Pro Comparison / Nairaland And Free Basics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.