Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,867 members, 7,810,299 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:24 AM

The Dangers Of A Certificate-conscious Education System! - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Dangers Of A Certificate-conscious Education System! (20101 Views)

Kaduna Adopts Finland Education System; To Pay Teachers More – El-Rufai / The Implications Of The Lowered JAMB Cut Off Marks For Our Education System / Certificate Conscious Nigeria. How Far We Have Produced Graduate Dummies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Dangers Of A Certificate-conscious Education System! by Nobody: 10:38pm On Sep 18, 2015
hahn:

What do we have now?
the ears of a fraction of the nigerian youth. The current educational system. A nonchalant government. A few open minds.
What can we do with the above? I spend almost all of my time figuring it out.
Re: The Dangers Of A Certificate-conscious Education System! by bare1(m): 7:35am On Sep 19, 2015
hahn:

What do we have now?

Search inwards and you will see
Re: The Dangers Of A Certificate-conscious Education System! by hahn(m): 8:10am On Sep 19, 2015
bare1:

Search inwards and you will see

Brother, read the comment below. I was hoping for such an answer.

Teempakguy:
the ears of a fraction of the nigerian youth.
The current educational system.
A nonchalant government.
A few open minds.
What can we do with the above?
I spend almost all of my time figuring it out.

I believe that will be enough. Most people would have given me an answer like the one above.

The truth is we don't have much. Most people try to avoid that fact and it is impossible to solve a problem without first identifying it's source and accepting the situation as it is. Until we, the youth, are in power there is little we can do as regards implementation of good policies, accountability, integrity etc, which are lacking, from the government.

However, what we have is enough. The few open minds available as well as the ears of the "fraction" of the Nigerian youths are good for a start. Uniting these people under one cause should be the next step because most of these people are on their own. Many times when I meet enlightened Nigerians who understand the true situation of the country and are motivated to make a change, they always seem delighted to meet a like mind simply because it is often rare to come across such people.

The people with great potential are scattered across the nation and like the proverbial broom, we are divided. We need to first unite everyone one under one movement. A movement that is built on trust, integrity, accountability where no ONE MAN is above the rules and with a clearly thought through vision as to what should be achieved.

Dubai was developed by people who had the vision and the will. And financial power, of course. And it used to be a desert. undecided

Nigeria is still in it's crude form and only needs to be properly refined to reach it's potential.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Dangers Of A Certificate-conscious Education System! by bare1(m): 9:16am On Sep 19, 2015
hahn:

I believe that will be enough. Most people would have given me an answer like the one above.

The truth is we don't have much. Most people try to avoid that fact and it is impossible to solve a problem without first identifying it's source and accepting the situation as it is. Until we, the youth, are in power there is little we can do as regards implementation of good policies, accountability, integrity etc, which are lacking, from the government.

However, what we have is enough. The few open minds available as well as the ears of the "fraction" of the Nigerian youths are good for a start. Uniting these people under one cause should be the next step because most of these people are on their own. Many times when I meet enlightened Nigerians who understand the true situation of the country and are motivated to make a change, they always seem delighted to meet a like mind simply because it is often rare to come across such people.

The people with great potential are scattered across the nation and like the proverbial broom, we are divided. We need to first unite everyone one under one movement. A movement that is built on trust, integrity, accountability where no ONE MAN is above the rules and with a clearly thought through vision as to what should be achieved.

Dubai was developed by people who had the vision and the will. And financial power, of course. And it used to be a desert. undecided

Nigeria is still in it's crude form and only needs to be properly refined to reach it's potential.

There's a need for the solution for the root cause, without which we can only succeed to debate the general problem over and over again. Like the other poster said after restating problems we all should have known for some time now, "he spends almost all of his time figuring it out." At this juncture the answer to that question is what can I do right now towards the greater goal and this answer can only be found inwards, not from the government, the youths or the few open minds. When you find that answer, only then can you procreate more from it through a rubbing of open minds. We all have a part to play.
Re: The Dangers Of A Certificate-conscious Education System! by tammie24: 9:31am On Sep 19, 2015
francizy:

All this epistemological epistle just to demonstrate how important education is?
Make I hear say all my children no sabi 50 different skills (entrepreneurial inclusive) during their sec school and uni. undecided
Why bother to send them to secondary school and university since education is not important
Trying to understand the comment and what's important
Re: The Dangers Of A Certificate-conscious Education System! by bare1(m): 11:34am On Sep 19, 2015
tammie24:

Why bother to send them to secondary school and university since education is not important
Trying to understand the comment and what's important

Personally I won't. I'll give them education they need to be creators and by the time their mates are out of school, they'd already be creators and business owners.
Re: The Dangers Of A Certificate-conscious Education System! by hahn(m): 11:34am On Sep 19, 2015
bare1:

There's a need for the solution for the root cause, without which we can only succeed to debate the general problem over and over again. Like the other poster said after restating problems we all should have known for some time now, "he spends almost all of his time figuring it out." At this juncture the answer to that question is what can I do right now towards the greater goal and this answer can only be found inwards, not from the government, the youths or the few open minds. When you find that answer, only then can you procreate more from it through a rubbing of open minds. We all have a part to play.

I already have

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Dangers Of A Certificate-conscious Education System! by tammie24: 2:17pm On Sep 19, 2015
bare1:

Personally I won't. I'll give them education they need to be creators and by the time their mates are out of school, they'd already be creators and business owners.
And they won't be able to stand in the same place with those with formal education
I hope u don't make mistakes in future
Our imaginations are not always the best!
Re: The Dangers Of A Certificate-conscious Education System! by bare1(m): 2:33pm On Sep 19, 2015
tammie24:

And they won't be able to stand in the same place with those with formal education
I hope u don't make mistakes in future
Our imaginations are not always the best!

They don't need to do so, they'd be better off standing with like minds. It's better to stand alone than with the majority facing the wrong direction. I can mention many people who didn't go to school but those who did don't only wanna stand with them, but work for them as well. The only exception for school is if they'd rather be doctors or engineers.
Re: The Dangers Of A Certificate-conscious Education System! by bare1(m): 2:39pm On Sep 19, 2015
hahn:

I already have

I thought so. Have you found a realisation though that our problems can't be solved by talking about it? It's time for us to step up.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Dangers Of A Certificate-conscious Education System! by Nobody: 3:41pm On Sep 19, 2015
hahn:

very true. smiley
Re: The Dangers Of A Certificate-conscious Education System! by Nobody: 3:53pm On Sep 19, 2015
bare1:

I thought so. Have you found a realisation though that our problems can't be solved by talking about it? It's time for us to step up.
exactly!

The problem of Nigeria cannot be solved by talking about it. We have to do something. We have to take action.
Which is why I subscribe to dearpreye's ANT initiative, and in fact, I've been trying to download BBM so I can participate.
In the nearest future, I plan to organize competitions on this site or any other suitable place, the prize money coming from my own pocket. I always try to educate anybody I meet about the kind of mindset they should possess, and I greatly appreciate people like dear.preye who find the time to compile these into threads that eventually make front page.

I always try to let people know the true implication of a university education. It's all about the skill.
I am always happy when I find people with like minds, because they more we know ourselves, the louder our voice, and the more other people listen.

I do believe that within twenty years, if we play our cards right, we can accelerate the development of this country.

Good afternoon. smiley

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Dangers Of A Certificate-conscious Education System! by tammie24: 4:20pm On Sep 19, 2015
bare1:

They don't need to do so, they'd be better off standing with like minds. It's better to stand alone than with the majority facing the wrong direction. I can mention many people who didn't go to school but those who did don't only wanna stand with them, but work for them as well. The only exception for school is if they'd rather be doctors or engineers.
Well...
To each his own smiley

1 Like

Re: The Dangers Of A Certificate-conscious Education System! by Nobody: 4:46pm On Sep 19, 2015
Teempakguy:
exactly!

The problem of Nigeria cannot be solved by talking about it. We have to do something. We have to take action.
Which is why I subscribe to dearpreye's ANT initiative, and in fact, I've been trying to download BBM so I can participate.
In the nearest future, I plan to organize competitions on this site or any other suitable place, the prize money coming from my own pocket. I always try to educate anybody I meet about the kind of mindset they should possess, and I greatly appreciate people like dear.preye who find the time to compile these into threads that eventually make front page.

I always try to let people know the true implication of a university education. It's all about the skill.
I am always happy when I find people with like minds, because they more we know ourselves, the louder our voice, and the more other people listen.

I do believe that within twenty years, if we play our cards right, we can accelerate the development of this country.

Good afternoon. smiley

It's time to ACT. That's right.

I've never considered lecturing but my reason passion for personal development and zeal for a change of mindset in our YOUTHS is giving me a look into lecturing, though it could be on a part time basis. I just need a wider and bigger coverage. The current mindset of most youths portends grave dangers ahead as a nation.

My scientist friend, the ANT idea belongs to our creative brother, dfrost. My thread only pushed him into ACTION. I had to download BBM app fro the purpose of this movement. I want to see it succeed.

And for the brilliant comments and contributions from you all, there's no way some of these threads won't have hit front page. Seriously, I'm passionate about this change of mindset move. I will be taking it to major universities soonest. I just need to prepare adequately for it. I feel it's my life's purpose.

I've learned a lot from you since I started following you, though I hardly comment on your threads- I'm not too passionate about science shaaaa.....

Thanks for all your support and ideas. Our nation is blessed to have you for a citizen.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Dangers Of A Certificate-conscious Education System! by hahn(m): 6:31pm On Sep 19, 2015
bare1:

Truly our problems can't be solved by simply talking about it BUT every great plan starts with a discussion.

Share how you have been stepping up, please
Re: The Dangers Of A Certificate-conscious Education System! by Nobody: 9:24pm On Sep 19, 2015
dearpreye:

It's time to ACT. That's right.

I've never considered lecturing but my reason passion for personal development and zeal for a change of mindset in our YOUTHS is giving me a look into lecturing, though it could be on a part time basis. I just need a wider and bigger coverage. The current mindset of most youths portends grave dangers ahead as a nation.

My scientist friend, the ANT idea belongs to our creative brother, dfrost. My thread only pushed him into ACTION. I had to download BBM app fro the purpose of this movement. I want to see it succeed.

And for the brilliant comments and contributions from you all, there's no way some of these threads won't have hit front page. Seriously, I'm passionate about this change of mindset move. I will be taking it to major universities soonest. I just need to prepare adequately for it. I feel it's my life's purpose.

I've learned a lot from you since I started following you, though I hardly comment on your threads- I'm not too passionate about science shaaaa.....

Thanks for all your support and ideas. Our nation is blessed to have you for a citizen.
the feeling is very mutual! cheesy

Thank you very much. I'm speechless in fact. cheesy

Meanwhile, I'm totally in for it. Seeing other people working towards similar goals have shown me that it is indeed worth fighting for. I'm going back to the drawing board. smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Dangers Of A Certificate-conscious Education System! by bare1(m): 8:16am On Sep 20, 2015
hahn:

Truly our problems can't be solved by simply talking about it BUT every great plan starts with a discussion.

Share how you have been stepping up, please

I'm on a move to help people achieve their goals and objectives with a purpose to help them become leaders and nation builders. I will lend my voice to the federation any chance I get. Discussion helps to assess a plan but sometimes it prevents action. When everyone have started to do something, it can only be a motivation for discussions.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Dangers Of A Certificate-conscious Education System! by hahn(m): 8:49am On Sep 20, 2015
bare1:

I'm on a move to help people achieve their goals and objectives with a purpose to help them become leaders and nation builders. I will lend my voice to the federation any chance I get. Discussion helps to assess a plan but sometimes it prevents action. When everyone have started to do something, it can only be a motivation for discussions.

Spot on!

I totally agree

1 Like

Re: The Dangers Of A Certificate-conscious Education System! by dpacesetter(m): 8:55am On Sep 28, 2015
dearpreye:

I'll be more than glad to share them.
Try and get all of Jim Rohn books.
Also get some of Wayne Dyer books.
Darren Hardy books will do.
Just read biographies of great men.....
Thanks, more power to your elbow

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Godfrey Okoye University Bans Artificial Eyelashes, Fingernails, Tight Fittings / 1985 Average Primary School Fees Was N10 (ten Naira) / List Of State Universities In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.