Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,173 members, 7,829,191 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:17 PM

Any Difference Between Hell And Lake Of Fire? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Any Difference Between Hell And Lake Of Fire? (1213 Views)

Are Jehovah's Witnesses Afraid Of Hell/Lake Of Fire? / The Difference Between Hell And Hell Fire. / The Difference Between Hell, Sheol, Paradise And The Grave. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Any Difference Between Hell And Lake Of Fire? by Nobody: 10:12am On Aug 21, 2015
NB: For those of you who believe in the immortality of the soul and life after death only.

According to the words of the scripture (not your words or your Christian dogma), is there any difference between hell and lake of fire as used in the following verses.
'Then death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. This is the second death, the lake of fire. And if anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.' Revelation 20:14,15 and 'Because thou wilt not leave my soul in hell, neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption' Acts 2:27.

Can you believe there is a difference between these two (hell and hell) and still doubt the existence of another stop between heaven and earth? What if someone chose to call that stop a name? Does it negate the view of the gospel. Just asking? Because I think some members of the eternal body of Christ chose a name for that to differentiate the 'hell' (lake of fire) from the 'hell (where a soul will not be abandoned). Purgatory What do you think?
Re: Any Difference Between Hell And Lake Of Fire? by donwise1(m): 10:16am On Aug 21, 2015
embarassed
Re: Any Difference Between Hell And Lake Of Fire? by Nobody: 10:18am On Aug 21, 2015
Re: Any Difference Between Hell And Lake Of Fire? by Khd95(m): 10:24am On Aug 21, 2015
Wher are/is they/it located

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Any Difference Between Hell And Lake Of Fire? by Ezechiams(m): 10:31am On Aug 21, 2015
Hell is like a “beign”...The lake of fire is a place..hell and death will be cast into d lake of fire
Re: Any Difference Between Hell And Lake Of Fire? by Nobody: 10:33am On Aug 21, 2015
Khd95:
Wher are/is they/it located

I don't know. I knew not where I was before I came here. I am only grateful I came here and I anticipate a better place (heaven) when I die. I don't know where neither heaven, nor hell nor purgatory are. But I believe those exists as written in the prints of the holy scriptures.
Re: Any Difference Between Hell And Lake Of Fire? by Nobody: 10:44am On Aug 21, 2015
Thanks, Hell is a begin (of a journey to eternity) ..curious what of earth( a start)? ok forget I said that. But God is going to set free someone in hell? ... since hell will give up its hostages. according to Rev 20:13
And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works. and acts 2:27 (which was indeed a psalm of the man bible described as after God's own heart).
Ezechiams:
Hell is like a “beign”...The lake of fire is a place..hell and death will be cast into d lake of fire
Re: Any Difference Between Hell And Lake Of Fire? by Nobody: 11:31am On Aug 21, 2015
Won't you keep me safe in the afterlife? Conceal me until your anger subsides. Set an appointment for me, then remember me.
Job 14:13
Note: keep safe, afterlife, anger, remember and appointed time. (Why would anybody who believe in afterlife doubt than anger of God can subside and HE set a deadline) Eternity get deadline?

(1) (Reply)

10 Worst Mistakes Christians Make While Dating / Saudi Stamped Pictures / Where Do Little Children Go After Death; Heaven Or Hell?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.