Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,091 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:33 AM

Could This Be Right In The "House Of God" Or Is This Segregation???????????????? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Could This Be Right In The "House Of God" Or Is This Segregation???????????????? (1204 Views)

No Other God Or Allah But Your Conscience / Did Moses See God Or Was Timothy Wrong About No One Being Able To see God? / The Catholic Church May Be Right About Purgatory After All:near Death Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Could This Be Right In The "House Of God" Or Is This Segregation???????????????? by magicminister: 9:11am On Oct 10, 2015
A friend of mine invited me to a Night vigil yesterday. He has literally been disturbing me about it for almost 3 months now and i decided to give it a shot today. I must confess that the sermon was quite interesting and unlike me, i stayed through out the Vigil.

The part that got me was when the pastor asked those that have 100k offering and above to come out. A few people came out. He prayed for them, they made their offering and he asked them to go back.
Then he asked for those that have 80k offering and above.... this went on and on till it got to those with 10k offering.
Eventually he asked "the rest of us" that had insignificant amounts to come make our donations.

It got me wondering if such segregation is proper in the house of God!!
I have witnessed such act in several churches.

After the service, i told my friend that his pastor is just another charlatan.
Well, the argument that ensued is a story for another day!
Re: Could This Be Right In The "House Of God" Or Is This Segregation???????????????? by rawpadgin(m): 9:25am On Oct 10, 2015
same happened to me in one of the popular church in warri

dude started with a million naira down to 1k

i was the only one that refused to come out

the entire church was looking @ me like i came from pluto

but who cares, i aint falling for fraudsters

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Could This Be Right In The "House Of God" Or Is This Segregation???????????????? by tenderlaw(m): 9:25am On Oct 10, 2015
Usually when I'm in service and d pastor starts that trick, it signals that I'll not be making any offering that day. I'll just develop a very keen interest in Nairaland or Whatsapp on my phone. No time for nonsense.
Re: Could This Be Right In The "House Of God" Or Is This Segregation???????????????? by uboma(m): 10:15am On Oct 10, 2015
magicminister:
A friend of mine invited me to a Night vigil yesterday. He has literally been disturbing me about it for almost 3 months now and i decided to give it a shot today. I must confess that the sermon was quite interesting and unlike me, i stayed through out the Vigil.

The part that got me was when the pastor asked those that have 100k offering and above to come out. A few people came out. He prayed for them, they made their offering and he asked them to go back.
Then he asked for those that have 80k offering and above.... this went on and on till it got to those with 10k offering.
Eventually he asked "the rest of us" that had insignificant amounts to come make our donations.

Hahaha.

The kind of scam that occurs everyday in churches is alarming.
Re: Could This Be Right In The "House Of God" Or Is This Segregation???????????????? by Nobody: 10:52am On Oct 10, 2015
Sign of end time....
Re: Could This Be Right In The "House Of God" Or Is This Segregation???????????????? by vooks: 11:00am On Oct 10, 2015
If th were told by God that I give, I retort that am yet to get t memo but once I do, I will be it asap and exceed

1 Like

Re: Could This Be Right In The "House Of God" Or Is This Segregation???????????????? by trapQ: 1:39pm On Oct 10, 2015
I don't go to such churches. If mistakenly I go to one, I'll just get up and leave when such nonsense starts. God instrusts us to give willingly, not because our pastors said we should.

2 Likes

Re: Could This Be Right In The "House Of God" Or Is This Segregation???????????????? by adellam16(f): 9:52am On Nov 01, 2015
vooks:
If th were told by God that I give, I retort that am yet to get t memo but once I do, I will be it asap and exceed
are u speaking english? My dear I don't understand

2 Likes

Re: Could This Be Right In The "House Of God" Or Is This Segregation???????????????? by Nobody: 12:47pm On Nov 01, 2015
trapQ:
I don't go to such churches. If mistakenly I go to one, I'll just get up and leave when such nonsense starts. God instrusts us to give willingly, not because our pastors said we should.

God bless you sir. Sad how we have come to adore men than the God they profess. God does not have any distant or favourite child. If I see any man (no matter the position) going against God's word, we should react against such and not fear to express the truth. The Holy Spirit we profess does not make us timid but on the contrary makes us bold to defend/contend for our faith even if it requires men shedding our blood.
Re: Could This Be Right In The "House Of God" Or Is This Segregation???????????????? by Nobody: 1:22pm On Nov 01, 2015
magicminister:

Church, bible n Christian God na scam.
Re: Could This Be Right In The "House Of God" Or Is This Segregation???????????????? by orisa37: 1:58pm On Nov 01, 2015
First class charlatan indeed.
Re: Could This Be Right In The "House Of God" Or Is This Segregation???????????????? by ikorodureporta: 2:41pm On Nov 01, 2015
magicminister:

..name of d church, or location, or ...............
Re: Could This Be Right In The "House Of God" Or Is This Segregation???????????????? by vooks: 6:34pm On Nov 01, 2015
adellam16:
are u speaking english? My dear I don't understand
Sorry, I was using a tiny gadget.
If a minister tells me that God told them to tell me that I should part with something money or otherwise, I simply tell them am yet to get the memo but once I do, I will promptly do it
Re: Could This Be Right In The "House Of God" Or Is This Segregation???????????????? by adellam16(f): 7:03pm On Nov 01, 2015
vooks:

Sorry, I was using a tiny gadget.
If a minister tells me that God told them to tell me that I should part with something money or otherwise, I simply tell them am yet to get the memo but once I do, I will promptly do it
ok dear understood
Re: Could This Be Right In The "House Of God" Or Is This Segregation???????????????? by charlsecy(m): 8:35pm On Nov 01, 2015
magicminister:
I guess they do that for organisation purposes. However, I think they shouldn't give preference to "high" donors such as "special" prayers, or making those who donated less fell lesser.
Re: Could This Be Right In The "House Of God" Or Is This Segregation???????????????? by mikolo80: 10:45pm On Aug 21, 2016
magicminister:

you should ask yourself if that is truly a house of God
Re: Could This Be Right In The "House Of God" Or Is This Segregation???????????????? by uboma(m): 9:33pm On Aug 22, 2016
Churches are being run as business ventures.
If you have no money, even the acclaimed Pastor will have no regard for you.
What a far contrast with the way Jesus Christ treated the lowly ones in the society....

(1) (Reply)

Atheist: Sneak Peek At ‘heaven Is For Real’ / T.B Joshua Releases His 2016 Prophesies And They Are Disturbing / I Told Tinubu That Buhari Would Fail-Cardinal Okojie

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.