Stats: 3,155,220 members, 7,825,842 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 01:45 AM

Militants Take Over Arepo Creeks In Ogun - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Militants Take Over Arepo Creeks In Ogun (26280 Views)

Soldiers Take Over Arepo, Trace Militants To Badagry / Military Kills 114 Militants In Ogun And Lagos Creeks - Today.ng / Militants Take Over Bakassi And Akpabuyo LGAs In Cross River (2) (3) (4)

Militants Take Over Arepo Creeks In Ogun by Gabrielwilliams(m): 10:53am On Aug 21, 2015
Few weeks ago, the media was awash with news of a pipeline explosion at Arepo, Ogun state, where scores of vandals were reportedly burnt to death. The cause of the explosion which started the fire that was put out next day by the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation, NNPC was attributed to a scuffle between groups of vandals over ownership of a particular section of the NNPC owned pipeline, during which a shot fired by a member of the rival faction, hit the pipeline.

That incident was not the first of its kind in recent times at Arepo. Infact, that area has become a haven for criminal activities by vandals who seem to have thrown caution to the wind as they vandalise pipelines and siphon petroleum products, without fear of molestation by security agents.

Information at Vanguard’s disposal showed that these vandals who are drawn from different parts of the country could be militants in disguise . From all indications, they seem to have taken over the entire creeks at Arepo.

Vandals are animals – Olu of Arepo

The traditional rulers around Arepo and its environs have been accused of aiding and abetting activities of vandals in Arepo and Ikorodu . But the Olu of Arepo, Oba Atanda Oyebisi, dissociated himself from the accusation, condemning the last explosion in its entirety , lamenting that vandals have succeeded in tarnishing the image of the community.
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/08/militants-take-over-arepo-creeks/#sthash.anKuGnAd.dpuf

Re: Militants Take Over Arepo Creeks In Ogun by tolexy007(m): 11:00am On Aug 21, 2015
V
Re: Militants Take Over Arepo Creeks In Ogun by vanunu: 11:03am On Aug 21, 2015
Where are the military men that Buhari deployed to secure the pipelines? are they trying to tell us that Jonathan was right in deploying OPC.

23 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Militants Take Over Arepo Creeks In Ogun by BishopMagic: 11:04am On Aug 21, 2015
Oya Buhari bomb the hell out of these yoruba touts

47 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Militants Take Over Arepo Creeks In Ogun by OZAOEKPE(f): 11:08am On Aug 21, 2015
Niger Deltans don't want biafra, please tell kalu nnamdi and his people to leave us alone

52 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Militants Take Over Arepo Creeks In Ogun by trigar12(m): 11:52am On Aug 21, 2015
We know who they are. grin
Re: Militants Take Over Arepo Creeks In Ogun by Goddygee(m): 11:52am On Aug 21, 2015
So lng this issue does nt affect the price of garri in the market nor olosho, it NOMB (Non of My bizness)

Re: Militants Take Over Arepo Creeks In Ogun by Phunmibi: 11:53am On Aug 21, 2015
BishopMagic:

your father! bastard son of a thousand fathers

33 Likes

Re: Militants Take Over Arepo Creeks In Ogun by oyefeel(m): 11:53am On Aug 21, 2015
Heaven here dey come............
Re: Militants Take Over Arepo Creeks In Ogun by Segadem(m): 11:53am On Aug 21, 2015
Let our pipelines be secured by non indigenous security and change them at interfere without give them notice,then u see the case of vandalism become history.

Re: Militants Take Over Arepo Creeks In Ogun by Segadem(m): 11:53am On Aug 21, 2015
ERODEDEAST:
Them think say na small work OPC do there grin

Sha, when you have an illiterate as a president
pray to achieve 1/10 of his achievement

Re: Militants Take Over Arepo Creeks In Ogun by omoadeleye(m): 11:53am On Aug 21, 2015
G
Re: Militants Take Over Arepo Creeks In Ogun by Kaybee14(m): 11:54am On Aug 21, 2015
Then the government should do the needful.

Click on my signature to view some of our quality stone coated roofing tiles projects.
Re: Militants Take Over Arepo Creeks In Ogun by Segadem(m): 11:54am On Aug 21, 2015
Bishop:
you again? pls change that ur username is a disgrace to those who bear the name!

Re: Militants Take Over Arepo Creeks In Ogun by Nobody: 11:54am On Aug 21, 2015
them no dey rest?
Re: Militants Take Over Arepo Creeks In Ogun by kamez(m): 11:54am On Aug 21, 2015
this country tire me I swear

tomorrow we will blame the govt. but in reality we the citizens are partly the cause of our problems.
Re: Militants Take Over Arepo Creeks In Ogun by Rayjaymay(m): 11:54am On Aug 21, 2015
Re: Militants Take Over Arepo Creeks In Ogun by exlinkleads(f): 11:54am On Aug 21, 2015
which militant?

Niga Delta?

Watin dem dey do for Ogun state?

Re: Militants Take Over Arepo Creeks In Ogun by tonididdy(m): 11:54am On Aug 21, 2015
Cool @least they got jobs
Re: Militants Take Over Arepo Creeks In Ogun by ERODEDEAST(f): 11:55am On Aug 21, 2015
Them think say na small work OPC do there grin

Sha, when you have an illiterate as a president

Re: Militants Take Over Arepo Creeks In Ogun by Ayomax(m): 11:55am On Aug 21, 2015
if I tell you say naija never tire me, I lie pass devil

Re: Militants Take Over Arepo Creeks In Ogun by Richie0974: 11:55am On Aug 21, 2015
Hmm... I've they not been paid??.... That's one of the reasons I'm against paying this militants.... A thief will always be a thief no matter what.... Besides I thought Buhari already ordered soldiers to secure pipelines...
Re: Militants Take Over Arepo Creeks In Ogun by Nobody: 11:55am On Aug 21, 2015
Niger Deltans bullying yorubas even before Awolowo took rat poison

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Militants Take Over Arepo Creeks In Ogun by ignis: 11:55am On Aug 21, 2015
k
Re: Militants Take Over Arepo Creeks In Ogun by WIZGUY69(m): 11:55am On Aug 21, 2015
incomplete. news. are the militants protecting the pipelines or causing havoc on it.
which one?
Re: Militants Take Over Arepo Creeks In Ogun by TheDauraMallam: 11:56am On Aug 21, 2015
Goddygee:
So lng this issue does nt affect the price of garri in the market nor olosho, it NOMB (Non of My bizness)

Typical Nigerian.

It will soon be your business.

Gov Seriake Dickson's Jogs Along With His Aides At Bayelsa State House. Photos / APC And PDP Chieftains To Form A New Mega Party / Is Buhari's June 12 Declaration Targeted At Obasanjo?