Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,125 members, 7,811,172 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:00 AM

Want To Learn About Blogging? Come On Here! - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Want To Learn About Blogging? Come On Here! (540 Views)

7 Funny Things About BLOGGING. / Creating A Mental Shift About Blogging In Nigeria / The Truths About Blogging: My 2 Cents To Wannabe Nigerian Bloggers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Want To Learn About Blogging? Come On Here! by iwriterng(m): 6:44pm On Aug 21, 2015
Hi guys! I have seen various threads about blogging and some questions on how to blog and make money blogging... And I have decided to start a thread about blogging and hopefully somebody will learn something valuable and make the best of this thread.

Introduction: I am not a professional blogger, I am a student and I do more of freelance writing than blogging, I have been online for over six (6) years now, so I know enough to actually guide a newbie about the whole process.

I make money from blogging (See Adsense Cheque Below, take note of the date, to show that I have been doing this for a while).

What This training will cover?:

1. General Blogging Knoweldge

2. Setting Up A Blog

3. Content Creation

4. Content Promotion

5. SEO

6. Monetization

7. Blogging Relationship.

8. Beyond Blogging.

I would ultimately discuss each of these topics in the simplest form and I would be as brief as I can in other not to complicate stuffs. But if at any point in time you find it difficult to understand me, you can ask questions and I will gladly respond as soon as I can.

=====
LESSON 1
=====

General Blogging Knowledge:

Blogging is like having a shop, just like your regular shop where you sell different items. Some people will choose to sell beverages while some will sell clothes, etc. That's exactly what blogging looks like in real life.

Now imagine having a small shop and you want to sell beverages, clothes, plastics, food stuffs, electronics, etc in that same shop... It won't be an easy fit right? But that is what happens when you start a blog without having a concise topic you want to discuss on your blog. If you do everything (a little bit of everything), it will confuse both your readers and search engines and it's not really a good practice to start your blogging journey this way.

Exercise 1: WHAT WOULD YOU LIKE TO DISCUSS ON YOUR BLOG?

Pick up a book and pen and write down some of the ideas that come to your head. Don't worry if it's a long list, you would eventually thin them out as we progress.

PS: You can post your idea in the comment and we can talk through it together to help you narrow it down.

When you choose a topic, we can then move on to second lesson:

====
LESSON 2:
====

Re: Want To Learn About Blogging? Come On Here! by tessylove2(f): 10:47pm On Aug 21, 2015
Nice
Re: Want To Learn About Blogging? Come On Here! by wx9Z: 11:11pm On Aug 21, 2015
Well done Bros. So if technology is the trending niche and i don't have an idea about tech stuff, i shouldn't bother.. just jump right in and i can always copy and paste from techloy smiley
Re: Want To Learn About Blogging? Come On Here! by iwriterng(m): 12:15am On Aug 22, 2015
wx9Z:
Well done Bros. So if technology is the trending niche and i don't have an idea about tech stuff, i shouldn't bother.. just jump right in and i can always copy and paste from techloy smiley

No! Copying won't get you anywhere! On the other hand you can become an expert on anything! Dedicating enough time and effort will make you knowledgeable about anything.
Re: Want To Learn About Blogging? Come On Here! by iwriterng(m): 2:01pm On Nov 10, 2015
Bump! Any Body following?

(1) (Reply)

Etisalat Streaming And Downloading With Just N150 / Moving From To Custom Domain Questions. - Adsense Question / If Ur Foreign Host Accepted Ur Eco Bank Naira Mastercard, Plz Come In Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.