Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,400 members, 7,853,781 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 12:27 AM

Buhari To Set Up Special Courts For Looters- The Punch - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari To Set Up Special Courts For Looters- The Punch (19559 Views)

Buhari's Return: Major Cabinet Shake-Up Likely This Week - The Punch / Bassey Akpan Seeks Amnesty For Looters Of Government Coffers / Governors Reject Death Penalty For Looters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari To Set Up Special Courts For Looters- The Punch by sukkot: 12:29pm On Aug 22, 2015
buchilino:

down boy, down boy
ok now that you have gotten my attention what do you need ?
Re: Buhari To Set Up Special Courts For Looters- The Punch by buchilino(m): 12:31pm On Aug 22, 2015
sukkot:
ok now that you have gotten my attention what do you need ?

interesting question, do have a pussy? if u no wat i mean
Re: Buhari To Set Up Special Courts For Looters- The Punch by anonimi: 12:31pm On Aug 22, 2015
Is this CONSTITUTIONAL

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari To Set Up Special Courts For Looters- The Punch by sukkot: 12:33pm On Aug 22, 2015
buchilino:

interesting question, do have a pussy? if u no wat i mean
oh i see you are one of these african perverts who cant control themselves. typical
Re: Buhari To Set Up Special Courts For Looters- The Punch by fredosky111(m): 12:38pm On Aug 22, 2015
Mr president u nid to approach d NAS to enact a law dat will set up a competent crt for looters.
...cal thoz old thieves to come nd do der work.dat is d procedure pa PMB
Re: Buhari To Set Up Special Courts For Looters- The Punch by appini: 12:49pm On Aug 22, 2015
anonimi:
Is this CONSTITUTIONAL

NO

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Set Up Special Courts For Looters- The Punch by buchilino(m): 12:50pm On Aug 22, 2015
sukkot:
oh i see you are one of these african perverts who cant control themselves. typical

i c u like calling people names, good luck with dat
Re: Buhari To Set Up Special Courts For Looters- The Punch by HirstMOG(m): 12:52pm On Aug 22, 2015
himkers:
Who is that Dullard trying to fool?? Let him probe amaechi and tinubu, then he can establish whatever court he wants to establish.

Meanwhile I dedicate this space to introvert and Lady F. Dont loose hope, keep trying; u shall make FTC in some other threads; AMEN

Including Fashola because the tussle has started even the appointment of PMB needs to be probed. This is naija and not northern agenda.
Re: Buhari To Set Up Special Courts For Looters- The Punch by WOCKHARDI(m): 12:54pm On Aug 22, 2015
As in ' Military ' Tribunals!
I doubt if the National Assembly will amend the constitution to grant this undemocratic dictatorial request - because most of them may likely be indicted having served in various government agencies in the past.
Anyway, let us watch and see.
Re: Buhari To Set Up Special Courts For Looters- The Punch by felifeli: 12:54pm On Aug 22, 2015
So kangaroo courts or "tribunals" are the best way then? The man is not civilisable

natas22:
The normal court will take ages to conclude on a case which at a point the parties involved in the case might even grow old before the judgement would be passed. If the system will be adopted fully instead only courts for corruption charges it will help to improve our legal system

If my sai buhari continue this way corruption will be a thing of the past. Even the corrupt judges are having sleepiness night knowing fully well that they might be probed on how they got some huge transfers to there bank accounts. It only man with qualities of God that can change this nation for good and my sai buhari is one of them.

My sai buhari will truly change this nation.

Sai buhari.
Re: Buhari To Set Up Special Courts For Looters- The Punch by jcross19: 12:55pm On Aug 22, 2015
Yes ooh very good this is what we want and make it more powerful without godfather influence.
Re: Buhari To Set Up Special Courts For Looters- The Punch by 1miccza: 12:55pm On Aug 22, 2015
FG to do this Buhari to do that Government to do this . . . . . When will they start doing it eeeeeeeee
Re: Buhari To Set Up Special Courts For Looters- The Punch by yemmynoni: 12:57pm On Aug 22, 2015
himkers:
Who is that Dullard trying to fool?? Let him probe amaechi and tinubu, then he can establish whatever court he wants to establish.

Meanwhile I dedicate this space to introvert and Lady F. Dont loose hope, keep trying; u shall make FTC in some other threads; AMEN
guy you dey vex me, at least get sense for once
Re: Buhari To Set Up Special Courts For Looters- The Punch by 9jatatafo(m): 1:01pm On Aug 22, 2015
Lawyer's season to hammer because cases will be taken to regular courts. I hope lawyers will be brought from the moon to handle the cases.
Re: Buhari To Set Up Special Courts For Looters- The Punch by Nobody: 1:03pm On Aug 22, 2015
yemmynoni:
guy you dey vex me, at least get sense for once

Go and die
Re: Buhari To Set Up Special Courts For Looters- The Punch by Rexnegro(m): 1:11pm On Aug 22, 2015
Firefire:
Too much talk with no action...

Oga calm down Jare...Good tinz isn't gotten immediately,its take time, like you no Rome wasn't built in a day...buhari is taking his time carefully to do well , am sure you will be the one to praise him later after we re enjoying the dividends of his govt later except you naturally don't like good tinz
Re: Buhari To Set Up Special Courts For Looters- The Punch by omogidi234(m): 1:14pm On Aug 22, 2015
ejibaba:
Let the existing ones work to full capacity...

ejibaba, Have you been to court lately? Do you see their list? Let me use Abeokuta for example. Each time I had cases in Abeokuta, the court was always filled to the brim. You will see a judge with about 15- 20 cases per day. Among those cases, there would Ruling, there would be judgment, hearing of applications and the most tedious one TRIAL. You will see Judges who sit from 9 to 4pm and sometimes they have to adjourn some matters without hearing the lawyers. These processes go on every day until Mid/late July when they go on Vacation and resume late September or thereabout. I used Abeokuta because Litigation traffic is low there. You want to try Lagos, between 30 to 60 cases per day. Once the Judges see the list, he/she will mutter (you people want to kill me before my time, no problem, I will stylishly take 5 cases and adjourn the rest).

I have written all these epistles to let you appreciate how congested the courts are, so asking them to come and try new set of cases and wanting them to deliver judgment in a short-while is a suicide mission.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari To Set Up Special Courts For Looters- The Punch by philips70(m): 1:14pm On Aug 22, 2015
anonimi:
Is this CONSTITUTIONAL

Did you read where it's said it will be sent to the National Assembly to deliberate and pass into law?

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Set Up Special Courts For Looters- The Punch by philips70(m): 1:16pm On Aug 22, 2015
omogidi234:

ejibaba, Have you been to court lately? Do you see their list? Let me use Abeokuta for example. Each time I had cases in Abeokuta, the court was always filled to the brim. You will see a judge with about 15- 20 cases per day. Among those cases, there would Ruling, there would be judgment, hearing of applications and the most tedious one TRIAL. You will see Judges who sit from 9 to 4pm and sometimes they have to adjourn some matters without hearing the lawyers. These processes go on every day until Mid/late July when they go on Vacation and resume late September or thereabout. I used Abeokuta because Litigation traffic is low there. You want to try Lagos, between 30 to 60 cases per day. Once the Judges see the list, he/she will mutter (you people want to kill me before my time, no problem, I will stylishly take 5 cases and adjourn the rest).

I have written all these epistles to let you appreciate how congested the courts are, so asking them to come and try new set of cases and wanting them to deliver judgment in a short-while is a suicide mission.

These people don't care about these explanations. Anything to keep their gods comfortable.

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Set Up Special Courts For Looters- The Punch by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 1:28pm On Aug 22, 2015
himkers:

If baba cuts his head and gives it to you, you guys will still wail!

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Set Up Special Courts For Looters- The Punch by Icecomrade: 1:36pm On Aug 22, 2015
HungerBAD:

Sour Grapes.

Why sour grapes?
Re: Buhari To Set Up Special Courts For Looters- The Punch by Icecomrade: 1:45pm On Aug 22, 2015
omogidi234:

Are you a lawyer?
Re: Buhari To Set Up Special Courts For Looters- The Punch by Olukat(m): 1:52pm On Aug 22, 2015
Special court for looters.
Special court for ritual killings.
Special court for arm robbery.
Special court for gaza..gaza..gaza...abona tongue grin

Kai the dullard taking Naija back since 1983 grin
Re: Buhari To Set Up Special Courts For Looters- The Punch by EmekaBlue(m): 2:02pm On Aug 22, 2015
nonsense....talkinson
Re: Buhari To Set Up Special Courts For Looters- The Punch by okoloto: 2:31pm On Aug 22, 2015
Na so so i go i dey hear...four months now don pass.....how else can we describe slow movement[b][/b]
Re: Buhari To Set Up Special Courts For Looters- The Punch by Goke7: 2:49pm On Aug 22, 2015
Truckpusher:
The tittle should have been : Buhari is on the move again to truncate our democracy for the second time .

You don't need to set up another court to try looters ,all you needed to do was to strengthen the existing institutions , sign the whistle blower protection act into law and let the police do their job as well as EFCC and the ICPC.Anyhing outside this is a breach of the code of conduct of the office of the Presidency and should be rejected by well meaning Nigerians and his zombies excluded anyway.
We should not allow the presidency to set up a kangaroo court that existed during the military era in this New Democratic dispensation.
I have said it and I'll say it again - Buhari belongs to the museum of Nigerian politics.

''The leopard never changes its skin'' - Firefire
The existing institutions you are talking about are too compromised to be strengthened, you think Buhari is a fool? Is it saraki and co that will pass the whistle blower act to finally expose and embarrass themselves? You are even mentioning police, mhen you are very funny.

Only few guys like you who may have benefited from looting in the past are scared by whatever means Buhari wants to fight corruption, over 90% of Nigerians are with Buhari on whatever means our stolen wealth will be recovered, all your talk of military era and code of conduct for the presidency are cheap blackmail that is no longer working. Pls come up with a better strategy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari To Set Up Special Courts For Looters- The Punch by elujah1(m): 2:55pm On Aug 22, 2015
Enough of the talking, do it and let's see.
Re: Buhari To Set Up Special Courts For Looters- The Punch by Truckpusher(m): 2:59pm On Aug 22, 2015
Goke7:

The existing institutions you are talking about are too compromised to be strengthened, you think Buhari is a fool? Is it saraki and co that will pass the whistle blower act to finally expose and embarrass themselves? You are even mentioning police, mhen you are very funny.

Only few guys like you who may have benefited from looting in the past are scared by whatever means Buhari wants to fight corruption, over 90% of Nigerians are with Buhari on whatever means our stolen wealth will be recovered, all your talk of military era and code of conduct for the presidency are cheap blackmail that is no longer working. Pls come up with a better strategy
Any deviation from the basic tenets of democracy used in achieving a goal would only help make the resolution of anyone with dictatorial tendencies to commit crime in the future as long as he is the President all in the name of removing the evil using the necessary evil......you people should be more analytical about issues that bothers on rights and code of conduct for any powerful office such as the office of the number one citizen and not blinded by what result that is being churned out now because right now we should be talking about institutions that are tied to the constitution and not some kind of abracadabra method that won't go down well in the nearest future.

On the highlighted all you did was Blah blah blah blah blah.....with no substance to back up your argument.....could you please gimme another strategy? undecided
Re: Buhari To Set Up Special Courts For Looters- The Punch by tonimenia: 3:06pm On Aug 22, 2015
This is absolutely necessary!

Meanwhile,

Just Rush Now & Get Your Own 100

Hottest Business Opportunities,

Free Financial Assistance And Latest

Money Making Ideas Like Over 5,000

Other Nigerians Who Are Already

Millionaires With These Immediately

Without Delay Right Now By Clicking On
Re: Buhari To Set Up Special Courts For Looters- The Punch by 989900: 3:23pm On Aug 22, 2015
He is doing the right thing, and going about it the right way (through the legislature).

Does anyone have a problem with due process?
Re: Buhari To Set Up Special Courts For Looters- The Punch by IYANGBALI: 3:58pm On Aug 22, 2015
Ghen ghen lalasticlala,seun,mukina2,vickyrotex,barcanista,rokiatu,lady f and eleko1 are in twuobu

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Photos From Father's Day Celebration In Aso Villa / APC Inaugurates 33 State Chairmen (Photos) / In Fresh Overtures, Atiku Recruits Ex-PDP Govs, Leaders To Pacify Wike’s Camp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.