Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,086 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:15 AM

Google Chrome - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Google Chrome (1405 Views)

Opera Vs Mozilla Vs Google Chrome: Which Is The Fastest Web Browser? / Can't Open Facebook On Google Chrome. / Google Browser Challenges Microsoft: Google Chrome (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Google Chrome by Nobody: 11:43pm On Mar 27, 2009
Does anyone else use the google chrome browser? I started using it today and its amazingly FAST! IE 7 and 8 are going to be relics of history pretty soon. Good on you google team!
Re: Google Chrome by Seun(m): 11:44pm On Mar 27, 2009
It is amazingly fast. I really want to use it as my primary browser, but I'm stuck with Firefox.
Re: Google Chrome by Nobody: 11:49pm On Mar 27, 2009
Yeah. I just tried it out of boredom today and websites that take close to 1 minute to open in IE 7 take only 2-3 secs max. I think it will be my primary browser too. I don't really like Firefox. And i can spell check too!
Re: Google Chrome by Nobody: 4:05pm On Mar 28, 2009
i use google chrome for my regular browsing, and yes it is fast. . . and use firefox to design websites (because of its nice tools like firebug)
Re: Google Chrome by flyuche(m): 4:38pm On Mar 28, 2009
i would give the linux version(chromium) a try.
Re: Google Chrome by Nobody: 5:15pm On Mar 28, 2009
aand let us know what you think about chromium too. . .
Re: Google Chrome by DoubleN(m): 10:58pm On Mar 28, 2009
i've been using CHROME for about 6 months and if i must say,its the fastest browser in the market. I was using firefox previously but since when i went chrome,i haven't looked back.
Re: Google Chrome by lexdino: 12:19pm On Mar 29, 2009
yes, google chrome is truly fast.
Re: Google Chrome by searchguru(m): 2:07am On Mar 30, 2009
guys google chrome is the best browser so far , I have used IE, netscpe,mozilla firefox, opera, e.t.c
and google chrome is still the best, a million thanks to the guys in GOOGLE

FROM THE DESK OF

VICTOR CHIDI O.
internetsearchguru@gmail.com
Re: Google Chrome by amasha(f): 10:15am On Mar 30, 2009
yeah its pretty fast and cute but i think IE 8 is cool too
Re: Google Chrome by flyuche(m): 12:49pm On Mar 30, 2009
chrome is cool, no doubt. i just can't yank myself off firefox with all those add-ons, extensions, themes etc
Re: Google Chrome by lynxnoon(m): 1:40pm On Mar 30, 2009
flyuche:

chrome is cool, no doubt. i just can't yank myself off firefox with all those add-ons, extensions, themes etc
same here oh cheesy wink
Re: Google Chrome by airroseice(m): 3:37pm On Apr 01, 2009
I'm Currently Using Google Chrome to Make this Post grin
Its Pretty Cool cool
Re: Google Chrome by okgerald(m): 9:43pm On Apr 01, 2009
Google chrome is very slow for me. Dunno why . Is cos am on dial up or what. I am addicted to firefox for now with all the cool addons. Try addon like lastpass, fox tab, they are relly cool.
Re: Google Chrome by netotse(m): 5:58pm On Apr 02, 2009
chrome is cool, i've been using it for ages. the thing that scares me abt it and google is their penchant for storing information on your habits but i'm not yet important enough for them to spy on sha!
Re: Google Chrome by soolari(m): 11:50pm On Apr 08, 2009
Any1 with, the downloaded link thanx
Re: Google Chrome by lynxnoon(m): 10:58am On Apr 09, 2009
soolari:

Any1 with, the downloaded link thanx
hv u tried googling it? wink cool
Re: Google Chrome by 4llerbe(m): 11:25pm On Apr 09, 2009
yes iv been trying 2 google it but no show. the official thing is an online installation. u should try that in naija with the crap internet service we have to put up with. if u knw where to get a standalone offline installation file id be very grateful 4 the info.
Re: Google Chrome by Seun(m): 11:28pm On Apr 09, 2009
Here's a direct link to download Google Chrome: http://www.google.com/chrome/eula.html
Re: Google Chrome by blackweaver(m): 11:34pm On Apr 09, 2009
i don't think you can get an offline installation yet

i like the fact that you can drag tabs off the window and immediately you get another windowl the fact that it has a task manager
i do have a grouse with it though; if you are downloading a file and the installation suddenly terminates, not only does it not
resume from termination point (no big deal, even firefox does that) also if you try to redownload that file it copes the uncompleted download
to your download location as if it were completed instead of starting afresh then i have to clear the cache

i'm looking forward to the day it will support the level of plugins that firefox does. ie7/ie8? i don't use them
Re: Google Chrome by sahaya: 1:34pm On Nov 07, 2011
google Chrome is the best browser, when i first downloaded it, my internet browsing was running at a lighting speed, i even checked my speed Ip-Details.com and it was normal 5Mbps too, i was using firefox which chocked my browsing capabilities .

1.when you close a tab, you are virtually terminating the process. This seams to have some interesting implications on the security of the browser
2.Google Chrome also implements a new privacy feature. They call it incognito. Basically if you browse while being in incognito mode, nothing ever gets logged.
3.Another interesting feature which I need to mention is that popups are not blocked but they open in a minimized window.
4.It has a very simple design, which allows us to browse faster than any internet browser out there
Re: Google Chrome by Nobody: 9:50pm On Oct 26, 2013
tengo una pregunta!! cheesy angry

is anyone else having issues with google chrome doing what IT wants to do?! angry
every time i close a tab, another one automatically closes lol anyone else having this issue?

should i re-install it?
Re: Google Chrome by vickysolo(m): 4:58am On Oct 27, 2013
use torch browser

(1) (Reply)

Have Unlimited Browsing Experience On The Zain Network / Cheap Calls To Nigeria Using Mobile Or Landline Phone / Scam: Office Of The Senate President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.