Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,442 members, 7,816,006 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:22 PM

Photos Of Sokoto Residents On The Streets With Brooms, Shovels Over N1m Prize - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Photos Of Sokoto Residents On The Streets With Brooms, Shovels Over N1m Prize (37199 Views)

Kaduna People Burn Their Brooms, Dump APC For PDP (Photos) / Residents On The Run As Boko Haram Terrorists Attack Borno Villages. Photos / Sokoto Residents Storm Streets With Brooms, Shovels To Collect 1m (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photos Of Sokoto Residents On The Streets With Brooms, Shovels Over N1m Prize by Nobody: 6:09pm On Aug 23, 2015
Queennikky:
Competition Now!!!

It is really funny how we Nigerians feel reluctant over public duty but when money is involved, you see massive appearance or struggling.

I don't too blame Nigerians sha, our leaders have so much corrupted to Nation to the extent that even their descendants are lazy to work....

Your assumption that Nigerians are lazy is too simplistic.

They are merely responding to incentives, which to me is quite a rational way of changing behaviours.

Even in the west, government change behaviours through incentives, in some western countries, people are given incentives to give up smoking, recycle, etc.

use incentives to change behaviours and u gradually change habits.
Re: Photos Of Sokoto Residents On The Streets With Brooms, Shovels Over N1m Prize by Happiness87(f): 6:12pm On Aug 23, 2015
Vello:

Where is happiness87 to come have a chance of heart. Hope she's had a change by reason of her Pastor's sermon in Church today. This is a productive people oriented leadership style.
funny you.

first of all, is giving out money in that manner legal or illegal, hahaha
Re: Photos Of Sokoto Residents On The Streets With Brooms, Shovels Over N1m Prize by mikolo80: 6:15pm On Aug 23, 2015
Queennikky:
Competition Now!!!

It is really funny how we Nigerians feel reluctant over public duty but when money is involved, you see massive appearance or struggling.

I don't too blame Nigerians sha, our leaders have so much corrupted to Nation to the extent that even their descendants are lazy to work....
how many times have you swept your street or cleared your neighborhood gutter
Re: Photos Of Sokoto Residents On The Streets With Brooms, Shovels Over N1m Prize by temitemi1(m): 6:20pm On Aug 23, 2015
This kind of thing should be replicated in kwara fa grin
Aminat508:
grin grin grin grin
Re: Photos Of Sokoto Residents On The Streets With Brooms, Shovels Over N1m Prize by temitemi1(m): 6:23pm On Aug 23, 2015
I don't even know why I'm laughing self undecided
peppyluv02:
My boyfriend,why are you laughing..
Re: Photos Of Sokoto Residents On The Streets With Brooms, Shovels Over N1m Prize by Queennikky(f): 6:24pm On Aug 23, 2015
oboman:

Your assumption that Nigerians are lazy is too simplistic.

Hey.... It's good you understand me brightly.... I said Nigerians are often "reluctant" to public duties......
Re: Photos Of Sokoto Residents On The Streets With Brooms, Shovels Over N1m Prize by magaux: 6:46pm On Aug 23, 2015
Zi:
Sweep and get money? Ok o.

Isn't it better to use this 1m + 750k + 500k ie 2.25m to empower and equip the state Environmental Sanitation Board, and if they don't have one, set one up.

I don't understand the government and this weekly / monthly sanitation. See, in a civil society, everyone has a job, I mean, a part we play in the nation building. I can't be an Engineer or a teacher and also be a Sanitationist! I have a job, I pay my tax. Its also someone's job to sweep and keep streets clean. Then I contribute my own part by teaching the kids at school. This is how it should be.

Cleaning should be part of government's job, so is teaching and driving mass transits (bus), and selling tickets and supervisory roles and all others. None is more important than the other. None supercedes the other. It will provide long term employement and ripple economic effect. They should be civil servants and get their pay too. We don't have to close down economic activities periodically just to clean.

Well, I'm writing because someone reading here today will be at the helm of affairs of our nation tomorrow. Pls when you get there, get it right!

Ka Chineke mezie okwu ya.

Gbam! U jst hit d nail on d head, there are people trained to do a particular job, believe me so many people will get infected & end up at d hospital after dis excercise bc they are not trained on d preventive measures b4 embarking on such deal. Aboki wu Aboki nwanne....
Re: Photos Of Sokoto Residents On The Streets With Brooms, Shovels Over N1m Prize by Vello(m): 7:11pm On Aug 23, 2015
Happiness87:
funny you.

I'll refer you to McGregor theory on motivation. What do you know about inducement, motivation and moralsuation in leadership /management?
Re: Photos Of Sokoto Residents On The Streets With Brooms, Shovels Over N1m Prize by Happiness87(f): 7:13pm On Aug 23, 2015
Vello:

I'll refer you to McGregor theory on motivation. What do you know about inducement, motivation and moralsuation in leadership /management?
motivating them to clean up their environment won't stop employment of cleaner at least for state capitol
Re: Photos Of Sokoto Residents On The Streets With Brooms, Shovels Over N1m Prize by refreshrate: 7:34pm On Aug 23, 2015
Zi:

Isn't it better to use this 1m + 750k + 500k ie 2.25m to empower and equip the state Environmental Sanitation Board, and if they don't have one, set one up.

I don't understand the government and this weekly / monthly sanitation. See, in a civil society, everyone has a job, I mean, a part we play in the nation building. I can't be an Engineer or a teacher and also be a Sanitationist! I have a job, I pay my tax. Its also someone's job to sweep and keep streets clean. Then I contribute my own part by teaching the kids at school. This is how it should be.

Cleaning should be part of government's job, so is teaching and driving mass transits (bus), and selling tickets and supervisory roles and all others. None is more important than the other. None supercedes the other. It will provide long term employement and ripple economic effect. They should be civil servants and get their pay too. We don't have to close down economic activities periodically just to clean.

Well, I'm writing because someone reading here today will be at the helm of affairs of our nation tomorrow. Pls when you get there, get it right!

Trust me this approach is cheaper
Secondly when they clean it themselves not only will they find it difficult messing it up again, they'll fight to ensure nobody else messes up the street.

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Sokoto Residents On The Streets With Brooms, Shovels Over N1m Prize by refreshrate: 7:38pm On Aug 23, 2015
magaux:
Gbam! U jst hit d nail on d head, there are people trained to do a particular job, believe me so many people will get infected & end up at d hospital after dis excercise bc they are not trained on d preventive measures b4 embarking on such deal. Aboki wu Aboki nwanne....

They'll get infected from their very own mess that they created themselves?

Ironic

Abeg allow them if the thing did not affect them when it was there is it when they now clear it they will be affected?
Re: Photos Of Sokoto Residents On The Streets With Brooms, Shovels Over N1m Prize by Kingbilo(m): 8:03pm On Aug 23, 2015
Zi:

Its not sustainable. Or does he plan to dash out 2.25 million once a month? If yes, its not economical. Thanks

Actually it would cost a whole lot more than 2.25 million per DAY to clean a whole state. You will need more than 200 field workers, equipment, maintenance, benefits for those workers, offices, administration, transportation, medicals.. This way you will cut all those costs down. It is extremely economical. The question you should ask is IS IT ETHICAL....to that , I cannot answer..
Re: Photos Of Sokoto Residents On The Streets With Brooms, Shovels Over N1m Prize by tswitch: 8:27pm On Aug 23, 2015
Zi:

Well articulated!

If only the government of the day will have a vision and outline it's agenda.
Re: Photos Of Sokoto Residents On The Streets With Brooms, Shovels Over N1m Prize by Cyriloha(m): 8:28pm On Aug 23, 2015
casyrotts:
Ok

hawsa are paid to do there own while in BIAFRA we know that your health is your wealth

where cleaness is next to Goddesses we dey do am jeje no be say we learn am an from birth
Re: Photos Of Sokoto Residents On The Streets With Brooms, Shovels Over N1m Prize by MyX1: 8:37pm On Aug 23, 2015
TOMOROW NOW THEY WILL SAY THAT SOME PEOPLE FROM THE SOUTH LIKE MONEY MORE THAN OTHERS.
Re: Photos Of Sokoto Residents On The Streets With Brooms, Shovels Over N1m Prize by OLUJOSHINS(m): 8:48pm On Aug 23, 2015
temitemi1:
grin grin grin
Mr Critic. oya give comments naa.
Re: Photos Of Sokoto Residents On The Streets With Brooms, Shovels Over N1m Prize by Nobody: 9:11pm On Aug 23, 2015
Re: Photos Of Sokoto Residents On The Streets With Brooms, Shovels Over N1m Prize by ColeworldMD(m): 9:41pm On Aug 23, 2015
Queennikky:
Competition Now!!!

So true! Word on the streets is tinubu is paying bus driver in lagos to change their wardrobes undecided
Re: Photos Of Sokoto Residents On The Streets With Brooms, Shovels Over N1m Prize by Zi: 1:48am On Aug 24, 2015
Kingbilo:

Actually it would cost a whole lot more than 2.25 million per DAY to clean a whole state. You will need more than 200 field workers, equipment, maintenance, benefits for those workers, offices, administration, transportation, medicals.. This way you will cut all those costs down. It is extremely economical. The question you should ask is IS IT ETHICAL....to that , I cannot answer..

2.25m per day? Do you mean they wo have to but equipment daily? Mr man, pls be rational, so we don't argue for argument sake. I'm talking about making these people civil servants, whose job are gonna last till they retire and be pensionable, a way to create employment. Set up might be expensive but long term, its better and more economical. The advantages are enormous. This money-bait techniques is not it at all.
Re: Photos Of Sokoto Residents On The Streets With Brooms, Shovels Over N1m Prize by Kingbilo(m): 8:25am On Aug 24, 2015
Zi:

2.25m per day? Do you mean they wo have to but equipment daily? Mr man, pls be rational, so we don't argue for argument sake. I'm talking about making these people civil servants, whose job are gonna last till they retire and be pensionable, a way to create employment. Set up might be expensive but long term, its better and more economical. The advantages are enormous. This money-bait techniques is not it at all.

News flash bro.. Civil service is NOT economical in Nigeria. The job 5 ppl do here can be done by one person in other countries... One of the major issues Nigeria has is that the public sector is massively bloated. It might be economical to the people getting the job but to the government it doesn't make sense
Re: Photos Of Sokoto Residents On The Streets With Brooms, Shovels Over N1m Prize by Nobody: 8:28am On Aug 24, 2015
Happiness87:
funny you.

It's legal once it's appropriated.

Except it's not from government coffers. For example, they could get donors or corporate sponsors.
Re: Photos Of Sokoto Residents On The Streets With Brooms, Shovels Over N1m Prize by Nobody: 8:33am On Aug 24, 2015
Happiness87:
motivating them to clean up their environment won't stop employment of cleaner at least for state capitol

True. Cleaners are still needed because it's the responsibility of government to clean the streets. Hope the residents pay their taxes though.

That said, it's good to heighten citizens support and commitment to a clean environment. The use of trash bins should also be inculcated.

It's sad that Nigerians drop litter all over the place and expect someone to pick it after them.
Re: Photos Of Sokoto Residents On The Streets With Brooms, Shovels Over N1m Prize by Zi: 8:48am On Aug 24, 2015
Kingbilo:

News flash bro.. Civil service is NOT economical in Nigeria. The job 5 ppl do here can be done by one person in other countries... One of the major issues Nigeria has is that the public sector is massively bloated. It might be economical to the people getting the job but to the government it doesn't make sense

k

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Iara Oshiomhole's Birthday Cakes From Her Staff - Photos / Photos From Alex Badeh's Burial In Abuja Today / Buhari Visits Abuja Blast Victims In Hospital (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.