Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,066 members, 7,810,986 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:03 PM

Educational Apps; Top Nine Apps To Grow Your IQ - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Educational Apps; Top Nine Apps To Grow Your IQ (2913 Views)

Top 5 Mobile Apps To Keep Your Kids Safe / 5 Free Apps To Make Sure You Never Forget Your Username And Passwords / Top 6 Android Apps To Stream Live Sports (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Educational Apps; Top Nine Apps To Grow Your IQ by tonyx4x44(m): 5:57pm On Aug 23, 2015
[img]http://www.pdgm.com/getmedia/49986e29-2fba-4629-8a09-591205b91ed4/Library_1400_800.jpg.aspx[/img]

Smartphones have become part and parcel of today's world owing in part to their versatility and portability. Coupled with internet connectivity, they enable us keep in touch and stay connected to an infinitely large and all-encompassing stream of information. The most used method of accessing this information is via the use of Apps; from social networking apps to religious ones.

Consequently, the part of this information that enable us learn a thing or two are best highlighted by educational apps. These apps; which have been gaining more popularity recently, enable us filter useful information, learn a thing or two, and positively influence our Intelligence Quotient.

Interested in learning something new, or just want to add to your knowledge base? No problem! As long as you are not trying to learn something extremely specialized (e.g. carrying out a Caesarean section) then my app selection has got you covered. Check out the best learning apps for you.

1. Duolingo
Duolingo is one of the most popular educational apps to every hit the Google Play Store and at 4.8/5.0 after thousands of ratings it also doubles as one of the most highly rated. The app is a great way to learn and practice a new language as it extensively supports eight international languages. It is beautifully designed with nice colours and also has a web version you can access anytime. It is very easy to use and two magic words – completely free.

2. Merriam Webster Dictionary
This is my personal favourite as well as one of the best dictionaries you can get on mobile. The Merriam Webster Dictionary goes beyond being merely a dictionary. It comes equipped with antonyms and synonyms for words, as wells as thousands of example sentences both for American and British English. It also comes with extensive audio support including all words and example sentences. The app also comes with a word of the day widget. The fluidness and effectiveness of this app as well as it non-intrusive nature sets it above other dictionary apps

3. Khan Academy Videos
Khan Academy is an online education platform which is completely free to use. The platform uses a system of micro lectures (currently has over 4,000) for teaching complex graduate level topics. These micro lectures break down complex university topics into formats that can be easily understood by people without extensive knowledge in the area. A large number of subject areas under science, economics, math, computing, etc. are covered.

4. Daily Art
Daily Art spotlights an educational field that is often neglected; Fine Art, and does it via an Educational app. Everyday a new work of art is published along with it details; author, date of creation, importance and other info. In this technology driven times the artistic heritage we possess as humans are often neglected. Daily Art seeks to correct that and passively reignites the appreciation of artwork in you.

5. Clock Work Brain
One of the best brain teasers available anywhere, period! This games help you challenge yourself with a number of addictive mini-games designed to test your memory, calculation skills, perception, logic and reflexes. The presentation and execution is perfect with nice graphics and excellent musical track choices. This is unlike any brain-training game you’ve come across.

6. NASA app
The NASA app serves as a window to the latest news, pictures, and videos from the world premier space research body. With over 14,000 pictures, large number of videos, featured content, news and live streaming from satellites, the app is the ultimate tool to keep in touch with the Earth’s atmosphere and the outlying space. The NASA apps in a must have for space lovers and others interested in some part of Space science.

7. TED talks
Ted talks is a platform with talks from the largest collection of interesting speakers available. Ted talks cover a broad range of subjects from inspirational, creativity, motivation to human psychology. The speakers that feature on this network are the bomb.
This network presents the user with vast insight and information on very interesting, peculiar and even bizarre topic. TED talk is guaranteed to positively affect your knowledge base. This app is one I just can’t do without due to the vastness invaluable information available.

8. YouTube
This list would not be complete without the King/Queen of tutorials and how-tos videos. YouTube has a gargantuan amount of videos, with months of videos uploaded every week. If there’s a how-to for anything odds are its available on YouTube. The YouTube app makes search for and streaming of videos from mobile extremely easy.

9. …..

Have any app you think should be on this list but isn’t? Comment below.

SOURCE: http://www.boyantech.com/educational-apps-top-nine/ +Download links + pics

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Educational Apps; Top Nine Apps To Grow Your IQ by Nobody: 6:01pm On Aug 23, 2015
Tell me more...
Re: Educational Apps; Top Nine Apps To Grow Your IQ by tonyx4x44(m): 6:23pm On Aug 23, 2015
Superbreed:
Tell me more...

are you through with these?
Re: Educational Apps; Top Nine Apps To Grow Your IQ by Tolzeal(m): 8:24pm On Aug 23, 2015
QUIZUP

kindly make that up to your list ,¡¡

1 Like

Re: Educational Apps; Top Nine Apps To Grow Your IQ by jessejane(f): 10:44pm On Aug 23, 2015
educative thanks.

frontpage material

1 Like

Re: Educational Apps; Top Nine Apps To Grow Your IQ by lekjons(m): 12:11am On Aug 24, 2015
will try them
Re: Educational Apps; Top Nine Apps To Grow Your IQ by Youpele52: 1:19am On Aug 24, 2015
Khan academy is great.
YouTube is cool.
Re: Educational Apps; Top Nine Apps To Grow Your IQ by yahyamay(m): 6:34am On Aug 24, 2015
shocked cool
Re: Educational Apps; Top Nine Apps To Grow Your IQ by Silas0(m): 7:55am On Aug 24, 2015
Awesome

1 Like

Re: Educational Apps; Top Nine Apps To Grow Your IQ by jessejane(f): 11:35am On Aug 24, 2015
if you have more, please post them. thanks
Re: Educational Apps; Top Nine Apps To Grow Your IQ by tonyx4x44(m): 12:03am On Aug 25, 2015
jessejane:
if you have more, please post them. thanks

you could also check out :
3D-brain

amazon kindle

edudroid

google helpouts

Udemy

and wolfram alpha
Re: Educational Apps; Top Nine Apps To Grow Your IQ by gidjah(m): 4:36am On Aug 25, 2015
I advice great minds to try this APPS,they are pretty brain teasing and expository

1 Like

Re: Educational Apps; Top Nine Apps To Grow Your IQ by Nobody: 6:38am On Aug 25, 2015
tonyx4x44:

wolfram alpha
shocked
I thought I was the only one in. Nigeria that knew about this gem.
Literally the first app I bought(pirated it before, it wowed me so much I uninstalled the pirated version and bought it)
Might do a review of it in NL soon.
Always meaning to but always forgetting.
Re: Educational Apps; Top Nine Apps To Grow Your IQ by tonyx4x44(m): 7:50am On Aug 25, 2015
Karmanaut:

shocked
I thought I was the only one in. Nigeria that knew about this gem.
Literally the first app I bought(pirated it before, it wowed me so much I uninstalled the pirated version and bought it)
Might do a review of it in NL soon.
Always meaning to but always forgetting.

wolfram is certified dope!

had too many science related apps already that's why i dropped it from the main list.

plus I wanted to offer beginners free to cheap options

1 Like

Re: Educational Apps; Top Nine Apps To Grow Your IQ by Olarewajub: 10:45am On Aug 25, 2015
Too bad that most of the app listed by the Op requires internet connectivity. Great list though. "Na mb spoil am".
Re: Educational Apps; Top Nine Apps To Grow Your IQ by Olarewajub: 10:48am On Aug 25, 2015
Tolzeal:
QUIZUP
Tolzeal:
QUIZUP

tonyx4x44:

3D-brain
amazon kindle
edudroid
google helpouts
Udemy
and wolfram alpha
Tolzeal:
QUIZUP

What are the functions of these app?
Re: Educational Apps; Top Nine Apps To Grow Your IQ by tonyx4x44(m): 11:18am On Aug 25, 2015
Olarewajub:
Too bad that most of the app listed by the Op requires internet connectivity. Great list though. "Na mb spoil am".

Worth it though... Cash vs knowledge
Re: Educational Apps; Top Nine Apps To Grow Your IQ by Slatemsk(m): 11:31am On Aug 25, 2015
Trying tins

1 Like

Re: Educational Apps; Top Nine Apps To Grow Your IQ by Olarewajub: 12:43pm On Aug 25, 2015
tonyx4x44:

Worth it though... Cash vs knowledge
Last time i checked, 1gb worth of data goes for about 1.5k to 2k. How is that affordable for an average Nigerian student? I was given 10mb yesterday and till now i can't explain how the data mysteriously exhausted itself . Well for me, i RUN away from apps that require internet connectivity because i can't afford to spend more than 2k a month that that probably won't last for 2weeks (data shaving). Won't i eat and buy school. materials? I currently spend #600 every month on data and that is way too expensive for me.
Re: Educational Apps; Top Nine Apps To Grow Your IQ by Olarewajub: 12:50pm On Aug 25, 2015
Slatemsk:
Trying tins
Please remember to give a review.

1 Like

Re: Educational Apps; Top Nine Apps To Grow Your IQ by tonyx4x44(m): 2:30pm On Aug 25, 2015
Olarewajub:
Last time i checked, 1gb worth of data goes for about 1.5k to 2k. How is that affordable for an average Nigerian student? I was given 10mb yesterday and till now i can't explain how the data mysteriously exhausted itself . Well for me, i RUN away from apps that require internet connectivity because i can't afford to spend more than 2k a month that that probably won't last for 2weeks (data shaving). Won't i eat and buy school. materials? I currently spend #600 every month on data and that is way too expensive for me.

you plight is understood. A wise person is not expected to spend above his/her means. Moderation is key...
Re: Educational Apps; Top Nine Apps To Grow Your IQ by tonyx4x44(m): 4:12pm On Aug 26, 2015
Others

Quizlet
star walk
wordflex touch dictionary
Tapquiz Maps
Revision App
Re: Educational Apps; Top Nine Apps To Grow Your IQ by jessejane(f): 9:05am On Sep 07, 2015
tonyx4x44:

3D-brain

amazon kindle

edudroid

google helpouts

Udemy

and wolfram alpha

thanks... dulingo is great {learning french grin}
Re: Educational Apps; Top Nine Apps To Grow Your IQ by Richhard(m): 9:49am On Sep 09, 2015
Great post

1 Like

Re: Educational Apps; Top Nine Apps To Grow Your IQ by tonyx4x44(m): 9:06am On Sep 17, 2015

Smartphones have becoming an essential part of today's world. This is as a result of the limitless functionality they put within our reach. Man's new best friend can help him stay in touch, read on the go, enhance productivity in the work environment, and soon. This potential limitless functionality constitutes a problem in it own vein, as a the high satisfaction derived often leads to overuse and addiction. Self control Apk help to checkmate this problems and restore balance to our mobile phone use.

Mobile phone addiction may seem harmless at first, but often constitute serious problems as time goes on. According to Wikipedia
Some mobile phone users exhibit problematic behaviour related to substance use disorders, such as preoccupation with mobile communication, excessive money or time spent on mobile phones, use of mobile phones in socially or physically inappropriate situations such as driving an auto-mobile, use leading to adverse effects on relationships, increased time on mobile communication, and anxiety if separated from a mobile phone or sufficient signal.

This in essence equates the symptoms and consequences of mobile phone addiction with addiction to unpopular hard substances.

Self Control Apk for Android

This app helps you to reduce excessive use of mobile phones. Self control apk achieves this goal by creating a blocking mechanism stops the use of apps during specified periods. Over a given period of time the execution of apps on the device are banned in order to help you focus on productive tasks at hand.

Basic telephony functions such as calls, SMS, and other apps that are excluded from within the app are always available. I will recommend that you exclude your best productivity apps and any other app that may be important to you functioning, say at work, from the block net.

self-control-apk-screenshots

Key Features

1. When you execute Apps for a specified period of time, phone screen will switch to studying time display automatically.
2. After setting weekly and daily, graphs can be displayed.
3. Specific apps that you set can be always executable.

Download free version from here

Source: www.boyantech.com/self-control-apk/ +download links

1 Like

Re: Educational Apps; Top Nine Apps To Grow Your IQ by jessejane(f): 4:53pm On Sep 21, 2015
cool
Re: Educational Apps; Top Nine Apps To Grow Your IQ by Chydobe: 3:31pm On Aug 20, 2022
With the hustle and bustle of life, being a scholar is not as enviable as it may seem. Scholars battle between their daily life activities and achieving their aims as students.
In times like these, educational apps come in handy. With some of the best educational apps in this article, scholars are bound to perform at their optimal level.

These best educational apps tend to make life very easy for scholars ranging from grammar construction, retentive and note taking, individual subjects like math's, science, English etc. it also helps out with language classes, brainstorming and organizing ideas and planning for lessons. This article would bring to your knowledge best educational apps that are suitable for scholars, students and those within and outside the learning environment and would help achieve the previously mentioned goals.

Click on link below to see list of best educational apps you must download

https://www.scholarworldwide.com/10-best-educational-apps-scholars-must-download-2022-%f0%9f%93%96%f0%9f%8e%93%f0%9f%93%95/

(1) (Reply)

How To Install Remix Os On Your PC [edited] / How To Browse With Your Free MTN Game+ 1.5gb Data Using Psiphon Pro / I Need A Phone Urgently

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.