Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,416 members, 7,812,227 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:20 AM

THE PURITAN....A Story Of Love,treason,freedom Fighting - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / THE PURITAN....A Story Of Love,treason,freedom Fighting (1199 Views)

"No Pleasure For Dead Girls" A Story By Mancrimes.. / Adaobi (A Story Of Love, Romance And Adventure) / Songs Of Love (a Song For Bola) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

THE PURITAN....A Story Of Love,treason,freedom Fighting by ilotriouzAY(m): 6:06pm On Aug 23, 2015
All Rights Reserved:
This work exclusively belongs to 'ILOTRIOUZAY'

As for copyright..... I'm just doing it for pleasure and attention. If you think you like any part of my write up, you are free to do whatever you like with it, but acknowledging me.
This is my first story/write up; Appreciation is needed in terms of likes and comments.
Thanks for your time. Smiling face!

Note: I will be updating twice everyday

1 Like

Re: THE PURITAN....A Story Of Love,treason,freedom Fighting by sylvar02(m): 6:25pm On Aug 23, 2015
cool! can it feature on ma blog?
Re: THE PURITAN....A Story Of Love,treason,freedom Fighting by ilotriouzAY(m): 6:29pm On Aug 23, 2015
PRELUDE

The judge had spent the entire night preparing his ruling and much of the morning reading it. It was about noon now and he looked spent. He was grim-visaged. His voice was hoarse. One more hour of this marathon and the voice would be gone. But no fatigue could prevent mr Justice Umu from taking advantage of this singular opportunity for theatricals.

"From the facts before me," he said, "I can only come to one conclusion....." He paused. Leaning forward from his chair, the judge looked like a deadly reptile about to strike.
Umu simply could not help himself. He had to be dramatic. But his audience patience was wearing thin. One more theatrical delay, and they might react.

The jugde finally concluded, "that the accused person is guilty as charged."
Ayo stood stupefied.
Guilty! He thought. He, Ayo Badejo was guilty of murder!
At that moment, before the judge said another word, Ayo knew what the sentence would be.
Death!
He would die by hanging!
But it cannot be!

Ayo soon fell into retrospection. He was back on the scene of his crime. He recalled it all - the trial, the crisis, the shot and the death.
I KILLED OF COURSE, BUT I COMMITTED NO MURDER. I HAVE BEEN FOUND GUILTY, AND WILL HAVE TO DIE. I WILL BE SLAIN LIKE A MAD HOUND.
Where had he gone wrong? He asked himself. Wasn't it meritotius to love one's country - and one's woman - the way he did? Was it a crime to seek to create a blissful new world in which everyone was a little less greedy and everyone a little happier.

One half of his mind responded: OF COURSE IT IS. WHAT BECOME OF VULTURES IF THE EARTH IS SWEPT OF CARCASS?
The other half countered: IT CANNOT BE WRONG TO SEEK A BETTER WORLD

Tbc
Re: THE PURITAN....A Story Of Love,treason,freedom Fighting by ilotriouzAY(m): 6:30pm On Aug 23, 2015
sylvar02:
cool! can it feature on ma blog?

Yes u can
Re: THE PURITAN....A Story Of Love,treason,freedom Fighting by ilotriouzAY(m): 6:59pm On Aug 23, 2015
No one wanted to be left out. Even invalids were determined to be there. The lame arranged to be carried to the venue. The blind paid to be led there. The man whose word had never failed was at it again. And news had gone round that on this day, he would make the greatest prediction of his career.

Only those in attendance could appreciate how firmly Asejire commanded the people's attention. Ayo Badejo was there. As he hacked his part through the crowd to the door, he thought of the church as an over-inflated balloon,about to burst. New paths are being created in desperate efforts to gain access to the Elijah Church of Christ.

Outside the building, scores perched on trees. Inside, huddled masses filled every inch of space, kicking and pushing one another in a bid to see the man whom they have come to listen to. Few succeeded, but those who failed were merely spared from disillusion. For there was nothing remarkable in the appearance of the man who lay near the altar. He did not even look like the prophet that he was.

The congregation knew better. The worshippers had long learnt to respect, to fear Prophet Asejire, especially whenever he was in trance. For several days, they have waited for this hour. The moment, the appointed hour - 12 noon - was only minutes away. As they shoved and thrust forward, the spectators strained their ears to catch the words of the great seer.

Tbc
Re: THE PURITAN....A Story Of Love,treason,freedom Fighting by ilotriouzAY(m): 7:01pm On Aug 23, 2015
Comments and criticisms please

Cc naijaboiy
Davidflo
Dearpreye
Flakkydagirl
Divepen1
Hazardous
Vonn
And other literature section ladies and gents
Re: THE PURITAN....A Story Of Love,treason,freedom Fighting by sylvar02(m): 9:32pm On Aug 23, 2015
ilotriouzAY:

Yes u can

alright!

(1) (Reply)

The Guy Zainab Killed (short Story) / b / Married But No Sex - Episode 1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.