Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,206 members, 7,818,704 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:13 PM

Would You Move Back To Your Parents House As An Adult? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Would You Move Back To Your Parents House As An Adult? (1125 Views)

Ese Oruru's Parents House In Yenagoa, Bayelsa (photos) / Married Couples: Would You Feel Comfortable Having Sex In Your Parents House? / He Did Something An Adult Wouldn't Do (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would You Move Back To Your Parents House As An Adult? by Ndipe(m): 10:35am On Oct 02, 2006
It may be the loss of a job, wreaked finances, or even your astronmical student loans, that may propell you to move back to your parents house. Understandably, some parents (African parents) wont kick out their children, and for kids under the hill (those below 25), that may be a perfect choice. Usually one graduates from college in their early 20's, and during the rosy economy, a job right from college was guaranteed. But as the economy has tanked with people finishing colleges later in life, faced with high interest school loans, would it be a blow to your dignity/esteem if move back home, though you may be living rent free?. But for those in the late 20's/early 30's category, would you feel ashamed asking mom and dad if you could move in?

Worse, if you are married and your parents, in their 'golden years' (abi platinum years for hip hop) decided to downgrade their house to a 2 bedroom 2 bath house. So, you and your spouse, and kids trek back home and a room is assigned to you. Would you still take it, or would you feel like an underachiever for doing so? And, worse, if the bedroom is not spacious to accomodate your teeming family, guess what? You may decide to leave junior in the spare room while you and your better half may take up space in the living room.
Re: Would You Move Back To Your Parents House As An Adult? by Seun(m): 10:45am On Oct 02, 2006
Do you mean "as an adult" or "as a husband/wife with children?" because the difference is huge!
Re: Would You Move Back To Your Parents House As An Adult? by Ndipe(m): 11:13am On Oct 02, 2006
Both fall under the same criteria. You get married when you are an adult, in most cases.
Re: Would You Move Back To Your Parents House As An Adult? by iice(f): 4:25pm On Oct 02, 2006
Nah i wouldn't, been too long away from my parents house for me to live with them in peace grin

(1) (Reply)

Whose Life Does He Save? Mum Or Wife? / Cursed By My Wife / Anthony Harrison, Nigerian Caretaker 'was Voodoo Wizard Who Trafficked Young Gir

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.