Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,957 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:55 AM

Looters’ Special Court: Nominee-judges Fail Integrity Test-tribune - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Looters’ Special Court: Nominee-judges Fail Integrity Test-tribune (21881 Views)

Fashola’s Budget Proposal Failed Integrity Test – Reps / Buhari’s Budget Fails Integrity Test, Says Senate / Buhari’s Cabinet: 33 Ministerial Nominees Fail Corruption Test-tribune (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Looters’ Special Court: Nominee-judges Fail Integrity Test-tribune by Nellybii: 7:46am On Aug 24, 2015
rozayx5:
dullard will spend his 4years probing the wind . while the real business of governance suffers undecided

And what is the real business of governance? If I may ask.
Re: Looters’ Special Court: Nominee-judges Fail Integrity Test-tribune by zomoears(m): 7:47am On Aug 24, 2015
LongPennis:
Since everybody is failing integrity test in Nigeria, let buhari be the president, minister and judge too naa.

What kind of nonsense is this sef? Are all Nigerians daft?

Saint buhari indeed. angry

Years of decay and nepotism has created d system we have today. Competent people with integrity only get midway thru their careers, to give way for candidates favoured by politicians to get to the top. This is Nigeria as it today. To change am no be one year work o...
Re: Looters’ Special Court: Nominee-judges Fail Integrity Test-tribune by obailala(m): 7:47am On Aug 24, 2015
LongPennis:
Since everybody is failing integrity test in Nigeria, let buhari be the president, minister and judge too naa.

Vicadonis:
Buhari should man all the courts since he is the only Nigerian with integrity...
fitzmayowa:
Since everybody is failing integrity test i wonder who will be clean/saint enough to work with PMB, am beginning to see the so called "integrity" test as ploy to give nigerians excuses for non performance...SMH
simeonii:
PMB should head the Legislative, Executive and Judiciary........seems he's the only one that can't fail the integrity test in Nigeria. lipsrsealed
Why would anyone even wish evil for his/her own country?....Are you guys really happy with the status-quo?

Since I was born, I've always known Nigeria to be an extremely corrupt nation of which all sectors have been infiltrated; the executive, the legislative, the judiciary, the military, the police, the educational system just name it. We all know that all sectors in Nigeria have been corrupted over the years and this has led to our economic and social stagnation and backwardness. Even the judiciary we talk about now is the very same judiciary we have always complained about for years of being extremely compromised.

Now for the first time in our lives, we have an old man who is making an 'attempt' to clean the system a bit for our collective betterment, and here we are, mocking and mocking and mocking the old man and his ideas.

Please my people, this is no longer a case of politics of GEJ vs APC anymore. Why can't we kindly put politics aside for just one second?
undecided cry

4 Likes

Re: Looters’ Special Court: Nominee-judges Fail Integrity Test-tribune by Nobody: 7:47am On Aug 24, 2015
BishopMagic:

The committee also used the criteria that judges whose rulings were dismissed by the appellant court were also disqualified.

That means that even where a judge hands down a conviction it isn't ok unless the appeals court vets the same judgement.

Isn't that indicative that Buhari is searching for judges he knows will give him a conviction only which thus implies that Buhari believes that those to be arraigned in future are guilty even before being tried?

This man will destroy not only our democracy but also the courts.

Oga if not that you don't understand the legal system. The criteria of having had a lower amount of overturned judgements implies that the candidate is more worthy! For a judge to have a high number of overthrown judgement sis extremely bad and is one indicator of corruption and incompetence.

secondly if you people would like to be sincere for a minute, is this not the same Nigerian judiciary that you all make disparaging comments about? why then the feigned surprise and umbrage that few honest candidates have been found within the system?

1 Like

Re: Looters’ Special Court: Nominee-judges Fail Integrity Test-tribune by Nobody: 7:48am On Aug 24, 2015
Ds Buhari is a sycophant, I m beginning to see... wat nonsense is ds... abi is he looking for a way to install Moslems everywea... well if dat is d case, na Holy ghost fire go burn am... Abeg appoint ds pple jawe and lets start prosecuting ds theives... kilode, shey baba ni kan lo holy juu ni... barawo baba...
Re: Looters’ Special Court: Nominee-judges Fail Integrity Test-tribune by kuuljay(m): 7:49am On Aug 24, 2015
it's very funny how tanoids celebrate any set back on the fight for corruption grin grin angry angry grin grin grin grin grin

wail for millenia.looting jamboree is over for we country.no more organise crime

1 Like

Re: Looters’ Special Court: Nominee-judges Fail Integrity Test-tribune by ejirede: 7:51am On Aug 24, 2015
simeonii:

My respect, @ d bolded.....
is it not a mortal men that turn UAE,Singapore,china and others to what they are today? Arent you one of the people that alwz complain about leadership problem we are facing in the country,now that you see a better one.you keeps on complaining of your hatred for the man.mind you,the only option open to you is to leave this country for the next 8 years if you cant cope
Re: Looters’ Special Court: Nominee-judges Fail Integrity Test-tribune by Nobody: 7:56am On Aug 24, 2015
this news is both worrisome and good at the same time...worrisome in the sense that many of our judges are useless and corrupt...good on the other hand because nigeria needs such structure at this time to actually prosecute all politicians who have stolen public funds[b]past and present[/b]...
Re: Looters’ Special Court: Nominee-judges Fail Integrity Test-tribune by obailala(m): 7:57am On Aug 24, 2015
9jatatafo:
Show me one saint in Nigeria be it a christian, muslim or traditional worshipper and I will show you a 50 years old lady that is a virgin. Nonsense, even PMB is corrupt. APC and their propaganda..
So because you believe PMB is also corrupt, so therefore we should not make any attempt to clean the corruption in our system?... or probably we should wait for Jesus to leave his throne to come down and help us fight corruption before you would support the fight right?

Why can we just be patriotic or optimistic for once in our lives?... Ask yourself this question deep down in your heart, are you happy with the way things are in your country?

2 Likes

Re: Looters’ Special Court: Nominee-judges Fail Integrity Test-tribune by loomer: 7:59am On Aug 24, 2015
GoldenJAT:
It so baffles me when I see people defending Jonathan just for the sake of it. Make owna wait ooo.... Seems all these problems that nigeria is facing., sum pple didn't witness it. HAHA.. 4 God sake, this country is in a mess. Pdp made a mess of evrtin 4 gud 16yrs.y are u guys so blind 2d fact Dt, Buhari means gud 4dis country... Politicians will continue 2 use u pples head until DE reset sum of owna brain. NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE!! NIGERIA SHALL AND WILL BE GREAT... mumu set of people.

Una dey always count 16years of pdp corruption, but none of una dey call obasanjo/atiku

Na d same obasanjo dey rub shoulder with buhari.
Re: Looters’ Special Court: Nominee-judges Fail Integrity Test-tribune by kingk(m): 8:00am On Aug 24, 2015
I have a suggestion, let them employ oyibo judges at least, they don't belong to any political party.
Re: Looters’ Special Court: Nominee-judges Fail Integrity Test-tribune by MrMcJay(m): 8:01am On Aug 24, 2015
chukwudi44:
Exercise in futility, Buhari lacks the power to set up any special courts. The constitution would first have to be amended to accommodate that.

It would require 2/3 of both arms of the NASS which we know is impossible

The courts to be established are going to be of concurrent jurisdiction with the High Courts.
If you think the jurisdictional issue is going to be a leeway, go and ask how the bill fragmenting the NLC was passed.
Re: Looters’ Special Court: Nominee-judges Fail Integrity Test-tribune by ykwildchild: 8:04am On Aug 24, 2015
no one is perfect

in other news,order your football jerseys
https://www.nairaland.com/2447345/2015-2016-new-jerseys-available/3
Re: Looters’ Special Court: Nominee-judges Fail Integrity Test-tribune by bilal4riid(m): 8:05am On Aug 24, 2015
BishopMagic:

You are very right.

APC maggots think we are in 1984

In 1984 naira greater dan dollar, relatively constant light, there is security, displine, less corruptions et all. Let PMB take us to 1984 to start again

1 Like

Re: Looters’ Special Court: Nominee-judges Fail Integrity Test-tribune by feeloscar(m): 8:07am On Aug 24, 2015
kindnyce:
WHOEVER COMES TO EQUITY,MUST COME WITH CLEAN HANDS.S
SELECTION OF THOSE TO CHAIR THE ANTI GRAFT MUST BE STAINLESS

NB
NAIRALANDERS..TODAY IS MY BIRTHDAY...SHOW ME LUV.....
HBD
Re: Looters’ Special Court: Nominee-judges Fail Integrity Test-tribune by 9jatatafo(m): 8:18am On Aug 24, 2015
obailala:
So because you believe PMB is also corrupt, so therefore we should not make any attempt to clean the corruption in our system?... or probably we should wait for Jesus to leave his throne to come down and help us fight corruption before you would support the fight right?

Why can we just be patriotic or optimistic for once in our lives?... Ask yourself this question deep down in your heart, are you happy with the way things are in your country?

I am waiting patiently for the human and corruption environmental sanitation being carried out by PMB. We all want good for this country but in a situation where PMB thinks he is the only saint then that is dictatorship. How could you tell me that all the lawyers nominated for the special court for looters all failed integrity test? My friend think very well.
Re: Looters’ Special Court: Nominee-judges Fail Integrity Test-tribune by Nobody: 8:25am On Aug 24, 2015
philips70:

In case you don't know, not every PDP people in that house and senate are against the war on corruption. In fact as it is very few of them wants to be caught openly as one who is against the war.
The bill will soon be sent and it will like likely get 95% affirmative action. If you think people are not fed up with what's happening in this country think again. Even many morally bankrupt people are fed up except you.
One thing I want to assure you is when it starts there will be no APC or PDP. Many of you will feed on your words and know how well Buhari means business.

I am afraid the law would never pass!!! It is not just about Buhari or APC but rather about allocating too much powers on one person or office.The principle of democracy or seperation of powers of the executive,Legislature and judiciary is all about check and balances and prevent abuse of power.No law seeking to allot judicial powers to the executive would be allowed to pass at parliament.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Looters’ Special Court: Nominee-judges Fail Integrity Test-tribune by obailala(m): 8:26am On Aug 24, 2015
9jatatafo:

I am waiting patiently for the human and corruption environmental sanitation being carried out by PMB. We all want good for this country but in a situation where PMB thinks he is the only saint then that is dictatorship. How could you tell me that all the lawyers nominated for the special court for looters all failed integrity test? My friend think very well.
The report says 'majority' and not 'all,' kindly go back and read with your glasses this time. Besides, why should anyone be surprised at such a development?.... Are you nee to Nigeria?
Re: Looters’ Special Court: Nominee-judges Fail Integrity Test-tribune by InvertedHammer: 8:26am On Aug 24, 2015
/
Democracy is being bastardized in Nigeria.

Even the best of ideas will always get adulterated in Nigeria because most Nigerians irrespective of educational background behave like children. I don't know if it has to do with the black race or something else.

Buhari must not be caged by Nigerian version of democracy where a governor or president can run amock with state funds without oversight from the legislature.

He must be relentless, aggressive and unyielding if the fight against corruption must be won. Nigeria needs a firing squad tribunal. If you don't like it, return the stolen funds. Once you steal public funds, all rights to civil rights and liberties seize to exist. Asian nations don't play all these "democrazy" games when it comes to drugs and take a look at where they are together.

/

1 Like

Re: Looters’ Special Court: Nominee-judges Fail Integrity Test-tribune by agitator: 8:32am On Aug 24, 2015
chukwudi44:
Exercise in futility, Buhari lacks the power to set up any special courts. The constitution would first have to be amended to accommodate that.

It would require 2/3 of both arms of the NASS which we know is impossible

Bros why you dey always bother yourself with the MASTUBATORS? angry angry angry

This na wetin people they pay plenty money to learn, you come nairaland dey teach them free on top insult wey you go receive. come, no provoke me ooooh angry angry angry
Re: Looters’ Special Court: Nominee-judges Fail Integrity Test-tribune by Aderiade(m): 8:35am On Aug 24, 2015
LongPennis:

So wat do you expect him to do. To appoint just anyone?
Re: Looters’ Special Court: Nominee-judges Fail Integrity Test-tribune by BishopMagic: 8:38am On Aug 24, 2015
AncientJerk:

Oga if not that you don't understand the legal system. The criteria of having had a lower amount of overturned judgements implies that the candidate is more worthy! For a judge to have a high number of overthrown judgement sis extremely bad and is one indicator of corruption and incompetence.

secondly if you people would like to be sincere for a minute, is this not the same Nigerian judiciary that you all make disparaging comments about? why then the feigned surprise and umbrage that few honest candidates have been found within the system?

Is the committee now doing the job of the NJC?
Re: Looters’ Special Court: Nominee-judges Fail Integrity Test-tribune by izuagbe(m): 8:38am On Aug 24, 2015
What do nigerians want? I beg they shld leave sai baba alone jor even if he is hunting the oppositions as they proclaimed, let it be. When they eventually take over power they shld do same, that will make it more interesting in the fight against corruption. All I no is that the awareness is now there to do well and not to embazle our money anyhow. We shld be thanking God for such a leader who has come to salvage the country from beasts destroying the future for our children by stealing humongous amount of monies in billions of naira/dollars.It is only people who are miopic of the future or who their person/relations/interest etc may be affected that will keep complaining of Buhari.Corruption has eaten deep in all our system,someone need to start the fight genuely thank God we have Baba. God bless Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Looters’ Special Court: Nominee-judges Fail Integrity Test-tribune by philips70(m): 8:39am On Aug 24, 2015
chukwudi44:

I am afraid the law would never pass!!! It is not just about Buhari or APC but rather about allocating too much powers on one person or office.The principle of democracy or seperation of powers of the executive,Legislature and judiciary is all about check and balances and prevent abuse of power.No law seeking to allot judicial powers to the executive would be allowed to pass at parliament.

Special courts is not an executive function. It is still a judiciary function only restricted to corruption cases. It will interest you to know it was one of the recommendations of the conference. All well meaning Nigerians should support it. I am telling you Nigerian corrupt political elite do not need soft measures to curb their excesses. Am expecting this method will come down hard on them whether in ruling or opposition parties including the civil service.
Re: Looters’ Special Court: Nominee-judges Fail Integrity Test-tribune by exactly77(m): 8:41am On Aug 24, 2015
My prayer and hope is that these special courts be established and operated within the ambits if the constitutions. I don't want anyone rubbishing this laudable fight against corruption in Nigeria.

God bless the president and his team
Good bless the federal republic of Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Looters’ Special Court: Nominee-judges Fail Integrity Test-tribune by mogentle(m): 8:44am On Aug 24, 2015
ayindejimmy:
Thid clearly portrays the degrading state of our justice system.
Instead of making case for the judges that couldn't make I'll Congratulate those that did.
That we're condemning this Revelation is disturbing.
It's not Buhari’s fault that others didn't past.
Most people charged with corruption are usually guilty but they often get good lawyers to discover the loopholes in the Constitution to exonerate them.
This is what a good judge must lookout for.
Re: Looters’ Special Court: Nominee-judges Fail Integrity Test-tribune by 9jatatafo(m): 8:45am On Aug 24, 2015
obailala:
The report says 'majority' and not 'all,' kindly go back and read with your glasses this time. Besides, why should anyone be surprised at such a development?.... Are you nee to Nigeria?

I will not buy into this integrity test of a thing. Who is a saint in this country? Everybody have a bad spot. He should just get to work and make NO CORRUPTION his watchword. Nigerians are just too gullible that is why politicians toss us around or turn us to a chess board. I don't need eye glasses to read. I don't trust any of our politicians be it PMB.
Re: Looters’ Special Court: Nominee-judges Fail Integrity Test-tribune by BishopMagic: 8:45am On Aug 24, 2015
opendo21:
From all ur comments I can u have nothing Gud to contribute.No sense at all as in no common sense at all..

Fool
Re: Looters’ Special Court: Nominee-judges Fail Integrity Test-tribune by mogentle(m): 8:47am On Aug 24, 2015
obailala:

Why would anyone even wish evil for his/her own country?....Are you guys really happy with the status-quo?

Since I was born, I've always known Nigeria to be an extremely corrupt nation of which all sectors have been infiltrated; the executive, the legislative, the judiciary, the military, the police, the educational system just name it. We all know that all sectors in Nigeria have been corrupted over the years and this has led to our economic and social stagnation and backwardness. Even the judiciary we talk about now is the very same judiciary we have always complained about for years of being extremely compromised.

Now for the first time in our lives, we have an old man who is making an 'attempt' to clean the system a bit for our collective betterment, and here we are, mocking and mocking and mocking the old man and his ideas.

Please my people, this is no longer a case of politics of GEJ vs APC anymore. Why can't we kindly put politics aside for just one second?
undecided cry

Re: Looters’ Special Court: Nominee-judges Fail Integrity Test-tribune by kayode2: 8:49am On Aug 24, 2015
BishopMagic:

The committee also used the criteria that judges whose rulings were dismissed by the appellant court were also disqualified.

That means that even where a judge hands down a conviction it isn't ok unless the appeals court vets the same judgement.

Isn't that indicative that Buhari is searching for judges he knows will give him a conviction only which thus implies that Buhari believes that those to be arraigned in future are guilty even before being tried?

This man will destroy not only our democracy but also the courts.

You must be one of the suspected looters or you are one of their senior advocates.Whatever is needed to stop and destroy corruption should not be compromised on the alter of democractic impunity and instrumentality of court hegemony.
Your cry that Buhari is out to destroy democracy and the courts by seeking to appoint judges of proven integrity to head the special courts to try the treasury looters portrays you as unpatriotic and selfish elements in the nation
Please allow Buhari to fight corruption the best way he deemed fit.Dont be a cog in the nation wheel of progress.let the looters receive the deserved punishments for their heinous crimes against the nation.Let the nation move forward ,be a supporter of what is noble and not an advocate of what is evil in the society.

2 Likes

Re: Looters’ Special Court: Nominee-judges Fail Integrity Test-tribune by Aderiade(m): 8:52am On Aug 24, 2015
kingk:
I have a suggestion, let them employ oyibo judges at least, they don't belong to any political party.
Good idea. But, u shud know that everybody have a price in when it comes to #naija tinz
Re: Looters’ Special Court: Nominee-judges Fail Integrity Test-tribune by Nobody: 8:54am On Aug 24, 2015
MrMcJay:

The courts to be established are going to be of concurrent jurisdiction with the High Courts.
If you think the jurisdictional issue is going to be a leeway, go and ask how the bill fragmenting the NLC was passed.
Even at that only the national judicial council or chief judges can allocate cases to judges and the president has no powers to set guidelines or duration to such cases

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Flooding: Lagos To Re-engineer Canals, Drainage Systems – Ambode / Shehu Sani's Name Omitted On APC's List Of Candidates Submitted To INEC - DN / Bayelsa Bye-Election: Police Recover Corpses Of 6 Officers Who Drowned

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.