Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,986 members, 7,810,753 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:33 PM

I’m Ready For Probe, Okonjo-iweala Declares - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’m Ready For Probe, Okonjo-iweala Declares (443 Views)

Malami Sends Names Of Six Judges To DSS For Probe - CJN writes Buhari / I’m Ready To Go To Jail – Saraki / WIKE’S VICTORY: Oyegun Calls For Probe Of S-court Judges (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I’m Ready For Probe, Okonjo-iweala Declares by nnamdibig(m): 6:54am On Aug 24, 2015
Former Minister of Finance, Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, on Sunday declared support for President Muhammadu Buhari’s anti-corruption drive, saying she was ready to subject herself to an unfettered government probe of her two terms in office.
The former Minister, who was reacting to media reports that she was planning to build a multi-million dollar Okonjo –Iweala family hospital in Abuja, denied nursing any such ambition.
Mrs. Okonjo-Iweala, who spoke through her spokesperson, Paul Nwabuikwu, described the report as “totally baseless”, as “the alleged hospital is non-existent”.
“Dr Okonjo-Iweala has a clean record of two terms in office,” the spokesperson said. “As we have consistently maintained, she is not afraid of a transparent investigation of her two terms in office. She supports the anti-corruption drive in Nigeria. No one who has had the privilege of serving his or her country should feel too big to be investigated.
“It is this very issue of fighting corruption that brought her back in the first place and she has a track record of blocking corruption. It is ironic that it is those same corrupt people who are trying to tarnish her image,” he said.
Mr. Nwabuikwu denied the existence of any hospital owned by Mrs. Okonjo-Iweala’s immediate family.
“Anyone who is in doubt can go to Gwarinpa, Abuja where the hospital is allegedly located, or enquire from General Electric and Perkins + Will Global, the two organisations that were mentioned as Consultants to the project in the report as to whether the hospital has been built,” Mr. Nwabuikwu said.
The spokesperson, however, confirmed that Mrs. Okonjo-Iweala’s husband, Ikemba Iweala, who retired recently as a neuro-surgeon and emergency physician with over 40 years’ of practice in Nigeria, the United Kingdom and the United States, was actually planning a hospital.
To actualize his desire to give back to Nigeria, Mr. Nwabuikwu said, Mrs. Okonjo-Iweala’s husband had, for several years, been working on plans to establish a hospital in Abuja, using his savings to develop the concept and design of the hospital.
So far, Mr. Nwabuikwu said, Mr. Iweala had made efforts to source for financing for the project, pointing out that it was the prototype design and website of the yet to be realized project that was being published as a multi-billion dollar evidence of corruption against the former minister.
“Why is Dr Okonjo-Iweala the object of this ceaseless campaign of falsehoods and distortions? The answer is simple: because she refused to steal and share, and because she blocked many powerful people, some of whom are now in power, from stealing. That is why they would go to any lengths to tarnish her name,” the minister’s spokesperson explained.
He recalled that it was the former minister’s fight against fuel subsidy scammers that led to her mother being kidnapped in 2012, followed with the demand for her to resign from government and leave the country.
“The hospital idea is still very much alive. Anyone who is interested should please come forward to discuss possible investment. But there is a condition: the money must be clean. Corrupt people, especially lying governors, need not apply,” Mr. Nwabuikwu said.

www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/188875-im-ready-for-probe-okonjo-iweala-declares.html
Re: I’m Ready For Probe, Okonjo-iweala Declares by olasmith10(m): 6:56am On Aug 24, 2015
Her courage speaks volume on her personality

A clear conscience fears no accusations
Re: I’m Ready For Probe, Okonjo-iweala Declares by FreeGlobe(f): 6:57am On Aug 24, 2015
Buhari is just buying time with his probe propaganda. Buhari must first probe himself. He must declare his assets publicly as he promised. He must update us on the status of the 27 million loan he used to purchase APC nomination form, he must probe his wife for wearing a 10 million naira watch, he must probe Amaechi and Tinubu before we begin to take him serious.
Re: I’m Ready For Probe, Okonjo-iweala Declares by jaybee104(m): 6:58am On Aug 24, 2015
k
Re: I’m Ready For Probe, Okonjo-iweala Declares by dunkem21(m): 6:59am On Aug 24, 2015
grin
Re: I’m Ready For Probe, Okonjo-iweala Declares by kelch19(m): 7:02am On Aug 24, 2015
We hav been hearing this probe since may yet nobody has been probed till date.sometime I wonder what di government is upto.. cry
Re: I’m Ready For Probe, Okonjo-iweala Declares by drestoneokuta(m): 7:04am On Aug 24, 2015
Don't worry you are innocent until proven guilty.
Re: I’m Ready For Probe, Okonjo-iweala Declares by owobokiri(m): 7:08am On Aug 24, 2015
This is what you want to hear from a public official; I am ready to be probed and my assets can be defended. . Not ll these lanky desert magicians mumbling some mumbo-jumbo about little things as keeping to their promise of making their assets public. .
Re: I’m Ready For Probe, Okonjo-iweala Declares by KINGSNEEZE(m): 7:11am On Aug 24, 2015
Just love her courage... Buhari oya do your worst, probe master
Re: I’m Ready For Probe, Okonjo-iweala Declares by KINGSNEEZE(m): 7:12am On Aug 24, 2015
Just love her courage....

(1) (Reply)

Fashola Spent N139m On Two Boreholes – LASG .SOURCE PUNCH B / PHOTOS: Osinbajo Arrives At NBA General Conference Day 2 This Morning / SHOCKING: Nigeria’s MDG Office Pays N154 Million For One Borehole

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.