Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,380 members, 7,954,542 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 09:44 PM

What Have You Done For Nigeria Or Your Country In Your Entire Life? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Have You Done For Nigeria Or Your Country In Your Entire Life? (5889 Views)

Boko Haram Attacks Village, Kills People, Burns Entire Village On Christmas / “God Owns Lagos, Entire Universe” – PDP Blasts Oba Of Lagos / Nigeria Or South Africa , Which Is More Violent ? I Need To Know Urgently (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Have You Done For Nigeria Or Your Country In Your Entire Life? by RevMallam: 3:16pm On Mar 28, 2009
If you look carefully, you will observe that most people bad mounting Nigeria and Africa in general are either Africans themselves or foreign white racist neocons who will never see anything positive about black people. But this subset is not the object of this post. My question is simple: What have you as an Individual done for Nigeria or YOUR country if you are not a Nigerian?
I know some of you will retort and ask me What has Nigeria done for you? I will tell you what America, Britain etc has done (if any )for their citizens later.
But the QUESTION is WHAT HAVE YOU done or Contributed to Nigeria or YOUR COMMUNITY in your entire LIFE?

revmallam
Re: What Have You Done For Nigeria Or Your Country In Your Entire Life? by banom(m): 3:31pm On Mar 28, 2009
I have impregnated nine Nigerian girls,
Re: What Have You Done For Nigeria Or Your Country In Your Entire Life? by noetic(m): 3:38pm On Mar 28, 2009
banom:

I have impregnated nine Nigerian girls,
grin grin grin grin grin

u have added to the irresponsible population rate. . . . go n sin no more. . . grin
Re: What Have You Done For Nigeria Or Your Country In Your Entire Life? by RevMallam: 4:10pm On Mar 28, 2009
noetic:

grin grin grin grin grin

u have added to the irresponsible population rate. . . . go n sin no more. . . grin
Then you are criminal and should be put in jail or killed. In America, those who father children they cannot support are put in jail when caught or made to pay for them.
I am looking for serious replies please.
revmallam
Re: What Have You Done For Nigeria Or Your Country In Your Entire Life? by banom(m): 4:19pm On Mar 28, 2009
RevMallam:

Then you are criminal and should be put in jail or killed. In America, those who father children they cannot support are put in jail when caught or made to pay for them.
I am looking for serious replies please.
revmallam

Was it not God that asked me to be fruitful and multiply ?
Re: What Have You Done For Nigeria Or Your Country In Your Entire Life? by RevMallam: 4:44pm On Mar 28, 2009
banom:

Was it not God that asked me to be fruitful and multiply ?
I suppose, with responsibility. So other than being irresponsible, what else have you POSITIVELY contributed to your country or community ?
(Notice the word positively) Adding to BASTARDS population is NOT a positive contribution.
revmallam
Re: What Have You Done For Nigeria Or Your Country In Your Entire Life? by pureminded: 5:00pm On Mar 28, 2009
Hello Mr Poster , What have you also done for our country in your entire life ? Say yours and we get impressed and we share ours too !!
Re: What Have You Done For Nigeria Or Your Country In Your Entire Life? by REALTRUTH1: 5:37pm On Mar 28, 2009
@Poster: The question should have further captured those who attemted to bring change in Nigeria,,,what has been their gains?Gani Fawehinmi tried Nigeria gave him Hypertension and cancer.MKO Abiola tried,he was killed,,Ken Sarowiwa tried and he was killed,,,a young man who was a world bank consultant in the US,,,came back to Naija to effect change in Ekiti,,he was assasinated by the people,,,the list goes on and on,,,,even my humble self have tried and given up because Nigerians(populace) are the very problem with the country and not necessary the elites or political class.
Nigeria is a country that is designed to fail from the very inception of the country,,the system is fundamentaly messed up politically,spiritually and otherwise.It is a faulty union from inception and that is the reason why almost nothing seems to be working, I sincerely and humbly wait to see or to hear what you the poster have or willing to do for Nigeria.
Re: What Have You Done For Nigeria Or Your Country In Your Entire Life? by Becomrrich: 5:42pm On Mar 28, 2009
The question should be what have your country done for you. Has nigeria done anything for its citizen. come abroad and see what their countries do for them.

Nobody would want to love a country that treat them bad.  look . there is noway in the west, were their president would be sick as Umaru yar adua and that president would not resign. They would resign because they place thier country above themself.

Now if you have your president show a bad example to citizen , do you expect citizen to do anything for the country.

Relationship is a give and take thing. It does not start from the bottom it start from the top.

Now what have yar adua done for the citizen?

It as been 2 years of more suffering for nigeria. It is like if nigeria have no govt. This govt lack idea to move nigeria forward.

Now as a Yorubaman who see that apatheid against the Yorubas in nigeria. Tell me, why on hell would I want to do anything for nigeria.  Or why would the man from the south south who face the risk of dead from cancer, due to exposure from toxic gas. Why on hell would he want to do anything for nigeria.

If the USA treat thier citizen the way nigeria treat it citzen do you think countless young men would be in iraq. It is what a nation do to a citizen first that made the citizen like thier nation. it is not the other way. If Yar adua relocate the yorubas and bendle , bayelsa into Benin republic. My brother we all go continue to love nigeria from inside benin republic.
Re: What Have You Done For Nigeria Or Your Country In Your Entire Life? by cold(m): 5:49pm On Mar 28, 2009
Becomrrich:

The question should be what have your country done for you. Has nigeria done anything for its citizen. come abroad and see what their countries do for them.

Nobody would want to love a country that treat them bad.  look . there is noway in the west, were their president would be sick as Umaru yar adua and that president would not resign. They would resign because they place thier country above themself.

Now if you have your president show a bad example to citizen , do you expect citizen to do anything for the country.

Relationship is a give and take thing. It does not start from the bottom it start from the top.

Now what have yar adua done for the citizen?

It as been 2 years of more suffering for nigeria. It is like if nigeria have no govt. This govt lack idea to move nigeria forward.

Now as a Yorubaman who see that apatheid against the Yorubas in nigeria. Tell me, why on hell would I want to do anything for nigeria.  Or why would the man from the south south who face the risk of dead from cancer, due to exposure from toxic gas. Why on hell would he want to do anything for nigeria.

If the USA treat thier citizen the way nigeria treat it citzen do you think countless young men would be in iraq. It is what a nation do to a citizen first that made the citizen like thier nation. it is not the other way. If Yar adua relocate the yorubas and bendle , bayelsa into Benin republic. My brother we all go continue to love nigeria from inside benin republic.

Why do u always hav to introduce the Yoruba anarchistic tendencies into every discussion. Can't u be constructive in your reasoning?
Re: What Have You Done For Nigeria Or Your Country In Your Entire Life? by RevMallam: 5:50pm On Mar 28, 2009
pureminded:

Hello Mr Poster , What have you also done for our country in your entire life ? Say yours and we get impressed and we share ours too !!
Glad you asked, so here it is:
In all, I have loaned a total of 2.5 million naira to small scale village people in installments of 50 thousand up to 200 thousand to start a small business, mostly petty trading etc. My goal is to make them self sustaining. I personall don't believe in giving people money, because I believe that if people don't work for money, they don't value it. You will be surprised to hear that in all, they have mostly repaid the loans with few exceptions. I then reloaned the money to other poor people to get started. My latest project involved a 250 thousand loan and I am happy to report that they have paid back half ! This has been a rewarding project for me (spritually) and it is NEVER my intentions to make money from it. My only goal is to help the less fortunate with money THAT I CAN afford to lose if it becomes necessary.
(2) I have contributed to various projects including Rural electrification of my community.
(3) Back in the early 1990's, I ran a computer training school that offered training and employed people in Aba, but it failed and looking back, I can say that it failed because it was ahead of it's time.
(4) Currently, I am finishing a rural health doctors visits program that will serve my local community. That is, villagers get to see a doctor 2 times annually and we pick up the bill. This project is will be funded by myself and a few other friends.
(5) Finally, I have put people through University education, one is now an engineer (with no job currently) and the other is still in medical school.

So now, your turn.
revmallam
Re: What Have You Done For Nigeria Or Your Country In Your Entire Life? by yousouph(m): 5:59pm On Mar 28, 2009
The poster should not try 2 compare Nigeria with US or Britain because they are evidently differ. Who will want 2 die or do anything 4 Naija when d govt never cares about d citizens except their sons or daughters.
Re: What Have You Done For Nigeria Or Your Country In Your Entire Life? by RevMallam: 6:03pm On Mar 28, 2009
Becomrrich:

The question should be what have your country done for you. Has Nigeria done anything for its citizen.

Sadly, your response is exactly what the problem is with Nigeria. John Kennedy of America once  said, "Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country".
You see, although I am a Nigerian, I have spent most of my adult life outside Nigeria and on a daily basis, we hear these fictitious stories of what America, Britain does for their citizens. Problem is, most of these stories are not true. I have lived in both countries for extended periods and I can tell you what they provide and have done for their citizens. So can you name one thing those countries you admire have done for their citizens and I will honestly tell you if it is true or not.
I will wait till you reply.

revmallam
Re: What Have You Done For Nigeria Or Your Country In Your Entire Life? by DeReloaded: 6:06pm On Mar 28, 2009
Comparing US to Nigeria is dumb.
Re: What Have You Done For Nigeria Or Your Country In Your Entire Life? by RevMallam: 6:08pm On Mar 28, 2009
yousouph:

The poster should not try 2 compare Nigeria with US or Britain because they are evidently differ. Who will want 2 die or do anything 4 Naija when d govt never cares about d citizens except their sons or daughters.

Please name a few things the US and Britain provide or have done for their citizens. I have lived in both countries and know what's factual and what's not.
Also, please expand on "what US and Britain have done". By this do you mean, what they provide for free or what is available if you have money to pay for it?

revmallam
Re: What Have You Done For Nigeria Or Your Country In Your Entire Life? by cold(m): 6:15pm On Mar 28, 2009
Revmallam, don't get it twisted. Things are a lot different between the developed countries and the developing ones-Nigeria to be precise. At least for one-in developed countries capital run after ideas, in nigeria ideas run after capital. If that is not a major difference tell me & i'l giv u more.
Re: What Have You Done For Nigeria Or Your Country In Your Entire Life? by RevMallam: 6:16pm On Mar 28, 2009
DeReloaded:

Comparing US to Nigeria is dumb.

How is that dumb? You can always compare any two entities. One can either be positive and the other nagative or vice versa. So what has the US or Britain done for their citizens and please expand on what you mean when you say done. Are you refering to FREE or PAID services?

Surprisingly, all the respondents have NOT ANSWERED the question posed by the post. So I surpose, you are a citizen of American or Britain, if yes, WHAT HAVE YOU DONE for either one?

revmallam
Re: What Have You Done For Nigeria Or Your Country In Your Entire Life? by Becomrrich: 6:17pm On Mar 28, 2009
info
Re: What Have You Done For Nigeria Or Your Country In Your Entire Life? by RevMallam: 6:29pm On Mar 28, 2009
cold:

Revmallam, don't get it twisted. Things are a lot different between the developed countries and the developing ones-Nigeria to be precise. At least for one-in developed countries capital run after ideas, in Nigeria ideas run after capital. If that is not a major difference tell me & i'l giv u more.
True to some degree, but that capital that runs after Ideas was generated by People who have contributed to Britain or US. They in turn put that money to use and as you can see, they can say if they were on this board that they contributed to their country.
Secondly, I believe you are generalizing when you imply that ideas run after capital in Nigeria. This is not generally true, but it occurs in every nation. We can say that Dangote, the Ibrus, Ovia, Ekene Dili Chukwu and all the young millionaires we have today, are following the dictum you refereed to.
But I don't believe that the original post in any way attempted to or in way compared Nigeria to any country. I simply asked, WHAT have you done for your country or community?

revmalam
Re: What Have You Done For Nigeria Or Your Country In Your Entire Life? by Jakumo(m): 6:40pm On Mar 28, 2009
I elaborate on the financial crimes of Nigeria's looting class, in forums like this that are read by the whole world, including, no doubt, some internet observers assigned to that task by Interpol, in the hopes that my alarm, in conjunction with paper-trails and the efforts of many other concerned individuals, will ultimately trigger the tracing, seizure and repatriation of stolen money that could still turn Nigeria's fortunes around, some day in the undefined future.

When in Nigeria. I also contribute to the Nigerian Police Endowment Fund, at the rate of 50 naira per checkpoint - a practice which has so far prevented my falling victim to an "accidental discharge" of hot lead.
Re: What Have You Done For Nigeria Or Your Country In Your Entire Life? by sleekp1: 7:05pm On Mar 28, 2009
BRAVO TO RevMallam  for starting this thread.
We Nigerians are the only species on earth who expect to reap where others sowed. Most criticism of Nigeria comes from Nigerians living abroad. 
For those of us lucky enough to have fled the country the least we can do is invest in Nigeria or shut up.

Having lived and studied abroad, what innovation did you bring to Nigeria?
Am sure it's human beings that built America and Europe which we so admire.

If you've not made it overseas, blame yourself and stop raining your frustration on Nigeria.
Re: What Have You Done For Nigeria Or Your Country In Your Entire Life? by sleekp1: 7:07pm On Mar 28, 2009
Jakumo:

When in Nigeria. I also contribute to the Nigerian Police Endowment Fund, at the rate of 50 naira per checkpoint - a practice which has so far prevented my falling victim to an "accidental discharge" of hot lead.

Jakumo you go kill me o!
Re: What Have You Done For Nigeria Or Your Country In Your Entire Life? by RevMallam: 7:08pm On Mar 28, 2009
Jakumo:

I elaborate on the financial crimes of Nigeria's looting class,
Strange that you elaborate on financial crimes but then you encourage lawlessness. I also visit Nigeria, but I have never contributed to the scheme you mentioned although I have been asked several times. The worst that has happened to me was being detained between Owerri and Aba road for a total of 3 hours for refusing to comply. When I was released, I promptly filed a complaint against the officers at Owerri and in the end, they were transfered out. Currently, my lawyers are working on a case against another police division, but I will not go into details. You see, you can stand your ground if you do it the right way.
On the second point, I do object to the branding of Nigeria as the only country with financial crimes problems by various postings. The truth is that, it is a global problem and what is happening in the western world now proves me right.
But,I was looking for Financial or some other Tangible contributions. All the same,  have you considered investing or contributed to your community by making a small loan to one poor woman or man? Be sure they present you with what they intend to do with the money THAT WILL YIELD MORE money. Never give money to consumers. You will be amazed how far 50 thousand invested in selling Garri will change the life of a poor woman or man and how happier you will be seeing your contributions change a life. Give it a try.
revmallam
Re: What Have You Done For Nigeria Or Your Country In Your Entire Life? by RevMallam: 7:19pm On Mar 28, 2009
sleek_p:

BRAVO TO RevMallam for starting this thread.
We Nigerians are the only species on earth who expect to reap where others sowed. Most criticism of Nigeria comes from Nigerians living abroad.
For those of us lucky enough to have fled the country the least we can do is invest in Nigeria or shut up.

Having lived and studied abroad, what innovation did you bring to Nigeria?
Am sure it's human beings that built America and Europe which we so admire.

If you've not made it overseas, blame yourself and stop raining your frustration on Nigeria.

Glad you like it, but seriously, this is a question we all need to ponder and use as a basis to impugn the virulent critics. Over the years, I have collected a huge database of Nigeria critics and was horrified to find out that the majority, 98.9% have contributed ZERO to the country and NOT even their local villages !!
You will be shocked to see who I have in my list, but it includes most newspapers editors who yell and pander on a daily basis, etc.
I am waiting to see what each respondants have contributed in their own way.
revmallam
Re: What Have You Done For Nigeria Or Your Country In Your Entire Life? by cold(m): 7:20pm On Mar 28, 2009
RevMallam:

Strange that you elaborate on financial crimes but then you encourage lawlessness. I also visit Nigeria, but I have never contributed to the scheme you mentioned although I have been asked several times. The worst that has happened to me was being detained between Owerri and Aba road for a total of 3 hours for refusing to comply. When I was released, I promptly filed a complaint against the officers at Owerri and in the end, they were transfered out. Currently, my lawyers are working on a case against another police division, but I will not go into details. You see, you can stand your ground if you do it the right way.
On the second point, I do object to the branding of Nigeria as the only country with financial crimes problems by various postings. The truth is that, it is a global problem and what is happening in the western world now proves me right.
But,I was looking for Financial or some other Tangible contributions. All the same,  have you considered investing or contributed to your community by making a small loan to one poor woman or man? Be sure they present you with what they intend to do with the money THAT WILL YIELD MORE money. Never give money to consumers. You will be amazed how far 50 thousand invested in selling Garri will change the life of a poor woman or man and how happier you will be seeing your contributions change a life. Give it a try.
revmallam

Young man,pls stop givin us all these holier than thou sermons.I travel home too and do my bit.I have received an award from an orphanage home whilst in Nigeria for volunteering my tym and resources to teach in the home.But that is bsides the point-the point is the system does not permit "good samaritanism",there's no level playing ground and You run the risk of been annihilated if u try to change the system.So givin loans and volunteering will not get us into top 20 countries.The Nigerian problem is leadership;period.
Re: What Have You Done For Nigeria Or Your Country In Your Entire Life? by MrCrackles(m): 7:24pm On Mar 28, 2009
Topic

Absolutely nothing till now but i will be championing the course for abolishing the bloody NYSC pretty soon! grin
Re: What Have You Done For Nigeria Or Your Country In Your Entire Life? by bawomolo(m): 7:25pm On Mar 28, 2009

When in Nigeria. I also contribute to the Nigerian Police Endowment Fund, at the rate of 50 naira per checkpoint - a practice which has so far prevented my falling victim to an "accidental discharge" of hot lead

grin grin
Re: What Have You Done For Nigeria Or Your Country In Your Entire Life? by 4Play(m): 7:30pm On Mar 28, 2009
Jakumo:

This one involves a quid pro quo so doesn't constitute a contribution to Nigeria.

@topic

In my case, I think I have made a meaningful contribution towards the wellbeing of many Nigerian girls, particularly those blessed with ample bosoms.
Re: What Have You Done For Nigeria Or Your Country In Your Entire Life? by Nobody: 7:30pm On Mar 28, 2009
I've actually tried to start a Nigerian Organization tongue Didn't work.
Not a big organization sha. Just a school thing.
I've had it planned out, organized it and talked to some people. wink

I know how long and how hard it is to get student grants. embarassed

This summer, I want to put it into action or sth.
No, it does not include sending money to naija angry angry
Just a club or organization. wink

Gators!
Re: What Have You Done For Nigeria Or Your Country In Your Entire Life? by 4Play(m): 7:33pm On Mar 28, 2009
Ebony-Silk:

I've actually tried to start a Nigerian Organization tongue Didn't work.
Not a big organization sha. Just a school thing.
I've had it planned out, organized it and talked to some people. wink

What's this organisation, the Naija Teeny Boppers(Florida Chapter)
Re: What Have You Done For Nigeria Or Your Country In Your Entire Life? by Nobody: 7:34pm On Mar 28, 2009
4 Play:

What's this organisation, the Naija Teeny Boppers(Florida Chapter)
How old do you seriously think I am?

4 Play, which kain wahala are you sef? angry
Re: What Have You Done For Nigeria Or Your Country In Your Entire Life? by Kobojunkie: 7:36pm On Mar 28, 2009
@Ebony-silk, do tell us more about this organization. I want to know more.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

BREAKING NEWS: Appeal Court Acquits Major Hamza Al-mustapha / 10 Shocking Fact About North Korea That Makes The Whole World Hate Them. / Africa's Most Powerful Man. (warning Lots Of Pictures).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.