Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,712 members, 7,816,926 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:23 PM

Africa's Most Powerful Man. (warning Lots Of Pictures). - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Africa's Most Powerful Man. (warning Lots Of Pictures). (5809 Views)

#nottooyoungtorun Bill: Saraki, Senate Deserve Lots Of Accolades / Lots Of Policemen Deployed To Kano State As Kwankwaso Cancels Visit. Photos / Nnamdi Kanu The Most Powerful Man In Nigeria/africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Africa's Most Powerful Man. (warning Lots Of Pictures). by intrepidJ: 10:50pm On Jan 23, 2017
As head of the most populous black nation in the world, commander in chief of one of Africa's largest armies and President of Africa's biggest economy with a GDP of $1 trillion ( when measured in PPP) the President of Nigeria wields an incredible amount of power and influence in the region. While South Africa and Egypt have comparable, if not better armies none can match Nigeria's soft power. Nigeria is in the league of few nations that actively and profitably export its culture. Nigeria 's film industry Nollywood is second only to Hollywood and Nigeria's music and entertainment industry is by far the most dominant in Africa.

Bayo Omoboriowo is the Presidents persobal photographer. His pictures illustrate the grandeur of Nigeria's President.

All pictures : https://jointstrike./2017/01/23/africas-most-powerful-man-in-pictures-2016/

7 Likes

Re: Africa's Most Powerful Man. (warning Lots Of Pictures). by abokibuhari: 10:52pm On Jan 23, 2017
who the shiit is bu ha ri

12 Likes

Re: Africa's Most Powerful Man. (warning Lots Of Pictures). by kachi19: 10:52pm On Jan 23, 2017
OP gerrarraye mehn.

10 Likes

Re: Africa's Most Powerful Man. (warning Lots Of Pictures). by intrepidJ: 10:54pm On Jan 23, 2017
abokibuhari:
who the shiit is bu ha ri

The most powerful man in AFRICA.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Africa's Most Powerful Man. (warning Lots Of Pictures). by sirfee(m): 10:55pm On Jan 23, 2017
grin ;DThe 2nd and 3rd pics though,very funny.

1 Like

Re: Africa's Most Powerful Man. (warning Lots Of Pictures). by sirfee(m): 10:57pm On Jan 23, 2017
intrepidJ:

The most powerful man in AFRICA.
The most powerful man my foot.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Africa's Most Powerful Man. (warning Lots Of Pictures). by Mouthgag: 11:01pm On Jan 23, 2017
sirfee:
Your assholë sef
Go kill yourself nau

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Africa's Most Powerful Man. (warning Lots Of Pictures). by idupaul: 11:01pm On Jan 23, 2017
OP are you on drugs? I opened this page to see a great leader and not this failure ..please correct your topic to Africa's most useless leader.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Africa's Most Powerful Man. (warning Lots Of Pictures). by intrepidJ: 11:03pm On Jan 23, 2017
sirfee:

Look, you have the right to remain ignorant. Donald Trump(or any U.S President) is the most powerful man in the world because America is the number one economy, most powerful military and most dominant & imitated culture in the world. Nigeria is to Africa what America I to the world.

2 Likes

Re: Africa's Most Powerful Man. (warning Lots Of Pictures). by intrepidJ: 11:05pm On Jan 23, 2017
idupaul:
OP are you on drugs? I opened this page to see a great leader and not this failure ..please correct your topic to Africa's most useless leader.

Failure? You on codeine? Boko Haram has largely been defeated. Under Jonathan Boko Haram held territory the size of Belguim. Today Boko Hara holds no one square inch of land and has been flushed out if the Sambisa.

8 Likes

Re: Africa's Most Powerful Man. (warning Lots Of Pictures). by dikeigbo2(m): 11:07pm On Jan 23, 2017
Abeg,who those pishures eelp?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Africa's Most Powerful Man. (warning Lots Of Pictures). by intrepidJ: 11:07pm On Jan 23, 2017
More...

5 Likes

Re: Africa's Most Powerful Man. (warning Lots Of Pictures). by Etzakoos(m): 11:07pm On Jan 23, 2017
Yeah....Go Go Go Nigeria....The Giant Of Africa

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Africa's Most Powerful Man. (warning Lots Of Pictures). by ufuosman(m): 11:07pm On Jan 23, 2017
Abeg who give am the name? Na big name dey kill small dog o.
Re: Africa's Most Powerful Man. (warning Lots Of Pictures). by intrepidJ: 11:09pm On Jan 23, 2017
More...

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Africa's Most Powerful Man. (warning Lots Of Pictures). by Sirpluv: 11:14pm On Jan 23, 2017
I ran into the thread to see something like this, only to get dissappointed to see. . . Ma no talk lipsrsealed . . .

8 Likes

Re: Africa's Most Powerful Man. (warning Lots Of Pictures). by sirfee(m): 11:15pm On Jan 23, 2017
intrepidJ:

Look, you have the right to remain ignorant. Donald Trump(or any U.S President) is the most powerful man in the world because America is the number one economy, most powerful military and most dominant & imitated culture in the world. Nigeria is to Africa what America I to the world.
Jesus!on the contrary you are the clown in this case.Stop passing wrong information to the public,there's no iota of truth in what you've just said now,Nigeria isn't the number one economy in Africa.I'm not hating because I'm not partisan but please emancipate yourself from bigotry and partisanship.

6 Likes

Re: Africa's Most Powerful Man. (warning Lots Of Pictures). by idupaul: 11:16pm On Jan 23, 2017
intrepidJ:

Failure? You on codeine? Boko Haram has largely been defeated. Under Jonathan Boko Haram held territory the size of Belguim. Today Boko Hara holds no one square inch of land and has been flushed out if the Sambisa.

Which dirty Boko Haram? Boko Haram that has been disbanded by its sponsor ..19 months into his govt Buhari still doesn't have a road map , he hasn't added a single unit of value to the lives of Nigerians ..Human rights is at its lowest with his military killing more innocent Nigerians in our history , over a thousand shias killed and buried , over 236 IDPS killed...Electricity supply brought down to its knees , not a single capital project started ....Bro Buhari is is the worst leader the black race has seen period

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Africa's Most Powerful Man. (warning Lots Of Pictures). by intrepidJ: 11:18pm On Jan 23, 2017
Just last week the President of Gambia vowed to hang on to power and not step down after losing the election, because afterall Nigeria is not that strong militarily because of Boko Haram and lacks the assessor project power. All Buhari did was send the Nigerian Navy to put on a show of force to make him no he means business and send fighter jets to support Senegalese troops, radar planes and Drones for surveillance and 200 Airforce Special Forces personnel. Not even the Army...the AIRFORCE, he surrounded the very next day and agreed to step down.

THAT IS POWER for those of you who lack understanding on what strategic geo political power is.

12 Likes

Re: Africa's Most Powerful Man. (warning Lots Of Pictures). by intrepidJ: 11:20pm On Jan 23, 2017
sirfee:
Jesus!on the contrary you are the clown in this case.Stop passing wrong information to the public,there's no iota of truth in what you've just said now,Nigeria isn't the number one economy in Africa.I'm not hating because I'm not partisan but please emancipate yourself from bigotry and partisanship.

What African country comes close to having a GDP of $1 trillion ($560 billion GNP) and 42 billion barrels in oil reserve (worth $3 trillion).

3 Likes

Re: Africa's Most Powerful Man. (warning Lots Of Pictures). by sirfee(m): 11:25pm On Jan 23, 2017
Mouthgag:

Your assholë sef
Go kill yourself nau
I'm not a pdp or apc e-warrior(and I'd never be).Just shut up and go to bed.I don't have time for bigot like you.

2 Likes

Re: Africa's Most Powerful Man. (warning Lots Of Pictures). by intrepidJ: 11:26pm On Jan 23, 2017
This was all it took

3 Likes

Re: Africa's Most Powerful Man. (warning Lots Of Pictures). by intrepidJ: 11:34pm On Jan 23, 2017
Nigeria sends Warships, jets and troops to Gambia.

Nigeria soldiers will, on Wednesday (today), arrive at a base of the Economic Community of West African States troops in Senegal to ensure that President Yahya Jammeh of the Gambia steps down on Thursday, January 19.

Nigerian warship, NNS UNITY, is also heading for the coast of The Gambia to join the operation.

The PUNCH learnt from a top military source in the Nigerian Air Force that the troops would be briefed by the Chief of Air Staff, Air Marshal Sadique Abubakar, in the early hours of Wednesday, before leaving for Senegal.

It was gathered that apart from the NAF and the Nigerian Navy, the Nigerian Army would also contribute troops, although the number of deployment could not yet be ascertained as of the time of filing this report.

The source said some of the NAF fighter jets were expected to airlift the troops.

He said, “I can confirm to you that men of the Air Force will leave for Senegal tomorrow (Wednesday). They will be briefed by the Chief of Air Staff, Air Marshal Sadique Abubakar, at the Kainji base in Niger State.

“That Nigeria is deploying troops is now a certainty after several meetings with The Gambian president yielded no result. The Chiefs of Defence Staff of ECOWAS countries came to Abuja on Saturday, where they discussed what components each member state is expected to contribute to the troops that will force Yahya Jammeh out.

“The troops are expected to stay for two weeks and they will be received at a base in Senegal.”

Another military source added, “The NNS Unity is currently sailing off the coast of Ghana, after leaving from Lagos. It is not only Nigeria. Senegal is the host country for the troops, as it would be easy to launch an attack from there.”

The Defence Headquarters, Abuja, however, said it could not confirm the deployments, adding that it was a matter being coordinated by political leaders.

The Director, Defence Information, Brig. Gen. Rabe Abubakar, said, “We should not drag the Nigerian military into a political issue. What is happening is a political discussion between the ECOWAS leaders, aimed at solving a political impasse in one of its member states.

“Whatever they agreed to do is what will happen. Therefore, the military is not for any engagement regarding Jammeh or any other person for that matter.”

Adama Barrow of the opposition party won the December 1, 2016, presidential election but Jammeh, who initially conceded defeat by congratulating Barrow, made a U-turn a week later, saying he would challenge the results.

Despite interventions by the African Union and ECOWAS, Jammeh insisted he would not hand over power to Barrow.

This stance informed the decision of the leaders to withdraw their recognition for Jammeh as the Gambian president after Thursday.

Meanwhile, Jammeh, on Tuesday, declared a 90-day state of emergency 24 hours to the end of his tenure.

He warned security forces against violating the order or engaging in acts likely to cause a breach of the peace, and denounced “foreign interference in The Gambia’s election.”

The declaration of a state of emergency by the embattled President followed a rejection of his injunction to stop Barrow’s inauguration by the Gambian Chief Justice, Emmanuel Fagbenle, on Monday.

In a televised announcement on Tuesday, Jammeh said, “Any acts of disobedience to the laws of the Gambia, incitement of violence and acts intended to disturb public order and peace are banned under the state of emergency.”

He directed security forces to “maintain absolute peace, law and order.”

Barrow is currently in Senegal and due to security fears, he was unable to attend the funeral of his eight-year-old son, who died on Monday after a dog bite.

Punch.

2 Likes

Re: Africa's Most Powerful Man. (warning Lots Of Pictures). by sirfee(m): 11:52pm On Jan 23, 2017
intrepidJ:

What African country comes close to having a GDP of $1 trillion ($560 billion GNP) and 42 billion barrels in oil reserve (worth $3 trillion).
South Africa's economy is worth around $301bn(£232bn) and Nigeria comes in at $296(as in august 2016) but IMF came up with another list(prediction) in october 2016 which ranked Nigeria ahead of South Africa but remember that Egypt's data was unavailable.Moreover we are still waiting for the new list.

2 Likes

Re: Africa's Most Powerful Man. (warning Lots Of Pictures). by tdayof(m): 11:53pm On Jan 23, 2017
sirfee:
Nigeria current has the biggest economy in Africa. Kindly do your research well.

A South African source.

https://businesstech.co.za/news/finance/140681/nigeria-overtakes-south-africa-as-africas-biggest-economy/

2 Likes

Re: Africa's Most Powerful Man. (warning Lots Of Pictures). by sirfee(m): 12:26am On Jan 24, 2017
tdayof:

Nigeria current has the biggest economy in Africa. Kindly do your research well.

A South African source.

https://businesstech.co.za/news/finance/140681/nigeria-overtakes-south-africa-as-africas-biggest-economy/
This is just a prediction by the IMF,check my reply to the op,you will understand better.I'm a Nigerian and I'm proud to be a Nigerian but the truth need to be told,our economy is worsening every day by day.Can you compare our current Gdp with that of South Africa?$1 is almost equal to #500,Nigerians are wallowing in abject poverty,many are living below $10 etc.

3 Likes

Re: Africa's Most Powerful Man. (warning Lots Of Pictures). by sirfee(m): 12:33am On Jan 24, 2017
intrepidJ:
This was all it took
Indeed,so it is nigerian army not Ecomog any longer.Keep deceiving yourself and other pro Buhari members.

1 Like

Re: Africa's Most Powerful Man. (warning Lots Of Pictures). by Nobody: 1:18am On Jan 24, 2017
intrepidJ:

Now Fulani herdsmen have replaced boko haram; and Buhari is clueless

3 Likes

Re: Africa's Most Powerful Man. (warning Lots Of Pictures). by Donshegxy10(m): 4:00am On Jan 24, 2017
space booked.
Re: Africa's Most Powerful Man. (warning Lots Of Pictures). by Idydarling(f): 4:09am On Jan 24, 2017
dat Airforce ship pix try gan

1 Like

Re: Africa's Most Powerful Man. (warning Lots Of Pictures). by tdayof(m): 4:26am On Jan 24, 2017
sirfee:
This is just a prediction by the IMF,check my reply to the op,you will understand better.I'm a Nigerian and I'm proud to be a Nigerian but the truth need to be told,our economy is worsening every day by day.Can you compare our current Gdp with that of South Africa?$1 is almost equal to #500,Nigerians are wallowing in abject poverty,many are living below $10 etc.
.South Africa economy has been dropping too. The thing is we're Nigerians so we tend to know more about Nigeria. The last post on SA economy said its back behind Egypt the second time in a year and that was late 2016
Re: Africa's Most Powerful Man. (warning Lots Of Pictures). by SIRmanjar(m): 4:51am On Jan 24, 2017
intrepidJ:
Just last week the President of Gambia vowed to hang on to power and not step down after losing the election, because afterall Nigeria is not that strong militarily because of Boko Haram and lacks the assessor project power. All Buhari did was send the Nigerian Navy to put on a show of force to make him no he means business and send fighter jets to support Senegalese troops, radar planes and Drones for surveillance and 200 Airforce Special Forces personnel. Not even the Army...the AIRFORCE, he surrounded the very next day and agreed to step down.

THAT IS POWER for those of you who lack understanding on what strategic geo political power is.
It's like u have malaria abi?Senegal with a little help from westafrican nations installed barrow not nigeria..Why claim anoder manz victory na?

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Labour Party Releases Statement On Indicted And Expelled Former Chairman / Why Is There No “Federal Character” In The Boards Of GTB And Redeemed Church? / EFCC Boss, Magu, Wants Inclusion Of Anti-graft Studies In School Curricula

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.