Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,806 members, 7,820,828 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:42 PM

Apology And Update Regarding July 2015 Thread ' Paternal Grandmother' - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Apology And Update Regarding July 2015 Thread ' Paternal Grandmother' (1544 Views)

Nigerian Grandmother Shows Off Her Swags In New Photos. See What She Did / Beautiful Pictures Of My 80year Old Grandmother / Grandchildren Honour Their Grandmother Who Will Be 78 Years Next Month (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Apology And Update Regarding July 2015 Thread ' Paternal Grandmother' by Highlyfavoured1: 2:11pm On Aug 24, 2015
To whom it may concern

In July 2015 a thread on Nairaland, was created which unfortunately went viral worldwide. The title was
“Paternal Grandmother refuses to bring my children back to the UK”. As requested I will apologize online for the embarrassment this thread may have caused. It was inappropriate to post the name of the grandmother and pictures of her and her family.
This all started because I was told by the grandmother my children will never be released to me. Immediately I felt like a lioness who had her cubs taken away, or a Fowl whose chicks have been removed from her. A mother’s love cannot be replaced so I was ready to do and say all that needed to be done to get my children. Unfortunately I went to the internet instead of having family meetings and civil discussions.
I travelled to Nigeria beginning of August and attended family meetings in Enugu .I have seen my children who are more than eager to come back to the UK. They jumped for joy when they saw me, and my youngest was so emotional shedding tears.
The Amobi family have agreed to release the children before the end of August 2015, once certain conditions are met. For my kids I will climb Mountain Kilimanjaro that is fine.
Again I would like to apologize for any hurt or embarrassment the Nairaland thread may have caused.
God sees all and knows the truth.
Thank you to the British High Commission for their support through this, friends, family and the lawyers that were happy to provide free consultations.

Kind Regards
Miss O Adeyeye

3 Likes

Re: Apology And Update Regarding July 2015 Thread ' Paternal Grandmother' by pickabeau1: 2:17pm On Aug 24, 2015
Fair is foul; foul is fair.. they have forced you to apologize after they saw the mess online stuff can do

Why should anyone hold another's kids because they can

They helped yes..

Now the owner wants the property.. they should let go

Even if na garri the maman get or na welfare.. so what?!

If the kids are not with you by august ending... go ahead with ROUND 2

11 Likes

Re: Apology And Update Regarding July 2015 Thread ' Paternal Grandmother' by tpiander: 2:25pm On Aug 24, 2015
are the kids British citizens?

I assume they would be if their father and grandmother are.

getting them back into the UK should not be difficult in that case.

Hope we are not being scammed?

trafficked persons and all that.
Re: Apology And Update Regarding July 2015 Thread ' Paternal Grandmother' by Highlyfavoured1: 2:34pm On Aug 24, 2015
Last i checked British High commision both in UK and Lagos only provide support to British Citizens.

Don't worry all is well

2 Likes

Re: Apology And Update Regarding July 2015 Thread ' Paternal Grandmother' by tpiander: 2:35pm On Aug 24, 2015
Highlyfavoured1:
Last i checked British High commision both in UK and Lagos only provide support to British Citizens.

. . . . . . . . . . . .
Re: Apology And Update Regarding July 2015 Thread ' Paternal Grandmother' by Nobody: 3:06pm On Aug 24, 2015
Highlyfavoured1:
To whom it may concern

In July 2015 a thread on Nairaland, was created which unfortunately went viral worldwide. The title was
“Paternal Grandmother refuses to bring my children back to the UK”. As requested I will apologize online for the embarrassment this thread may have caused. It was inappropriate to post the name of the grandmother and pictures of her and her family.
This all started because I was told by the grandmother my children will never be released to me. Immediately I felt like a lioness who had her cubs taken away, or a Fowl whose chicks have been removed from her. A mother’s love cannot be replaced so I was ready to do and say all that needed to be done to get my children. Unfortunately I went to the internet instead of having family meetings and civil discussions.
I travelled to Nigeria beginning of August and attended family meetings in Enugu .I have seen my children who are more than eager to come back to the UK. They jumped for joy when they saw me, and my youngest was so emotional shedding tears.
The Amobi family have agreed to release the children before the end of August 2015, once certain conditions are met. For my kids I will climb Mountain Kilimanjaro that is fine.
Again I would like to apologize for any hurt or embarrassment the Nairaland thread may have caused.
God sees all and knows the truth.
Thank you to the British High Commission for their support through this, friends, family and the lawyers that were happy to provide free consultations.

Kind Regards
Miss O Adeyeye

I don't see why you have to apologize. She was embarrassed because she did something wrong. . . . serves her right! tongue

That being said, it's not fair to paste people's pictures online without their permission. (incase of next time sha wink )

3 Likes

Re: Apology And Update Regarding July 2015 Thread ' Paternal Grandmother' by Bidex6444(m): 5:27pm On Aug 24, 2015
Why the apology ?. Goats deserves to be treated as goat. F*ck the grandma .

1 Like

Re: Apology And Update Regarding July 2015 Thread ' Paternal Grandmother' by Haywhymido(m): 5:56pm On Aug 24, 2015
Yea, i remember
Re: Apology And Update Regarding July 2015 Thread ' Paternal Grandmother' by cococandy(f): 6:58pm On Aug 24, 2015
Certain conditions?

Well as long you get your kids back.

The high handedness of giving someone conditions before they can get their own kids back just rubs me the wrong way but hey it's your life and at this point your decision to make.
Maybe you've been cornered and left no other choice.

Goodluck and Godspeed.

2 Likes

Re: Apology And Update Regarding July 2015 Thread ' Paternal Grandmother' by golamike: 7:56pm On Aug 24, 2015
At this point, I think all that matters is getting ur kids back. Apologizing to them is a good move IMO. I just hope some "overzealous" nairalanders will not rekindle the fire that's about to quench with their comments. Pls let's allow the sleeping dog lie so the woman can happily reunite with her kids.

2 Likes

Re: Apology And Update Regarding July 2015 Thread ' Paternal Grandmother' by mutter(f): 8:08am On Aug 27, 2015
golamike:
At this point, I think all that matters is getting ur kids back. Apologizing to them is a good move IMO. I just hope some "overzealous" nairalanders will not rekindle the fire that's about to quench with their comments. Pls let's allow the sleeping dog lie so the woman can happily reunite with her kids.

Very good advice.
Please I am sure the whole of nairaland will help you to apologise if that would make the most happy.
Amobi family please return the children. Children belong with their mother she was desperate.
Op I wish I saw this before. I might have been able to help. I handled such a case years back. In Nigeria such cases are solved by p pass p.
Re: Apology And Update Regarding July 2015 Thread ' Paternal Grandmother' by Onegai(f): 9:11am On Aug 27, 2015
Please keep us all updated to confirm you get your children back by end of August 2015. And we will let sleeping dogs lie and add our apologies to yours. It's for the children.

And we will keep supporting you till your kids come home.

1 Like

Re: Apology And Update Regarding July 2015 Thread ' Paternal Grandmother' by Highlyfavoured1: 7:31pm On Sep 01, 2015
Mission Accomplished.......

Thank You.....
Re: Apology And Update Regarding July 2015 Thread ' Paternal Grandmother' by yougosee: 8:23pm On Sep 01, 2015
Highlyfavoured1:
Mission Accomplished.......

Thank You.....

Hoep this is the real HighlyFavoured & hope you are not lying?
Re: Apology And Update Regarding July 2015 Thread ' Paternal Grandmother' by Nobody: 8:46pm On Sep 01, 2015
Thank God, i rejoice with u Op
Re: Apology And Update Regarding July 2015 Thread ' Paternal Grandmother' by Highlyfavoured1: 7:53pm On Sep 22, 2015
Dear NL

Always continue to serve God,protect yourself with the Blood of Jesus Christ

So that the unseen can be revealed

We give God all the Glory

(1) (Reply)

Relationship Issues That Are Just As Bad As Cheating / Increase In Marital Failures: What Factors Are Responsible And Solutions? / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.