Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,430 members, 7,815,972 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:34 PM

Epc On Dash Board - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Epc On Dash Board (1692 Views)

EPC Sign On 2001 Audi A4 Instrument Panel / Deciphering Mazda Icon On Dash Board / Whats Does This Sign Mean In Dash Board?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Epc On Dash Board by all4praise: 2:23pm On Aug 24, 2015
I recently replaced my 2003 VW Bora 1.6L engine to 2.0L engine as advised by my Mechanic.( A manual transmission car). After the replacement, i discovered an intermittent jerkings with a permanent EPC on the dash board. With computer, i was told that i need to change the no 3 coil which was changed. With the use of the Diagnostic tool the EPC sign was cleared.
After a smooth ride for some minutes i will suddenly have that EPC reappeared and a serious drag movement. No matter how you accelerate the drag movement persist until i switch 'off and on' the car before the EPC disappeared and smooth ride will be restored. After some minutes again the EPC will reappear and the serious sluggish movement will begin. It continues in that cycle.
I complained and now they are looking at the exhaust as the culprit.
Does anyone have idea on what to do and any good VW car mechanic in Abuja? Am really fed up with their work
Re: Epc On Dash Board by all4praise: 3:39pm On Aug 24, 2015
no one to help?
Re: Epc On Dash Board by mayor2013: 4:21pm On Aug 24, 2015
all4praise:
no one to help?

What was the result of the diagnosis that was done? You need a fresh new scan and some1 to interprete the true meaning to you. In case you dont know EPC means electronic pedal control, so I do not know why you where told to change your coil. Call 08156087872 or 08165520837 to get a free scan and fix the problem
Re: Epc On Dash Board by all4praise: 4:24pm On Aug 24, 2015
Thanks Mayor,
Pls are you in Abuja and which side?
Re: Epc On Dash Board by all4praise: 4:28pm On Aug 24, 2015
And i thought EPC means Electronics Power Control?
How can i locate you in Abuja or where are you?
Re: Epc On Dash Board by mayor2013: 5:18pm On Aug 24, 2015
all4praise:
How can i locate you in Abuja or where are you?

Am in lagos
Re: Epc On Dash Board by sultaan(m): 5:35pm On Aug 24, 2015
Here we go again seeking help after damage is done.

If you asked the question when the car had its original engine those who know what to check will let you know but since its modified, no one knows what the mechanic connected and what he left out now it is all guess work.

you can take several pics of the installed engine and the fault(s) on the dash for a better view of the situation
Re: Epc On Dash Board by femicousim: 6:59pm On Aug 25, 2015
i am afraid the engine wire harness might not be the same, that is the 1.6L might be different to the 2.0,so perhaps some connections might be compromised, also the ECU may not be compatible.above all, have the car diagnosed and take it from there with the DTCs pulled out
Re: Epc On Dash Board by all4praise: 4:03pm On Sep 15, 2015
here are the results after a rescan.
1. Engine coolant temperature -high voltage. 2. EGR potentiometer too low. 3. Fan 1 control circuit, short circuit to ground. 4. Fan 2 control circuit short circuit to ground. 5. camshaft position sensor range performance. 6. Map control engine cooling thermostat- open circuit F 265. 7. Bank 1 sensor 2 heater circuit, open circuit. 8. Oxygen sensor circuit bank 1 sensor 2 high voltage. 9. Throttle/pedal position sensor 1/2 G79+G185- implausible signal.
Can anyone help interpret all these and possible solution to these?
Re: Epc On Dash Board by mayor2013: 4:28pm On Sep 15, 2015
all4praise:
here are the results after a rescan.
1. Engine coolant temperature -high voltage. 2. EGR potentiometer too low. 3. Fan 1 control circuit, short circuit to ground. 4. Fan 2 control circuit short circuit to ground. 5. camshaft position sensor range performance. 6. Map control engine cooling thermostat- open circuit F 265. 7. Bank 1 sensor 2 heater circuit, open circuit. 8. Oxygen sensor circuit bank 1 sensor 2 high voltage. 9. Throttle/pedal position sensor 1/2 G79+G185- implausible signal.
Can anyone help interpret all these and possible solution to these?

You called me personally, are you saying you can't get a competent person to handle this car. Well your throttle pedal fault which is number 9 would cause the jerking. Your car is in a limp home mode, camshaft sensor located by the side of the engine which monitors the activity of the camshaft can cause jerking. Inshort this car needs serious fasting and prayer grin
Re: Epc On Dash Board by all4praise: 4:59pm On Sep 15, 2015
well, no more jerking as at now but the only problem that do exist intermittently is the EPC which once appear will make the car to drag. After a switch off and on it returns to normalcy.
Mr Mayor, why the fasting and prayers?
I have checked what you asked me to check and my mechanic has also worked on the throttle. i guess there is still some things we are not getting right, hence the rescan.
The issue now is the once-in-while appearance of the EPC on the dash board.Help still needed.
Re: Epc On Dash Board by mayor2013: 5:26pm On Sep 15, 2015
all4praise:
well, no more jerking as at now but the only problem that do exist intermittently is the EPC which once appear will make the car to drag. After a switch off and on it returns to normalcy.
Mr Mayor, why the fasting and prayers?
I have checked what you asked me to check and my mechanic has also worked on the throttle. i guess there is still some things we are not getting right, hence the rescan.
The issue now is the once-in-while appearance of the EPC on the dash board.Help still needed.

If the job was done right then the EPC would forever be a ghost. Is your car a drive by wire or drive by cable
Re: Epc On Dash Board by Nobody: 6:20pm On Sep 15, 2015
all4praise:

That's exactly what it means. Not Electronic Pedal Control.

1 Like

Re: Epc On Dash Board by mayor2013: 8:17pm On Sep 15, 2015
Siena:

That's exactly what it means. Not Electronic Pedal Control.

Yes electronic powertrain control. A typographical error. Thanks for the correction
Re: Epc On Dash Board by all4praise: 10:18am On Sep 16, 2015
Oga Siena, Your input in this matter will be highly appreciated at this time.
Re: Epc On Dash Board by all4praise: 10:59am On Oct 08, 2015
Finally i got it resolved.
After another rescan, i had a throttle/acceleration pedal position sensor with a code. So, the pedal sensor was to be checked.
I loose the pedal and clean the sensor of any dirt, get it connected again and fix the pedal. That is all i did and since then EPC has finally disappeared.
No more sudden hesitation and the car moves easily and finely.
Thanks to all who have contributed to this thread. thanks to Mayor, your contribution was helpful. Thanks!Thanks!! and Thanks!!!
It is worthy to always scan your vehicle before you carry your car to these roadside Mechanics!
Re: Epc On Dash Board by Yeecar(m): 9:55am On Feb 13, 2016
do you have a scanner?
i also have a bora.
Re: Epc On Dash Board by mayor2013: 10:26am On Feb 14, 2016
Yeecar:
do you have a scanner?
i also have a bora.

What's the problem with your VW bora

(1) (Reply)

AC Installation In A Volkswagen T4- Anyone? / Nissan Primera P10 Over-heating And Number 1 Plug Not Working / Code 0773 On 1999 Toyota Camry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.