Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,023 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:08 AM

EPC Sign On 2001 Audi A4 Instrument Panel - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / EPC Sign On 2001 Audi A4 Instrument Panel (979 Views)

Advert Of Girl Eating Banana: Audi Apologises / "For Sale" Sign On Moving Vehicles Illegal - FCT VIO / Please I Need Opinions On 2001 Honda Civic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

EPC Sign On 2001 Audi A4 Instrument Panel by chiefbuchiV12(m): 8:14pm On Feb 13, 2017
Please what could the EPC sign mean, it comes on when the car is on motion (mostly when driven slowly or cruising speed) and goes off again after some time
Cc. Gazzuzz
Nurey
Nobody
Siena
Re: EPC Sign On 2001 Audi A4 Instrument Panel by nurey(m): 9:21pm On Feb 13, 2017
[quote author=chiefbuchiV12 post=53684859]Please what could the EPC sign mean, it comes on when the car is on motion (mostly when driven slowly or cruising speed) and goes off again after some time]

Epc is called electronic power control, it is a drive by wire system fixed in VW/Audi cars. If this light comes on, there is a problem but there are many things that can cause it from throttle body, throttle pedal, traction body etc.

You are supposed to notice drop in power when the light comes on, the car will move just enough to get you to a repair shop.

My advice is to scan the car so you can narrow down the issue if not, it's guess work which will cost you so much. Where is your location?

Note
Siena the audi guy isn't on nairaland again
Nobody isn't a nairaland moniker grin, it's someone that was banned, so their moniker shows nobody.

1 Like

Re: EPC Sign On 2001 Audi A4 Instrument Panel by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:27pm On Feb 13, 2017
chiefbuchiV12:
Please what could the EPC sign mean, it comes on when the car is on motion (mostly when driven slowly or cruising speed) and goes off again after some time
Cc. Gazzuzz
Nurey
Nobody
Siena

why u copy nobody?

1 Like

Re: EPC Sign On 2001 Audi A4 Instrument Panel by sultaan(m): 10:07pm On Feb 13, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

why u copy nobody?

Nobody could be anybody.

OP

Can you please go check your tire pressure and the size of your tires to see if they are the same.

What work was done on your car by your mechanic in the last 3 weeks before light started coming up

1 Like

Re: EPC Sign On 2001 Audi A4 Instrument Panel by chukel(m): 10:14am On Feb 15, 2017
Sienna is nobody. Lomomike is nobody too. Cityng is nobody also. Nurey, hw is electronic power control drive by wire?
Re: EPC Sign On 2001 Audi A4 Instrument Panel by nurey(m): 10:44am On Feb 15, 2017
chukel:
Sienna is nobody. Lomomike is nobody too. Cityng is nobody also. Nurey, hw is electronic power control drive by wire?

you need to ask the VW group grin, i dont know how both tally but google search the code and thats the result you get. The problem has several factors sha, without scanning it would be trial and error.
Re: EPC Sign On 2001 Audi A4 Instrument Panel by locutas: 11:43am On Feb 15, 2017
chiefbuchiV12:
Cc. Gazzuzz
Nurey
Nobody
Siena

Get your car scanned with VCDS or VAGCOM. The EPC warning light could indicate a number of issues. I have seen it come on as a result of issues from the main power relay (J271) located in the ECU box (on Audis I think).

Nurey is also correct. You'll typically experience total loss of throttle response when the EPC warning light is on.

1 Like

Re: EPC Sign On 2001 Audi A4 Instrument Panel by SmartchoicesNG: 4:04pm On Feb 15, 2017
chukel:
Lomomike is kingreign
Cityng is
Re: EPC Sign On 2001 Audi A4 Instrument Panel by chiefbuchiV12(m): 9:57am On Feb 16, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

why u copy nobody?
Bros I no sabi say nobody na person wen his/her moniker dey banned o, uncle nurey has schooled me on dat
Re: EPC Sign On 2001 Audi A4 Instrument Panel by chiefbuchiV12(m): 10:00am On Feb 16, 2017
sultaan:

Nobody could be anybody.

OP

Can you please go check your tire pressure and the size of your tires to see if they are the same.

What work was done on your car by your mechanic in the last 3 weeks before light started coming up
The car belongs to a friend, I'll ask him
Re: EPC Sign On 2001 Audi A4 Instrument Panel by SmartchoicesNG: 12:30pm On Feb 16, 2017
Oops sorry that ride has a royal problem that can be anything from simple to complicated.....But all in the engine bay....
Go through this link

http://www.audiforums.com/forum/rs-model-line-48/epc-warning-symbol-came-today-while-driving-35667/page6/

Audi_Wagon_420 , 12-04-2010 03:47 PM
Engine Speed Sensor and Crank position sensor are the same thing
I had this same problem with my 2001 1.8t avant. I would be sitting at a stop light and suddenly my car would just stall. It usually started right up, but a few times it would need several minutes to start up again which made it very dangerous to drive on busy roads. The check engine and EPC light would sometimes be on when i started the car and sometimes not, or turn on while driving.

I REPLACED MY CRANK POSITION SENSOR AND THE PROBLEM IS SOLVED. I have not had a stall or warning lights occur since i replaced the sensor several months ago. The guy at the parts store tried to tell me my problem was not the sensor, he claimed that he drove audi's all the time and that the sensor was never the problem. He was clearly wrong.

Also, I've seen a lot of people asking if the engine speed sensor and crank position sensor are the same thing and the answer to that is YES.

Hope this helps.

Another interesting response

(1) (Reply)

Honda Ridgeline 2008. / Toyota Hilux “invincible 50” Celebrates 50 Years Of Success / Help!!! My Nissan Needs A New Tranny

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.