Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,992 members, 7,821,462 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:19 PM

Bishop Oyedepo Says Ladies Attitude Today Is Why Marriages Are Failing Much. - Religion (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bishop Oyedepo Says Ladies Attitude Today Is Why Marriages Are Failing Much. (64129 Views)

Bishop Oyedepo Sends Relief To Idps In Plateau State / Daddy Freeze Reacts To Bishop Oyedepo’s $40m Private Jet Parked At His Hangar / See What Bishop Oyedepo Says On His Retirement After Adeboye Stepped Down (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Says Ladies Attitude Today Is Why Marriages Are Failing Much. by bukatyne(f): 8:13am On Aug 26, 2015
babygirlfl:

I have said it many times that when people tell the couple to pray, endure and all that. They are only telling the woman and not the man. In Nigerian when they say marriage is sacrifice, compromise, tolerating each other, they actually mean women should sacrifice, compromise and tolerate the mans excesses. Simple turning their logic around works wonders. Thanks cococandy for the tip.

Welcome to the Nigerian Bible my sister.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Says Ladies Attitude Today Is Why Marriages Are Failing Much. by Bibol(f): 9:03am On Aug 26, 2015
dinachi:

Long epistle but it is well, I have heard you. Remember to submit to your husband today and enjoy divine blessings. Have a nice day.

Sorry to burst your bubble but I have a divinely blessed home more than anything in this world where my husband and I respect each other's feelings and believe what the bible says, what more can I say, it can only get better by God's grace. Submission and love is not a problem for us so take your sermon somewhere else.

You on the other hand is the one who needs to learn how to love your wife (that's if you are married anyway). If not, kneel down and pray that God blesses you with the bone of your bones so that you can have peace.

I wish you the happiness and marital bliss I already have.

Enjoy your day, mine is already over.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Says Ladies Attitude Today Is Why Marriages Are Failing Much. by cococandy(f): 10:52am On Aug 26, 2015
Didn't you see him evade the question by saying such a woman ain't a true Christain woman thus meaning she doesn't deserve such love and honor.

Na Dinachi you expect to be straightforward? You go wait tire. I knew he will never be able to swallow the idea of what he asks others. I just went ahead to ask him to prove to him I know he uses the bible for selfish reasons.

bukatyne:

What is settled?

Answer me.... should .a man love his wife irrespective of What she does?

I dare you to answer me or your Bible knowledge no reach that one?

I am waiting cheesy

Cc: cococandy

2 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Says Ladies Attitude Today Is Why Marriages Are Failing Much. by cococandy(f): 10:53am On Aug 26, 2015
babygirlfl:

I have said it many times that when people tell the couple to pray, endure and all that. They are only telling the woman and not the man. In Nigerian when they say marriage is sacrifice, compromise, tolerating each other, they actually mean women should sacrifice, compromise and tolerate the mans excesses. Simple turning their logic around works wonders. Thanks cococandy for the tip.
grin

Gbam there

3 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Says Ladies Attitude Today Is Why Marriages Are Failing Much. by cococandy(f): 10:59am On Aug 26, 2015
He may be a role model in other things, not in marriage. That I'm sure of.

I'd get business idea from him any day. And lessons in public speaking too. The man is a genius. Very charismatic and knows how to pull crowd.

But righteous? He's just as two faced as many of them.
Men of God my fat yellow behind.

I'm sure if he tells you to love and honor a disrespectful, bad mannered and unfaithful wife, he will become an 'end time prophet' to you because that's not what you want to hear.

The foolish pride you're talking about is running in your veins full force. You'll only listen to those who massage it but not those who tell you the truth.

I'm telling you the truth of what God expects from you as a true Christian husband and you're saying I'm challenging the bible.
Kilode?
Is your bible different from mine?
Or you just hate the truth?

dinachi:

So you are a better role model than Bishop Oyedepo who has been married to his wife for more than thirty years? This is exactly what is called foolish pride!
Apart from commenting on Nairaland what else have been your contribution to humanity. Bishop Oyedepo ministries spans several countries with outstanding miracles. Some of you women challenging the Bible have serious mental issues.
The other one freecocoa made a blasphemous statement that she is smarter than God and I just realized that she was a reprobated woman who has lost her way.
Only a perishing soul challenges the authority of the Bible. And some of you even has the audacity to denigrate Men of God. Bishop Oyedepo left his wife in a car with a mad person and endangered her life by your calculation because all you see is your carnal mind is that she is endangered. But she sees herself protected by God. Every feminist challenges the Bible because God clearly made the man the head of the home but the spirit of rebellion and pride will block the eyes of those that perish from see it.

3 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Says Ladies Attitude Today Is Why Marriages Are Failing Much. by Nobody: 3:57pm On Aug 26, 2015
kmcutez:

Why?

No matter how one feels or think
Sometimes its better not to talk when the supernatural is involved.

If anything is hidden or wrong. So long as it don't directly affect one then silence pays
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Says Ladies Attitude Today Is Why Marriages Are Failing Much. by Nobody: 3:59pm On Aug 26, 2015
kmcutez:

Why?

No matter how one feels or think
Sometimes its better not to talk when the supernatural is involved.

If anything is hidden or wrong. So long as it don't directly affect one then silence pays

And with your view of the bible I wonder who you are or what you'd believe
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Says Ladies Attitude Today Is Why Marriages Are Failing Much. by Nobody: 4:00pm On Aug 26, 2015
Ikiriye:

You will eat this statement someday,quote me

#smiling

One of them I assume
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Says Ladies Attitude Today Is Why Marriages Are Failing Much. by favourmic(m): 4:22pm On Aug 26, 2015
The world is now a fucking place, as for we men learn to love your wife deeply, those girls sorry I mean those woman including our mother they are not perfect at all, please don't get me wrong although nobody is perfect, but our girls including our mother when they talk some times we get surprise and its makes us unhappy, we can't compare the thinking of 10yrs old boy with 17yrs old girl cos that is how God made them, (any thing a woman does right believe me its mistake) don't be offended mothers..lolz So we need to love them and correct them that is they called them (Alawoku) ladies its better you forget going to school or been educated if you don't respect or be submissive to your husband believe nah problematic coming soon...
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Says Ladies Attitude Today Is Why Marriages Are Failing Much. by Nobody: 4:35pm On Aug 26, 2015
A lot of ladies would stay unmarried because the married ones tell them what "cool" (although they themselves don't do what they say). I know what happens when a lady is who she ought to be and I tell the few ladies that listen YOUR THE Boss if you play it well. But coming here to say men are this men are that and yet you want a home or a man to call your own then its far fetched. Whatever a man may be a lady can make him better or worse. I don't get the issue some of us have with the bible or preachers. Your doubt is your doubt and your believe is yours but why throw stones when you know you live in a glass house. Why meddle with wars that don't exist, why call for a battle when all you've got is a fork and a spike, why say what you feel or think when its a base line initiated by bad experience.

For the smart and sane ladies
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Says Ladies Attitude Today Is Why Marriages Are Failing Much. by thelish(f): 5:38pm On Aug 26, 2015
cococandy:
He may be a role model in other things, not in marriage. That I'm sure of.

I'd get business idea from him any day. And lessons in public speaking too. The man is a genius. Very charismatic and knows how to pull crowd.

But righteous? He's just as two faced as many of them.
Men of God my fat yellow behind.

I'm sure if he tells you to love and honor a disrespectful, bad mannered and unfaithful wife, he will become an 'end time prophet' to you because that's not what you want to hear.

The foolish pride you're talking about is running in your veins full force. You'll only listen to those who massage it but not those who tell you the truth.

I'm telling you the truth of what God expects from you as a true Christian husband and you're saying I'm challenging the bible.
Kilode?
Is your bible different from mine?
Or you just hate the truth?

Does he even know what the wife has been suffering from her husband? HE is here setting them as examples when he knows nothing about them. The years spent in marriage doesn't bring maturity.

2 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Says Ladies Attitude Today Is Why Marriages Are Failing Much. by HAKKINS(f): 1:50pm On Sep 02, 2015
shizzy7:
Is that a Novel??
CHAI. I GIVE UP
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Says Ladies Attitude Today Is Why Marriages Are Failing Much. by optimism91(m): 5:36pm On Sep 02, 2015
kestolove95:
Rubbish...wat abt d men dat can stick dia prick to one toto?

You said men that can stick THEIR ..... to one.........
Is it a bad thing to stick THEIR ...to one.........?
Perhaps, you meant to say " THAT CANNOT STICK TO ONE"
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Says Ladies Attitude Today Is Why Marriages Are Failing Much. by Pidggin(f): 3:31pm On Sep 06, 2015
dinachi:

Do you know the meaning of the letter killeth but the spirit giveth life? You can read all you want like the educated Ethiopian Eunuch but God has to send Philip a man filled with the spirit to lead him to Christ before he could understand the scriptures. The Bible said that the Word of God will never profit you until you mix it with faith! You must believe to understand.

grin grin ;Dthis is funny, even demons quote scriptures so am not surprised cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Says Ladies Attitude Today Is Why Marriages Are Failing Much. by dinachi(m): 3:40pm On Sep 06, 2015
Pidggin:

grin grin ;Dthis is funny, even demons quote scriptures so am not surprised cheesy cheesy cheesy
You need Jesus!
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Says Ladies Attitude Today Is Why Marriages Are Failing Much. by Pidggin(f): 3:56pm On Sep 06, 2015
dinachi:

Stop spreading your foolish pride here! You would do better leading a free the tips parade. Continue to have your foolish pride and die of HBP and stroke due to disobedience to Gods word.

See who's talking about BP and stroke? A bitter soul like u, this is hilarious cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Says Ladies Attitude Today Is Why Marriages Are Failing Much. by dinachi(m): 3:59pm On Sep 06, 2015
Pidggin:

See who's talking about BP and stroke? A bitter soul like u, this is hilarious cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Shut up! Go wash your papa clothes. Lazy child.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Says Ladies Attitude Today Is Why Marriages Are Failing Much. by Pidggin(f): 4:00pm On Sep 06, 2015
dinachi:

Submitting to your husband in obedience to Gods word is stone age but fighting him is 21st century. Continue in your foolish pride!

Look who's quoting scriptures and acting holy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy please read his previous posts and see how much of a sinner he is, this is hilarious cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Says Ladies Attitude Today Is Why Marriages Are Failing Much. by dinachi(m): 4:06pm On Sep 06, 2015
Pidggin:

Look who's quoting scriptures and acting holy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy please read his previous posts and see how much of a sinner he is, this is hilarious cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
You missed it entirely kiddo! Putting kids like you in their proper place is not sin but disciplining them. Now scram!

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Says Ladies Attitude Today Is Why Marriages Are Failing Much. by Pidggin(f): 4:13pm On Sep 06, 2015
dinachi:

Oh you still dont get it? Self control and maturity involves being able to keep your feelings to yourself sometimes. No wonder you are struggling with being under your husbands authority. You do not have self control.

Please remove the log of bitterness and hate in your eyes first before correcting someone else or are you a Pharisee?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Says Ladies Attitude Today Is Why Marriages Are Failing Much. by dinachi(m): 4:16pm On Sep 06, 2015
Pidggin:

Please remove the log of bitterness and hate in your eyes first before correcting someone else or are you a Pharisee?
Nice rants keep it up!

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Says Ladies Attitude Today Is Why Marriages Are Failing Much. by ayodejiayeola(m): 8:48am On Oct 20, 2015
portrait Painting of Special Memories and special people in the life of Bishop David Oyedepo.
The portrait painting of Bishop Oyedepo was commissioned by softcom Company. It was delivered to Bishop Oyedepo On 17th of October 2015. The feedback was awesome when Bishop saw it.

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Says Ladies Attitude Today Is Why Marriages Are Failing Much. by ayodejiayeola(m): 8:51am On Oct 20, 2015
Artist: Ayeola Ayodeji Abiodun (Awizzy)
Mobile No: +2347039409847. +2348052272655.
Email: info@awizzy.net

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Says Ladies Attitude Today Is Why Marriages Are Failing Much. by bezimo(m): 10:14pm On Dec 24, 2015
jutino:
well of all the post I decided to quote U because I just need someone sincere to say the truth how about a man that every misunderstanding with his wife the only thing that comes out of his mouth is that he's tired of the marriage that the woman is a mistake.

The husband is simply impatient with his wife and needs to learn patience and understand his wife more to minimise misunderstanding.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Says Ladies Attitude Today Is Why Marriages Are Failing Much. by Nobody: 6:59am On Jan 14, 2016
Mimiflourish:

Do you think it's Gods plan for a woman to continue to suffer in the hands of her spouse and his family indefinitely to a point where she becomes suicidal or apparently going crazy?
Do you think that's Gods plan for her-- his precious daughter whom he bought with a price?
Does that kind of marriage model the Union of Christ and the church( his bride)?

It's unfortunate that we Christians twist the scriptures to suit our personal gain at the expense of others,in the last days people will be lovers on themselves-- Christ will never treat us bad! He layed his life for us befor we even knew him- this amazing love of Christ is the reason we all have hope and an eternal future with him!

The scriputures should never be used to support bad behaviour.

Never do to anyone what you will not like be done to you.-love your neighbour( wife ) as yourself!

All this long argument is pointless.
You all keep on running with that argument because you fail to see things from the other side.
You are locked to your negative perspective.

We guys (as usual) speak from the position of glass half full.
Women (as usual) are speaking from a position of glass-half-empty.

They say "be submissive to your husband".
Instead of just accepting and saying "yes that makes sense" the typical woman is immediately looking for 1001 reasons why she won't accept.
That is how even in the best of situations, when this woman should be submissive to her husband, she will LOOK FOR NEGATIVES TO FOCUS ON, no matter how small, to validate her pointless reason why she should be spiteful and abbrassive to the leading of her husband.

Now let's change the angle...

If they say "love your wife".
You will suddenly see women flood in with "yes tell them!" but the only difference is, MEN TOO will instinctively agree whole-heartedly with this.
Abi who does not want to love his baby? Men generally FOCUS ON THE POSITIVE when things like these are said.

This is generally the problem with communication with women.
It is often a one-way negative thing with them. Very low minds. They are beings of limited reason, swayed too easily by pointless emotionalism. A trait which in itself disqualifies them from true leadership, as a leader needs to disconnect from these petty things when making decisions for the good of all.

Y'all Give irrelevant responses to and wildly derail every otherwise simple & sensible notions.

Should the natural instinctive reasoning of someone who intends to call herself a wife not be "yes true, I'd like to submit to my husband" when she hears "be submissive to your husband"? Why is it instead "No! this is why...". Why has such an admonition become a bad phrase to you? So many lost and clueless women in the world today that wonder why no man has given a damn enough to add them to his team long term.

You had better go and fast and pray that the demons legions and the stronghold of negativity they have built in your mind be destroyed because without it, if your view on marriage as it pertains to your husband is always negative before anything even happens, then you are unworthy of any of God's sons before you kill him with your nastiness. Perhaps a pet dog would suffice for you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply)

To Tithe Or Not To Tithe: The Whole Truth From The Bible. / Stephanie Otobo Shows Money Apostle Suleman Paid Her Via Statement Of Account / Photo: See The Warning To Ladies Displayed At Entrance Of CLAM Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.