Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,349 members, 7,829,883 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:08 PM

University Status: Alvan Ikoku "University" Of Education Is Boiling (photo) - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / University Status: Alvan Ikoku "University" Of Education Is Boiling (photo) (37767 Views)

Alvan Ikoku Hostel UNN After Heavy Rainfall Yesterday / Education Is meant for those who can afford it(picture) / The Real Reason Behind The 'alvan Ikoku University' Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: University Status: Alvan Ikoku "University" Of Education Is Boiling (photo) by francismillz(m): 7:57am On Aug 25, 2015
They should be happy sef. grin
Re: University Status: Alvan Ikoku "University" Of Education Is Boiling (photo) by youngwarlocks: 7:58am On Aug 25, 2015
ok
Re: University Status: Alvan Ikoku "University" Of Education Is Boiling (photo) by greatestman(m): 7:59am On Aug 25, 2015
oleeee:
college of edu not Polly?,,,,,,,hmmmmm.

College of Education is by way greater and better than Polytechnic. NCE is by way greater the ND.

3 Likes

Re: University Status: Alvan Ikoku "University" Of Education Is Boiling (photo) by vinelli(m): 7:59am On Aug 25, 2015
If it's up to the standard of a conventional university it should be left alone if not let them revert it back
Re: University Status: Alvan Ikoku "University" Of Education Is Boiling (photo) by cupidFlint(m): 8:02am On Aug 25, 2015
Nigeria always having issues with implementation since 1960.
Re: University Status: Alvan Ikoku "University" Of Education Is Boiling (photo) by infosplash(f): 8:04am On Aug 25, 2015
nt possible
Re: University Status: Alvan Ikoku "University" Of Education Is Boiling (photo) by Godsonkemz(m): 8:07am On Aug 25, 2015
Who dash monkey banana. When u applied for it in ur UTME, were you coerced or compelled to do so. U guys beta accept ur fate and stop all these fruitless protest and demonstrations. If ur institution like let them shut down activities for a full session, they are delaying their academic calendar.

1 Like

Re: University Status: Alvan Ikoku "University" Of Education Is Boiling (photo) by cupidFlint(m): 8:07am On Aug 25, 2015
This country is always having issues with implementation since 1960.
Re: University Status: Alvan Ikoku "University" Of Education Is Boiling (photo) by Nobody: 8:12am On Aug 25, 2015
the lecturers are jux protesting because they knw if dey turn uni lecturer,alawee too go upgrade

btw i blame dat visionless ambassador of burukutu
why on earth will u convert a COE to university jux lik dat,
university oooo
om'aale ni bobo yen sha
only God know wat Nigeria would v turn to if he rule us for anoda four years kaiii
Re: University Status: Alvan Ikoku "University" Of Education Is Boiling (photo) by Nobody: 8:16am On Aug 25, 2015
greatestman:

College of Education is by way greater and better than Polytechnic. NCE is by way greater the ND.
lol who dash monkey ogede,for ur yeye mind
u better stop giving ursef unrealistic hope.
nce way b say ppl wey no gt school cert dey enter like say na market
the difference btw nce and hnd iz like from abuja to apocalypto village
Re: University Status: Alvan Ikoku "University" Of Education Is Boiling (photo) by lonelydora: 8:19am On Aug 25, 2015
vizkiz:
boiling keh? Ok, make them help me boil this yam abeg, I no fit stand up from bed this time

What a comic relieve this morning. Lol.
Re: University Status: Alvan Ikoku "University" Of Education Is Boiling (photo) by jazinogold(m): 8:31am On Aug 25, 2015
Weytin consign fowl with tooth brush?
Re: University Status: Alvan Ikoku "University" Of Education Is Boiling (photo) by stanlomite: 8:36am On Aug 25, 2015
U people criticizing the protesters are deem funny, don't you know that most of the so called federal university in Nigeria aren't established as university before..they only undergo conversion
Re: University Status: Alvan Ikoku "University" Of Education Is Boiling (photo) by thexzy(m): 8:41am On Aug 25, 2015
Convert the entities first before talking of an Empire.
Re: University Status: Alvan Ikoku "University" Of Education Is Boiling (photo) by slap1(m): 9:02am On Aug 25, 2015
Honestly I blame GEJ for this. He should have done this long before when he did it. He should have ensured that at least one set graduates with a B.Ed. I don't think Buhari has their time; there's no minister of education. When they're ready to learn, let them put off the stove.

1 Like

Re: University Status: Alvan Ikoku "University" Of Education Is Boiling (photo) by Wendysmart(f): 9:09am On Aug 25, 2015
this is what happens when decisions are made without full deliberation of the issue at hand.
It wouldnt have hurted me if I hadnt purchased their form....now we dont know when is the date for the exam.
Re: University Status: Alvan Ikoku "University" Of Education Is Boiling (photo) by Kiakia(m): 9:11am On Aug 25, 2015
Some posts here made sense. I now seem to understand that a government cannot just decide to convert a College of Education to a University, thus changing it's status overnight, without it meeting basic criteria of being properly called a University. Even though AlCE has been in existence for a whie now, it cannot really metarmorphose to a University overnight without basic requirements that obtains in more established Universities such as the qualification of the lecturers(Msc. minimum) and number of Professors among the teachers,etc. However, I believe these criteria can still be met if the upgrade is allowed to stand and efforts made to meet the requirements.

1 Like

Re: University Status: Alvan Ikoku "University" Of Education Is Boiling (photo) by millionaireman: 9:12am On Aug 25, 2015
Imo state merited a new federal university, but not to be located in Owerri.

Such a "conversion trick" to have two federal universities in a state only in the state capital which also hosts a state university and two state and federal polytechnics is Owerri being too "selfish."

Strange: in Imo state, all the five universities and polytechnics are located inthe state capital, or nearest to it.

When Federal government is to open a new federal university in Imo state, it has to be located in Orlu or Okigwe - never in Owerri.
Re: University Status: Alvan Ikoku "University" Of Education Is Boiling (photo) by swanky500(m): 9:26am On Aug 25, 2015
well, i dey AVAN
and
IKEOKWU
adiroo mm..
Re: University Status: Alvan Ikoku "University" Of Education Is Boiling (photo) by Harrychocoberry(m): 9:35am On Aug 25, 2015
For those of you that purchased the post utme form..exams hopefully would hold on 1st and 2nd of September..
Re: University Status: Alvan Ikoku "University" Of Education Is Boiling (photo) by 400billionman: 9:36am On Aug 25, 2015
We can never go back to Egypt.

I support.

All the Egyptian must drown in the red sea
Re: University Status: Alvan Ikoku "University" Of Education Is Boiling (photo) by Jaidooo(m): 9:48am On Aug 25, 2015
dataseller21:
ok
scam alert!
Re: University Status: Alvan Ikoku "University" Of Education Is Boiling (photo) by Jaidooo(m): 9:51am On Aug 25, 2015
dataseller21:
ok
you go register another moniker, unintelligent swindler.
Re: University Status: Alvan Ikoku "University" Of Education Is Boiling (photo) by ohworode20: 9:53am On Aug 25, 2015
The country is so hard..even university graduates do not have enough savings to pursue their cases to a logical conclusion in a competent court of jurisdiction in the event that their rights are trampled upon..and some folks are heating their heads on the wall because Govt does not want colleges of education to be universities again.. I think their lives will be better of as NCE holders than B.ED holders.!
Re: University Status: Alvan Ikoku "University" Of Education Is Boiling (photo) by bigerboy200: 10:00am On Aug 25, 2015
horexy:
What actually is d bone of contention?
Can someone pls tell me? angry
Cos I don't understand undecided
Come let me explain it to u in slow motion since u are a slow learner..
Re: University Status: Alvan Ikoku "University" Of Education Is Boiling (photo) by uncleck: 10:00am On Aug 25, 2015
twoondei:
Me thinks there are criteria to be met before you can call an institution a university. Facility, manpower, capacity.. And so on.

When most of your lecturers are BSc holders, you won't expect that sort of conversion.

Upgrade first! Then convert
The issue of "criteria" is not the matter. Jonathan's government groomed those four colleges of education before upgrading them. in alvan, some departments like education, biology etc have up to 70% ph.d

Remember too that alvan has been awarding degree in affiliation wit UNN for many years now.

1 Like

Re: University Status: Alvan Ikoku "University" Of Education Is Boiling (photo) by toolovely(m): 10:00am On Aug 25, 2015
the alvan is a degree awarding college affilliated to unn. you can check for your self. mbok
efilefun:
Even the universities aint equipped enough to produced well baked graduates now you crying ofconverting a COE to University...lol Most Universities in Nigeria got same standard as high schools over here talk less of a COE. lol They aint even asking of being a polytechnic
Re: University Status: Alvan Ikoku "University" Of Education Is Boiling (photo) by uncleck: 10:12am On Aug 25, 2015
Kaeboy:
lol who dash monkey ogede,for ur yeye mind
u better stop giving ursef unrealistic hope.
nce way b say ppl wey no gt school cert dey enter like say na market
the difference btw nce and hnd iz like from abuja to apocalypto village
Oga please stop exposing your ignorance in public forums like this
Re: University Status: Alvan Ikoku "University" Of Education Is Boiling (photo) by uncleck: 10:18am On Aug 25, 2015
Kiakia:
Some posts here made sense. I now seem to understand that a government cannot just decide to convert a College of Education to a University, thus changing it's status overnight, without it meeting basic criteria of being properly called a University. Even though AlCE has been in existence for a whie now, it cannot really metarmorphose to a University overnight without basic requirements that obtains in more established Universities such as the qualification of the lecturers(Msc. minimum) and number of Professors among the teachers,etc. However, I believe these criteria can still be met if the upgrade is allowed to stand and efforts made to meet the requirements.
sorry. the conversion was not done overnight. Alvan is better than most universities in Nigeria in terms of qualitative education. And take note, Masters degree holders teach only NCE students, except in few departments were they may be allowed to teach few degree courses.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: University Status: Alvan Ikoku "University" Of Education Is Boiling (photo) by Ayyomrond(m): 10:41am On Aug 25, 2015
For those of you saying thrash,have you ever been to ADEYEMI FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF EDUCATION before.We've the capacity and the human power to start a university.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Visit To Kaduna State University After Massive Increase In Fees (photos) / Student's Leg Crushed In Lagos On His Way To School (Graphic Photos) / Muslim Clerics At Osun School To Enforce Hijab On School Girls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.