Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,813 members, 7,810,121 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:12 PM

My Visit To Kaduna State University After Massive Increase In Fees (photos) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / My Visit To Kaduna State University After Massive Increase In Fees (photos) (37732 Views)

Seyi Makinde Renames University After Ajimobi (Photos) / Greenfield University School Fees (Photos) / Deeper Life High School Fees (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Visit To Kaduna State University After Massive Increase In Fees (photos) by TheZebra: 1:57pm On Apr 30, 2021
So I left Zaria this morning and decided to visit the kaduna state University to see what is actually special about the school after their massive school fees increase from a region of about 21,000 to between 150,000 to 500,000 naira.

ACADEMIC STRUCTURE: The university have just concluded their 2019/2020 school calendar, becoming the only state University in Nigeria to do so, this is because the university doesn't engage in ASUU strike, and also, online lectures were carried out due to the covid'19 lockdown.

The environment is a beauty to behold, as it is located in the heart of kaduna city. For a state university founded in 2006, I am a bit impressed at the structures put in place but certainly does not justify the recent school fees increase.

Below are some pictures I took with my phone

Outside the main gate: Road construction still ongoing

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Visit To Kaduna State University After Massive Increase In Fees (photos) by TheZebra: 2:04pm On Apr 30, 2021
Inside the school, immediately after the first gate

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Visit To Kaduna State University After Massive Increase In Fees (photos) by TheZebra: 2:04pm On Apr 30, 2021
Some nice buildings

Aerial view

Re: My Visit To Kaduna State University After Massive Increase In Fees (photos) by TheZebra: 2:21pm On Apr 30, 2021
More

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Visit To Kaduna State University After Massive Increase In Fees (photos) by CAPITALBEE: 2:26pm On Apr 30, 2021
grin

By virtue of these pictures, I still don't see any justification for the outrageous tuition fee review. undecided

What's the volume of research being done here and what influence does it have?

What about knowledge transfer? Can the institution conveniently boast of this?

It's not like they meet all standard criteria for university ranking!

177 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Visit To Kaduna State University After Massive Increase In Fees (photos) by Ohizfly(m): 2:32pm On Apr 30, 2021
light my kpoli

warizdis

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Visit To Kaduna State University After Massive Increase In Fees (photos) by Vision4God: 2:35pm On Apr 30, 2021
Beautiful.

1 Like

Re: My Visit To Kaduna State University After Massive Increase In Fees (photos) by tayewomi(m): 2:37pm On Apr 30, 2021
All i see here is farmland

158 Likes 7 Shares

Re: My Visit To Kaduna State University After Massive Increase In Fees (photos) by yungchop: 4:03pm On Apr 30, 2021
all I see here is a big poultry farm

213 Likes 7 Shares

Re: My Visit To Kaduna State University After Massive Increase In Fees (photos) by chiiraq802(m): 4:15pm On Apr 30, 2021
yungchop:
all I see here is a big poultry farm

123 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Visit To Kaduna State University After Massive Increase In Fees (photos) by AroOkigbo(m): 4:48pm On Apr 30, 2021
Terrorists' Training College, TTC.

44 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Visit To Kaduna State University After Massive Increase In Fees (photos) by johnpablo541(m): 4:59pm On Apr 30, 2021
TheZebra:
So I left Zaria this morning and decided to visit the kaduna state University to see what is actually special about the school after their massive school fees increase from a region of about 21,000 to between 150,000 to 500,000 naira.

ACADEMIC STRUCTURE: The university have just concluded their 2019/2020 school calendar, becoming the only state University in Nigeria to do so, this is because the university doesn't engage in ASUU strike, and also, online lectures were carried out due to the covid'19 lockdown.

The environment is a beauty to behold, as it is located in the heart of kaduna city. For a state university founded in 2006, I am a bit impressed at the structures put in place but certainly does not justify the recent school fees increase.

Below are some pictures I took with my phone

Outside the main gate: Road construction still ongoing

@OP. That is not true. Delta state university finished theirs last year and have resumed for the 2020/ 2021 session.

51 Likes

Re: My Visit To Kaduna State University After Massive Increase In Fees (photos) by Oppy2k2: 5:15pm On Apr 30, 2021
Look like idp camp

12 Likes

Re: My Visit To Kaduna State University After Massive Increase In Fees (photos) by SportsHD: 5:22pm On Apr 30, 2021
All i see here is Bandit land. school wey pantami people go still invade and the students would desert it.
bubu and pantami Llc.
Dealers in kidnapping banditry, and terrorism. Available 24/7. Head office- no 7, Aso drive, Presidential Villa, Abuja.
Hotline- 0800CALLaBANDIT. For Our Referenced, seasoned terrorist negotiator, Contact Sheikh Gumi.

16 Likes

Re: My Visit To Kaduna State University After Massive Increase In Fees (photos) by blackboy(m): 5:25pm On Apr 30, 2021
Them pictures do not justify hike in school fees. The OP must be a local man or has not visited other higher institutions in SW or other states of repute.

So during a nationwide lockdown such local schools were in session?

I really wonder the quality of graduates.

By the way I heard the increase was for non indigenes .

Them no want them.

How many nigerian parents can pay such for state schools . If this trend is allowed to continue everyone will be schooling in their states or have saved crazy money to send their wards to state schools in other states.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Visit To Kaduna State University After Massive Increase In Fees (photos) by ChiefSosa(m): 6:18pm On Apr 30, 2021
I'm confused, I don't even know what to type sef. I seriously don't know how to react to this thread. Anyway, here's a pic, enjoy:

21 Likes

Re: My Visit To Kaduna State University After Massive Increase In Fees (photos) by Nobody: 6:26pm On Apr 30, 2021
Please I forget - what is the JAMB cut-off to gain admission into this University?
Re: My Visit To Kaduna State University After Massive Increase In Fees (photos) by Lamasta(m): 6:32pm On Apr 30, 2021
Not qualified to be called a university but a glorified secondary school no tangible infrastructure but bungalows everywhere and showing us roads yet you are charging students 500k

33 Likes

Re: My Visit To Kaduna State University After Massive Increase In Fees (photos) by heckymaicon(m): 7:04pm On Apr 30, 2021
Nonsense. Is this a paid post by kaduna state government?

Nigeria is weeping. Divide this shithole asap

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Visit To Kaduna State University After Massive Increase In Fees (photos) by sofiscatedmoron: 7:50pm On Apr 30, 2021
This one be like secondary school
For anambra state
What a shame to call this a university

14 Likes

Re: My Visit To Kaduna State University After Massive Increase In Fees (photos) by Totilopussylick(m): 7:57pm On Apr 30, 2021
Almajiri study centre undecided

5 Likes

Re: My Visit To Kaduna State University After Massive Increase In Fees (photos) by falcon01: 8:15pm On Apr 30, 2021
Bullshit of the highest order

5 Likes

Re: My Visit To Kaduna State University After Massive Increase In Fees (photos) by Ay77(m): 8:26pm On Apr 30, 2021
Jihadist college

7 Likes

Re: My Visit To Kaduna State University After Massive Increase In Fees (photos) by Coldie(m): 8:41pm On Apr 30, 2021
That means schools like UST port Harcourt supposed dae charge #1million per student

13 Likes

Re: My Visit To Kaduna State University After Massive Increase In Fees (photos) by Finewarriboy: 9:31pm On Apr 30, 2021
johnpablo541:

@OP. That is not true. Delta state university finished theirs last year and have resumed for the 2020/ 2021 session.
Oniòvo, e go beta for u

6 Likes

Re: My Visit To Kaduna State University After Massive Increase In Fees (photos) by Generalwoodz(m): 9:48pm On Apr 30, 2021
Nothing special because the environment still looks all like an Islamic center for strategic studies... They got other campuses thou

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Visit To Kaduna State University After Massive Increase In Fees (photos) by Birniwa(m): 4:56am On May 01, 2021
Just look at how illiterate dumbhead these set of beings are. The OP's intention is to show you how the school premises has now become deserted as result of the fees hike, not trying to show how beautiful or otherwise the school is.

Nigeria will be a little better place if people like you don't really exist on its surface.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Visit To Kaduna State University After Massive Increase In Fees (photos) by Franzinni: 7:53am On May 01, 2021
Kaduna weather nah natural instagram filter

Even if you pour snow for ground once you see the weather you go know say nah KD be that ...

Nice development ...

2 Likes

Re: My Visit To Kaduna State University After Massive Increase In Fees (photos) by Sunnybay7: 7:53am On May 01, 2021
Nothing spectacular
Re: My Visit To Kaduna State University After Massive Increase In Fees (photos) by Nobody: 7:54am On May 01, 2021
They tried small sha.

State university is far better than laptop university e.g NOUN

patlex

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Iyaje Abuma Shedrack: UNIJOS Student Stabbed To Death By Suspected Hoodlums / 150 Courses Unaccredited In Nigerian Universities — FULL LIST / Student's Leg Crushed In Lagos On His Way To School (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.