Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,062 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:23 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1020) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4389460 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1017) (1018) (1019) (1020) (1021) (1022) (1023) ... (3667) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AngelicBeing: 5:31pm On Aug 17, 2018
Mgbadike80:
dear house, we're researching for a new hotel brand to be introduced into the country, and we would be more than happy if you can give us your answer to this question. would you lodge in a hotel that offers cheap rates (5k downwards depending on the number of days paid for) but does not offer free Wi-Fi and a TV in the rooms. please, your honest answers would really be appreciated.
Due to the state of in-security in Nigeria today, the security of the hotel is paramount to me, WiFi is not important to me because I can subscribe to data via any mobile telecommunications company, TV is a must, so yes. I will pay more than 5000 naira if the hotel has mopol guarding the hotel, the security of the hotel environment is more important to me than anything and yes I will pay more and I have done that several times in Nigeria in the past
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Mgbadike80: 6:50pm On Aug 17, 2018
AngelicBeing:
Due to the state of in-security in Nigeria today, the security of the hotel is paramount to me, WiFi is not important to me because I can subscribe to data via any mobile telecommunications company, TV is a must, so yes. I will pay more than 5000 naira if the hotel has mopol guarding the hotel, the security of the hotel environment is more important to me than anything and yes I will pay more and I have done that several times in Nigeria in the past
thanks for your contribution, the hotels would be located in safe neighbourhoods with armed security guards 24/7, CCTV cameras would be available on all common and exterior areas.Security measures would be regularly reviewed. please,would you don't mind if ceiling fans are provided instead of air conditioners? we're trying to see the possibility of providing a low cost but clean and efficient lodging with 24/7 electricity. so is air conditioning a must or would you accept ceiling fans as alternative for the right price?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AngelicBeing: 7:43pm On Aug 17, 2018
Mgbadike80:
thanks for your contribution, the hotels would be located in safe neighbourhoods with armed security guards 24/7, CCTV cameras would be available on all common and exterior areas.Security measures would be regularly reviewed. please,would you don't mind if ceiling fans are provided instead of air conditioners? we're trying to see the possibility of providing a low cost but clean and efficient lodging with 24/7 electricity. so is air conditioning a must or would you accept ceiling fans as alternative for the right price?
Air-conditioned rooms is a must for me because the heat in Nigeria can sometimes be terrible, but to be honest with you, if you have to provide A/C in all the rooms, 5000 naira is too small because you have to factor in diesel for the standby generator, I also think most guests will prefer an air-conditioned room to ceiling fans .

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Mgbadike80: 8:15pm On Aug 17, 2018
AngelicBeing:
Air-conditioned rooms is a must for me because the heat in Nigeria can sometimes be terrible, but to be honest with you, if you have to provide A/C in all the rooms, 5000 naira is too small because you have to factor in diesel for the standby generator, I also think most guests will prefer an air-conditioned room to ceiling fans .
thanks for your contributions, we would continue to work on our numbers, we look forward to inviting you on a visit to our budget hotel when we eventually roll out our first site.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rubbiish(m): 8:55pm On Aug 17, 2018
e316:
Hello Building Engineers/Gurus in the House!
Please I'd like to have an idea of what it will cost to build two units of a 1 Bedroom flat (storey building) in Delta State. Each unit will have 1 parlour, 1 bedroom, 1 kitchen, 1 bathroom/ toilet, 1 balcony and 1 Front verandah. Available space: 31x20 feet.

The Unit upstairs will have 1 staircase. Thanks for your anticipated response.
Sir this your brief no too clear oo
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 8:58pm On Aug 17, 2018
Bimpsyyyyy:

U no buy my doors, well, i can sell cheapers ones for you then can also sell and install door frame for you with a discount. Call or whatsap me on 09069193297
How much do you make these types of door frames I need 24 of them.
Picture credit goes to skimanski

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by oduncojamaica(m): 10:45pm On Aug 17, 2018
Pls house ï Just roof My building Last 4 month, but ï discover that some of the woods started having holes and producing powder particules,but thé ceiling has not done yet. How and what to use to rescue the situations.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by nwaorlu: 11:00pm On Aug 17, 2018
Suggestions on post construction cleaning people. I have a house that is already painted, I am interested in someone that will do a good job cleaning it without splattering dirt on the wall. Thanks. Any suggestion would be appreciated.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Daboomb: 12:55am On Aug 18, 2018
NicoleFrancesLo:
I am an american citizen

Gringo, If you want, l can sell Ojo Millitary Cantonemnet to you. It is our family land. shocked
It is a very big expanse of land and you will like it.
You need to pay the 'advance agreement' price of $200,000 first and $5,000 for processing and stamp duty.

Nairalanders, l hope l am doing fine up to this moment? grin undecided

Weyrey ni bobo yi now.

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AngelicBeing: 6:12am On Aug 18, 2018
Daboomb:

Gringo, If you want, l can sell Ojo Millitary Cantonemnet to you. It is our family land. shocked
You need to pay the 'advance agreement' price of $200,000 first and $5,000 for processing and stamp duty.

Weyrey ni bobo yi now.
Hian, you want to sell a military Cantonemnet shocked

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Bimpsyyyyy: 7:27am On Aug 18, 2018
Teebawse:

What me on 09069193297. We can talk here
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Bimpsyyyyy: 7:29am On Aug 18, 2018
nwaorlu:
Suggestions on post construction cleaning people. I have a house that is already painted, I am interested in someone that will do a good job cleaning it without splattering dirt on the wall. Thanks. Any suggestion would be appreciated.
I have some véry professional to do the cleaning of your house. Call the person on 08162347303
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 7:33am On Aug 18, 2018
oduncojamaica:
Pls house ï Just roof My building Last 4 month, but ï discover that some of the woods started having holes and producing powder particules,but thé ceiling has not done yet. How and what to use to rescue the situations.

Powdering is as a result of worms living inside the wood. How many no of wood has started powdering? If they are nogging woods you can replace them.
If they are principal components, you can get chemicals and apply directly into the holes.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 7:33am On Aug 18, 2018
AngelicBeing:

The only people you should be afraid off is sars they are the one raiding hotels now not even armed robbers... I went to phc last two weeks the taxi that took me advice me not lodge in some particular hotels because of sarz can you imagine...

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AngelicBeing: 7:44am On Aug 18, 2018
twinskenny:

The only people you should be afraid off is sars they are the one raiding hotels now not even armed robbers... I went to phc last two weeks the taxi that took me advice me not lodge in some particular hotels because of sarz can you imagine...

Lol, I forgot to add SARS to the list, you are right though, SARS operatives in Nigeria are the current blood sucking demons called Armed robbers, I doubt if all the useless reforms / rebranding by the criminal politicians in Abuja can have any effect sad

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by educhigo: 11:57am On Aug 18, 2018
please urgent answer needed,can i use stone for lintel and pillars in a bungalow?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dremca(m): 12:14pm On Aug 18, 2018
Their target could be yahoo boys, the same way they raid night clubs.
AngelicBeing:
Lol, I forgot to add SARS to the list, you are right though, SARS operatives in Nigeria are the current blood sucking demons called Armed robbers, I doubt if all the useless reforms / rebranding by the criminal politicians in Abuja can have any effect sad

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Talk2iyfy: 12:22pm On Aug 18, 2018
Yes you have spoken the mind of the elders. Igwe is also aware of this development and has suggested we engage the village town crier immediately. Let's gather on the next Eke market day to complete the sacrifice with the foreigners head. I greet you my elders.
Daboomb:

Weyrey ni bobo yi now.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AngelicBeing: 12:39pm On Aug 18, 2018
Dremca:
Their target could be yahoo boys, the same way they raid night clubs.
And they are all the same and deserve to be flogged with koboko laden with chilly pepper and dumped into the sea to be eaten by sharks shocked

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by nwaorlu: 2:28pm On Aug 18, 2018
Bimpsyyyyy:

I have some véry professional to do the cleaning of your house. Call the person on 08162347303

Thanks. I will contact him.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by oduncojamaica(m): 6:45pm On Aug 18, 2018
KolaShangOne:

Powdering is as a result of worms living inside the wood. How many no of wood has started powdering? If they are nogging woods you can replace them.
If they are principal components, you can get chemicals and apply directly into the holes.
sir it affect few members of the component and what type of chemical sir. Tanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by baaliyah(m): 10:42pm On Aug 18, 2018
oduncojamaica:

sir it affect few members of the component and what type of chemical sir. Tanks

use this

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by oduncojamaica(m): 10:49pm On Aug 18, 2018
baaliyah:

use this
thanks my Brother
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 6:06am On Aug 19, 2018
Teebawse:

I did mine in Delta State for N6,500 per frame all inclusive. That's fixing the frame, polishing/vanishing and hanging the door. Mind you, the dressing of the door- mortar work is not included.

Also note that my frames are pure mahogany locally crafted; no MDF or HDF. This has a bearing on price. I'm not sure but the picture you posted may be MDF or HDF so price comparison may conflict.

The achitrave or skirting as they call it in Nigeria will come later. So skirting price is not included.

I'm not sure though of using MDF/HDF for frames. It will need good engineering to support the doors long term. Or maybe the accompanying doors may not be heavy.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Memejem: 6:24am On Aug 19, 2018
Hey everyone,

I have a question regarding the difference between lightening arrestor and earthing. What are the differences and benefits of the two?

I’m at the wiring stage now. We have a lightening arrestor installed already. I received a wiring quotation, but I’m not sure if earthing was included. I didn’t see any quote for green wires.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Target22: 7:30am On Aug 19, 2018
An unfinished house for sale in delta state. Call me for more information
land size 60x134ft
Quincy- 08166944253

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by seunben(m): 8:09am On Aug 19, 2018
I read this question on another thread (link below) and I thought to ask the question here to get more response.

is it not against construction ethics to
use polymer to separate the foundation from the main building. I observed that the building has no german floor

pls the construction gurus enlighten novice like us

cc
spyder880
Hajj
abdulwastecx
rubbish

https://www.nairaland.com/4683551/right-way-during-building-construction

picture courtesy BestDataDeals

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by seunben(m): 8:10am On Aug 19, 2018
another picture

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 9:11am On Aug 19, 2018
diordaves:

I did mine in Delta State for N6,500 per frame all inclusive. That's fixing the frame, polishing/vanishing and hanging the door. Mind you, the dressing of the door- mortar work is not included.

Also note that my frames are pure mahogany locally crafted; no MDF or HDF. This has a bearing on price. I'm not sure but the picture you posted may be MDF or HDF so price comparison may conflict.

The achitrave or skirting as they call it in Nigeria will come later. So skirting price is not included.

I'm not sure though of using MDF/HDF for frames. It will need good engineering to support the doors long term. Or maybe the accompanying doors may not be heavy.
Thanks bro,got someone for 8k each both workmanship,said he would use kokogbo or margin

(1) (2) (3) ... (1017) (1018) (1019) (1020) (1021) (1022) (1023) ... (3667) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.