Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,153 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:13 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1022) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4389994 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1019) (1020) (1021) (1022) (1023) (1024) (1025) ... (3667) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 1:19am On Aug 21, 2018
itswell1:

Advertise? Hajji you are making this people not answer me and am not happy about it. Do I look like someone that will advertise markets here,

Not you. The original poster of the advertisement I mean.
I can never tell anyone not to answer you about a question.
I am talking about the original advertisement you quoted and responded to. I have nothing against you Sir.
Please if I was wrong, repost your question so that people may respond. Thank you.

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Daboomb: 2:22am On Aug 21, 2018
Mgbadike80:
dear house, we're researching for a new hotel brand to be introduced into the country, and we would be more than happy if you can give us your answer to this question. would you lodge in a hotel that offers cheap rates (5k downwards depending on the number of days paid for) but does not offer free Wi-Fi and a TV in the rooms. please, your honest answers would really be appreciated.

While l wont, l can assure you that there are millions of nigerians who would.

Infact, that l wont is not because it is not good or desirable, it is because l have specific hotels l stay and l dont usually deviate from them or their affiliates even when l am outside the country.
Even if you offer it free and add Premiership TV to it, some people will still not patronise you. grin grin (Except you stock the fridge with free Hennessy and Cold Orijin, for free! shocked shocked )

Generally speaking, most people watch TV on their Phones/Tablets and those devices have data subscription.
I will never open my phone to a free Wifi (and allow some bad boyz in through the back door!), anyone that does that is actually courting trouble.
Data is cheap enough these days so why be on the same lane with someone who is interested in your BVN and financial details stored onyoru phone?
okay, you will say l have anti-virus and firewall, e.t.c but do oyu think yours is better and strongerthan that of the American NSA or the Democratic party or the NewYork Times or other well established organisations with dedicated IT-security staff manning it?

So, l will encourage you to go ahead. The 'market' is plenty waiting for you.
What you wil be doing is carving a niche for yourself, targetting a specific spectrum of the market - People who want it good and cheap and fast.
Examples are travelling Professionals who just want to check-in and sleep, after playing on their Tablet for a few hours.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Daboomb: 2:41am On Aug 21, 2018
AngelicBeing:
Hian, you want to sell a military Cantonemnet shocked

Yes na. grin grin

Only to American citizen who finds his way to this particular thread sha. undecided

just imagine, the guy get liver or does he not know that people here shaprapra ni! shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Daboomb: 2:53am On Aug 21, 2018
Nestiga:
Yes

Dont bring this rogue Custodian Insurance company to these thread please.
I know some of their top level managers, including that CFO that knows nothing but was brought and planted by the 'investors' using the company to launder stolen funds.
Dont even go there, you hear.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AngelicBeing: 4:11am On Aug 21, 2018
@Daboomb, you are cracking me up with your answers above , Abeg l be kobo kobo guy jare, your explanation make sense, I learnt the kobo koko word from Hajj Mufutau grin

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Mgbadike80: 6:01am On Aug 21, 2018
Daboomb:

While l wont, l can assure you that there are millions of nigerians who would.

Infact, that l wont is not because it is not good or desirable, it is because l have specific hotels l stay and l dont usually deviate from them or their affiliates even when l am outside the country.
Even if you offer it free and add Premiership TV to it, some people will still not patronise you. grin grin (Except you stock the fridge with free Hennessy and Cold Orijin, for free! shocked shocked )

Generally speaking, most people watch TV on their Phones/Tablets and those devices have data subscription.
I will never open my phone to a free Wifi (and allow some bad boyz in through the back door!), anyone that does that is actually courting trouble.
Data is cheap enough these days so why be on the same lane with someone who is interested in your BVN and financial details stored onyoru phone?
okay, you will say l have anti-virus and firewall, e.t.c but do oyu think yours is better and strongerthan that of the American NSA or the Democratic party or the NewYork Times or other well established organisations with dedicated IT-security staff manning it?

So, l will encourage you to go ahead. The 'market' is plenty waiting for you.
What you wil be doing is carving a niche for yourself, targetting a specific spectrum of the market - People who want it good and cheap and fast.
Examples are travelling Professionals who just want to check-in and sleep, after playing on their Tablet for a few hours.
thanks, why we tried not to include a television is to reduce the electricity consumption but we have just discovered led flat screen televisions that runs only on 33watts. the biggest headache is electricity supply, a typical Nigerian hotel runs on 300kva generator that consumes a drum of diesel, every 4hours. that means a thousand litres of diesel per day. we're trying to cut it down by at least 70%. thanks for your contributions, we really appreciate it.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Mgbadike80: 6:13am On Aug 21, 2018
Daboomb:

Gringo, If you want, l can sell Ojo Millitary Cantonemnet to you. It is our family land. shocked
It is a very big expanse of land and you will like it.
You need to pay the 'advance agreement' price of $200,000 first and $5,000 for processing and stamp duty.

Nairalanders, l hope l am doing fine up to this moment? grin undecided

Weyrey ni bobo yi now.
chat, my Belle o. I don laugh tire.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Mgbadike80: 6:19am On Aug 21, 2018
Dremca:
Their target could be yahoo boys, the same way they raid night clubs.
it's not their job, SARS is meant only for crimes involving fire arms, the equivalent of a swat team. the police have an anti fraud unit and EFCC is also there.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Mgbadike80: 6:32am On Aug 21, 2018
twinskenny:

The only people you should be afraid off is sars they are the one raiding hotels now not even armed robbers... I went to phc last two weeks the taxi that took me advice me not lodge in some particular hotels because of sarz can you imagine...

Bros the thing tire person o. maybe we would be paying protection money to their bosses in addition to the regular police bosses. I have never heard of armed robbers raiding a hotel in Onitsha but SARS do it regularly claiming to be searching for prostitutes and their customers. innocent guests arrested to be bailed with 10k. it's the governors that I blame. however, I believe the hotel owners association would soon sort it out by collectively paying protection money to the state commissioner of police. I also believe that if we locate the hotels in decent locations and avoid the presence of prostitutes, we would be less likely to be raided.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Qc1(m): 6:54am On Aug 21, 2018
rotecch77:
Here are some plastering done by my guys ...Nigerians ooo

So get Nigeria men as your 1st choice, negotiate with them and supervise your job if you dont have builder or engr to do that for you.

Hey buddy, I suggest you should add some sort of burglary proof to those windows.

Thank me later grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by skimanski(m): 7:08am On Aug 21, 2018
Qc1:

Hey buddy, I suggest you should add some sort of burglary proof to those windows.

Thank me lataer grin

Lol smiley

The window Looks so nice you are almost tempted not to Put Burglar Bars. Just that we dont know if the area agrees.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AngelicBeing: 7:43am On Aug 21, 2018
Mgbadike80:
thanks, why we tried not to include a television is to reduce the electricity consumption but we have just discovered led flat screen televisions that runs only on 33watts. the biggest headache is electricity supply, a typical Nigerian hotel runs on 300kva generator that consumes a drum of diesel, every 4hours. that means a thousand litres of diesel per day. we're trying to cut it down by at least 70%. thanks for your contributions, we really appreciate it.
Have you considered to go the Solar Energy route , since it is a hotel business you / partner are embarking upon & I consider it a long-term investment.

I think you should look at the options of installing solar power to reduce costs of diesel, your guests will prefer to sleep with fan / Air-conditioner plus good security than having WiFi & TV but on a lighter note, I see a vision from the celestial realm that Nigerians will have 24/7 power supply in the year 2050 after all the looters in government have been flogged out of office and dumped into the sea to be eaten by sharks tongue

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AngelicBeing: 7:54am On Aug 21, 2018
Qc1:

Thank me lataer grin
I just looked at the pictures again and noticed that there is no bulgary proof shocked, huh, before I will agree to sleep in a house without bulgary proof, you have to provide 4German shepherds or armed mobile police men in the property or else I will not be comfortable to close my eyes at night, in as much as bulgary proof doesn't stop robbers invasion but it does act as a kind of deterrence, nawao, you will build a house in Nigeria and encircle yourself like Gutanamo prison yard shocked
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Qc1(m): 8:32am On Aug 21, 2018
skimanski:

Lol smiley

The window Looks so nice you are almost tempted not to Put Burglar Bars. Just that we dont know if the area agrees.

I agree with you on this one. grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Qc1(m): 8:34am On Aug 21, 2018
AngelicBeing:
I just looked at the pictures again and noticed that there is no bulgary proof shocked, huh, before I will agree to sleep in a house without bulgary proof, you have to provide 4German shepherds or armed mobile police men in the property or else I will not be comfortable to close my eyes at night, in as much as bulgary proof doesn't stop robbers invasion but it does act as a kind of deterrence, nawao, you will build a house in Nigeria and encircle yourself like Gutanamo prison yard shocked

Na so ooo...!

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Mgbadike80: 9:04am On Aug 21, 2018
AngelicBeing:
Have you considered to go the Solar Energy route , since it is a hotel business you / partner are embarking upon & I consider it a long-term investment , I think you should look at the options of installing solar power to reduce costs of diesel, your guests will prefer to sleep with fan / Air-conditioner plus good security than having WiFi & TV.
we have already planned for a 5000watts solar system but it's not enough to power the hotel at full capacity. the initial cost for solar is immensely prohibitive so we're considering to gradually scale up both the hotel and our electric power system. we would start with no more than 40 rooms, preferably less and build more structures with more energy solutions as our room occupancy rate increases.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Mgbadike80: 9:08am On Aug 21, 2018
AngelicBeing:
Have you considered to go the Solar Energy route , since it is a hotel business you / partner are embarking upon & I consider it a long-term investment.

I think you should look at the options of installing solar power to reduce costs of diesel, your guests will prefer to sleep with fan / Air-conditioner plus good security than having WiFi & TV but on a lighter note, I see a vision from the celestial realm that Nigerians will have 24/7 power supply in the year 2050 after all the looters in government have been flogged out of office and dumped into the sea to be eaten by sharks tongue
2050? in the long run, we're all dead -Maynard Keynes. we have decided to use 32 inches led televisions in the rooms.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 2:39pm On Aug 21, 2018
Mgbadike80:

i lodged in one hotel in ibadan.. low budget hotel owner deploy solar.. it is a lot of money but it worth it.. no sound of generator at all except when they want to pump water... room is 5500 per nite. they also installed central solar water heater.. pretty much effective too

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Talk2iyfy: 10:16pm On Aug 21, 2018
Hello bro, I've similar plan of coverage area of 247sqm.
Please if you have started to DPC, kindly give me details cos I'm about to start as my plan just returned from urban. I've up to 6500 of 9 inches blocks already on ground. Reply appreciated. Thanks
earthrealm:
so i got the quote for my builder for my project, 1 unit 4br apartment and 2 units 2 br apartment, all together a single structure. attached is an illustration of the floor plan.is the quote reasonable?..both materials and labour?

MATERIALS.
16mm rod 37 length 12mm rod 130 length 8mm rod 55 length binding wire half roll peggs 5 3inches nail 25 pan weight 1 by 12 boards 85 pieces 2 by 3 woods 40 pieces One to two trip of samd One trip of shipping 150 to 250 bag of cements 3000 pieces of 9 Inches blocks

LABOUR
Foundaton digging #200000 foundaton casting #90000 foundaton iron work to d p c level #100000 foundaton carpentry work to d p c #80.000 mason and labour block work to d p c #200.000 engineer work pegging profile supervision #150.000 Total #820.000

THE STRUCTURES footprint is 255sq meters, land area is 467 sq meters

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Mgbadike80: 11:01pm On Aug 21, 2018
twinskenny:

i lodged in one hotel in ibadan.. low budget hotel owner deploy solar.. it is a lot of money but it worth it.. no sound of generator at all except when they want to pump water... room is 5500 per nite. they also installed central solar water heater.. pretty much effective too
we have plans to go completely solar but we would start with a generator to power the initial 40 rooms and when the entire structure is completed and functional,we can go completely off grid with solar. thanks for the suggestion about the central solar water heater. we would look into it
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Talk2iyfy: 11:19pm On Aug 21, 2018
OK give me a reasonable fair price for each. The person supervising is related to me. So I want to pay but not excess. Break payment down by stages. 34 columns and coverage is 247sqm. 4bedroom duplex and 2 units if 2 beddroom flat all attached together.
Chekitaut:
Pay after you have accomplished the stage. Foundation to DPC, Setting of blocks & casting of columns, Decking.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 12:06am On Aug 22, 2018
Talk2iyfy:
OK give me a reasonable fair price for each. The person supervising is related to me. So I want to pay but not excess. Break payment down by stages. 34 columns and coverage is 247sqm. 4bedroom duplex and 2 units if 2 beddroom flat all attached together.
Supervision fee is 10% of cost of materials & Labour.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ejitest1(m): 3:42pm On Aug 22, 2018
DON'T MISS THIS GREAT OPPORTUNITY TO OWN AND INVEST YOUR MONEY IN REAL ESTATE

OXFORD ESTATES

LOCATIONS & PRICES

* EWEKORO/ITORI
(Onigbedu Road)
MINI PLOT: 350k
MEGA PLOT: 600k.

*SHAGAMU
(Beside the express before shagamu junction)
MINI PLOT : N400k.
MEGA PLOT : N800k.

* IMOTA IKORODU
(Along Yaba tech NUT coop estate)
MINI PLOT : N500k.
MEGA PLOT : N1 m.

*OGIJO IKORODU (Close to Rccg New Auditorium. With C of O)
MINI PLOT : N1.5 m.
MEGA PLOT : N2.5 m.

* IBEJU-LEKKI PHASE 1
(ELERANGBE C of O)
MINI PLOT : N1.5m.
MEGA PLOT : N3m.

* LAKOWE/SHAPATI AJAH Phase 1
( Fenced and gated with C of o)
MINI PLOT : N5m.
MEGA PLOT:N10m.

LAKOWE SHAPATI PHASE 2
(Fenced gated, with C of O)
MINI PLOT : N6m.
MEGA PLOT : N12m.

* FESTAC 6TH/7TH AVENUE
MINI PLOT: N6m.
MEGA PLOT: N12m.

* ABEOKUTA Phase 1 (Okeata Estate, Ita-Oshin)
MINI PLOT: N300k.
MEGA PLOT: N500k.

* ABEOKUTA Phase2 (Alabata Unaab road)
MINI PLOT: N200k.
MEGA PLOT: N400k.

*ATAN-OTA
(Along Sokoto Road)
MINI PLOT : N500k.
MEGA PLOT : 1m.

* MOWE SHIMAWA
(Close to new Rccg Auditorium)
MINI PLOT: N 1.5m.
MEGA PLOT: N3m

*AGBARA
(Beside trailer park)
MINI PLOT: N500k
MEGA PLOT: N1m

* IFO
(Maro village, via koka Road)
MINI PLOT: 400
MEGA PLOT: 750k.

*ATAN OTA
(Akore)
MINI PLOT : N300k.
MEGA PLOT : N600k.

* ATAN OTA
(Lemomu)
MINI PLOT : N400k
MEGA PLOT : N800k

*IBADAN
(Lagelu L.G.A, along austere road, near prison staff CICS qtrs close to Bowen University )
MINI PLOT : N250k
MEGA PLOT : N500k.

* IBADAN AKOBO
(Lagelu L.G.A, Sanjuolu Village, Oke ITa, off Olorunda after Army Barrack)
MINI PLOT: N750k
MEGA PLOT: N 1.5m

* IBADAN OLODE
(Oluyoleye L.G.A, Ayegun, Olujuoro Road)
MINI PLOT: N400k
MEGA PLOT:N750k

* IBADAN (EGBEDA PHASE I )
( Egbeda L.G.A, Osegere Village, by Ibadan/Ife Express way)
MINI PLOT: N400k.
MEGA PLOT:N850k

* IBADAN (EGBEDA PHASE 2 )
( Besise Alade Olatunji filling station along Ibadan/Ife Express way)
MINI PLOT:N900k
MEGA PLOT:N1.8m

* IBADAN (EGBEDA PHASE 3)
(Opposite Alade Olatunji filling Station, along Ibadan/Ife Express way)
MINI PLOT: N1m
MEGA PLOT:N2m

*IBADAN (NEW FELELE EXTENSION)
(Oluyole L.G.A, Laonu, via Abaode by Faruk Road)
MINI PLOT: N450k
MEGA PLOT: N900k

* IJEBU ODE Phase 1 (Ososa)
MINI PLOT: N300k
MEGA PLOT: N600k

* IJEBU ODE Phase2 (ITELE)
MINI PLOT:350k
MEGA PLOT: N600k

Features:
* Installment payment available up to 6 months installment with at least 30% initial deposit
* no omo-onile wahala
* Instant allocation after full payment
* Low and unbeatable prices
* Our estates are free from Govt acquisition & litigation.

Dial 07063253357 for more info
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DEBUU: 3:59pm On Aug 22, 2018
Pls I need the help of a civil Engineer or an Architect. pls how much will it cost me to up a 3 bedroom flat bungalo. Again I want to roof a six bedroom flat bungalow , how much will cost me.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mrsteel: 4:18pm On Aug 22, 2018
DEBUU:
Pls I need the help of a civil Engineer or an Architect.
pls how much will it cost me to up a 3 bedroom flat bungalo.
Again I want to roof a six bedroom flat bungalow , how much will cost me.
Getting a building plan is the first step before talking abt cost sir.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BuilderDave: 4:27pm On Aug 22, 2018
FOR STRUCTURAL DRAWING AND DESIGN OF COMMERCIAL AND RESIDENTIAL BUILDING CALL 08 0 58601487, 0 7 06 3154532
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 5:23pm On Aug 22, 2018
Qc1:

Thank me later grin

thanks chief.
actaully this is how I use to do most of my plastering work after the dressing of the edges then we installed the burglar bar
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 5:30pm On Aug 22, 2018
skimanski:

Lol smiley

naa soo my brother, although we installed burg..after the plastering as usual, you know naa.
but I did one building somewhere in village( ogun state ) some yrs back uptill now the owner asked us to leave it that way without burg.. I will post the pics later.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dremca(m): 6:00pm On Aug 22, 2018
The owner must be having a natural security appatus in place.
rotecch77:

naa soo my brother, although we installed burg..after the plastering as usual, you know naa.
but I did one building somewhere in village( ogun state ) some yrs back uptill now the owner asked us to leave it that way without burg.. I will post the pics later.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 6:05pm On Aug 22, 2018
Dremca:
The owner must be having a natural security appatus in place.

actually most houses in that area are without burglar bars
and I sense that rate of crime is very low in the region.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1019) (1020) (1021) (1022) (1023) (1024) (1025) ... (3667) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Rany4all(m), segcymoor(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.